As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    t7ahpt7q4t2l.png

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Finished 3.3. I'd imagine Final Steps of Faith was quite hectic when it was new content.

Now I need to start pvping 'cuz a chest piece I want for a glamour comes from wolf seals.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Larlar
    Steps was rough for a long time. People would bail on it when it popped up in trial roulette.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Skeith wrote: »
    Steps was rough for a long time. People would bail on it when it popped up in trial roulette.

Steps: Attack Of The 50 Fulm Dragon

Final Steps: Fight with Niddy Cent

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Skeith wrote: »

Steps: Attack Of The 50 Fulm Dragon

Final Steps: Fight with Niddy Cent

They're right either way.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Is there a list of when mechanic indicators are first introduced?

It seems like the "Group up" 5 arrows marker first shows up in MSQ in the Final Steps of Faith.

Before that it's pretty much a raid exclusive or extreme trial exclusive mechanic that also only required the party to split one attack.

That seemed to be what killed a lot of parties near the end.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    the "group up or die" mechanic showed up in... I want to say the level 53 dungeon? but it didn't have the standard group up indicator yet, it just had a colored marker and you had to figure it out

Roegadyn
    the "group up or die" mechanic showed up in... I want to say the level 53 dungeon? but it didn't have the standard group up indicator yet, it just had a colored marker and you had to figure it out

They really oughta go back and fix that. Every time I run that dungeon someone gets the red marker and runs off to die alone.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Yeah at that point it was still up to the party to do the marking itself, right? Or use a voice chat program if you were lucky.

I know I was doing that crap constantly.

sig.gif
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    It's very nice that, these days, we have all those standardized icons. I know exactly what is going on when I see a ring with arrows pointing inward, or an eye, or a circle with an arrow inside it, or those weird caret ^ symbols pointing outwards in a square.

Made that one move Diabolos Hollow does that combines two icons super easy to interpret.

Roegadyn
    The icon they use for the Mist dragons fog pillar thing ain't great though.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Lalafell
    turtleant wrote: »

Yeah. I think it’s the same one that was used for Tioman, but in this case, the follow up happens so fast that id like the important bits to point out further.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Right now my biggest complaint with Final Steps of Faith in Duty Finder is that the sync tuning doesn't quite go low enough and he almost always dies before we can charge a level 3 limit break. Level 3 limit breaks are cool, and we rarely get to see one in there unless multiple people are new and/or undergeared. And that's when a caster drops one on him, which is flashy and neat to see, but only takes the boss down from 16% to 13% or something like that.

The rest of it still remains my favorite fight in the game that I'm currently queued up for in the middle of the night even though I don't need it and it's not a roulette queue.

Roegadyn
    a fight when it first drops vs a fight when it's old is pretty much always gonna be night and day, I think

it's a bit of a slap in the face when you're new and finally get to the point where the three to seven other people can't just carry you anymore

the first instanced content I ever did day one was tsukuyomi, and it was like getting my balls stomped on for two hours, which I suppose was thematically appropriate

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

pfft that marker is great, I can see exactly where I'm supposed to stand well before the attacks actually come down

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Nullzone wrote: »

pfft that marker is great, I can see exactly where I'm supposed to stand well before the attacks actually come down

That marker DEFINITELY gives me a headache, especially the second time around when there's two of them.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    a fight when it first drops vs a fight when it's old is pretty much always gonna be night and day, I think

it's a bit of a slap in the face when you're new and finally get to the point where the three to seven other people can't just carry you anymore

the first instanced content I ever did day one was tsukuyomi, and it was like getting my balls stomped on for two hours, which I suppose was thematically appropriate

Tsukuyomi is kind of ridiculous for MSQ content though.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Miqo'te
    Tsukuyomi is about as kick you in the junk as Final Steps of Faith was back then.

The worst part is the Lunacy/Fans combo.

All the fun of Titan's Bombs/Shiva's ice circles with Ahk Morn.

Roegadyn

Cool

X22wmuF.jpg
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Miqo'te
    I've run Tsukuyomi EX so many times that the normal mode always throws me since the timings are all different. The EX is harder, but I am a lot more likely to screw up on the normal mode.

Caedwyr on
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    She has a nice flow in EX, the only thing that really trips me up is the meteors after not doing the fight for a while

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Miqo'te
    I should run Tsukuyomi EX some more. I just like that fight.

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I lucked out and got the dog my 4th clear, but I still ended up running it 40 something times to get the orchestrion rolls. Luckily I really enjoyed the fight. I don't like Suzaku EX nearly as much. The fight always feels a lot sloppier and I haven't been able to consistently not get a fail stack during the forced movement while doing the symbols part of the fight when I am the active tank. The timing of my abilities just feels worse in Suzaku EX.

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

Cool

Sorry if that came off goosey and invalidating :( meant as a remark that it's nice when you can plan to deal with the mechanic ahead of time is all.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    it's very rude of them to not give me cool items for glamour on normal, let me be lazy squeenix

liEt3nH.png
    Roegadyn
    Yeeeaaah. Normal mode trials not dropping anything means I see the max level stuff like once, ever. Mostly cause I usually use trial roulette to get some easy xp on a dps job I'm leveling.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Roegadyn
    Thinking about them saying they want to get rid of TP in Shadowbringers.

I would guess all the physical jobs single target weaponskills will just be free? And AOE stuff will have an MP cost maybe. Priced in such a way that they would run out of MP at about the same speed as they do TP now if they're spamming AOE moves.

Feel like that would work ok. BRD and MCH have more free AOE stuff than the melee jobs, and BRD would be able to DOT up a pack for free, but they would still blow through their MP kinda fast spamming Quick Nock or Spread Shot. So they would still be better than the melee jobs at AOE but not as good as casters, which is how it works now.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te

I would guess all the physical jobs single target weaponskills will just be free? And AOE stuff will have an MP cost maybe. Priced in such a way that they would run out of MP at about the same speed as they do TP now if they're spamming AOE moves.

Feel like that would work ok. BRD and MCH have more free AOE stuff than the melee jobs, and BRD would be able to DOT up a pack for free, but they would still blow through their MP kinda fast spamming Quick Nock or Spread Shot. So they would still be better than the melee jobs at AOE but not as good as casters, which is how it works now.

Or they'll just make skills cost MP in a comparable ratio to how they cost TP now and it's just going to be a single resource bar. We'll see.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Roegadyn
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Or they'll just make skills cost MP in a comparable ratio to how they cost TP now and it's just going to be a single resource bar. We'll see.

They'd have to really rework DRK if they did that, PLD to a lesser extent.

Also I suppose either way Foe's Requiem is going to get completely overhauled.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Lalafell
    I imagine things that cost so little TP that they may as well be free will just be free. Foe Requiem will need to change.

Au Ra
    i hope they consolidate the buttons on a lot of melee classes. a lot of combo skills are stuff you would literally never cast without the preceding button and there's no reason to press that button twice in a row so just make that button change into the next button or something

liEt3nH.png
    Roegadyn
    i hope they consolidate the buttons on a lot of melee classes. a lot of combo skills are stuff you would literally never cast without the preceding button and there's no reason to press that button twice in a row so just make that button change into the next button or something

They already do that in PvP even! It would single handily fix a whole lot of my problems with the melee dps jobs.

DRG would go from having to use 8 hotkeys for their combos to 2!

X22wmuF.jpg
    Au Ra
    i tried samurai for the first time the other day and just laughed

liEt3nH.png
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Au Ra
    I think they already said somewhere that they won't do that outside of pvp

Miqo'te
    Samurai is basically 2.0 dragoon for the way the combos flow and it is very, very relaxing.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    simulacrum wrote: »
    I think they already said somewhere that they won't do that outside of pvp

I would really like them to explain their reasoning behind it, because it seems nonsensical to not do it for pve, too.

IKknkhU.gif
    Roegadyn
    Also make Impact overwrite the Jolt 2 button when you got impactful up wth?

X22wmuF.jpg
    Roegadyn
    i tried samurai for the first time the other day and just laughed

I really like samurai! I don't know why the simplest dps jobs are the ones you can't get until 50, though

Lalafell
    Also make Impact overwrite the Jolt 2 button when you got impactful up wth?

Make Summon Bahamut turn into Enkindle Bahamut. Make Dreadwyrm Trance turn into Deathflare.

This discussion has been closed.