As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Troubled Tidings in Threshold Town[Phalla]- Finished Masters and Coroner Victory

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I came back the same as I started, though maybe you'd rather not take my word for it! I have no new info on JPants' situation.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Hi, guys. I challenged Death to a game of fantasy geography and won. What's up?

Wait.

What happened?

This game has rezzes!?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    After the issues last year, I will go over the rules again:
    Contestants posts in darkcyan their selection.

They can post up to one plus the number of hours that have past since this post (rounding down to the hour). Posting can be done over the course of the day so keep checking back in to add to your list.

The post must start with a different letter than any of their previous entrees and must go alphabetically. Skipping letters is allowed but they can't go back to skipped letters later in the day. To get the maximum of 20 cities they can skip up to six times.

They cannot duplicate any answer that another player has given. Only the first post for a city counts.

This years category is Fictional Cities. Any city, preferably from a well known source, counts. Cities in general so towns, metropolises villages all would be valid, but not whole kingdoms, states or countries. For any controversial or lesser known options, please give your source.

This game was available to the Dead as well. So I fired off this:
    I'm going to assume "The" in city names isn't important for alphabetization purposes. I'm also going to assume it's irrelevant whether the location's been destroyed.

Armengar (Raymond E. Feist, the Magician series)
    Bedrock (The Flintstones)
    Castle Mount (Robert Silverberg's Majipoor novels)
    Doomstadt (Capital of Latveria, Marvel Comics)
    The Emerald City (Oz)
    First City (Capital of Qo'noS, Klingon Empire - astonishingly, this is actually its name)
    Gondolin (JRR Tolkein, The Silmarillion)
    Harth (Monster Hunter IV)
    Ivy Town (Home of Atom 2, DC Comics Universe)
    Jerusalem's Lot (Stephen King)
    Karaz-a-Karak (Warhammer Fantasy)
    Lankhmar (Fritz Leiber, Fafhrd & the Gray Mouser stories)
    Melniboné (Michael Moorcock, primarily the Elric novels)
    Nessus (Gene Wolf's Book of the New Sun)
    Orbit City (The Jetsons)
    Pawnee, Indiana (Parks & Recreation)
    Quirm (Discworld)
    Ratchet (World of Warcraft)
    Sanctuary (Thieves' World, Primary Setting)
    Tanelorn (Michael Moorcock, Various)
    Ubaryd (Malazan Book of the Fallen series, Deadhouse Gates in particular)
    Venusville (Total Recall, film)
    Whoville (Doctor Seuss)
    Xak Tsaroth (D&D, Dragonlance)
    Ys (Mythical drowned city in Brittany)
    Zhentil Keep (D&D, Forgotten Realms)

after having spent about an hour after I got back from PAX Unplugged putting it together, along with a list of what stuff to cut if Blue wanted it kept to 20 (things I thought might be duplicated by any other entrants).

Now I'm alive.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    huh

Kind of hard to argue with that I guess. What did you die as again?

Steam profile
  • Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    ObiFett - Neutral
    Auralynx - Village
    Virgil_Leads_Us - Neutral

Sorry about dropping in late. Catching up with thread now

Emphasis mine. Dunno if if Phoenix-D is discredited or not, but that's accurate.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I too am returned from the dead! Same as when i left, (Village)!

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular

They can post up to one plus the number of hours that have past since this post (rounding down to the hour). Posting can be done over the course of the day so keep checking back in to add to your list.

The post must start with a different letter than any of their previous entrees and must go alphabetically. Skipping letters is allowed but they can't go back to skipped letters later in the day. To get the maximum of 20 cities they can skip up to six times.

They cannot duplicate any answer that another player has given. Only the first post for a city counts.

This years category is Fictional Cities. Any city, preferably from a well known source, counts. Cities in general so towns, metropolises villages all would be valid, but not whole kingdoms, states or countries. For any controversial or lesser known options, please give your source.

I'm going to assume "The" in city names isn't important for alphabetization purposes. I'm also going to assume it's irrelevant whether the location's been destroyed.

The Emerald City (Oz)
    First City (Capital of Qo'noS, Klingon Empire - astonishingly, this is actually its name)
    Orbit City (The Jetsons)
    Quirm (Discworld)
    Whoville (Doctor Seuss)

after having spent about an hour after I got back from PAX Unplugged putting it together, along with a list of what stuff to cut if Blue wanted it kept to 20 (things I thought might be duplicated by any other entrants).

Now I'm alive.
    What was your prize for winning the game?

• Options
    Locus wrote: »

The Emerald City (Oz)
    Orbit City (The Jetsons)
    Quirm (Discworld)
    Whoville (Doctor Seuss)

Now I'm alive.
    What was your prize for winning the game?

... I'm alive.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    I find that difficult to believe, considering that my prize was not even remotely close to bringing someone back to life.

• Options
    I find that difficult to believe, considering that my prize was not even remotely close to bringing someone back to life.

I too won a game and was granted life.

• Options
    Possibly a way for the host to make up for less than 20 players?

• Options

And yet, here I am. Again, we were playing a separate game among the Dead in my case - wasn't competing with you. We had an opportunity to come back to life on Saturday as well, which I'm assuming JPants accomplished.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    JPants wrote: »

It's a relatively low-kill game I thought, though. It'll never endddd! :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

It's a relatively low-kill game I thought, though. It'll never endddd! :P

Could be other reasons... I'm just spitballing.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    What game did you play?

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    What game did you play?

Guessed who would win between Egos and Locus, as well as the final letter without going over.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Just to lay all the cards on the table, several members of the (Heart)Less have been identified.
    At this point, regardless of your alignment, your best option is to vote against the Less.

The power struggles of the Town itself don't mean anything to me, I'll work with anyone who's a real person and not a Shadow Monster.
    Every Less voted out is a member of your faction not voted out.
    If there is someone who used to be in your faction who is now a member of the Less, they are not a member of your faction any more.

In conclusion: A vote for 38thDoe is a vote not to be exsanguinated by monsters.

Yeah I don't know about any of this, but I can tell you that I received a message that someone attempted to convert me last night but it failed. Why it failed I have no idea, but could that be what is making Sir Fab sad? Vigs don't normally convert people.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    What game did you play?
    Guessed who would win between Egos and Locus, as well as the final letter without going over.
    OK. You didn't come back as "PnjtsaX" or anything, did you?

• Options
    Honestly, the most fun part of the list (apart from trying to pick a Malazan Book of the Fallen city that both fit a hole and was a relevant part of any of the novels - I got to look over a lot of maps there) was collaborating my wife and then systematically eliminating any towns from the Pokemon series, because Obi was also dead and we got no points for overlap.

I'm pretty sure you can do the entire alphabet just from Pokemon towns, but was trying to avoid repeat-sourcing except in the case of Moorcock (my bar-none fave); the D&D double-dip I at least managed to cross settings for.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    What game did you play?
    OK. You didn't come back as "PnjtsaX" or anything, did you?

Negative. Same name role, faction as when I died.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Just to lay all the cards on the table, several members of the (Heart)Less have been identified.
    At this point, regardless of your alignment, your best option is to vote against the Less.

The power struggles of the Town itself don't mean anything to me, I'll work with anyone who's a real person and not a Shadow Monster.
    Every Less voted out is a member of your faction not voted out.
    If there is someone who used to be in your faction who is now a member of the Less, they are not a member of your faction any more.

In conclusion: A vote for 38thDoe is a vote not to be exsanguinated by monsters.

Yeah I don't know about any of this, but I can tell you that I received a message that someone attempted to convert me last night but it failed. Why it failed I have no idea, but could that be what is making Sir Fab sad? Vigs don't normally convert people.

So your argument is that someone tried to convert you last night and even though you don’t know who it is, it could possibly be me even though I correctly called no kill last night.

I mean I’m convinced but I worry that the rest of the player base won’t be.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Premium died to "external bleeding". How is that a no kill night?

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    No kill from the good guy side ;)

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Yeah of the two arguments at the moment, I believe 38thDoe less.

Sir Fab hasn't given us anything yet to doubt him. He's obviously not confirmed, but at the very least the "vig appearing" kill stopped when he said it would.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well could have been someone else I guess. Just kind of random that I have a campaign for my death on the same night as failed conversion. I’m not village I am a survival neutral and I do not have a kill. So please look elsewhere for whatever else is going on in this game.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yeah of the two arguments at the moment, I believe 38thDoe less.

Sir Fab hasn't given us anything yet to doubt him. He's obviously not confirmed, but at the very least the "vig appearing" kill stopped when he said it would.

Well, is *is* self confessed not-village. Whether that means he counts as hostile...eh. Seems like a different flavor of neutral?

• Options
    Sir Fab seems pretty confident in 38thDoe so I'm willing to give that a shot tonight.

• Options
    Here's what I'm thinking we've got going on: 4 factions and a bunch of neutrals.

Village are against the Mafia, and the (key)Masters are vs the (heart)Less. 2 different opposing battles.

The question now is, was 38th being a lying bad guy with his comments about conversion or was that just an "outted bad guy ploy"? Would make sense that a Less couldn't be converted by the Mafia (or Village). With so many neutrals a conversion also makes a kind of sense. Hmmmm.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Here's what I'm thinking we've got going on: 4 factions and a bunch of neutrals.

Village are against the Mafia, and the (key)Masters are vs the (heart)Less. 2 different opposing battles.

The question now is, was 38th being a lying bad guy with his comments about conversion or was that just an "outted bad guy ploy"? Would make sense that a Less couldn't be converted by the Mafia (or Village). With so many neutrals a conversion also makes a kind of sense. Hmmmm.

Wait, is there a mafia?

Edit: Also the OP implied there could be conversions. I mentioned that on like, Day 1 or something.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    From the OP
    There is a village and there is a mafia faction.

Also confirmed via Host PM Clarification

JPants on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Kime read some of the OP. Jpants read all of the Op :rotate:

Jpants is good at reading :) I'm gonna go with JaysonFour for now.... I say for now since it's gut.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    2 hour warning

• Options
    What game did you play?

I appreciate the vote of confidence!

Don't really have strong feelings about who to vote for. I guess there's not much harm in seeing if Sir Fab is right, 38thDoe

• Options
    Wagon traaaaaaaaaaaain.

Neutral is close enough I guess. But voting JaysonFour anyway because A. we know Sir Fab has offed village before (presumably an accident, but still) and B. it's always fun to kick the wagon and see who it panics into voting..

• Options
    , 38thDoe to attempt to avoid shenanigans

Steam profile
  • Options
    Pretty sure 38th is telling the truth, if only because the game has been so weird. JaysonFour seems to be Option B, here.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Whoops. JaysonFour

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    That pushes the vote to like 6 / 3, which if JaysonFour or 38thDoe vote is gonna probably be within vote manipulation range.

• Options
    38thdoe then...

• Options
    38thdoe
    jdarksun has an awesome avatar