As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What is your religion [chat]?

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Funny thread from Resetera that would be a fun chat game.
    Recast a Movie With Muppets (Keep One Human)

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    12% vs 30% for epic vs steam is like a hella huge deal though. Especially if you're paying license fees for an engine on top of it too.
    Games using any engine will be allowed on the store, though Epic will waive the licence charge for games that use its Unreal Engine.

:exclaim:

Well, hell, why not do what the Japanese did in the 80s? Get all the games in your store by charging 2% and when you're standing over the corpses of your bankrupt competition, charge 40%.

holy shit you can use unreal for 100% free if you're on their store too? JFC that's a deal and a half.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    I don’t shop like a depression era grandmother anymore, that wasn’t so hard a habit to break after grad school. But I still use leftovers like one. That I figured was a habit worth keeping and cultivating. Food does not belong in the trash.

Leftover chicken becomes soup. Leftover vegetables get minced and cooked into omelettes. Leftovers are always eaten preferentially over newly cooked food, doctored to taste better if necessary.

Fruit going off is used for baking not thrown out.

What about the leftover parsley and cilantro that you buy for a recipe that only calls for a few tablespoons and then you forget about it at the bottom of the vegetable drawer until it becomes a liquid?

I made mexican green rice with it last night. Not kidding! I had these exact things from thanksgiving and I made green rice to use them.

Also they make spice pastes in a tube that are pretty great, basically taste like fresh, and they last over a month after opening.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Other
    desc wrote: »
    This is a hell of a thread to steam me thinks, ESPECIALLY for indie games

What if this impacts steam’s bottom line so much that valve is forced to release half life 3 to make up for it

half life three but the battle royale mode is much more popular than the main game

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i don't want to DO THINGS i like NOT DOING THINGS

and my ear has this weird pressure thing about it hm i should see what's going on

poo
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    That jerking off on figurines subreddit
    you should do things instead

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    It's my birthday. I'm gonna gorge on taco bell for lunch and then be really annoyed the whole time at trivia tonight while everybody is giving me attention I don't want.

I realize it's "can't take a compliment" territory, but ugh.

Other
    12% vs 30% for epic vs steam is like a hella huge deal though. Especially if you're paying license fees for an engine on top of it too.
    Games using any engine will be allowed on the store, though Epic will waive the licence charge for games that use its Unreal Engine.

:exclaim:

Well, hell, why not do what the Japanese did in the 80s? Get all the games in your store by charging 2% and when you're standing over the corpses of your bankrupt competition, charge 40%.

I don't say the word 'anti-competitive' lightly, but hmm. Is it?

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »

no u should do them for me

poo
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

What if this impacts steam’s bottom line so much that valve is forced to release half life 3 to make up for it

half life three but the battle royale mode is much more popular than the main game

Battle Royale, but with gravity and portal guns.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    what are you, my mom/therapist

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    The joke option
    Auralynx wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    also the government could mandate that all games pop a message up every thirty minutes urging people to take a break, exercise, and go outside

The FBI could warn us about the dangers of drugs and alcohol during loading-screens again. I've missed that from my life.

Why is America's Army always at the top of the Top Sellers list? That was released in 2004!
    oh god you’re right a government run game store would make video games even more war propagandaish if that’s possible

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    It's my birthday. I'm gonna gorge on taco bell for lunch and then be really annoyed the whole time at trivia tonight while everybody is giving me attention I don't want.

Just rip some Taco Bell farts, there won't be any compliments.

And if there are, well...

nibXTE7.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    It was not immediately clear whether the government’s announcement, which also delayed new vehicle inspection measures and increases in gas and electricity rates, would be enough to calm the demonstrations. Initial reaction from spokesmen for Yellow Vest protesters was negative.

“We’re not satisfied because the French have been struggling for years now,” Benjamin Cauchy, one of the spokesmen, said on BFMTV. “This could have been done weeks ago, and we would have avoided all these problems. Our demands are much bigger than this moratorium. They’ve got to stop hitting the wallets of the small earners. We want a better distribution of wealth, salary increases. It’s about the whole baguette, not just the crumbs.

How can this be an actual French expression

This would be like me saying “it’s about the whole Big Mac, not just the wrapper”

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    "disruption": dismantling functioning institutions with decades or even centuries of established mechanisms and interrelationships, and stripping them for parts, making sure never to consider the actual consequences on real people and especially poor people

I actually think the idea of "disruptive technology" is great in a vacuum and that our institutions should be stripped for parts, the problem is that all of this disruption is working exclusively in the interests of corporate investors and the rich and is being carried out by profit-seeking entities. It is disgusting how much time people in SV spend trying to come up with new problems to solve for rich people when just the tiniest amount of brain power dedicated to people who could actually benefit from it could make massive improvements in their lives.

Institutions should not be stripped for parts. Institutions play crucial roles in a functioning society that supports people both inside and outside its borders.

The fact is that institutions function under a kind of selective pressure. Old, established institutions can have an enormous number of processes and interdependent functions, a massive amount of institutional knowledge and methods for succession and knowledge transfer, etc etc.

When you try to dismantle or radically reform an institution, you risk compromising those functions and destroying that knowledge. We're seeing this happen right in front of us.

There is a reason conservative approaches exist (real conservative approaches, as in, conserving existing institutions) and it's because intervention isn't always a good idea, especially when it's carried out with little knowledge of the institution in question. Protecting existing, vital functions is as important as improving functions that are faltering.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Wait

I smell money

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @Atomika

To answer your question, I took some time away. And I went to Bali. It was pretty amazing.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The joke option
    It was not immediately clear whether the government’s announcement, which also delayed new vehicle inspection measures and increases in gas and electricity rates, would be enough to calm the demonstrations. Initial reaction from spokesmen for Yellow Vest protesters was negative.

“We’re not satisfied because the French have been struggling for years now,” Benjamin Cauchy, one of the spokesmen, said on BFMTV. “This could have been done weeks ago, and we would have avoided all these problems. Our demands are much bigger than this moratorium. They’ve got to stop hitting the wallets of the small earners. We want a better distribution of wealth, salary increases. It’s about the whole baguette, not just the crumbs.

This would be like me saying “it’s about the whole Big Mac, not just the wrapper”

Hey! Try and steal my catchphrase and I'll sic my lawyers on you.

Other

Portal Royale would be great

Also 4v1 Portal where one person is GLaDOS vs four test subjects.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    Origin has the better customer service by such a wide margin Steam and Valve aren't even on the chart.

@visiblehowl

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

This would be like me saying “it’s about the whole Big Mac, not just the sawdust”

The joke option

or "you can't have your cake and eat it too"

edited December 2018
    Shark, I don’t think you’ve ever said so much as a word about another person’s weight. You just aren’t that kind of guy. But if you did.

if. you. did.

I would end you.

is it a mitigating factor if I state I was doing this not to gain weight but just to maintain my grossly underfed body on a super thin budget because I was somehow supporting porp (her parents cut her off when she decided to go to school out in NC to be close to me) at the same time via a combination of her part time job, some loans, my tutoring job and my other job as a human lab rat down at the business school and psychology school

Did you go off your school meal plan? Don't most schools have an all you can eat cafeteria?

my school only had the all you can eat, cafeteria style meal plan freshman year. porp didn't move down until sophomore year, since she initially went into the army.

Sir Landshark on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Just Cause 4 looks fun, but it'll probably run like ass and have another memory leak.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    The joke option
    Preacher wrote: »
    Just Cause 4 looks fun, but it'll probably run like ass and have another memory leak, just 'cause

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »

Just rip some Taco Bell farts, there won't be any compliments.

And if there are, well...

quality problem solving, thank you

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Origin has the better customer service by such a wide margin Steam and Valve aren't even on the chart.

Uh

This has not been my experience! At all! In fact it's the complete opposite!

I haven't used Origin support in a while though, but steam support lately has seemed pretty good.

Remember when I lost access to my account for almost a year because steam support didn't want to call my credit card company that blocked payment and I basically had to threaten valve with a lawsuit to get them to actually deal with it?

Walter made a one time exception for me. Good ol' walter!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Funny thread from Resetera that would be a fun chat game.
    Recast a Movie With Muppets (Keep One Human)

Alien, keeping the main lady that gets alien preggo

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Other

Do you...eat the wrapper?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Just Cause 4 looks fun, but it'll probably run like ass and have another memory leak.

I haven't seen anything but I enjoyed 2 and 3. As long as they understand the core concept of I want to blow shit up then we're good.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    a day of rest for my legs
    no walking or biking
    unfortunately its evening and they are still so sore
    but I really like biking to work every day
    i am now trying icy hot and ibuprofen
    also ate a bunch of protein

The joke option
    ‘Kong’ [Skull Island] Director Tackling ‘Console Wars’ TV Show

Vogt-Roberts is working on a TV adaptation of the video game history book Console Wars. [...] Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo and the Battle that Defined a Generation spans a wide period of time in the histories of Sega, Nintendo, and later rivals like Sony. But its centerpiece is the brutal battle between 16-bit hardware titans the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo, specifically the underdog struggle of American Sega executive Thomas Kalinske. It’s definitely a book we’d recommend if you want to learn more about a fascinating slice of video game history, but we found author Blake J. Harris’s writing a little fake and overly dramatic. It’s like it was always meant to be a film project.

Ooh I am (Ninten)down for this

https://www.geek.com/games/kong-director-tackling-console-wars-tv-show-1763405/

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The joke option
    Why buy Just Cause 4 when Just Cause 2 is $5 now?

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I don’t shop like a depression era grandmother anymore, that wasn’t so hard a habit to break after grad school. But I still use leftovers like one. That I figured was a habit worth keeping and cultivating. Food does not belong in the trash.

Leftover chicken becomes soup. Leftover vegetables get minced and cooked into omelettes. Leftovers are always eaten preferentially over newly cooked food, doctored to taste better if necessary.

Fruit going off is used for baking not thrown out.

What about the leftover parsley and cilantro that you buy for a recipe that only calls for a few tablespoons and then you forget about it at the bottom of the vegetable drawer until it becomes a liquid?

I made mexican green rice with it last night. Not kidding! I had these exact things from thanksgiving and I made green rice to use them.

Also they make spice pastes in a tube that are pretty great, basically taste like fresh, and they last over a month after opening.

I've seen those but I never trust them. How does one translate a tablespoon of parsley paste to a bunch of parsley? Does it come with a conversion chart?

They do have a rough conversion on the tube but honestly, parsley isn’t exactly a fiddly strong flavor that’s easy to overdo :P

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    The joke option
    just 'cause

Shark, I don’t think you’ve ever said so much as a word about another person’s weight. You just aren’t that kind of guy. But if you did.

if. you. did.

I would end you.

is it a mitigating factor if I state I was doing this not to gain weight but just to maintain my grossly underfed body on a super thin budget because I was somehow supporting porp (her parents cut her off when she decided to go to school out in NC to be close to me) at the same time via a combination of her part time job, some loans, my tutoring job and my other job as a human lab rat down at the business school and psychology school

Did you go off your school meal plan? Don't most schools have an all you can eat cafeteria?

my school only had all you can eat freshman year. porp didn't move down until sophomore year, since she initially went into the army.

Interesting. At my school, most people went off campus (literally just 5-10 minutes walking distance from the dorms) after freshman/sophmore year. But after Ultimate practice, we would have the freshman swipe us into the all you can eat cafeteria. I think at that point it cost a "block" and each block was worth $5.50. Pretty good deal! It was especially fun after layout practice in the rain.

our practices were from 7:30-10pm tues/thurs and then 8-10 sat, but the Saturday practice was at the main campus, which is a ~30 minute bus ride from the freshman campus on the weekend

on weekdays the practices were on the freshman campus, but the meal hall would be closed by 10pm. im honestly not sure the freshman could have swiped us in anyways. I think we would have had to swipe ourselves, and then get our account charged the $7 or whatever it was.

• BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I said free to play, not free! Lootbox dongs!

Pay $1.99 to give Phyllis female presenting nipples. Until you pay, she's smooth all over like a Barbie doll.

Do you really think you can give up the Barbie doll fetishists market?!

Have do you even plan to make money with that kind of model?

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Because you could get DOUBLE the Just Cause for only TEN TIMES the price

It's a bargain, act fast!

edited December 2018
    fM6w9H8l.jpg

Thomamelas on
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    a day of rest for my legs
    no walking or biking
    unfortunately its evening and they are still so sore
    but I really like biking to work every day
    i am now trying icy hot and ibuprofen
    also ate a bunch of protein

It's never my legs that need a break from biking. It's always my butt!
    everyone talks about biking hurting their trundle but I am 100% okay on that front
    but my thighs are incredibly incredibly stiff and sore after a full week of biking every day

This discussion has been closed.