As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MST3K] We got movie sign...on November 22, 2018

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I tried to watch some today but having had my tonsils out earlier makes it nearly impossible. Laughing fuckin’ hurts and this show makes me laugh more than any other.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The Day Time Ended is one of the least coherent movies they've ever done, I feel

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    It's got like four different premises hodge-podged together and feels like it takes an actual day to get to the time ending

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    The Day Time Ended is one of the least coherent movies they've ever done, I feel

Hello Graham, would you like some steak milk?

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I was a little worried at the start of this season: the shorter season and the push for people to binge, the cop-out from last season's finale, and the Mac & Me riffing not getting laughs from me early on. But once the movie got into gear I really enjoyed the episode, which is a relief. I'm someone who loved last season, so to hear this season is better is a good thing.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The line that got me the most of any MST3K line was this season. Near the beginning of Atlantic Rim when they jump into their robots.

"We're going to inject these giant robots with our puberty!" I fell off the couch laughing.

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    The line that got me the most of any MST3K line was this season. Near the beginning of Atlantic Rim when they jump into their robots.

"We're going to inject these giant robots with our puberty!" I fell off the couch laughing.

Evangelion reference!

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    That’s some bullbutter

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    My god, it's not that Atlantic Rim just has bad dialogue, it's that it has roughly 50% more dialogue than needed in any one scene.

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I loved this series, you can it’s a good one when riffs creep into your standard lexicon. Lots of getting people on the horn and things being preeettyyy niccccee.

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    The other day my two year old son said "daddy look at all the cars" and my wife and I got to say "pretty niiiiiice" and it was basically the best moment of my life

mkc.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    I loved this series, you can it’s a good one when riffs creep into your standard lexicon. Lots of getting people on the horn and things being preeettyyy niccccee.

"Pretty nice" is the new "we like it very much"

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Shut up about boot-blacking!

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »

Shut up about boot-blacking!

But what about our little pants

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    FYI if you miss the marathon, Pluto TV has a free MST3K channel. Doesn't have the in-between segments but all MST3K all the time.

"The Day Time Ended", more like "The Movie That Never Started".

"The Day Time Ended", more like "The Movie That Never Started".

It's a meta title--the day time ended is actually the day you start watching the movie.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Killer Fish was a weird hybrid but I kinda dug it, even if it frequently depended on padding. The musical number from the riffers was inspired, but :-1: to making fun of that actresses' lisp.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    oh jeez don't read about margaux hemingway it is pretty depressing.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

... what is this in regards to?

Elvenshae wrote: »

... what is this in regards to?

she was the lady with the lisp in Killer Fish I think

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I’m gonna need some Season 13 news soon

I honestly find I'm missing being able to watch the old episodes after having watched the latest season a bunch, and they seem to have vanished from everywhere (legal resources, anyways) streaming wise except for some on Netflix and Youtube but their selection is extremely limited and hasn't changed up in a long time. Buying every single dvd collection is... unrealistic. Oh well.

There are ways to find them if you really get desperate

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    I honestly find I'm missing being able to watch the old episodes after having watched the latest season a bunch, and they seem to have vanished from everywhere (legal resources, anyways) streaming wise except for some on Netflix and Youtube but their selection is extremely limited and hasn't changed up in a long time. Buying every single dvd collection is... unrealistic. Oh well.

I'm close to having them all but it has been a many year project. Even without buying them I have every single episode that I digitized from vhs. Even the public broadcast ones thanks to my cousins in St Paul.

The KTMA ones are pretty rough.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Edit nevermind

Grey Ghost on
    There are ways to find them if you really get desperate

It's not that I'm desperate, but if Rhino or whatever were like "oh hey, you can sub for this small fee and get all the MST3K you want", that would be pretty rad. It's more that there is a MST3K shaped streaming hole in my life.

I wont quote your original post GG but I get that sentiment. I'd just rather my views go towards whoever actually owns those episodes now, but of course the entire franchise is built off of sharing so. YMMV.

Obviously I'm not advocating piracy on this web forum but my personal philosophy has always been if you provide me a reasonable and accessible way to access your content I will gladly support it, but if you don't, I'm not going to feel bad about seeking it elsewhere.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

That said, there are a ton of classic eps that are reasonably and accessibly available on Shout Factory's website: http://www.shoutfactorytv.com/film/mst3k

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Pluto TV has a free, legit, not pirate 24 hours a day mst3k channel

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Would I be crazy in taking all the episodes out of the collection order and re shelving them in chronological episode order?

I’d need to break up the Rhino and Shout factory rerelease of the rhino sets into single disc cases. All the rest of them are already in individual cases.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Would I be crazy in taking all the episodes out of the collection order and re shelving them in chronological episode order?

I’d need to break up the Rhino and Shout factory rerelease of the rhino sets into single disc cases. All the rest of them are already in individual cases.

Not at all--I've considered ripping them so I can just pull them up on my computer.

The most important thing about the DVDs are the mini posters anyway

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Not at all--I've considered ripping them so I can just pull them up on my computer.

The most important thing about the DVDs are the mini posters anyway

I want to figure out a method of framing them all and covering a wall in them.

I'd need a wall first.

I have the version of 10 with godzilla

wonder what that fetches these days

A lot. I have 10.2 but have that godzilla on vhs.

A lot. I have 10.2 but have that godzilla on vhs.

yeah, I just looked on ebay

.... I think maybe I should put mine up =p

Keep Circulating the Tapes

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    The "collection 2" of the original series has been quietly replaced by "collection 3" on Netflix in case anyone else hasn't noticed.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Content licensing rights are a fickle beast.

BLM - ACAB