As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    T-Danger wrote: »
    Been watching some playthroughs of the Trauma Center games.. Atlus really need to consider bringing them to Switch. The Wii versions were really well done, and they would work well with the Joycons and the Switch's touchscreen.

I just want more Trauma Center in general. I need more surgery simulators with increasingly ridiculous plots in my life.

Increasingly ridiculous plots and craaaaanberries!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0gUbeKCUwk

Cranberiduceus?

https://youtu.be/N9QUnUG3-Ok

Jacoby on
    GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    is 128 GB enough? seems like the next step up would be 200 at double the price so 128 seems like the sweet spot

on the other hand, don't really want to butt up against space issues

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    So if the micro sd is large enough there will be a fee to use it with the switch?

no. the issue at question was nintendo not paying for the license to read exFAT cards, so the Switch will format them to FAT32. there is no real problem.

Oh, alright. I was concerned for a second.

I found a 200gb micro sd on amazon for $40 so I was gonna get that for my brother for Christmas.

That seems suspiciously low, be careful of counterfeits (amazon is rife with them). For reference I bought a 128gb on sale BF for around that price..

It is a sandisk that says shipped and sold my amazon.

SanDisk 200GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - 100MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card - SDSQUAR-200G-GN6MA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073JY5T7T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.vDaCbTMMQRC7

There are a lot of 1 star reviews though.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    is 128 GB enough? seems like the next step up would be 200 at double the price so 128 seems like the sweet spot

on the other hand, don't really want to butt up against space issues

Just picked up a 400 when it hit $80, and now have a 256, 128, and 64 lying around. If you're going all digital, save yourself some money and go big. (at least 200.)

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I had no idea this was today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oH71e9UprU

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    So if the micro sd is large enough there will be a fee to use it with the switch?

no. the issue at question was nintendo not paying for the license to read exFAT cards, so the Switch will format them to FAT32. there is no real problem.

I found a 200gb micro sd on amazon for $40 so I was gonna get that for my brother for Christmas.

That seems suspiciously low, be careful of counterfeits (amazon is rife with them). For reference I bought a 128gb on sale BF for around that price..

SanDisk 200GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - 100MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card - SDSQUAR-200G-GN6MA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073JY5T7T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.vDaCbTMMQRC7

SanDisk has all their cards on sale for Black Friday so yeah the price is legit.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    I just used my third hand to hold all three prongs.

Note to self: Wash hands before and after using Maz's controller.

Note: Maz is a Motie.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Question: how does Just Dance play on the Switch? Do you have to use both joycons in your hand?

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Question: how does Just Dance play on the Switch? Do you have to use both joycons in your hand?

There’s a demo that you can download. Just one song but you get the idea at least. Just one joycon per dancer.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular

There’s a demo that you can download. Just one song but you get the idea at least. Just one joycon per dancer.

Ohh, thanks. I was wondering if my 5yo daughter could enjoy it.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

Ohh, thanks. I was wondering if my 5yo daughter could enjoy it.

My daughter will be 5 in January. Loves the Just Dance games. Was playing them on PS4 before. It’s mostly just the music and dancing rather the game aspect she likes. Though filling bars to get more stars and stickers seems to be a universal thing for all ages.

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular

@Stragint That one looks legit so you should be good! They have a bunch of sales going on, but amazon is really infested with fake SD card sellers so you have to be careful.

96058.png?1619393207
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Somewhat related, but it's crazy to me that they just came out with just dance 2019 on the Wii.

Steam: offday
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Somewhat related, but it's crazy to me that they just came out with just dance 2019 on the Wii.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/10/a_decade_later_mario_kart_wii_has_now_sold_37_14_million_copies_worldwide
    While revenue for the company is predominantly coming from its new hybrid device released early last year, there's a certain Nintendo-developed Wii game from 2008 that's still earning a pretty penny on the side. Over the period of the last quarter, Mario Kart Wii has shifted another 40,000 copies. This puts its total sales at 37.14 million.

It’s wild are people losing discs or something?

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Where are they even buying new copies of mario kart wii?

Steam: offday
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I just saw a video trailer for a Nis switch game called Liar princess and the Blind prince it looks pretty cool has anyone else hard anything about it?

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    I just saw a video trailer for a Nis switch game called Liar princess and the Blind prince it looks pretty cool has anyone else hard anything about it?

Just the trailer in one of these threads. I also agree it looks cool

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    kime wrote: »

Just the trailer in one of these threads. I also agree it looks cool

I really like their games with that aesthetic. Yomawari, a Rose in Twilight, and Firefly Diary are really good.

I plan on getting Liar Princess and the Blind Prince.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Need help with understanding game sharing.

So, my wife now has a Switch. It is her primary, but we also have my account on there (my primary is my own Switch). She is downloading games I have purchased on mine.

For example:

She tried to jump on to Minecraft, but it says, "This user cannot play this software. If you have not purchased the software, you can do so from the Nintendo eShop." Does this mean that she CAN'T play games I've purchased on her own Switch (and only I am able to)? If so, that is super disappointing and not how I understood family game sharing to work. We have a Nintendo Online family plan (if that makes a difference).

Thanks for any clarification on this.

edit: From what I have researched, she would HAVE to play as me basically. Right?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

Here's a subtitled trailer that goes over the basic story beats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQNtukyOc7E

The boy is a prince who lost his sight in a monster attack, and at some point he meets up with a princess who escapes with him to a forest in which a witch supposedly lives who can restore his sight. The princess' secret however is that she's some kind of werewolf or wolf demon and she hasn't told him, and as much as she wants to help the prince she's also terrified of how he'll react if he gets his sight back and sees what she really is.

It's going to be a puzzle platformer like htoL#NiQ, Rose in the Twilight, and so on.

Donnicton on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »

So, my wife now has a Switch. It is her primary, but we also have my account on there (my primary is my own Switch). She is downloading games I have purchased on mine.

For example:

She tried to jump on to Minecraft, but it says, "This user cannot play this software. If you have not purchased the software, you can do so from the Nintendo eShop." Does this mean that she CAN'T play games I've purchased on her own Switch (and only I am able to)? If so, that is super disappointing and not how I understood family game sharing to work. We have a Nintendo Online family plan (if that makes a difference).

edit: From what I have researched, she would HAVE to play as me basically. Right?

From what I have read, whichever account is primary on a Switch, all users on that Switch can play all games purchased by the primary. If a user is secondary on that Switch, only that secondary user account can play that game.

So the weird roundabout solution that some people have done is have themselves primary on alternate Switches, that is, your wife is primary on your Switch and you are primary on her Switch. With this method, on your own Switch you can play all your games logged in as you, and also all her games because it's her primary system. And vice versa for her.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular

For example:

From what I have read, whichever account is primary on a Switch, all users on that Switch can play all games purchased by the primary. If a user is secondary on that Switch, only that secondary user account can play that game.

So the weird roundabout solution that some people have done is have themselves primary on alternate Switches, that is, your wife is primary on your Switch and you are primary on her Switch. With this method, on your own Switch you can play all your games logged in as you, and also all her games because it's her primary system. And vice versa for her.

So you want to... switch Switches? ;)

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

For example:

That’s what my brother and I do on Xbox One. My account is “Home” on his Xbox, so he can play all my games and can play all his games if he’s logged in as himself.

His account is “Home” on my Xbox, so I can play all his games and all my games while logged in as me.

Only problem is something like my wife logging into her account trying to play a game that my brother doesn’t own but I do.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular

For example:

I think I get this. So basically, I make her primary console my own primary as well so she could play games when I’m not. She can keep it as her primary. But if I want to play stuff on mine, I just have to be online (and she can’t be playing the game?).

This is so dumb. Haha. Why can’t try just let us share if we at least have an online sub for the family account?!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    In case anyone's really jonesing for Starlink and/or an Arwing. (Also: man, this game must not be doing well)

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Toys for life are dead

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Toys for life are dead

I'd want to see a game with actual characters before drawing that conclusion.

Also the Nintendo version is by and far the best selling. Says a lot when that is on sale.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    The only thing I know about Starlink is that the Switch version has StarFox characters in it.

So either it wasn't marketed very well, or I am so far outside of the target audience, it didn't get marketed where I could easily see it.

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    The only thing I know about Starlink is that the Switch version has StarFox characters in it.

So either it wasn't marketed very well, or I am so far outside of the target audience, it didn't get marketed where I could easily see it.

I think the toy aspect turned a lot of people off that would have otherwise been interested in an arcade space shooter. I know you could just grab the digital version and ignore the toy part, but it's a mixed message.

I found the build-a-ship aspect neato, but more in the sense that it exists for others. At 35, I'm not going to sit there and collect/build little toys on my Switch.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    That's almost half price wow.

I kind of want to try it but i literally have a crate of skylanders in the corner telling me that's a bad idea

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Literally? If your toys are talking to you, you've got bigger problems!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    It's only a problem when you start losing arguments to them.

• gijohn13gijohn13 Registered User regular
    So I got the Megaman Legacy 1+2 collection today from my sister for the Switch. 1 is on the Cartridge but 2 you have to get by the download code that comes with it.

I've entered the code a few times now and it won't recognise it, So I'm just wondering would it have to do with the fact that my Switch is European and that the game looks like it originated from the US?

Brawl code 1118-1722-8514
    3ds code: 1779 0686 9264
    I bought one of the wireless gamecube controllers yesterday. I'm realizing I'll only have smash bros to play with it since I only own Mario Cart and Splatoon 2 at the moment.

I like the controller though, just wish it was a charge controller instead of replacing double a batteries.

Could set up a second switch profile and account and set the region to US and try entering the code in the US shop and see if that works.

I think that's how you do it.

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I had pre-downloaded Smash onto my microSD, but decided to reorganise some things, deleted it, and re-downloaded to the internal storage.

And now it seems that there's a phantom ~13gb taken up on the SD card. It's not the end of the world, but is there an easy way to do something about that?

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    gijohn13 wrote: »
    So I got the Megaman Legacy 1+2 collection today from my sister for the Switch. 1 is on the Cartridge but 2 you have to get by the download code that comes with it.

I've entered the code a few times now and it won't recognise it, So I'm just wondering would it have to do with the fact that my Switch is European and that the game looks like it originated from the US?

Yes, that's likely the issue.

• gijohn13gijohn13 Registered User regular
    Could set up a second switch profile and account and set the region to US and try entering the code in the US shop and see if that works.

I think that's how you do it.

Well that doesn't seem to be doing it. So just trying to reach Nintendo support, will see if that will do any good.

Brawl code 1118-1722-8514
    3ds code: 1779 0686 9264
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    I just used my third hand to hold all three prongs.
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    In case anyone's really jonesing for Starlink and/or an Arwing. (Also: man, this game must not be doing well)

Well the DLC is the expensive part
    The recent black Friday deal for it in the eshop was worth it though
    My brother wants the toy part so I will wait till this summer and look for it

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Just how playable is this game with the physical starter pack alone? I'm not interested in buying any other toys, but having a little (plastic) Arwing statue would be pretty cool. It sounds like the digital version is more "complete" though.