As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield] - 2042 - Launches Nov 19th

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So maybe they should just chuck SMGs out of the game and just give medics assault class guns. The thing with SMGs is that they're supposed to be badass in CQC, right? Because I'll unload my Sten into some assault fuck only to have them giggle and kill me in two STG shots... it's really annoying.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Maaaaan. Hit rank 50 today and also finished the sturmgehr mastery V. The number VI is gonna be tough. Either killing 20 enemies while assaulting in a round or 10 assaulting in a life. Man that’s so finnicky I don’t know how long that one is gonna take.

Also got my first epic face paint today so the only thing I’m lacking is that gold stock to be all decked out and I can finally go to a different gun. I do like the way they’ve done the customizations on this one.

Also, playing on Fjell and we had a huge snowstorm hit. Not sure if any of you have had that happen. Was new to me. Very similar to the Sinai sandstorm.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Man what is with all these locked two man squads?

Also I saw a dude try to tnt a tank but die, so I launched a rocket, blew up his tnt on the tank and got a hella explosion and man

It felt good

Juggernut on
    Well hot damn. SMGs are getting a buff in tomorrow's update

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    edited December 2018
    A fully spec'd Turner SMLE with the detachable mags is an absolute monster. Even though it's only got 10 rounds it does such high damage I've cut through 3 guys in one clip. You can shoot it so fast that I've also beaten smgs at close quarters. I take hits but I come out alive. Plus being semi auto you can pop people at range too. I think it may be my favorite gun atm. I did just get the Drilling though and signs point to that being fun as hell.

Juggernut on
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    What do I need to do to unlock the red beret for the Brits?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    MG 42 is my favorite gun at the moment. I have a fully gold MG 34, but halfway to fully gold MG 42. I wanted to try the Drilling, but I don't see that happening for awhile due to this gun.

I also had some success on Arras as a Medic pre-patch, so that bodes well.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

Also I saw a dude try to tnt a tank but die, so I launched a rocket, blew up his tnt on the tank and got a hella explosion and man

It felt good

can't speak for everyone, but I'm sick of pubbies joining my squad and trying to steal SL with order request fuckery like requesting orders immediately after I set an order in the hopes that I miss it, or timing a request for orders for when I'm just getting into a firefight in the hopes that I'm too busy to set it before getting killed and having the respawn timer count me out.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    Juggernut wrote: »

It felt good

can't speak for everyone, but I'm sick of pubbies joining my squad and trying to steal SL with order request fuckery like requesting orders immediately after I set an order in the hopes that I miss it, or timing a request for orders for when I'm just getting into a firefight in the hopes that I'm too busy to set it before getting killed and having the respawn timer count me out.

I feel like that a bit sometimes but have just chocked it up to bad timing. I hate losing it when I have a bad spawn and immediately die before I can issue an order though.

steam_sig.png
    I have very rarely encountered that. I'm usually the one stealing SL because everybody is so goddamned oblivious.

Then I basically just try to issue orders for wherever my squad happened to wander off to and hope they net a few points.

I really got to get an actual squad together.

• canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    Dunno why people think smgs are garbage. I get dudes all the time with the thompson with the light weight bolt. Just pull the trigger and giggle all the way to town.

The buff is going to make some salty dudes out there I'm sure.

Mg42 is what I expect from it, right position and you can destroy an entire team. Had a 7 man kill in about 30 seconds one match outside the aerodrome. Made me smile

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
    canuckont wrote: »
    Dunno why people think smgs are garbage. I get dudes all the time with the thompson with the light weight bolt. Just pull the trigger and giggle all the way to town.

The buff is going to make some salty dudes out there I'm sure.

Mg42 is what I expect from it, right position and you can destroy an entire team. Had a 7 man kill in about 30 seconds one match outside the aerodrome. Made me smile

It always feels like I get into position with a MMG and maybe get a kill or two before eating a sniper round.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    It always feels like I get into position with a MMG and maybe get a kill or two before eating a sniper round.
    All depends where you set up. That and keeping in mind the bug where you can be spotted after a kill. I've mown down a ton of dudes from properly set up locations and also eaten sniper rounds as you said.

At this point, unless I have no choice, I delete a few people and then move unless it's from long distance shooting.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    All depends where you set up. That and keeping in mind the bug where you can be spotted after a kill. I've mown down a ton of dudes from properly set up locations and also eaten sniper rounds as you said.

At this point, unless I have no choice, I delete a few people and then move unless it's from long distance shooting.

This is important, you should always rebase after a bit. Having a giant muzzle flash give your position away sort of encourages the bad guys to get you.

When they fix the bipod bug I think it'll get better. Positioning is also key and having team support. All things to keep in mind.

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!

This is important, you should always rebase after a bit. Having a giant muzzle flash give your position away sort of encourages the bad guys to get you.

When they fix the bipod bug I think it'll get better. Positioning is also key and having team support. All things to keep in mind.

Which bug precisely? There are a few associated with going probe that have hung around from BF 1. I hate when I go prone and I immediately stand back up and get shot in the head.

steam_sig.png
    ToyD wrote: »

Which bug precisely? There are a few associated with going probe that have hung around from BF 1. I hate when I go prone and I immediately stand back up and get shot in the head.

Sometimes the bipod doesnt open when your clearly on a suitable spot. That prone one drives me nuts and the way you slowly slide forward sometimes.

It hasn't bugged me to much but I've gotten killed from it which sucks.

I've been using the sniper bren lately, it's pretty good for mobile support.

edited December 2018

Sometimes the bipod doesnt open when your clearly on a suitable spot. That prone one drives me nuts and the way you slowly slide forward sometimes.

One thing about the bipod in this one is the prone on your back. I’ve found if you press forward just a bit to make sure you’re on your stomach, the bipod deploys properly. You’ll even see an animation to suggest that’s what you’re doing. In my experience anyway.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
    Looks like the Overture dlc is being held back due to an unspecified "issue"

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    on one hand that is disappointing on the other hand i've got like 3 other new videogames things to do tomorrow so it frees up some space to do those

One thing about the bipod in this one is the prone on your back. I’ve found if you press forward just a bit to make sure you’re on your stomach, the bipod deploys properly. You’ll even see an animation to suggest that’s what you’re doing. In my experience anyway.

Yea, that's what I've been doing it works well for the most part.

A bit sad they delayed it but I'm not going to complain this game has a solid foundation. If they churn out maps and guns I'll throw my money at them for support. I've always enjoyed BF but this one reminds me of the older ones.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I've still been playing this a ton and have found that my head seems to magnetically attract bullets while mine magically avoids my opponents. People seem to be way better at controlling guns in a way that I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

The gun I seem to be the best at using so far is the M1 Carbine for some reason.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

The M1 carbine feels a little too good at long range.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    update's available on PC; don't think tides of war is available yet but you can get into practice range and the new war story, also the new weapons appear to be in

Dehumanized on
    Tides of War is available and seems to be a time limited, a week or so per section, progression tree that unlocks new weapons and cosmetics at the end of each.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
    Tides of War is available and seems to be a time limited, a week or so per section, progression tree that unlocks new weapons and cosmetics at the end of each.

It's pretty much a Fortnite battlepass, I think. Activision and EA are so hot on Fortnite stuff right now... at least BFV doesn't have any insulting microtransactions like BlackOps 4, yet. It seems like you rank up whether or not you complete the challenges, so that's cool I guess. I wonder if you can still get the guns somehow if you don't play enough one week to finish a particular segment.

Domination is my favorite game mode right now. It's like mini conquest with more focused chaos. Did some work on Devastation just now where I wouldn't die. Ran out of Sten ammo, and then wrecked faces with my 1911 while pointing out enemy positions and reviving teammates like a pro. Finished the game 15-2 and we won 152-0

"Combined Arms coming soon" sounded intriguing, so I looked it up. It's apparently some kind of 4 player co-op mode. No recent info on it since August that I can find, but it was previously reported as being missions with randomly generated objectives and scenarios. That sounds pretty rad! I wonder if MP progression carries over with that mode too.

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Skull2185 wrote: »

It's pretty much a Fortnite battlepass, I think. Activision and EA are so hot on Fortnite stuff right now... at least BFV doesn't have any insulting microtransactions like BlackOps 4, yet. It seems like you rank up whether or not you complete the challenges, so that's cool I guess. I wonder if you can still get the guns somehow if you don't play enough one week to finish a particular segment.

Domination is my favorite game mode right now. It's like mini conquest with more focused chaos. Did some work on Devastation just now where I wouldn't die. Ran out of Sten ammo, and then wrecked faces with my 1911 while pointing out enemy positions and reviving teammates like a pro. Finished the game 15-2 and we won 152-0

You don't bring in the microtransactions till after the holidays and after the reviews settle, no major "review site" is going to go and redo a review a month or two after a game is released.

I mean by the time the BR mode is going to be added next year 60-75% of the initial playerbase will have moved on, hell it wouldn't surprise me if the BR mode was a separate DLC/Add-on/Standalone that they charged for to generate hype on that it was a "new" game. After SWBF2 I'm not exactly a fan of or very trusting of how they are going to handle things.

iRevert on
    I don't think EA is dumb enough to charge for the BR mode. BFV has had too much bad PR as it is, but it is EA so we'll see. I'm hoping the worst we get is the ability to buy the boring cosmetics with real money.

• BladeOfSanjuroBladeOfSanjuro Registered User regular
    if anyone is doing the Tides of War challenges, it seems like the one for the Stationary Weapon kill is bugged, or the text has the wrong # of kills and counter on it, so no unlocking the VGO 'till they address that.

steam_sig.png
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Hey- this new map is a turd sandwich. WTF.

If your battle-pals are like "Oh what mannnnn? this map is the bessst" its because they won the tank lottery and got armor and are 30-4 due to it. Infantry is relegated to 3 points with constant planes and armor coming at you. 2 classes don't even have ways to manage vehicles, so they are useless on a TANK map. Maybe you drag a pak 40 around, or move a troop spawning half track. Those get blowed up quick too tho. "A flat open field does not a good map make-th. Tis lazy and I for one abhor laziness. Now, Lets all go see a play!" Abraham Lincoln said that in 1710 times. He wasn't even a GAMEDEV and he knew that.

Its the same as Hamada- medics just don't play that map as they cant engage armor or range. Check your scoreboard- there is precious few medics on that map. Same on this.

If you are on foot you are an NPC to their fun. F#ck that in the ear. I'd rather sit at the spawn screen waiting on a tank than run a 1k to get shelled to the sky.

If they want "tank maps" make it such that you can only spawn in one (drivers seat or otherwise) and there are plenty of tanks but limits on types you can spawn. you can get out, but you start in one. There I fixed the map- wheres my royalty check?

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    I didn't even know there was a new map... Dice seems kind of bad about telling you how stuff in their game works, and also that they've added new content to the game. The SMG buff was in the update though, yes? I felt like I was doing better with the Sten both in its CQC wheelhouse, and also at longer ranges. Might start seeing more medics on Hamada.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I didn't even know there was a new map... Dice seems kind of bad about telling you how stuff in their game works, and also that they've added new content to the game. The SMG buff was in the update though, yes? I felt like I was doing better with the Sten both in its CQC wheelhouse, and also at longer ranges. Might start seeing more medics on Hamada.

The 5 meter buff wont get you to turner/gewer- mg/lmg - Sniper ranges. make no mistake the smg buff is a nice step, you are still completely out ranged in every single approach/ defensive engagement on that map and Panzerstorm.

They need to all kit the model 8/rsc (maybe sans optics) or an all kit m1 carbine so that there's some way the medics can at least have the ability to swap to something that can play on the longer maps/ just have some option other than smg.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Hey- this new map is a turd sandwich. WTF.

If your battle-pals are like "Oh what mannnnn? this map is the bessst" its because they won the tank lottery and got armor and are 30-4 due to it. Infantry is relegated to 3 points with constant planes and armor coming at you. 2 classes don't even have ways to manage vehicles, so they are useless on a TANK map. Maybe you drag a pak 40 around, or move a troop spawning half track. Those get blowed up quick too tho. "A flat open field does not a good map make-th. Tis lazy and I for one abhor laziness. Now, Lets all go see a play!" Abraham Lincoln said that in 1710 times. He wasn't even a GAMEDEV and he knew that.

Its the same as Hamada- medics just don't play that map as they cant engage armor or range. Check your scoreboard- there is precious few medics on that map. Same on this.

If you are on foot you are an NPC to their fun. F#ck that in the ear. I'd rather sit at the spawn screen waiting on a tank than run a 1k to get shelled to the sky.

If they want "tank maps" make it such that you can only spawn in one (drivers seat or otherwise) and there are plenty of tanks but limits on types you can spawn. you can get out, but you start in one. There I fixed the map- wheres my royalty check?

I have been mucking around in infantry heavy modes due to Tide progression. Are there any buildable anti-tank cannons on the tank map? If the setting is Africa, there should really be 88 mm dual purpose guns to wreck tanks at long range.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    14,000 coins or whatever seems like a lot for an outfit. I barely have over 2,000.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

14,000 coins or whatever seems like a lot for an outfit. I barely have over 2,000.

You get 300 or so from dailys and 1000 every level after 50. Sooo.... I kind of agree. But also consider outfits are the monitization.... So they wont be super easy to just buy sans battlefield real money coins...

Kinda stinks that the smaller Devastation map for Dom doesn't use the bridge for one of the points. Battling for control of the bridge in Conquest is my favorite thing about that map =/

You also get outfits for class mastery assignments. Digging my assault/support ones. But holy fuuuuuu the last weapon mastery assignments can go suck a pig. They require some amazing things to line up and are just janky anyway and bleh.

On the new map I kind of agree. As infantry the runs between points are REALLY long. I think towables will become much more important in that map, but right now it’s another galacia sniper heaven. There are a lot of non-spawnable vehicles tho like half tracks in it to get around. They just been so poop up to now that many people do t use them. Plus it’s way to easy to kill the gunners.

Also I didn’t know they added new guns until I was looking at my class and noticed 8/12 unlocked but no indications about what the other 4 were. Tides of war wasn’t open for me yesterday while I was playing. I tried and it didn’t seem to do anything.

steam_sig.png
    Can you run bolt-action rifles like the einfeld and kar98 with just iron-sights? How much of an exercise in frustration/fool's errand would it be to try and play aggressive recon with bolt-actions?