As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mueller Investigation] Where there's smock, there's liar.

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Everyone assumed Flynn was turbofucked and he was assisting to save his son from prison time right?

That he was able to help so hard Mueller is recommending no prison time, that's ominous for someone and delightful for me. Someone's asshole just clenched so tightly LIGO and VIRGO made another discovery.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I do wonder they delayed this sentencing before right? Were they waiting for the trump answers?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I do wonder they delayed this sentencing before right? Were they waiting for the trump answers?

Probably investigating leads Flynn gave them for confirmation. It seems Flynn was truthful so once his leads bore fruit they pressured him for more and then explored them checking back with him.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I worry we’re being too optimistic on this. Like all they had for sure was the lying to the fbi right? We assumed turbo fucked with the turkey kidnapping stuff but we don’t know for sure

If all they had was lying to the fbi then I mean look at what cover boy George p got? 2 weeks?

So I dunno that for sure is some super sign trump is screwed

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I worry we’re being too optimistic on this. Like all they had for sure was the lying to the fbi right? We sssumrd turbo fucked with the turkey kidnapping stuff but we don’t know fir sure

If all they had was lying to the fbi then I mean look at what cover boy George p got? 2 weeks?

So I dunno that zero is some super sign trump is screwed

Pretty sure they had more than that.

What I'd be worried about is what the gop decides to do to distract from this news

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I worry we’re being too optimistic on this. Like all they had for sure was the lying to the fbi right? We sssumrd turbo fucked with the turkey kidnapping stuff but we don’t know fir sure

What I'd be worried about is what the gop decides to do to distract from this news

they had more. Trump put himself in the shit early in the administration defending Flynn. Firing Comey was partly about trying to get the pressure off him. He refused to get rid of Flynn at first.

He had something on Trump Sr. or the kids, or Trump would have let him hang.

spool32 on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Here’s a handy link to the memo by the way, courtesy of Buzzfeed news’ legal editor

It’s in two parts, the main memo and an addendum (which has most of the redacted bits)

I know he's too professional to do it, but I really wish they would have had something with "Individual 1" visible in a field of redacted text just to fuck with people.

• Options
    Just because all they did charge him with was lying does not mean all they could charge him with was lying.

Not only would other charges give away knowledge to people still being investigated but you couldn’t like plop down a list of numerous offenses and then be like “we recommend nothing”.

• Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Just because all they did charge him with was lying does not mean all they could charge him with was lying.

Not only would other charges give away knowledge to people still being investigated but you couldn’t like plop down a list of numerous offenses and then be like “we recommend nothing”.

Also all the other charges are things you hold over his head to make sure he cooperates fully and honestly (for example the stuff they're hitting Manafort with).

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Investigative Journalist Scott Stedman of the Guardian/Atlantic noticed that “President Donald J. Trump” as he is referred to in other parts of the filing is a character space perfect match for the redaction bar in front of Criminal Investigation.

This brings me a warmth and comfort typically brought by Jamison whiskey.

Viskod on
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »

they had more. Trump put himself in the shit early in the administration defending Flynn. Firing Comey was partly about trying to get the pressure off him. He refused to get rid of Flynn at first.

He had something on Trump Sr. or the kids, or Trump would have let him hang.

Spool has a really good thought here

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    An investigative reporter with USA Today notes that Flynn has assisted “with several ongoing investigations”, including one which does not appear to be related to the Russia investigation which is entirely blacked out.

Don’t forget, Mike Flynn attempted to kidnap a Turkish exile legally living in Pennsylvania and ransom him to dictator Reycip Erdogan.

Could be related to that.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    An investigative reporter with USA Today notes that Flynn has assisted “with several ongoing investigations”, including one which does not appear to be related to the Russia investigation which is entirely blacked out.

Don’t forget, Mike Flynn attempted to kidnap a Turkish exile legally living in Pennsylvania and ransom him to dictator Reycip Erdogan.

It could be related to a lot of things. Narrowing down which criminal act we are talking about regarding the former National Security Advisor to the President of the United States involves a very long list.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I love how all the stuff with Manafort and Papadopolous was so public and took up so much of Trump's attention that Flynn apparently quietly gave up everything while he was distracted.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    Tynnan wrote: »
    Time to register .either as a top-level domain, I suppose.

Wouldn't that take ICANN to approve?

My sister works for them!

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular

Wait what.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular

He was also involved with that whole Saudi-Israeli-US-Russia nuclear power scheme.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/michael-flynns-role-in-middle-eastern-nuclear-project-could-compound-legal-issues/2017/11/26/51ce7ec8-ce18-11e7-81bc-c55a220c8cbe_story.html?noredirect=on

Not to suggest that Israel, KSA, a US PMC, or a sanctioned Russian arms dealer might have tried to play fast and loose with the rules over something like that.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

at the very least, working for a foreign poewr without disclosing it (or whatever the correct phrasing is) re: turkey right?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Michael Flynn is Sammy Gravano. He's Al Capone's accountant. He's the facilitator. He's not necessarily the guy who committed all the crimes, he's just the guy who knows who committed all the crimes. It's why all his lies were about money, he was being paid for access. With Mueller running this like a Mafia roll-up it makes sense, Flynn's the guy you get first because he's the guy who gives you everyone.

When he took down John Gotti, Mueller gave Gravano no time and witness protection despite having admitted to 19 murders. Letting 19 murders go got him the leadership of one of the largest organized crime organizations on Earth. So I don't think it would be remiss to assume that based on whatever Flynn gave Mueller in exchange for his freedom, Mueller is anticipating a similar outcome.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Reading the addendum closely, Flynn provided testimony to 3 investigations.

1 - A criminal investigation not run by Mueller because the first mention of Special Counsel Office follows it including its abbreviation definition as ("SCO")

2 The Mueller probe

3 An investigation that is not run by the SCO because the subtitle of the details of the Mueller probe cooperation is only "The Special Counsel Office Investigation" as opposed to one that might differentiate it from this redacted investigation if both were SCO run
    ed
    To make it clearer:
    SCO defined, standardly done on first mention of term.
    izcggeak3xae.png
    2nd investigation broadly described as "The Special Counsel's Office Investigation" as opposed to "The Special Counsel's Office Investigation into X"
    9c8idxr5kzat.png
    New investigation that can't be "The Special Counsel's Office Investigation" so it must be run by some other prosecutor (or may be civil or counterintelligence or something else non-obvious).
    zyhqv2ywiyu2.png

The funniest speculation on #3 is Jill Stein

edit2
    I think the i clearly suggests a ii on investigation #2 and there's clearly a space for it. Since i involves the Transition team and Russia and Flynn has very little time in the actual Administration, it seems like to be in relationship to the obstruction portion.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    I saw it brought up somewhere that things are moving faster ever since that take home test Trump wrote his answers for. To think, they originally wanted to ask those directly a YEAR ago. Has Mueller been waiting a year for this to happen, waiting to catch Manafort and Trump in a perjury trap?

Trump praises Stone for not cooperating. Mueller recommends no jail time for Flynn for cooperating. That's stone cold.

To be a fly on the wall....

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Evigilant wrote: »
    I saw it brought up somewhere that things are moving faster ever since that take home test Trump wrote his answers for. To think, they originally wanted to ask those directly a YEAR ago. Has Mueller been waiting a year for this to happen, waiting to catch Manafort and Trump in a perjury trap?

Trump praises Stone for not cooperating. Mueller recommends no jail time for Flynn for cooperating. That's stone cold.

To be a fly on the wall....

Also, this all sped up again after the election.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Staff writer for The Atlantic is quoting the memo now. It’s pitching a low sentence, citing Flynn’s “substantial assistance” and other considerations.

Shit, they're recommending no jail time for Flynn? He better have given them the fucking playbook for this con-artist of a president.

According to the tweets I’m seeing from the investigative reporter with USA Today... yeah pretty much it looks like he did.

Trump Jr. and Kushner are probably going to be the next people indicted. Junior would likely be the first target because he's the bigger moron. However, if Mueller has something on Ivanka Kushner would likely flip to save her. The next few weeks are going to get really interesting.

Jared kushner is a self serving moron just like his father in law and as such i seriously doubt he has either the nobility or selflessness to sacrifice himself for Ivanka.

On the other hand, I can totally see ivanka and all the rest selling his ass out in a heart beat if he posed a threat to the trumps and they thought they could blame the whole thing on him...

• Options
    edited December 2018
    jokes on Mueller as they can't arrest a husband and wife for the same crime

Variable on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

Given their propensity for apparently doing “all the crime”, I don’t think that’ll be much of an impediment.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

If I'm reading Ivanka correctly with the bits and pieces exposed that she's done with is shady AF (like her dealing with the Revolutionary Guard etc) Mueller may not have to. The both seem to be doing things for Trump's admin separately which should be enough to nail them either on the federal or state level. Not to mention Ivanka's been working for Trump's company for a long time, which is another aspect for Mueller to pin her with since the only reason his company has gone so long without harsher legal troubles is because nobody bothered looking. She may be involved in the this.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/michael-cohen-pleads-guilty-manhattan-federal-court-eight-counts-including-criminal-tax

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    sorry that was purely to quote arrested development, don't take me seriously.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Not even for light treason?

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

Ignorance of Arrested Development memes is 5/7 of the law.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I got that reference.

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Via Ken White:

"Several senior members of the transition team publicly repeated false information conveyed to them by the defendant about communications between him and the Russian ambassador regarding the sanctions."

Is that Pence? I guess it's time to go back through the transition team member tweets to see what this is referring to.

This is my hope, that Flynn's concert gave Team Mueller enough to guarantee Pence's doom.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    WaPo reporter:

What’s that they are always saying: “always talk to the FBI without your lawyer?” Yes, I’m pretty sure that’s how that goes.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Aegis wrote: »
    Via Ken White:

"Several senior members of the transition team publicly repeated false information conveyed to them by the defendant about communications between him and the Russian ambassador regarding the sanctions."

Is that Pence? I guess it's time to go back through the transition team member tweets to see what this is referring to.

This is my hope, that Flynn's concert gave Team Mueller enough to guarantee Pence's doom.

Even though it absolutely would never get past the senate... the idea of Trump and Pence both being booted out by the new Congress next year is a nice one. Though I'd settle for "resigned on account of jail"

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    WaPo reporter:

What’s that they are always saying: “always talk to the FBI without your lawyer?” Yes, I’m pretty sure that’s how that goes.

That reads like the first page in a techno thriller novel.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

I don’t know that trump has committed any bird crimes though

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2018
    Do we know what constitutes a "senior transition official"? I know that "senior administration official" as regards the White House, for example, can potentially refer to hundreds of people. If the definition of Senior Transition Official is comparable, it might not be anyone we know.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

If I'm reading Ivanka correctly with the bits and pieces exposed that she's done with is shady AF (like her dealing with the Revolutionary Guard etc) Mueller may not have to. The both seem to be doing things for Trump's admin separately which should be enough to nail them either on the federal or state level. Not to mention Ivanka's been working for Trump's company for a long time, which is another aspect for Mueller to pin her with since the only reason his company has gone so long without harsher legal troubles is because nobody bothered looking. She may be involved in the this.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/michael-cohen-pleads-guilty-manhattan-federal-court-eight-counts-including-criminal-tax

Every member of the Trump family is deep in hugely illegal stuff. They were all out there making deals with shady characters in foreign countries trying to pimp the Trump brand after he could no longer secure loans state-side.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Do we know what constitutes a "senior transition official"? I know that "senior administration official" as regards the White House, for example, can potentially refer to hundreds of people. If the definition of Senior Transition Official is comparable, it might not be anyone we know.

The primary document cites Pence on Face the Nation.

But it just indicates Pence repeated a lie told to him by Flynn which (unfortunately) doesn't seem incriminating in itself

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

I don’t know that trump has committed any bird crimes though

Maybe not bird crimes. But definitely "Byrd crimes", at least pre-recantation.

Cause Robert Byrd was able to feel shame and admit mistakes. Individual1 doesn't appear capable of either.

This discussion has been closed.