As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Now Button

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited November 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Now Button

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    CaerbannogCaerbannog Registered User new member
    You know what they say about delayed gratification.
    It's slower.

• Options
    Dodo SandvichDodo Sandvich Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or do the joycons swap colour?

Brilliant sketch anyhow.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Joy cons are indeed swapped between panels

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    LazyDogJumperLazyDogJumper Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    IMHO as a long time player of Le Frame (2012) I've found the best use of platinum is slots. Weapon/Warframe slots are required to hold more than the base amount of Frames(something like classes for the uninitiated) and weapons (i believe 2 Frames and 6 weapons). Considering the amount of Frames available (over 30 now i think) and weapons (like...at least 150+ and mostly unique) it's worth it to have at least a few more slots. You can always sell an old Frame or weapon you no longer use for the slot as well.

There is a experience system tied directly to how much you have used all of the equipment in the game that does not require keeping them, so thats another reason to have a slot open for obtaining-leveling-selling of Frames/weapons.

Using my platinum exclusively in this way I now have all of the frames and most of the weapons in the game mostly because i prefer collecting.

LazyDogJumper on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

I feel like swapping positions between panels is something Mike does often enough that we need a word for this -- i.e. the art equivalent of the tychpo.

• Options
    KaitensatsumaKaitensatsuma Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Your best use of plat is probably slots as said above, though there are frequent coupons to make use of.

That said after some time you'll want to just get rid of some weapons on the basis that they're simply not meant for higher level content. You probably won't be using that Lato pistol on a level 40 Grineer Nox

Well I suppose Kavat DNA too, that's just a bad time sink to get a kitty cat.

And I guess Reactors sometimes. 20P for double the mod capacity isn't a terrible trade off if you're going to be using a particular frame a lot.

Kaitensatsuma on
  • Options
    LazyDogJumperLazyDogJumper Registered User regular
    Might I say that I also find it very amusing that he is basically drawing one of their strip writing podcasts. Like if they still did videos of the strip writing process you would see this comic shot for shot.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    twmjr wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »

I feel like swapping positions between panels is something Mike does often enough that we need a word for this -- i.e. the art equivalent of the tychpo.

Mikepo.

• Options
    SnazzierSnazzier Registered User new member
    Yup, when I want my instant gratification I want it RIGHT NOW!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    "How could you say that, even after my incredible presentation?" is funnier than the entire rest of the strip, and the rest of the strip is reasonably funny.

• Options
    PohtHehdPohtHehd Registered User regular
    The Joy-Con swap is obviously showing that Gabriel is in such a state of gratifying euphoria that he has simply abandoned all sense.

But, even deeper than that is the commentary that Warframe is so easy you could play it upside-down and not notice a difference.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Is it just me, or do the joycons swap colour?

Brilliant sketch anyhow.

This is the last fucking straw.

Off with his head.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    "How could you say that, even after my incredible presentation?" is funnier than the entire rest of the strip, and the rest of the strip is reasonably funny.

It was his second best presentation ever:

23qr9nm76xcz.jpg

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe