As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox/XBL] Crackdown 3 is out! And not delayed again!

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    *obligatory post about his pip boy edition never being played here*

One day though... one day.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Man the motion blur in spyro is making me dizzy

Can you turn it off?

Not that I can find, a lot of people are complaining so hopefully they'll add it in an update

For context I don't normally have a problem with motion blur, so for me to notice it it has to be really bad, I can't imagine people who are sensitive to it can play it at all. Lots of tweets and complaints about it being unplayable for people who get sick from it, so I'm hoping they'd add a toggle, fingers crossed, not sure how this company is with updates

That's weird, because I normally hate motion blur and turn it off too, but I haven't noticed or been bothered by anything in Spyro. Is it all of them? I'm only on the first.

Steam: offday
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Hoo boy, I could fall into a Kingdoms of Amalur pretty hard. I'd forgotten how much I like games like this.

Peen wrote: »
    Hoo boy, I could fall into a Kingdoms of Amalur pretty hard. I'd forgotten how much I like games like this.

Just think; There’s an alternate world where 38 Studios didnt go under and Curt Schilling isnt a raging bigot. Well, maybe just the former is true.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I can guarantee I'd have had absolutely zero interest in the MMO they were working on, so chances are Reckoning is the only Amalur product I'd have ever cared about, but who knows! I sure do like this game though.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    So I’m not sure how to actually claim DA2 from GWG this month. I have it installed already through EA Access, but actually owning it would be nice. The problem is since it’s installed there isn’t an option to claim it that I can find.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    So I’m not sure how to actually claim DA2 from GWG this month. I have it installed already through EA Access, but actually owning it would be nice. The problem is since it’s installed there isn’t an option to claim it that I can find.

Try the website?

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I usually just get it through the dashboard. I don't know what EA Access changes in that regard.

I second xbox.com.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Heh, didn’t have any luck with the website, but according to the mobile app when I tried there I must have bought the game outright back in July.
    I don’t have a problem, you have a problem!

LostNinja on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Heh, didn’t have any luck with the website, but according to the mobile app when I tried there I must have bought the game outright back in July.
    I don’t have a problem, you have a problem!

It was on sale for $8 in July.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

This is doable, as I've done it, but I will be honest and say that I don't remember how I did it. I want to say if you scroll to the right bit of the dashboard, it adds a "get" button?

edited December 2018
    So I'm at the home screen and Jefe and Arteen's new avatars are showing, and Arteen's is doing some kind of talking animation and Jefe's is all angry with its arms crossed and I have to say the new avatars are rather amusing.

tastydonuts on
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    If you make a new style avatar, can you switch back to your old one still? Or is it gone forever?

you can switch back and forth, I believe. I'm still using the old one even though I made a new one.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    For anybody that doesn't frequent that might be interested, TrueAchievements just started their yearly 12 Days of Christmas Event.

The event challenges you to unlock achievements with certain requirements, maybe from a certain genre of game, maybe in a certain order, and each day a new challenge is added. You don't need to complete them all in 12 days, and I had a ton of fun with it last year.

For perspective, last year's challenges were things like:
    1 game completion
    2 Versus achievements
    3 achievements with a ratio of 3.0 or higher
    4: unlock achievements with the first letters N, O, E, L, in that order
    5 rare achievements.

The event for this year just started and it's off with a bang: Get 1 achievement that doesn't end in 5 or 0.

It's beautiful >:)

eh, I don't visit TA as often as they switched to injection to circumvent ad-blockers on their page, and the ads occupy roughly 40% of the top screen space, and it's usually the same ad in all the boxes just different sizes and sometimes they are animated and it's just obnoxious.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I only visit when I need to research missing or secret achievements. And with my terribly unstable connection, I find my desire to play 'new' games is diminished.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I use TrueAchievements--exclusively for achievement guides, again, since their community seems to be the most comprehensive. All these websites seem to spam you with adds, though they're pretty manageable via Vivaldi (or via Edge on my phone, which has a pretty hard ad blocker).

Don't know anything about the community though. Don't have an account with them either.

Yea, the mobile version of the site isn't as bad as the desktop version... which is a weird flip for most pages.

TA's community is... okay.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Yeah, while I don't do much Actual Community Interaction stuff over there, I love the statistics they give, and looking back and seeing my own gaming trends change over the years. I've also found that challenges like this are exactly the incentive I need to go through my backlog and make progress on random games. They do some competitive challenges through the year, but I can't ever keep up with them, but stuff like this where I can complete it on my own time is good for me.

Regarding ads, I use ublock origin and 99% of the time it blocks the ads they put up. Sometimes some will get through, but then a week later those have been blocked as well.

oh, ublock doesn't cause the page to drop its style when the injected ads get blocked like abp does?

Apparently not. I just loaded the site and it looks fine to me.

Yeah, it's working for me today on this PC too.

To their benefit, while they don't seem willing to revert the injection, they have been fairly responsive in removing video ads that people have complained about, and making sure that it doesn't completely obstruct browsing the site.

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Is anyone still playing Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr? I just got it this past weekend and was wondering how the MP is. Considering Season 1 was released earlier in November, I had hopes that others in here are playing it.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
    Guess they're completely ditching the project sunshine and freaks and all that stuff?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Duke Nukem Forever one of the worst games I've ever played.

WHERE IS MY MAX PAYNE 3?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Duke Nukem Forever was a perfectly serviceable "old school dumb" first person shooter. Not worth the hype or infamously long delay, but there were way worse shooters out there.

Max Payne 3 would be a nice addition, though for a proper Remedy third-person shooter, Quantum Break is better.

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    The Darkness was an awesome game, and Mike Patton did an incredible job as the voice. I was just describing this very thing to my better half last week. However, I'm not sure if the game has aged well. Only one way to find out!

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Duke Nukem Forever was a perfectly serviceable "old school dumb" first person shooter. Not worth the hype or infamously long delay, but there were way worse shooters out there.

Max Payne 3 would be a nice addition, though for a proper Remedy third-person shooter, Quantum Break is better.

AFAIK, Quantum Break doesn't have James McCaffrey doing his noir Max Payne thing and laying it on thick. Would pick Max Payne 3 every time :P

Also, The Bureau is a criminally under-appreciated little gem. I get why XCOM fans were salty about it, but man it's a pretty good game.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »

AFAIK, Quantum Break doesn't have James McCaffrey doing his noir Max Payne thing and laying it on thick. Would pick Max Payne 3 every time :P

Also, The Bureau is a criminally under-appreciated little gem. I get why XCOM fans were salty about it, but man it's a pretty good game.

Max Payne 3 criminally fails in capturing the Remedy Software charm, not to mention totally lacks the hilarity camp of a world-within-a-world.

Would pick Quantum Break every time. :P

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Max Payne 3 was my favorite of the Max Paynes. Like it doesn't exist in a vacuum you need Mp 1 and 2 to have the pay off of 3. But the pathos and story of MP 3 really paid off the Max character.

Plus it was awesome to play, the final gun shot system lead to some juicy cap kills.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Max Payne 3 is a great game as is The Bureau!

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    mutant year zero is on game pass already? Fuck yes game pass rules

Prohass on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Another day, another studio aquistion rumor.

(Klobrille is the one who broke the news about a new Fable game and the Obsidian aquisition.)

For those not keeping track, the rumors currently stand at

-Turtle Rock
    -IO Interactive
    -a studio in texas
    -a studio associated with Sony "a bit"

Undead Scottsman on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    mutant year zero is on game pass already? Fuck yes game pass rules

Son of a bitch... I bought it on PS4 last night. I had no idea it'd be on Game Pass. Not that I regret buying it, but damn! The game is great, though.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Alert day, another studio aquistion rumor.

(Klobrille is the one who broke the news about a new Fable game and the Obsidian aquisition.)

For those not keeping track, the rumors currently stand and

-Turtle Rock
    -IO Interactive
    -a studio in texas

insomniac?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Alert day, another studio aquistion rumor.

For those not keeping track, the rumors currently stand and

-Turtle Rock
    -IO Interactive
    -a studio in texas

insomniac?

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and call that one as "not happening"

edited December 2018
    you never know. turtle rock and IO have nothing to do with Sony and Insomniac has made a Xbone exclusive game already.

Sucker Punch maybe?

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png