As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Sword and Shield: Out now. Mark your spoilers!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Hey poke-people

I'm playing Let's Go and I have an adorable Alolan Sandshrew

I don't think I want it to evolve into a Sandslash, since that's not as cute

Is there a good reason for me to evolve it anyway?

Significant stat increases. Being part Ice type, Sandshrew's got a lot of typing weaknesses and a as a base stage Pokemon, his stats aren't gonna be high enough to tank hits or KO enemies before they KO him when you start facing off against fully evolved Pokemon. You're welcome to hold off as long as you want though--as long as you're not having trouble in battles, it's fine

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Saffron Gym's redesign is super rad, I'm glad they made that change.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Sandslash is adorable .

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I wish Surge’s gym had a redesign. Should have been an assault course!

• Options
    I'm fond of a lot of the design choices in Gen 1, but the Vermillion Gym "puzzle" is really bad and, as memorable as it is, they really need to move past it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I'm fond of a lot of the design choices in Gen 1, but the Vermillion Gym "puzzle" is really bad and, as memorable as it is, they really need to move past it.

In Let's Go the trainers give hints for how to find the switches after you beat them. They made it an actual puzzle with a solution that isn't random chance.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Oh wow, so I haven’t done any research into any of the stuff that has changed since I last played Go so when I completed my seventh day of field research and an Articuno showed up I nearly shit a brick.

Turns out that research is going to be giving out legendaries all month which is cool.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    hey who has Pikachu and wants to trade version exclusives

I can do Bellsprout for Oddish, Meowth for Growlithe, Vulpix for Sandshrew, and Ekans for Mankey

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Oh no something went wrong in the transfer

m03yct89z6sr.pngfl7qtrb1nchl.pngdmpavn24pcfw.pnggfl0w5hnt1du.png

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh my god this ASSHOLE on route 8 with a Seaking 6 levels above my party just Horn Drilled half of them to death
    Fuck this guy

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Oh my god this ASSHOLE on route 8 with a Seaking 6 levels above my party just Horn Drilled half of them to death
    Fuck this guy

Horn drill's accuracy goes way up if you're weaker than the user

• Options
    oh my god Cubone is so little

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Fuck this guy

6 levels higher is still only 36% accuracy though, it's not a gimme.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    XCOM.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    PLA wrote: »
    XCOM.

"You miss 100% of the 35% shots you don't take."

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Fuck this guy

hold up what? has it always done that?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Alakazam is just an absolute monster, huh

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Fuck this guy

hold up what? has it always done that?

As of Gen 2 yeah. Then they fiddled with the formula a bit in Gen 3 so it completely bypasses normal accuracy checks and the accuracy is entirely based on the level difference, so it's straight-up just Acc = ( ( user_level - target_level ) + 30 ) * 100%

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Maybe it's just a fresh newness thing but man do I like nearly all the Alolan forms more than the originals, visually and mechanically

I was so psyched to get Alolan Raichu

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Alolan Raichu is great but regular Raichu doesn't get the credit they deserve.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am not a huge fan of raticate or the geodude line, buy yeah those are the only ones

i was very happy with them making alolan meowth into garfield

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    who couldn't love Alolan Geodude's weird eyebrows

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    look without the eyebrows he looks like scott adsit and i love my lil' floating pete hornberger

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Alolan Golem rules

"What if we have Golem a beard and also an electric cannon on his back"

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The Grass gym is the first one I'm gonna have to go back and grind up for
    I took her first two down but then she brought out that Vileplume with Mega Drain and it chewed up my entire team

• Options
    I wish you could forfeit a battle
    I don't really need to play through sending all my type-disadvantaged pokes out to the slaughter

• Options
    Okay I've fought every trainer available to me so far, and now I'm out catching to try to grind up, and I'm getting an absolute pittance for XP, even with landing multiple bonuses
    I don't know if there's a faster way to do this but I'd really like to know it

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Whats your team

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Okay I've fought every trainer available to me so far, and now I'm out catching to try to grind up, and I'm getting an absolute pittance for XP, even with landing multiple bonuses

Catching the same pokemon several times in a row (chaining) drastically increases the amount of experience you get. Just run from everything else or avoid them on the map

Use your eevee's fire or psychic move (probably the latter, because it sets up light screen to halve their special attacks; all her pokemon except for tangela are weak to psychic as well due to the poison typing)

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    If all fails just use a weak mon or two's turn out as a chance to revive and heal whatever strong one went down. Make sure they have low hp so the vileplume doesn't just heal all the way up itself

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I love

the Cinnabar Gym

so much.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »

Catching the same pokemon several times in a row (chaining) drastically increases the amount of experience you get. Just run from everything else or avoid them on the map

Use your eevee's fire or psychic move (probably the latter, because it sets up light screen to halve their special attacks; all her pokemon except for tangela are weak to psychic as well due to the poison typing)

On top of chaining, you want the ones that are tiny or huge (preferably huge) and also want to use 2 players to get the sync bonus and try to get the excellent bonus on your first throw.

• Options
    I love

the Cinnabar Gym

so much.

Do you
    A love it
    B leave it
    C Rhyhorn
    D shove it

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Different mons also give different experience. If you see a Chansey, that's often a free level

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I love

the Cinnabar Gym

so much.

Do you
    A love it
    B leave it
    C Rhyhorn
    D shove it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8K90hX4PrE

• Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Well it's gonna be interesting to see if let's go was a one time thing or if they give the other gens the go threatment too

• Options
    I would be SHOCKED if there wasn't a Let's Go Togepi/Let's Go Marill in a couple years

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    By the time they get to lets go gen 4 they'll realise everyone is super nostalgic for gen 1 and just remake that instead.

• Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Personally i would love let's go houndour but i suppose a demon doggo is not something gamefreak would put on a cover

• Options
    I'm not 100% in on predicting the titles but those are the two I feel are the most likely.

They were, along with Snubble, the ones getting push before Gen 2 actually dropped and Marrill was your friendly rival's Pokemon in HGSS, which makes me think they see it as one of the faces of the gen. Togepi is less certain because despite being an obvious Mascot push, it's also always been "the first Pokemon you hatch from an egg". Then again that entire bit of the story makes less sense in a future-facing remake so ???

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.