As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Ultra-Delux Compact Model Classiness Gifts! [SECRET SANTA] & [CRYPTIC CARDS]

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    What is this.... "Suhtair Warez"? The one guy has a cross, is it one of those Christian movies?

I ate an engineer
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    What is this.... "Suhtair Warez"? The one guy has a cross, is it one of those Christian movies?

Obscure movie series, you wouldn't have heard of it. Some decent if obscure memes though.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

It predates Christianity by quite a long time.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

It predates Christianity by quite a long time.

And a long distance from the origin of the Abrahamic faiths. A long, long distance.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Shots fired!

Many times!

Amazon is using a shotgun, it appears

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I have received gifts!

A nice set of fine tip brushes, a set of Vallejo model acrylics, a couple volumes by historian Stephen R. Platt on the Opium Wars and the Taiping Rebellion (which occupy that perfect space for a student of history where you only know the broad details but the subject is something you’ve always been interested in), and a set of MtG duel decks Speed vs Cunning.

I’m definitely going to enjoy all of these!

Unfortunately I couldn’t find anything in the boxes telling me who my mysterious Santa is. Please santa, let me know who you are!

fuck gendered marketing
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Gifts Ordered!

though I might have to contact my santee more directly to ensure they actually receive them

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    RMS hope you like the books!

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    today is payday

do you all know what that means?

one of you fuckers about to be shot with some festive spirit

(first package will arrive Saturday with more detail)

It looks like one shot was quicker than expected. A package without a note should be arriving today (I’m not used to dealing with such an efficient postal system)

If you get an unexpected parcel, feel free to open. Despite the odd shape of the package, it’s not a pipe bomb.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Just ordered my cryptic card printed!! :)

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Part 1 of gift volley may have arrived today I think!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Gift package away! Should arrive Monday, was quite impressed at how the post office lady crammed it all into a single padded envelope because I was planning on buying a flat rate box but she wanted to see if she could get it all into the envelope. :)

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Part 1 of gift volley may have arrived today I think!

DIRECT HIT!
    Part one arrived today.

I don't quite know what it is, and as mentioned upthread FrauCron is very serious about the whole "no opening of gifts until the big day" but I think she'll probably aquiece when all parts have arrived.

For now though, it's under the Christmas lamp (we don't have a tree, so the gifts are going at the base of the floor lamp in the sitting room) and waiting for its friend.

sig.gif
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    The first volley has landed!

BxqppBs.jpg?1

Four Magic rares! Hunted Troll, Vulturous Zombie, Mistmeadow Witch, and Pentavirus! An omen of things to come? A puzzle I've yet to solve? Some cool cards totally unrelated to the rest of the gifts? Who knows!

Thanks, Santa!

I ate an engineer
    First package has landed. I know this because the postal service sent me a picture of the package outside of your house without needing a signature. That seems unsafe and insecure but sure, enjoy

• N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So I'm not entirely sure which Secret Gifting Enterprise this package is the result of because no note!
    But I got this package:
    aqklerh.jpg?1
    It was squishy and intriguing.
    And then I opened it, and it was awesome!

ht1YOSl.jpg?1

Yeah 4th Doctor socks!

So, whoever has sent the awesome socks, thank you!

THE GIFTER HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED.

But I'll just leave this here to spread the sock love.

N1tSt4lker on
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    edit: wrong thread!

spool32 on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    And the first shot has been fired. I'm going to use this weekend to look for some local items to send (I already have a few ideas.)

I feel like I'm slacking this year - it's a bit of a stressful month this time, with us working on closing on a house.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    I've been gifted! Photos incoming this afternoon!

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Just started actually drawin the card for my cardee today. The concept is fairly crystalized, at least.

the front end of the card is a slam dunk!

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    A blessin' from Ireland arrived at my doorstep! Good news @Tav, porch pirates did not make away with the goods, and your secondary box made it as well! Thanks a bunch! I will remain vigilant for the third to arrive. :)

s3w29011lqol.jpg

The whiskey looks amazing and I can't wait to try it. Looks to pair well with Fury Road later tonight...

Cristoval on
    edited December 2018
    8GA0mkY.gif

Hoo boy strap in! I got a package this afternoon from a Mysterious Stranger! First thing I see when I open the box is these adorable boys staring up at me!

TSWEnNs.jpg

But I pick up the shirt and that's not all! There's another gift underneath it packaged nicely in a bag. I open it up and pull it out and see these gorgeous stills! In spoilers because there were A LOT of them!
    1uzQx2e.jpg

BTzn3TP.jpg

jhEtCKg.jpg

sahT42n.jpg

z617CVO.jpg

M9zmTHm.jpg
    Some as you might have noticed are already put up, but I love them all and just need to find good places for the rest!

Finally, the tag attached to the bag said these gifts are from "One known for their common first name and stinky fruits". Hmm. Well, either way, this is a very merry Christmas thanks to this Mysterious Stranger!
    Seriously, thanks a ton, @davidsdurions !

Ilpala on
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    You’re very welcome @Ilpala ! The mysterious package that Amazon refused to gift wrap or apply a note to that arrived earlier this week was in addition to this stuff. Cheers!

! I've been stealth-gifted even before this?! Masaka! I need to check with the front desk on Monday!

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Gifts! Woo!

hhywiRjl.jpg

@msmya sent me these lovely handmade items and a cool coloring journal

Thank you!

So It Goes on
  • msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Yay I'm glad you got them @So It Goes

Gifts be droppin' bombs on your moms (never mind the car alarms) within the week or so. Apparently my Amazon Prime Canadian membership does me no good across the boarder, so patience is key. It's coming in either one parcel or two, with a card to follow, so keep your mail holes open and willing.

Also that whiskey is amazing.

Cristoval wrote: »
    Also that whiskey is amazing.

Yesssss. I’ve a friend who’s a bartender in a 5* hotel and that’s the whiskey he recommends. It’s good to know he’s not talking shit.

Package 3 is on its way with an ETA of the next two weeks.

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Teeling Whiskey?

Nice, I need to get FrauCron to pick some of that up when she's coming back after christmas

sig.gif
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Just got my lovely card from @knitdan !!!

FDLm4QYl.jpg

Thank you, and thanks also for the beautiful mittens (a commission! Knitdan knits wonderful things!!)

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Just got my lovely card from @knitdan !!!

FDLm4QYl.jpg

Thank you, and thanks also for the beautiful mittens (a commission! Knitdan knits wonderful things!!)

Good lord, that "Keep Spokane Kind of Gross" sticker is awesome. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Shots fired!

edited December 2018
    It’s the best anti-gentrification slogan I’ve seen to date :)

(Also that is amazingly fast considering I sent it out on Friday Saturday!

knitdan on
    Package delivered to front door/porch!

Quick, Santee! Grab it before one of your neighbors does!

I love that tiny little owl pic!

And yes, I wholeheartedly recommend the Teeling Whiskey to anyone who imbibes. It's smoothness is a wee bit dangerous however as sips can easily turn to gulps. Send your buddy my thanks as well!

@davidsdurions was indeed not done with me and a package was found in the apartment office after the weekend!

Another cool shirt that incidentally encapsulated a big mood from me after sunday night!
    3WvILxr.jpg

Bonus! There was a certain someone upset with me for taking time after getting home to do this instead of giving her some much-deserved attention.
    KKCeSpi.jpg

Thanks again, @davidsdurions!

Fuck Joe Manchin
    That cat looks like it means business. Don’t know if I would have ignored it.

Glad everything arrived! I really like the white mage shirt and might have to get one for each of my family now too.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Hey, so, it looks like my Santee is going to receive stuff one at a time, and one of the gifts may be very late (It is being custom made).

I apologize that you don't get the shotgun blast of all gifts arriving at once! Also, they won't say who they're from. >.> I will reveal myself once the first one arrives, however!