As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Prey] Mooncrash DLC out now!

1161718192022»

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Okay, if anyone is playing Mooncrash (or regular Prey)

I had a crazy 3am hallucination post last night about the crosshairs being slightly off - i.e. lower vertically than centered x/y on the screen

And I remembered an option about that, something to do with console vs pc displays

Turns out that was Destiny 2

You can fix it, however, by editing an .ini file as described in this reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/prey/comments/69h99n/how_to_center_the_crosshair/

The game.ini referenced there is for normal Prey, though - turns out the .exe for Mooncrash is different. Hunt around in the Prey directory for "Whiplash", and fix the game.cfg in there - that's the cfg used for Moonbase. Apparently it was a development name for it :+1:

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Completed all Kasma orders, escaped with all 5 and completed every achievement.

Yet I still want more Prey content.

• Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    Took me a year, but I finally finished Prey. Now that was a good plot driven FPS. Really took me back to the System Shock days.

Look forward to the sequel! For now, on to the DLC!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Finally have a chance to play Mooncrash. Booted the game to get started and man, I forgot how fucking good the menu music and overall sound design is.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Hmm, I don't really like the structure of the DLC. I see what they're going for but not really my bad. I didn't know they added NG+ with survival mode stuff though so now that's happening.

Man, I forgot how cool and stylish the opening helicopter flight is.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I seriously like the Looking Glass screens they've got in this game.
    Samsung and LG need to get to work on those, ASAP.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Okay this DLC is scratching an itch I didn't know I had. I just finished Joan's story and escaped on the shuttle.

• Options
    DLC finally completed! Towards the end the game got really difficult. The last run I did everything I could to keep everything at level 1 so I could run through it.

What a fucked up ending.

• Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    The first character you get is so self-sufficient that I wonder if I should use him last (I haven't unlocked everybody yet) for the "get everybody out successfully" mission.

On the other hand, I have so damn many points that I think I could probably get everybody out by buying them all pistols and a zillion bullets. Bullets and the guns are weirdly cheap for how good they seem to be?

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    l_g wrote: »
    The first character you get is so self-sufficient that I wonder if I should use him last (I haven't unlocked everybody yet) for the "get everybody out successfully" mission.

On the other hand, I have so damn many points that I think I could probably get everybody out by buying them all pistols and a zillion bullets. Bullets and the guns are weirdly cheap for how good they seem to be?

Yeah the volunteer is the powerhouse of the bunch. I didn't have any Typhon problems with him. Of course the bots were a pain since they resist fire.

I usually went in with a pistol and 90 ammo, medkit, one of each of the infliction healing items, and the jetpack. I don't think I dropped below 100k SIM points but I couldn't spend more.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Edit: Nevermind, I see they moved Josh to an "Easier" place that I seem to have missed, bah.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    This is something of a nightmare to get working with controller on PC, huh? Tooled around with it last night, everything was slippery. Found out about the whole configuring deadzones thing, did that, helped a little. Got past the credits and has to stop for the night.

Turned it on today and the controller doesn't work at all. The right stick acts as a mouse, and none of the buttons work. This is only for Prey. Amazing. :tell_me_more:

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Maybe it's specific to your controller? I used a Steam controller for multiple playthroughs of the first game and the entirety of Mooncrash, never had the slightest issue.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Nah, it's a problem unique to Prey so far. I found a work around tho, touch wood. Disabled the controller under Properties (forced off setting) and now it works. For some reason this wasn't working via Big Picture mode, and only took effect when turning it off in regular Steam. So now it works. Now that it's disabled! PC games. :tell_me_more:

Oh brilliant