As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Bullhead wrote: »
    So, finally got my switch last night, and after a two hour download (jesus nintendo!) I finally got to play some. I like the UI, though my old ass can't see/read half of it on my TV (and I'm not that far away!). The inventory system is wonky but makes sense for the platform.

Sorta fun starting over brand new though!

Yeah that is my only complaint about D3 on the consoles... If you have your TV too far away it is really hard to read any of the text. But of course, not sure if it is just my age or what on this one. =P

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    So, finally got my switch last night, and after a two hour download (jesus nintendo!) I finally got to play some. I like the UI, though my old ass can't see/read half of it on my TV (and I'm not that far away!). The inventory system is wonky but makes sense for the platform.

Yeah that is my only complaint about D3 on the consoles... If you have your TV too far away it is really hard to read any of the text. But of course, not sure if it is just my age or what on this one. =P

Back in the day I played Too Human on an SDTV and it was like trying to read text in 4 point font through frosted glass with glaucoma. Game devs should probably pay a bit more attention to this kind of thing.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • BullheadBullhead Registered User regular

Back in the day I played Too Human on an SDTV and it was like trying to read text in 4 point font through frosted glass with glaucoma. Game devs should probably pay a bit more attention to this kind of thing.

Yeah I have to squint and really focus to determine what the stats are on the gear that drops... But it was fun playing with the joycons (docked into the pseudo controller thing)!

96058.png?1619393207
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The actual full controller is ... ludicrously expensive, but it is pretty nice! I played Zelda on it and have no regrets.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
    The actual full controller is ... ludicrously expensive, but it is pretty nice! I played Zelda on it and have no regrets.

It's on the christmas wishlist :D

96058.png?1619393207
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I bought Necro finally, so I’m going to start Necro for S16

Edit: anything I should know about Trag’Oul?

Feldorn on
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    I bought Necro finally, so I’m going to start Necro for S16

Edit: anything I should know about Trag’Oul?

Yes. Use Trag'Oul to farm a Rathma, Pestilence or Inarius set, then don't look back.

For real though, Trag's isn't bad, it's just outclassed by those 3 imo. Rathma for group speed runs, and Pestilence for soloing. There are a few Trag specific builds that work well, I think one of them is bloodnova build and a blood variant of the pestilence corpse lance works as well. Inarius works as a solo build and is one of the better bounty builds as well, though depending on how you build it, it's either amazing or not great for killing bosses.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I'm working on the Avarice conquest for this season, using the 50-bounty-caches approach, which means doing bounties over and over. I thought I'd try this speed build, and man, I gotta say: it's kind of comical. When all the speed boosts go off, you just zoom across the map. I actually found it better for grifts (ones that are low-level enough that you don't need to worry too much about getting hit or having to spend a lot of time on a single elite pack) than regular rifts, because in regular rifts there's a lot of start-and-stopping to pick up Death's Breaths and gems (I can ignore blues and yellows, but I am NEVER going to ignore Death's Breaths). In bounties, it's great to cover long, uneventful stretches where you're just running to the quest destination.

I also finally got a pretty good Stone of Jordan (max +Discipline, +17% fire damage, decent Dex), so that's nice. This is only the second one I've seen this season, and I've been buying rings from Kadala/upgrading them in the cube for a while now. The first one had the wrong element type and no socket, so it was not as good.

• SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Did the switch friend code list get lost with the new thread? I'll throw my hat in the ring, SW-3333-7299-5216.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
    Septus wrote: »
    Did the switch friend code list get lost with the new thread? I'll throw my hat in the ring, SW-3333-7299-5216.

oooh me too! SW-8584-3896-5292

96058.png?1619393207
  • mjn6172mjn6172 King of the Lurkers, also secretly a Freemason (shhhhh.) Registered User regular
    I decided to come back and play around with a seasonal character again, and can I just say that the Demon Hunter set for this season is OBSCENE! I was really struggling to complete the season journey, and worked my ass off to get those final Torment 4 achievements. As soon as I got the full set, I was able to bump it up to T8 and smash things without breaking a sweat! After upgrading some of my non-set pieces (and looking at some guides for advice), I'm now running T11-T12 without too many problems (the occasional 1-shot, but that's normal.)

I've never really played around that much in the end-game, although I got through the story on most of my characters. Before this season, I had a total of 75 Paragon Points, my seasonal Demon Hunter now has ~280 on her own. It's ridiculous what a difference that set makes!

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
    Welcome to the DH club. It is awesome till you watch a Wizard do the same thing and stay alive....

oosik_betsuni.png
    So much altitis! I need to refocus myself on getting Rathmas for my seasonal necromancer, but I'm at Torment 2 and it's getting to be a bit of a slog to try to reach Torment 4. Also, I'm starting to not love a lot of the necromancer's skills, the non corpse nuking skills seem so lackluster.

• mjn6172mjn6172 King of the Lurkers, also secretly a Freemason (shhhhh.) Registered User regular
    Welcome to the DH club. It is awesome till you watch a Wizard do the same thing and stay alive....

Maybe I'll try that next season!

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    The current season just got extended out to January 6th.

And the next season will start January 11th.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Good news for anyone who was trying to finish the journey and worried they didn't have enough time.

Good news for me getting extra time to fix my pc :D

Are demon hunters known to be weak in the early game? I swear, between a fresh start of a necromancer, monk, and demon hunter, the latter kills so much more slowly so far. Corpse explosion in particular is hard to beat.

Yeah it is a bit slower to get going compared to the other two you listed. Most of the time I get the unlimited rapid fire and stay with that build till I start gearing out for MS. Then it smokes the other two for speed once you get UE going.

oosik_betsuni.png
    A bunch of DH skills are underwhelming without the support of legendaries. They're either too expensive or hit too few targets.

I like to use Chakram - Twin Chakram and Elemental Arrow - Frost Arrow. The damage is decent and more importantly the hatred cost is low. Skip or kite small groups, then cast those skills into a clump of enemies.

Snipe elite packs with Fan of Knives - Pinpoint Accuracy.

edited December 2018
    Noggin wrote: »
    A bunch of DH skills are underwhelming without the support of legendaries. They're either too expensive or hit too few targets.

I like to use Chakram - Twin Chakram and Elemental Arrow - Frost Arrow. The damage is decent and more importantly the hatred cost is low. Skip or kite small groups, then cast those skills into a clump of enemies.

Snipe elite packs with Fan of Knives - Pinpoint Accuracy.

Also have a pet out as they can distract mobs for you and help you keep range.

Also this was useful for me when leveling during the season (even if it's not 100% accurate)
    https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-leveling-and-fresh-70-guide-patch-2-6-1-season-15

@Septus

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
    Oh, and if you're taking a while on rift/bounty bosses, sentry's damage will really add up.

• BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    The current season just got extended out to January 6th.

And the next season will start January 11th.

Oh that's great! I didn't have time to get started until super late, so hopefully will have enough time now.

Officially Official List of Nintendo Switch Diablo 3 Players

UncleSporky - 5443-2358-9118
    skeldare - 3353-5433-5137
    Wraithverge - 0125-6851-0236
    TimFiji - 2322-2047-3148
    Stormwatcher - 5961-4777-3491
    TNTrooper - 6905-2510-1809
    DoctorArch - 6732-9515-9697
    Lindsay Lohan - 4979-2868-8944
    themightypuck - 1501-9129-2620
    urahonky - 0354-0000-5457
    Kyanilis - 2835-3370-3810
    eMoander - 3304-2356-9421
    Kreutz - 1865-7515-8884
    Entaru

Rehab
    mojojoeo
    DarkMecha

Septus-3333-7299-5216
    Bullhead-8584-3896-5292

Re-quoting UncleSporky from the last thread with this list. Any chance we can add to the intro page?

96058.png?1619393207
    edited December 2018
    I wish the Diablo classic event thing happened in December instead of January. I always seem to have more free time in December. :/

forty on
  • swaylowswaylow Registered User regular
    Dumb question, please help:

Diablo wiki says you can get any piece in the set when doing "Convert set item" at Kanai's Cube. Is this still true?

I am playing S15 right now and I after I found boots and braces for Rathma's, I found a second set of boots. It must have converted back and forth between bracers and boots 5 times before I gave up and decided I was wasting mats. I then found legs, and tried to re-convert again after doing research...still back and forth between bracers and boots and legs like 6 or 7 times.

So...did I read the wiki wrong or am I just getting super unlucky?

Thank you.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    swaylow wrote: »

Diablo wiki says you can get any piece in the set when doing "Convert set item" at Kanai's Cube. Is this still true?

I am playing S15 right now and I after I found boots and braces for Rathma's, I found a second set of boots. It must have converted back and forth between bracers and boots 5 times before I gave up and decided I was wasting mats. I then found legs, and tried to re-convert again after doing research...still back and forth between bracers and boots and legs like 6 or 7 times.

Thank you.

You are super unlucky. The only thing convert set item wont do is spawn it as Legendary.

Start date changed again, Season 16 now starts January 18th.

Some changes from ptr:
    • Legacy of Nightmares was buffed from 100% to 500% ... now 750%
    • Tal Rasha (6) was buffed from 750% to 3000% ... now 2000%
    • Inna (6) was buffed from 150% to 1500% each... now 750% each
    • Raekor (6) was buffed from 2800% to 7000%... now 5500%

Lorek wrote: »
    swaylow wrote: »

Thank you.

You are super unlucky. The only thing convert set item wont do is spawn it as Legendary.
    (Ancient)

edited December 2018
    Start date changed again, Season 16 now starts January 18th.

Some changes from ptr:
    • Legacy of Nightmares was buffed from 100% to 500% ... now 750%
    • Tal Rasha (6) was buffed from 750% to 3000% ... now 2000%
    • Inna (6) was buffed from 150% to 1500% each... now 750% each
    • Raekor (6) was buffed from 2800% to 7000%... now 5500%

Most of those seem to make sense. Raekors was already pretty high, but that 7k was insane.

Surprised those are the only tune downs so far.

Stop trying to make LoN a thing again bliz.. ffs.

Rhykkers predicted class list for S16.
    6w8s3oJ.png

This is solo progression, but it's interesting in a good way for me to see Jade that far up. Will be nice to get back to WD and play something that doesn't involve stupid garg AI. Buuuut, I'll probably still start DH, because multishot will be too god damn insane next season.

Klatu on
  • RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    So, I'm trying to finish out the season on the Switch, and I've made about 6 or 7 attempts at Boss Mode (solo). I've done this in the past, though it's always been with an impale DH. I'm rolling with a whirlwind barb that, as far as I know, is theoretically capable of it, but I keep coming up short.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had success with it in a similar circumstance? Or if anyone knows of a way to quit out of some of the stalling animations - I know on PC you can hit spacebar to skip through a bunch of Belial's nonsense.

When does the Tristram event start?

Russad wrote: »
    So, I'm trying to finish out the season on the Switch, and I've made about 6 or 7 attempts at Boss Mode (solo). I've done this in the past, though it's always been with an impale DH. I'm rolling with a whirlwind barb that, as far as I know, is theoretically capable of it, but I keep coming up short.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had success with it in a similar circumstance? Or if anyone knows of a way to quit out of some of the stalling animations - I know on PC you can hit spacebar to skip through a bunch of Belial's nonsense.

On PC there’s a setting to automatically skip them, so I would guess console has the option too?

For soloing it, you have to prioritize the hard to find bosses. Definitely Adria first... even with the bounty arrow it can take a while to get to her. Urzael second, for similar reasons. Aranae, Izual, Diablo and Ghom all have more predictable map tiles and aren’t as hard to find.

Everything else is a fixed map, without any randomness at all, and should always take you about the same amount of time.

If Adria and the next 2 or 3 take too long, restart.

I don't know if it was just a luckier arrangement of maps, or if switching to Avarice Band/BotH was enough of a speed bump, but I finally managed it. Now it's just a few more GRs and throwing together a The Thrill attempt.

Sweet, thanks. I hope I can carve out some time this weekend to check all that out.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Bought this on Switch a week or 2 ago, and just finished Chapter 4 of the current season with my Wizard, completing the gear set.

This game's pretty good y'all.

Renzo wrote: »
    Bought this on Switch a week or 2 ago, and just finished Chapter 4 of the current season with my Wizard, completing the gear set.

This game's pretty good y'all.

Yeah I very much enjoyed D3 on my switch in handheld mode (it's hard as shit to read on my TV though). Spent alot of time on Christmas break hitting the Season cheevos to get the full set of gear, and it was great. Does eat battery though!

96058.png?1619393207
    edited January 2019
    I have had a lot of fun, but am disappointed with the matchmaking. I don't know if the population is tiny or what, but 90% of the time I do wuick match, there's no one available, and it was more like 15% back when I played on PS4.

This would be worse if I actually had more time for multiplayer, but I frequently have to put it down at the drop of a hat.

Septus on
    edited January 2019
    The matchmaking is very fragmented, because you've got 13 torment levels and then the.. 4(?) other pre-torment difficulties. It also depends on what you're trying to do. T13 rifts I've never had an issue finding a match for, but the other activities I either haven't tried on the Switch (keys), or have met limited success (GRs, bounties).

E: Speaking of finding full games, do we have a spreadsheet of Switch players somewhere? I would be all about adding friends before next season starts.

Russad on
This discussion has been closed.