As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon] Sword and Shield: Out now. Mark your spoilers!

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Chansey are pretty much big fat sacks of experience points. I got this pretty much every other chansey while i was hunting a shiny Chansey
    4igqhjnghrn7.jpg

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I'm not 100% in on predicting the titles but those are the two I feel are the most likely.

They were, along with Snubble, the ones getting push before Gen 2 actually dropped and Marrill was your friendly rival's Pokemon in HGSS, which makes me think they see it as one of the faces of the gen. Togepi is less certain because despite being an obvious Mascot push, it's also always been "the first Pokemon you hatch from an egg". Then again that entire bit of the story makes less sense in a future-facing remake so ???

I'm betting on Pichu and Togepi, myself

There's even a precedent for a non-evolving Pichu-- maybe they would actually use the Spiky-Eared Pichu herself

On the other hand, they did say they intended to make Eevee a mascot on par with Pikachu, so maybe there's an outside chance the starters are Espeon and Umbreon?

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Personally i would love let's go houndour but i suppose a demon doggo is not something gamefreak would put on a cover

They put Murder Birb on the cover for Y, so you never know.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I'm not 100% in on predicting the titles but those are the two I feel are the most likely.

They were, along with Snubble, the ones getting push before Gen 2 actually dropped and Marrill was your friendly rival's Pokemon in HGSS, which makes me think they see it as one of the faces of the gen. Togepi is less certain because despite being an obvious Mascot push, it's also always been "the first Pokemon you hatch from an egg". Then again that entire bit of the story makes less sense in a future-facing remake so ???

I'm betting on Pichu and Togepi, myself

There's even a precedent for a non-evolving Pichu-- maybe they would actually use the Spiky-Eared Pichu herself

On the other hand, they did say they intended to make Eevee a mascot on par with Pikachu, so maybe there's an outside chance the starters are Espeon and Umbreon?

Pichu's definitely possible although I want to believe (despite so many reasons not to) that they wouldn't just make the follow-ups basically "Pikachu and someone else" again. Same reason I doubt it'd be Espeon and Umbreon

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Aipom seems like an pretty solid choice as an mascot

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    let's go: wooper and pineco

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Oh no something went wrong in the transfer

m03yct89z6sr.pngfl7qtrb1nchl.pngdmpavn24pcfw.pnggfl0w5hnt1du.png

I like how Golem and Machamp are basically this. Machoke gets Graveler's four arms, and Graveler gets some animal DNA from Machoke.

If we're going with my personal choices, it'd be Let's Go Mareep and Let's Go Cyndaquil. I wanna use those two in their base forms the entire game

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Let's Go Munchlax and Let's Go Teddiursa

dN0T6ur.png
    Munchlax is a Gen 4 Pokemon!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Let me check my notes here

Mhm. Mhm.

I don't give a shit!!!! AND: I forgot

dN0T6ur.png
    honestly as someone who gave these games a miss a Marill & Mareep version would probably pull me in

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Let's Go Magby and Let's Go Elekid

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I would actually love this

Team Elekid all the way

CYpGAPn.png

These are also in the "I don't want you to evolve" camp for me, yeah.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

No version of this that doesn't include Teddiursa will be allowed

dN0T6ur.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I know the rules are hardly set but I figure whatever Pokemon they pick has to be small enough to sit on the trainer, have limbs to be expressive with, a tail that wags for items, one elemental + one normal/other, have only one evolved form (that it won’t evolve into) and both are iconic/cute looking as it’s base form. Oh and hair you can frizz up I guess.

So...
    Let’s Go Marill & Let’s Go Snubbull.

But Yellow was the only game to give the player a Pokemon that wasn’t a starter by design. There is no second generation game to base it on so this might be the only Let’s Go game that follows this theme. The next one might be Let’s Go Johto, giving you the option of three starters as usual.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I feel like Togepi is guaranteed since they were a big part of the anime for so long. Maybe Togepi and Marrill is probably the other one because Pikablu

Goose! wrote: »
    I feel like Togepi is guaranteed since they were a big part of the anime for so long. Maybe Togepi and Marrill is probably the other one because Pikablu

Yeah going by historical representation of that era the obvious picks are among Togepi, Marrill, and Snubbull

cdci44qazyo3.gif

edited December 2018
    Togepi seems like a plot point both games would share. You’d get given an egg early on, before you get to the breeder, which hatches into Togepi. Thus showing the player the egg hatching mechanics.

Getting it from the start would miss the point of its horrifying existence.

Endless_Serpents on
    I know the rules are hardly set but I figure whatever Pokemon they pick has to be small enough to sit on the trainer, have limbs to be expressive with, a tail that wags for items, one elemental + one normal/other, have only one evolved form (that it won’t evolve into) and both are iconic/cute looking as it’s base form. Oh and hair you can frizz up I guess.

Most of these are sound, but the bolded ones seem like it's way more likely to be coincidence just because they realized Eevee things were selling like hotcakes and decided to give it a co-star role. Also eevee has, like, a million evolved forms :P

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I'm pretty sure the Eevee/Pikachu dichotomy is entirely because these games started life as a pitch for a remake of Yellow and those were the two Pokemon you and your rival started with. From here on out it's uncharted ground.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

hell, it could even be single stagers

let's go dunsparse and girafarig

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    And give them both mega evolutions!

I love those two. Perhaps my most dear second generation ‘mons.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

Lets Go Dunsparce and Lets Go Shuckle

2x39jD4.jpg
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Let’s Go Eevee and Let’s Go Also Eevee

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Lets Go Dunsparce and Lets Go Shuckle

Please

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• GnomePotionNo9GnomePotionNo9 Registered User new member
    Sorry if I missed it in the thread, but as someone who generally can't make it through the remakes, do you feel like there's a enough new content to justify buying the game? I think my issue is that if it's the same general story I get bored, since the added gameplay gimmicks usually aren't enough to keep my attention.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    My favourite little detail about Blaine in this game
    Is that an npc tells you that his antics are to keep the bored families on the island entertained.

Blaine is rad.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Sorry if I missed it in the thread, but as someone who generally can't make it through the remakes, do you feel like there's a enough new content to justify buying the game? I think my issue is that if it's the same general story I get bored, since the added gameplay gimmicks usually aren't enough to keep my attention.

no, not if thats explicitly what youre looking for

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Let's Go Ralts/Skitty
    Let's Go Riolu/Pachirisu
    Let's Go Emolga/Axew
    Let's Go Dedenne/Goomy
    Let's Go Mimikyu/Togedemaru

Ralts and the Poochyena that chases Prof. Birch

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    give me let's go trubbish or go to hell

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Pokemon Let's Go Trubbish/Pokemon Let's Go to Hell

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Guess I'm going to hell

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Honestly Let's Go Trubbish/Let's Go Vanillish would be the way to go there. Just really stick it to the people who hate those designs

cdci44qazyo3.gif

I don't think you can put Ralts on a cover and reasonably expect to sell any number of the other version

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I think you're vastly overestimating the mass appeal of Ralts

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Let's Go Skiddo and Let's Go Gogoat for advanced players.

They should abandon the generational remakes and do their own thing so we can get stuff like Let's Go Mareep/Let's Go Skiddo (it takes place in a rural setting)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.