As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What is your religion [chat]?

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    tumblr_pj1psatVqQ1tcqhjho1_540.png

The New York World, New York, March 8, 1898

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    The joke option
    aw yeah time to assault everyone's eyeballs with my christmas avatar

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The joke option
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I'm hot.

That is my religion

That is the only religion there needs to be.

"Our founder."
    e06c026dda181df13dc39023ac1c8e50.png

Don't forget about the prophet Vega.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    That jerking off on figurines subreddit
    Honk wrote: »
    I’m one of those molochists that don’t go to ceremony but when the romans are outside the walls you better believe I am sacrificing at least three kids.

*stokes fire under bronze bull halfheartedly*

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    my religion can best be summed up by the classic track how do you talk to an angel? by the heights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csATriX8Ed0

also i am a true believer, i even watched the shitty saved by the bell meets 90210 teen dramedy they built around it

That intro is like they distilled the early 90s and bottled it, as one might with liquid smoke.

Concentrated 1990s.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The joke option
    I'm hot.

That is my religion

Man is not hot, only god is hot
    No mere mortal can ever be hot

PSN: Honkalot
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    my religion can best be summed up by the classic track how do you talk to an angel? by the heights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csATriX8Ed0

also i am a true believer, i even watched the shitty saved by the bell meets 90210 teen dramedy they built around it

That intro is like they distilled the early 90s and bottled it, as one might with liquid smoke.

Concentrated 1990s.

they even have a younger kenny g clone

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    I'm hot.

That is my religion

Paris Hiltonism.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm an ATHEIST

Always
    Telling
    Horses
    Everyone
    Is
    Supporting
    Them

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I'm hot.

That is my religion

two plus two is four
    minus one that's three
    holy trinity

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    The joke option
    Any person who says they could never be turned on by a figurine or drawing has revealed a startling and damning lack of imagination

wandering wrote: »
    Any person who says they could never be turned on by a figurine or drawing has revealed a startling and damning lack of imagination

has anyone said that though

this straw man

so

so stuffed with straw

*sweats*

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

Titty figurines are literally our oldest art form

Aww yeah.

h3yjy2jbiic3.jpg

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Aww yeah.

h3yjy2jbiic3.jpg

Primordial thicc

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Yesterday at work (also, having posted this, I don't need to do my annual war on christmas here at length, I assume, cause I have condensed my spiel down into a very digestible bite that I cannot imagine anyone finds objectionable):

M (senior-ish guy): Hey, we should have a secret santa for the team!

younger female employee: Oh yeah that would be great!

M: you should plan it, then

credeiki: we just got back from the diversity training thing in which it was specifically called out how we shouldn't give the one woman on the team all the social planning events!

M: you should do it then

credeiki: lol no, I don't like secret santas and I don't like christmas

everyone: *gasp* what??????

credeiki: 1. I don't celebrate christmas so whatever 2. separately from that, I simply don't like it

M: ok can I ask you how this came about though?

credeiki: while many people can celebrate christmas without imparting any religious significance to it as it has among other things a wide cultural footprint and ubiquity in our society, as a Jew I was explicitly raised to understand that it was a religious holiday not intended for my consumption, and as such have always found it quite alienating. I don't mean to detract from anyone's secular experiences of it, but that is how I was raised so it is to some degree how I still feel. Also I don't like the enforced cheer or music or decorations.

M: hah thank you for answering my probing/personal question. [talks about how it was to celebrate christmas as an expat in egypt; v interesting]

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Look, all I'm going to say is that I just finished watching She-Ra and whoever designed this Catra costume was on fucking point

fA5I38J.jpg?1

The joke option
    I'm hot.

That is my religion

(May not be safe for work)

(Yes that’s Sir Ian McKellen)

Yeah, I'm an ATHEIST

Always
    Telling
    Horses
    Everyone
    Is
    Supporting
    Them

We've got your back horses

You can do it

cred aside from the chistmas part i just want to say i feel you so hard on the "didn't we just have diversity training about this?" part

workplaces just be like

prom catra is a fuckin baller

hey buddy
    Maybe you should fuckin do it

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I'd rather just live my life and not have to talk about it
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    Sorry, Chanus. I was born a snake handler and I'll die a snake handler.

how can you handle snakes when they don't exist tho

B1PJhBg.jpg

11 minutes wandering

this is assault

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I didn't fail to make the new [chat] because I was too busy

I saw that geth had picked me, and I decided to instead go to the store

ftOqU21.png
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    @P10 did you say in last chat you needed a new graphics card?

I just replaced my 970 and now it's just sitting around in my house if you want it mailed to you

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    credeiki wrote: »
    Yesterday at work (also, having posted this, I don't need to do my annual war on christmas here at length, I assume, cause I have condensed my spiel down into a very digestible bite that I cannot imagine anyone finds objectionable):

credeiki: we just got back from the diversity training thing in which it was specifically called out how we shouldn't give the one woman on the team all the social planning events!

credeiki: 1. I don't celebrate christmas so whatever 2. separately from that, I simply don't like it

credeiki: while many people can celebrate christmas without imparting any religious significance to it as it has among other things a wide cultural footprint and ubiquity in our society, as a Jew I was explicitly raised to understand that it was a religious holiday not intended for my consumption, and as such have always found it quite alienating. I don't mean to detract from anyone's secular experiences of it, but that is how I was raised so it is to some degree how I still feel. Also I don't like the enforced cheer or music or decorations.

M: hah thank you for answering my probing/personal question. [talks about how it was to celebrate christmas as an expat in egypt; v interesting]

Did he do Coptic Christmas or, as I’m assuming some regular ass American Christian, attempt to replicate the American one with family and friends?

smCQ5WE.jpg
    cred aside from the chistmas part i just want to say i feel you so hard on the "didn't we just have diversity training about this?" part

workplaces just be like

to be fair the guy had not been able to attend, but I was just coming back from it and was like, ok, I just made a mental commitment to be the advocate for the two young women on the team and watch out for this shit because I am absolutely the best positioned to 1. notice sexism and 2. speak up about it, so I had to say something

hm yes he didn't expect such a candid and lengthy answer, possibly, but I am really personally disclosive at all times so w/e. "bring your authentic self to work"

Winky wrote: »
    Aww yeah.

h3yjy2jbiic3.jpg

Primordial thicc

Quick! Hide it under the grass nest before mom sees!

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Look, all I'm going to say is that I just finished watching She-Ra and whoever designed this Catra costume was on fucking point

fA5I38J.jpg?1

Prom Catra finally dethroned D.Va as my avatar

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    papa nurgle bless

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Aww yeah.

h3yjy2jbiic3.jpg

Primordial thicc

I liked the theory somebody put forth - not that I especially believe it, but I like the theory - that this is a self portrait

since the proportions look a lot like what somebody looks like when they look down

ftOqU21.png

workplaces just be like

to be fair the guy had not been able to attend, but I was just coming back from it and was like, ok, I just made a mental commitment to be the advocate for the two young women on the team and watch out for this shit because I am absolutely the best positioned to 1. notice sexism and 2. speak up about it, so I had to say something

hm yes he didn't expect such a candid and lengthy answer, possibly, but I am really personally disclosive at all times so w/e. "bring your authentic self to work"

damn skippy

being my authentic self has taken new corporate overlords aback a bit these last couple weeks

as i refuse to blow smoke up their asses about how everything in the business is totally functional and working as intended hah

Elki wrote: »

Did he do Coptic Christmas or, as I’m assuming some regular ass American Christian, attempt to replicate the American one with family and friends?

The latter, which is definitely less interesting than anything related to Coptic christianity which I know nothing about!

There's always the one guy in the village who never leaves his hut and it's just filled with fertility idols

I hate Christmas i wish it wasn't compulsory

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    khorne = gryffindor
    tzeentch = ravenclaw
    nurgle = hufflepuff
    slaanesh = slytherin

prove me wrong

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    The joke option
    11 minutes wandering

this is assault
    It’s long but the ending is great trust me

workplaces just be like

damn skippy

being my authentic self has taken new corporate overlords aback a bit these last couple weeks

as i refuse to blow smoke up their asses about how everything in the business is totally functional and working as intended hah

This is either going to get you fired, or make you the new CEO

Abdhyius wrote: »
    Aww yeah.

h3yjy2jbiic3.jpg

Primordial thicc

I liked the theory somebody put forth - not that I especially believe it, but I like the theory - that this is a self portrait

since the proportions look a lot like what somebody looks like when they look down

I don't know which pleases me more: that this was prehistoric anime titty, or this was prehistoric sexting.

This discussion has been closed.