As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Marvel Comics Thread Featuring Caving to Neo-Nazis and Wrongful Termination!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Also Man-Wolf sounds rad as hell

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Hey what happens if you send a werewolf to the moon, are we talkin like superwolf or do they just explode or somethin
    You get a Man-Wolf scenario
    xqe3q986v2ei.jpg

Doesn't....doesn't Werewolf literally mean Man-Wolf?

Yeah but Man-Wolf is a name I can own

J. Jonah Jameson's son is not going to be known as just some average werewolf!

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Is Man-Wolf better than The Werewolf By Night

• Options
    Is Man-Wolf better than The Werewolf By Night
    This is

Difficult

Man-Wolf is way more insane and pulpy

But Werewolf By Night is a much better classical werewolf in a superhero world

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I would love another Legion of Monsters series, especially now that its canon that jack and elsa bloodstone dated for a bit

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Living on Marvel's moon would be the worst. Your neighbors are:

A. Dracula. Either old school mildly racist, or legacy of Kain cosplayer

B. The Watcher. And that dude is always watching you. Everywhere. Always.

C. Inhumans (sometimes). Not bad per se but they get blown up every few months or so and that is going to bring property values down for the whole neighborhood.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The Werewolf by Night isn't that impressive--that's no different from most werewolves. Now the Werewolf by Day, that'd be a hook!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Living on Marvel's moon would be the worst. Your neighbors are:

B. The Watcher. And that dude is always watching you. Everywhere. Always.
    I mean, if the Watcher can see you whenever, wherever*, does it really matter if they live next to you or not?

* - We're meant to be together.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    one day i will finish my werewolf story

it takes place in a world where all werewolves have been banished to the moon. for centuries they have remained in wolf form and built wolf societies.

but then, one day, the new york knicks, tired of being awful enact a plan to get an actual teen wolf and pluck one of our werewolf pals off the moon.

we then follow our wolf, now a man for the first time, as they try to navigate the crazy life of not only being human, but one in the nba

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    I now want a Marvel comic that's basically Homer vs. George Bush the new neighbor but with Uatu and Dracula.

Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Well Uuatu is still dead, so you guys should be saying Nick Fury

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Well Uuatu is still dead, so you guys should be saying Nick Fury

Thats so much worse

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    operation: actual teen wolf will sell like gangbusters, it will

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Where can I pre-order?

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    oh you can just give me the money directly

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Excellent.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Captain Marvel looks so good

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Reminds me a lot of that "do you know what you really are" from the amazing spider-man trailers

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    It still gets me that Samuel L. Jackson as Fury began as an artist’s joke years before the first Marvel movie.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Sam does enjoy getting paid to make movies. Any movie!

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    I still can’t get over how good the de-aging tech looks with him.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    one day i will finish my werewolf story

it takes place in a world where all werewolves have been banished to the moon. for centuries they have remained in wolf form and built wolf societies.

but then, one day, the new york knicks, tired of being awful enact a plan to get an actual teen wolf and pluck one of our werewolf pals off the moon.

we then follow our wolf, now a man for the first time, as they try to navigate the crazy life of not only being human, but one in the nba

This is the best idea I’ve read for a movie in a long time.

Maybe ever.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Marvel looks good

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Avengers title reveal and trailer dropping on Wed on Good Morning America.

• Options
    an entire movie about a werewolf society created solely to shit talk the knicks

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Interesting twitter thread regarding the Marvel Netflix cancellations

TL;DR - Dude says it probably has less to do with Disney+ and more to due with them being expensive shows with dropping viewerships, and Netflix doesn't really need a big thing like Marvel now that they have their own empire of stuff. He says Netflix wanted to make the seasons shorter (saving money on their end), but that would mean Disney would make far less. He suggests that neither side wanted to cancel the shows, but they also didn't want to be the ones to spend the money to renew them either.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Why would his tomb be on the moon

because if it's on the dark side of the moon then he doesn't have to worry about sunlight, duh

it would be pretty funny if dracula set up shop on the dark side of the moon assuming it meant the sun never shone on that side, as opposed to it being metaphorically dark because it always faces away from the earth

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    i don't think dracula would move to the dark side of anywhere

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    When Dracula finally returns from the moon. He will be surfing the ravaged shell of a Kree Sentry as he enters reorbit while playing a heavy metal guitar. He will crash land in the middle of time square. Blade and Moon Knight will be there to great him as he emerges from the crater. With barely a look he will throw up the horns and ask Blade "Did you miss me"

The only down side is DIO has transcended to Metal Valhalla and would be unable to play my rendition of Dracula for Marvel.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Unless they changed him back recently, current Dracula is a chump and would never do anything so cool.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I read some Tomb of Dracula this Halloween

I'm not sure if that Dracula was actually cool, or if he was just being hunted by the stupidest humans on Earth

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Unless they changed him back recently, current Dracula is a chump and would never do anything so cool.

There's still a weird Sephiroth-looking guy going around the Marvel Universe pretending to be Dracula, last I checked.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

I wonder if they're going to make the Kree suck at all, because defining them as "race of warrior heroes" is not...super accurate.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    cursedking wrote: »

I wonder if they're going to make the Kree suck at all, because defining them as "race of warrior heroes" is not...super accurate.
    I feel the trailer definitely heavily points at their whole WE FOUND YOU WITH AMNESIA AND SAVED YOU story being...not very true.

They are 100% gonna be shitty

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I mean, the trailer literally ends with Carol denouncing the Kree's war, so they're probably gonna be assholes.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

It is exactly the kind of line you put front and centre of your indoctrination package though.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I don't like the "all heroes have magic insty-masks" thing that the MCU has really doubled down on

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »
    I don't like the "all heroes have magic insty-masks" thing that the MCU has really doubled down on
    Carol's is 100% from the comics though?

Like thats how her costume works

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Ceno wrote: »
    Carol's is 100% from the comics though?

Like thats how her costume works

Sure! I was specifically thinking of Spider-Man. There's something really fundamental to me about the idea of him pulling on a mask that was lost with the Iron Spidey suit in Infinity War. I liked Black Panther's helmet too, but everything is nano-particles now.

This discussion has been closed.