As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    If you want to hear about pulling on banners and not getting the one thing you want, man can I tell you about when I pulled on the Garnet event and got enough of everything to max out all weapons EXCEPT for Garnet's 35cp. I got 0 of those.

Xerink on
    PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    I was rolling through old content, and without thinking about what I was doing, I took a physical team into Seymour's LC hard mode. The boss there starts the fight by giving itself resistance to physical damage. Fortunately for me, friend Cloud had his dispel passive equipped, and removed the shield from both targets with his Meteorain on his first turn.

I might have to chase that red sword if it ever comes back. Man, I remember when it came out how it seemed useless because you couldn't guarantee crits, you had a very small number of ability uses, and you wouldn't have CP for it anyway. Nowadays, Cloud gives himself a crit chance buff, EX usually breaks things and is AOE and is up every two or three turns, and I've got CP to burn.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Oh sure. Cant for the life of me get stuff for vaan or shantotto, but I accidentally pull on the cloud banner like 5 times with tickets and boom, there’s his ex. Maaan, i dont have any of his other passives, but I GUESS, I’m pulling on that banner now. How important are his other weapon passives?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    His 35 is a big deal, his other stuff is less necessary. You won't get it off the same banner as his EX though, make sure you switch to the other one if it's up still.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    the edgar/totto/cloud 35 weekly is up for another day

if you got cloud EX I STRONGLY advise getting his 15 + 35

I would say Cloud 15 is more of a "nice to have", but yeah, Cloud 35 feels pretty important. The third use of Finishing Touch and the big suite of buffs are very nice, though if you typically have someone buffing your party, maybe you can get away without it.

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Man, Terra artifacts really must hate me. In all that time farming for them when she was first awakened (awoke?) I never saw a single Trance** artifact. Today, I figured my Bartz artifacts were a bit lacking, specifically since I had 60/60'ed him last week, so I used some of my tokens from the event to buy like 21 of them (enough for 7 leveled ones). And I got 2 (?!) ones with Simple Mastery** on them. I don't know how they compare to +atk or +max brv, but I'll take it. :)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Noctis is live! I wasn't going to spend much on this banner initially, and it was still probably wiser of me not to and save for Terra EX/Alisaie but that generous gift the other day and some cleanup of zack left me with 100 tickets so I spent 30 of those along with 15k gems, which was about half my stash.

first 20 tickets: irvine 35, rem 15, noctis 15
    1st 11 pull, 1/11: irvine 35
    2nd 11 pull, 4!/11: rem 15 x2, noctis 15, noctis 35
    10 more tickets: rem 15x2
    3rd 11 pull, 3/11: irvine 35 x2, noctis 35

so no EX, but noctis is pretty buffed up, and I somehow managed to MLB Irvine 35 without ever seeing his 15. Rem 15 was MLB'd before I pulled anything so..got to replenish my power stone supply a bit there.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    edited November 2018
    This is with no synergy, 3* apiece of Simple Mastery and Moonwhatever Butterfly, and Bartz's WoI 15. WoL and Bartz aren't even MLBd.

8lj6ixempprf.jpg

How's that MBRV treating you dawg

Rius on
    Ok so my plan for Noct was always to throw a few tickets and if I got lucky with his EX then go in for his other stuff

Well, I got his EX on my last ticket

So I dropped 5k gems and got his 15 + 35

Welp!

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Ok so my plan for Noct was always to throw a few tickets and if I got lucky with his EX then go in for his other stuff

Well, I got his EX on my last ticket

So I dropped 5k gems and got his 15 + 35

Welp!

Awesome, grats!

I threw 15 tickets at it for fun:

2 x Irvine 15cp (MLB'd now)

1 x Irvine 35cp

1 x Rem 15 (power stone)

I'll take that for sure. I may throw a few more tickets at it later.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
    I did some tickets and a 5k but only got a scattering of 15s, so I'm moving on methinks.

edited November 2018
    My plan I decided upon going into Noctis was that I would do one multi pull plus 29 tickets (gift from SE + tickets clearing 5 stages of Noctis event). If I got the EX I would continue pulling to MLB Noctis, otherwise call it quits.

1x Irvine 35cp
    1x Irvine 15cp
    1x Noctis 15cp
    3x Rem 15cp
    1x Rem 35cp

Did well overall, but nothing to entice me to change my mind about the banner. I've heard this banner referred to as a whale trap, and I can't help but agree; you need all of Noctis's weapons for him to be amazing and without either his 35cp or EX from my pulls I don't want to spend more for the possibility of getting his stuff.

One thing to mention about the boss for this event: it resists magic. Sorry, Terra, Vaan and Shantotto. You're not going to do well with this fight.

And in other news, I'm out of black crystals after bringing Noctis to crystal strength 51 from 1. There are 100 black and green high shards in the Noctis co-op shop along with 10 armor tokens. It's going to take a bit to clean it out this time. Well, I guess once the Winter event starts tomorrow I'll possibly get lucky and get some double drop consumables to use for the grind.

Edit: Looks like Noctis Ex requires Noctis in the party as a requirement for completion. I'll try to tackle the rest of the EX completion without him and see how likely I can carry a weak Noctis through.

Xerink on
    man of course it resists magic. That's just my luck. I cant even remember the last time I finished an EX from an event.

M A G I K A Z A M
    Just as a heads up, the character event after this one (Alisaie) resists physical attacks and has a mechanic where it changes its elemental resistances and weaknesses periodically. This is probably to highlight Alisaie's elemental versatility (I'll go more into her kit when we get closer), but the trend seems to be that bosses are being built to force different rosters from event to event and stop players from steamrolling everything with just one team.

I haven't tried the Noctis EX yet, but I think I will try a team of Cloud, Thancred and Rem. With synergy, Rem is pretty strong (mine is only crystal strength 55 since I brought Terra to 60), and I'm hoping that Cloud and Thancred will bring enough power to deal with the fights. My only concern is running out of poison debuffs having to fight two giants before the final wave.

It is very possible to lose this co-op, btw. That phantom armor can potentially take a lot of turns and whack someone for 10k HP if it feels like it.

I thought the seasonal event was droppin' tonight? Did I get my days mixed up again?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    My WoL is making this Co Op completely trivial. I don't even taunt (well, I can't). Just throw shields on everyone and go to town. What a boss! I love this character.

Apparently they took down the winter banner temporarily because a second single pull actually had you do an 11 pull. :bigfrown:

After playing alongside a few Jechts, I've really come to love the character animations (always been a fan) and decided I would throw a few more tickets at his banner in an attempt to avoid spending gems...

8 tickets

Faris 15cp

Jecht 35cp

I'm so happy about that. I just wish I had more powerstones.

Artifact grinding sucks

I've gotten so many low CP cost ATK +108s for Bartz and Lilisette. Why now? Why on Lilisette? sljklkfjkl

It's the absolute worst thing in the game.

Fuck Joe Manchin
    Luckily 5* eidojas have a much higher 'good passives' chance and you can get done with a character in a single session

I am a glutton for punishment: I have thrown away multiple Simple Mastery** + 36 Init BRV passives because they are not better than the full set of Simple Mastery** + 55 Init BRV passives I already have :X

I'm probably calling it quits for Lilisette farming for now; she's got 1/1/2* of Moonwhatever and some decent paired bonuses. And Bartz too maybe, though I'd like for him to have better than 1/1*. It's just so tedious grinding these.

So the Winter event fights are not particularly hard. You won't be able to waltz into them with three dead weight characters, but try out carrying maybe 1 or 2 characters that still need levels through them and see how it goes. If a boss show up, it gives a ton of experience.

As for the Noctis co-op: the biggest formula for failure is letting yourself get broken. I have seen the boss go from a broken state, break a party member and then immediately follow up with a BRV+HP attack that destroys non-synergy characters from full health. It seems to have Lightning's mechanic where is gets high turn rate upon inflicting a break which, coupled with the boss's high speed, allows it to pull off this combo.

Since I have gotten enough of Rem's weapons between this banner and the Shantotto EX to max out her 15cp and get 1lb for her 35cp, I have been running Rem for this fight a lot. Having the turn manipulation has been a godsend since I can battery someone when they are being targeted and give them a chance to fill their brave further. Some will not take that chance and instead dump their brave to get broken like a dummy, but most people seem to have picked up to play it safe. Unless you get paired with two people with Noctis EX, then all bets are off.

Also, don't bring a mage to the fight if you can help it. I ran the co-op once with a Shantotto EX ally, and it was rough. Even with the elemental vulnerability from her EX ability the Shantotto was just not doing much damage and couldn't guarantee getting hit for her empowered abilities since the boss if immune to provoke.

edited November 2018
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Luckily 5* eidojas have a much higher 'good passives' chance and you can get done with a character in a single session

Wait is this referring to artifacts that start at 5* and can be combined/leveled to 6? how would one get those?

Cuz if it isn't and you're referring to the 4* that max at 5, that feels like bullshit. I've NEVER had great luck with them.

Ilpala on
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    edited November 2018
    You've got it basically right. At some point JP introduced a new tier of artifacts that gave really powerful passives, like extra skill charges or things like that. The JP user base hated them, because now there's a new level of chase with really palpable rewards for grinding it. The new tier was changed from that point on to continue to give the "old" passives, but with much higher rates for getting oranges/low CP costs.

Rius on
    Damn, can't wait for those then.

Fuck Joe Manchin
    got enough gems for ONE LAST pull on shantotto's EX banner...

and got like the second most trolling result the game could have given me, which was 2 of Rem's 15CPs. The most trolling would have been one.

M A G I K A Z A M
    Someone please tell me not to spend any of my powerstones on Jecht...

I am loving playing him. He is just so much damn fun. I love his 15 and 35 bonuses, but I don't have either MLB'd...

I should save...I should save...

Well, how many power stones do you have?

In this EX era, it's usually a good idea to have about 12-20 power stones at least so you can max out an EX weapon if you get it. If you have more power stones than that, you can probably use them as you see fit.

If you're having fun with Jecht, it might be worth using power stones to max out his 15cp so you can equip the passive. Also, keep in mind he is going to fall fast since he is stuck at level 50 for the next several months. You seem to know that, but maybe you just wanted someone else to say it too? =P

Xerink wrote: »
    Well, how many power stones do you have?

In this EX era, it's usually a good idea to have about 12-20 power stones at least so you can max out an EX weapon if you get it. If you have more power stones than that, you can probably use them as you see fit.

If you're having fun with Jecht, it might be worth using power stones to max out his 15cp so you can equip the passive. Also, keep in mind he is going to fall fast since he is stuck at level 50 for the next several months. You seem to know that, but maybe you just wanted someone else to say it too? =P

You were too late!!!!

hahaha, nah I just really like him. I spent the powerstones on his 15cp and just ran around doing event missions. After selling the 15 I still have 28 stones so it's not too bad :)

Hot damn, I finally got around to completing the back half of Chapter 11 Hard. WoL/Terra/Lilisette handled most everything except the last boss, often with Sylph summon for the heals.

But that last boss, phew. Did it on my first try with Terra/Lilisette/Lenna, but it was a close thing. Lenna feels indispensable. Who else has cleared this yet, and who did you use?

i just cleared it today as well with Cloud/Noctis/Lenna

forgot to use my summon on stage 2 (it resets along with friend and ability uses on stage 3)

the intbrv debuff + heals + debuff immunity makes lenna way too important not to have

Summon is locked out on the second wave, unless they made it easier for the hard version

Why is the XV boss music a "holy shit balls" chorus?

Noctis EX cleared (not complete due to not using Noctis). Team I used: Cloud (60/60 with EX, 35cp and 15cp), Thancred (60/60 with 1lb 35cp and 15cp), and Rem (55/60 with 1lb 35cp and 15cp). It was a rocky start; the first wave was brutal due to two two ahriman that resisted all of my attacks and I had to take some HP attacks to get through it. After that it wasn't too bad. Used abilities throughout the waves, but tried to conserve where I could.

Got to the final boss with plenty of abilities left and full HP (Rem was able to heal everyone up during the earlier waves). Opened with Thancred applying poison and swapped Rem out for Cloud friend and summoned. Both Clouds alternated Meteorain with Finishing Touch while Thancred filled his brave to dump during launches. Left summon phase with boss at about 60% HP. After that I just played it safe I tried to avoid letting the boss break me when possible.

Finished with about a score of 62k in 89 turns. So the only things I'm missing are the 100 gems for using Noctis and the tickets for complete. I don't think I'm going to bother getting the other rewards, it's not worth the headache of trying to carry a 15cp Noctis without Extend passives.

I popped some pretty darn good artifacts for Noctis over the course of finishing his multiplayer, so decided to throw a bunch of tickets at his banner. Roughly 150 tickets later, I have his EX and a few copies of everything else. Kinda low on power stones though, might be a little while before I can max out the EX weapon.

So, uh, I kinda found myself in possession of Shantotto's EX. I got an ichy trigger finger (what is up with the winter festival banner, have they said an eta when it'll be fixed?) and since I'm not all that excited about Noctis (or the others on that banner), I thought I'd do another 11 pull (35k gems burning a whole in my wallet) and since the only weapons I'm missing on the Cloud banner are Cloud's EX and Cecil's 35 (though I don't have Tidus's 35 maxed) I figured I'd pull on the Shantotto one, and ended up with Shantotto's EX. So, I guess I'm building up Shantotto. I have her 15 maxed, but I don't have her 35. Gotta mine for crystals to get her to 60. Also, its super frustrating to figure out what Divine Malison actually does. All it says in the description is "Target: 2 turns Divine Malison" which is like the dictionary defining "boring: something that makes one feel bored". Not helpful!