As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A thread presumably about [Giant Bomb]

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    oh man Jeff comes THIS close to going all fucking in on Fallout 76 in this bombcast and it has me super excited for categories involving heat and messes

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    "Save it for GOTY"

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    I really loved Jan being with the GBeast crew during the Beastcast last week. He has good chemistry with that crew.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Alex and Jeff have known each other since they were teenagers, so there's also that to work off of.
    They do some of their best riffing on their streamed drives while Alex is in town, really.

• Options
    Alex and Jeff have known each other since they were teenagers, so there's also that to work off of.
    They do some of their best riffing on their streamed drives while Alex is in town, really.

Have they been doing the Mixlr drive streams this time? I know last time I was in chat and got them to talk about Finnish rock bands that Bam Margera liked.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    It's too bad Alex sat out on today's Bombcast, but there's only so much room around that table...

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    It's too bad Alex sat out on today's Bombcast, but there's only so much room around that table...

I assume Alex was playing one of the year's late releases for some sort of consideration in GOTY discussions?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    They implied everybody in the office is playing releases from earlier this year (mostly Tetris) for GOTY consideration

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    They probably just didn't want to cram 9 bodies into a small room for 3 hours. Though they did have an extra seat/mic set up for him.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular

Have they been doing the Mixlr drive streams this time? I know last time I was in chat and got them to talk about Finnish rock bands that Bam Margera liked.
    Yeah, about half of the drives have been broadcast, mostly the morning drives (right at lunch time for us on the East Coast).

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Even though I don’t get to the site much I usually know what’s going on. Somehow I missed that GBeast has been doing GTA Online together. That sounds awesome.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Even though I don’t get to the site much I usually know what’s going on. Somehow I missed that GBeast has been doing GTA Online together. That sounds awesome.

It sounded like it could be something they have banked for the holidays.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular

I think it's something they've hinted at going on behind the scenes for quite some time! Seems like doing engaging content for GTA has been very difficult. I wonder why tho.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular

I think it's something they've hinted at going on behind the scenes for quite some time! Seems like doing engaging content for GTA has been very difficult. I wonder why tho.

It's because you need to actively capture feed from 4 different people doing different things. It would absolutely require a lot of work in post to stitch everything together in a narrative way that makes sense. Not to mention the logistics of having four people play (which probably requires that at least a couple of them capture video from home - which brings its own challenges.

That being said, it's not an impossible task by any means and others have done it. It would be very different from anything GB has done in the past though.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Oh ok, got it. I thought this was stuff they had already posted. I’m not completely out of the loop then.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    They've been talking about it for awhile, mostly about the idea that they want to do something with it and also putting it into something watchable is maybe a nightmare.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    I really loved Jan being with the GBeast crew during the Beastcast last week. He has good chemistry with that crew.

Jan’s cutaways to himself with that *sigh....Dan* look were great on this weeks bombcast.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Stuff like that makes me wish I could tune into the live shows. I guess I could watch them later but the podcast is good for keeping me company in the car.

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    I like how they went from Ben's serious and genuine self help book email response to Jan wanting to do a book about rap ad libs.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Stuff like that makes me wish I could tune into the live shows. I guess I could watch them later but the podcast is good for keeping me company in the car.

For as many good cutaways as there are (and there are many, all hail Jan) he can also get a little too over zealous with changing the camera angles which gives me a headache.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    I sure hope they haven't finished recording Hottest Mess.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I saw that even the form to request the replacement bag didn't work properly, with typos and upload errors. But that's just ridiculous.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Holy shit that's amazing and awful. The cascade of failures necessary for those support requests to get routed to a user is..

Payment information? Fuuuuuuuuuuu...

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Oh my god that is... amazing

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Bethesda so bad

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    That's easily fakeable without some sort of verification. No company could be that stupid, could they?

Edit: I've seen the screenshots. My God.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    I still say TellTale wins hottest mess, but Fallout 76 is coming in with a surprisingly strong second place finish.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    That's easily fakeable without some sort of verification. No company could be that stupid, could they?

Edit: I've seen the screenshots. My God.

Considering the state of their games, this does not surprise me.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Bethesda is campaigning hard for that hottest mess award. How can they follow this one up?
    TellTale is like bad management with shitty regard for their workers. It’s terrible but it took some pretty straightforward bad behavior to make it happen. The FO76 is so many unforced errors one after the other. It’s hard to wrap your head around.

• Options
    Telltale and game industry mismanagement as a whole for Please Stop?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Like, all the cruft around Fallout 76 is incredible, but when you take into account it's also a widely panned game and just woof.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

I'm glad, because Twitter can be such a miserable place all the time.

• Options
    Listening to the latest Ryckert Family Podcast and man, if you ever want to make Dan sound like the a regular dude, just put him in a conversation with his dad.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Jeffs face when he asked Dan “Do you know why you boil water?”

That whole bit had me laughing.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    The sound of the air wooshing over his head afterwards could be heard for miles around

I was also reasonably impressed that both vinny and jeff had a strong understanding of how UV light kills bacteria - feel like they often coach thing in a lot of "as I understand" or not willing to commit to definitive science talk on the a videogame podcast, but they both just jumped in there with a confident explanation - was refreshing

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    I actually don't know if I knew the answer. Guess I never really thought about it.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Listening to the latest Ryckert Family Podcast and man, if you ever want to make Dan sound like the a regular dude, just put him in a conversation with his dad.

I used to like listening to those Dan and Dad podcasts, but I've definitely gotten my fill of Paul and just fucking can't with those two together anymore.

• Options

I used to like listening to those Dan and Dad podcasts, but I've definitely gotten my fill of Paul and just fucking can't with those two together anymore.

When you catch one that has Bianca on them, they're pretty good. She's usually good for helping ground the other two.