As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    OMG. After weeks of getting crap on the Relic Draw:
    v422z5cw524o.png

She's a magic user right? Shit I might have a Dark Magic Team in my hands.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yep, she's a Dark Magic user, with a focus on Imperil Dark.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm waffling on who to use for a general defensive passive magicite to bring to all fights.

Famfrit blocks Fire, which is probably the most common element, so his passive would be useless less of the time. His Ultra Skill is pretty bad though.

Phoenix blocks Ice, which is less common, but his Ultra Skill is one of the most useful.

Basically: Famfrit w/Dampen Fire, Spell Ward, Blade Ward, Health Boon

or

Phoenix w/Dampen Ice, Health Boon, Blade Ward, Spell Ward.

I'll probably have an additional one of each, regardless, to specifically block Fire and Ice:

Famfrit Dampen Fire x2, Spell Ward, Blade Ward
    Phoenix Dampen Ice x2, Health Boon, Spell Ward

Decisions, decisions.

Do whatever is easiest because wards are going to be a lot less useful and recommended when they apply before damage cap.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I don’t really agree with that. How often are you taking attacks that pre-wards are over 10k? Not very for me, unless I’m running last stand strats and then who cares about wards.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Ok Ixion. How do you deal with that dispel? It's soooooooooooooo annoying. And when he goes Evasion should I just defend? Man I really wanted to go Earth Physical on this fight.

Also, should I even bring Shellga to this fight?

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Knight_ wrote: Β»
    I don’t really agree with that. How often are you taking attacks that pre-wards are over 10k? Not very for me, unless I’m running last stand strats and then who cares about wards.

That's a deceptive way of asking because you wouldn't know if you are being hit over 9999.

Run a 5 star without any magicite and see if they hit you for 9999. You are probably being hit for over 9999.

Ok Ixion. How do you deal with that dispel? It's soooooooooooooo annoying. And when he goes Evasion should I just defend? Man I really wanted to go Earth Physical on this fight.

You need to have party blink. Arc SSB gives it to you on the AA draws. That's how I beat it.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

Pblink blocks it

• Options
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

The Dispel can be blocked with Physical Blink. When he goes Evasion keep attacking anyway, you might still hit.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»

That's a deceptive way of asking because you wouldn't know if you are being hit over 9999.

Run a 5 star without any magicite and see if they hit you for 9999. You are probably being hit for over 9999.

There are specific numbers you expect to see if Blade Ward/Spell Ward are reducing capped damage (9199 for Ward 8, 8799 for Ward 8+8). It's extremely rare that I see those numbers. What I do see is enemies that spam attacks for 4000 or 5000 (grumble XIV torment) and wards are going to be as good as ever there (which is to say, very good)

• Options
    edited December 2018
    What are the numbers for ward 8+8 +10 elemental dampen + 10 elemental dampen?

I guess this is all academic because by the time this change happens hopefully we will be killing everything before it has a chance to move with absurdly OP 4th anniversary weapons.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    oh man, do I really need to level up Arc? grrrr...

• Options
    Do you have another blink? You can also apparently try breaking ixon a ton but that didn't work for me.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    oh man, do I really need to level up Arc? grrrr...

Depending on what you can get for him and how you do your team building, Arc is pretty good.

• Options
    He gets Dualcast White with legend dive, IIRC.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular

I guess this is all academic because by the time this change happens hopefully we will be killing everything before it has a chance to move with absurdly OP 4th anniversary weapons.

Elemental Dampen already works the "bad" way. Blade Ward and Spell Ward are the only ones that are cheating with respect to the damage cap.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

You need to have party blink. Arc SSB gives it to you on the AA draws. That's how I beat it.

i'm fairly certain they are not hitting me for over 9999 because my most ward heavy 5* magicite decks currently use a single blade ward and i would never survive a hit for 9k anyway.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Fry wrote: Β»

Elemental Dampen already works the "bad" way. Blade Ward and Spell Ward are the only ones that are cheating with respect to the damage cap.

Really? Hmm. I guess I don't spend enough time on the reddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMNJuSl91qY

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

Two wards and two dampens would reduce damage to 74.8% of normal.

By the by, rules of thumb for damage, from this thread.
    pintbox wrote:
    Rule-of-thumb damage estimation

Since Boss has very fixed stats, there's an easy way to quickly estimate the damage of each move, before any accessory/magicite/stat change, so that you know what move is the most dangerous. These formula applies to D280 and D???: they have same ATK/MAG, but D280 has lower multiplier.

Non-piercing and you have Protectga/Shellga (350 base DEF/RES): 600 * multiplier. Example: Cuculainn Unholy Dark 1062%*600=6000.

Non-piercing, wall only: 1000 * multiplier. Example: Cuculainn Unholy Dark 1062%*1000=10620.

Magical piercing: 1000 * multiplier. Example: Cuculainn Bioga 534%*1000=5340.

Physical piercing: 2000 * multiplier. Example: Gilgamesh Zantetsuken 578%*2000=11400.

This is obviously an extremely crude way of estimating stuff, but it allows you to estimate damage without resorting to a full actual damage calculator. Remember that you can and should mitigate all these attacks with accessories and magicite, and it might be worth it to reduce the damage further with breaks.

Mister P's PDF has a lookup table for damage, and what monster ATK and MAG translate to for multipliers, if you want to get more precise.

The worst attacks are anything normal without Wall, then Physical piercing over 500% or Magical piercing over 1000%, for the most part.

• Options
    Snagged Golbez BSB1 on the Daily today. I've already got his BSB2 and USB, but an extra +10 is always nice. Also a +dark rod; +element always nice to have.

It's a shame tanking characters are basically irrelevant in almost all content these days. Drawtaliate really poisoned that well big time.

• Options
    New even worse madness MP boss tonight: FF14 Ifrit, recreated more faithfully than ever to his FF14 Raid form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdcWylrKtDE

• Options
    Is that the gil only super boss or one that has rewards?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Ashe is the next recipient of AASB

Ashe gets an AASB: "Northswain's Thunder" (BLK: 15x single Lightning/NE; self en-Lightning, "Lightning Awaken", Break Damage Cap lvl1, "Lightning Slash")
    Lightning Awaken: Abilities that include Lightning do not consume hones; rank boost (Lightning); auto w-cast lightning.
    Lightning Slash: After using 3 Lightning abilities, chases with single Lightning/NE Overflow magic attack

So Terra, minus quickcast, plus overflow, but able to technically cover one more element (There's no fire/water combo abilities Terra can use).

• Options
    She also gets a new USB that spreads high quickcast to back row mages.

Larsa's USB2 is kind of nuts too. 0CT H85 with party high quickcast 2; but his chase is party 1k and esuna on any White Magic OR Support. Healing and esuna via Wrath? OK!

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    She also gets a new USB that spreads high quickcast to back row mages.

Larsa's USB2 is kind of nuts too. 0CT H85 with party high quickcast 2; but his chase is party 1k and esuna on any White Magic OR Support. Healing and esuna via Wrath? OK!

It basically gives him silence immunity, too, since silence doesn't block Wrath.

• Options
    Question. Since it seems I still have some time to go until I can farm Evrae (currently farming Ixion!), I see a lot of people suggest Evrae for my 4th and 5th slot. Until I get them, any suggestions? Maybe Isgebind for Physical Teams?

• Options
    It really depends what are in slots 1-3

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Question. Since it seems I still have some time to go until I can farm Evrae (currently farming Ixion!), I see a lot of people suggest Evrae for my 4th and 5th slot. Until I get them, any suggestions? Maybe Isgebind for Physical Teams?

If you already have yourself set up with defensive guys, then I'd say swap in whatever other Magicite would be relevant for that team's offense. ATK or MAG boon and the relevant elemental boon are optins that can't really go wrong. Precise Strikes is always nice for physical teams.

• Options
    Decided to make the wind thief 6* in anticipation of today's torment. Wheee!

Looks like wind crystals are my new priority.

• Options
    Echo's proving fun. Took an Ice team with her in it for a test drive on Tiamat, and it eventually got a sub-30. She was doing 9999x4 with Voltech under a strong Ice chain, which is about all I can ask for for a non-focused BLM character without dualcast.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Question - what did everyone inherit on Hades? ATK/MAG buffs and Fast Act, I'm guessing?

• Options
    I didn’t even bother getting any of my four star dark to 99. Bigger fish to fry.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I haven’t actually inhereted Hades or Necrophobe either. I just field him when I need to run a Dark team. More so now that I’m using Mark of Darkness and Exdeath for Imperil Dark.

• Options
    So I almost have this Belias clear figured out. I'm running Onion Knight instead of Rydia, and Palom instead of Vivi, but it runs out of gas for the last 20%. Maybe I should condense the two good Water Black magic on one character, and hone an Ogopogo and Lunar Leviathan for Rydia, whose BSB2 I have, but who I haven't Legend Dived yet. Otherwise I'm going to end up need R4 Voltech, R4 Waterja, and a R4-5 Waterga plus another R3-4 one. Feels like honing the two summons would be cheaper, save spending the Rubies.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: Β»
    Question - what did everyone inherit on Hades? ATK/MAG buffs and Fast Act, I'm guessing?

I did one ATK and one MAG, yeah.

• Options
    IX torment 280 down sub 30.

He hits pretty hard.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: Β»

He hits pretty hard.

You are not kidding. I brought in Relm as a ringer, and just barely survived my kill of the part 1. I'm not sure how I'd even approach part 2; I think I would need to bring in Tyro and Relm, and I'm worried that that would result in the boss getting too many buffs.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    Jragghen wrote: Β»

He hits pretty hard.

You are not kidding. I brought in Relm as a ringer, and just barely survived my kill of the part 1. I'm not sure how I'd even approach part 2; I think I would need to bring in Tyro and Relm, and I'm worried that that would result in the boss getting too many buffs.

Poison resist helped a lot early on, but late fight he still hits like a truck.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    IX is one of my weakest realm and hoo boy it shows. Part 1 was fine but I got roflstomped on the 280, even with Elarra as a ringer.

Guess I should consider pulling on a IX banner one of these days, or at the very least deffo on the RoP. I've got Quina and, well that's pretty much my best IX character. Bunch of bursts and ssbs after that.

Edit: speaking of, upcoming event in Japan is going to be IX. Garnet AOSB, new USBs for Vivi, Steiner, and Amarant.

Vivi gets 10 ST Ice/Water/Lightning/NE, quickcast, EX Black Mage: increasing Mag and 6 hit chase on black magic, 10 hit chase when mode ends.

Steiner is 10 Fire/Lightning/Ice/NE, instant cast 1 to party, Pluto Tri Strike: when hitting weakness, fire/lightning/ice +10%, 6 hit chase

Amarant: 0CT 10 Fire/Lightning/NE ST, imperil fire and lightning, Monk high quickcast 2 to self.

I think this is the first dual imperil, interesting.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    Read an interesting post on the reddit by a JP player saying basically difficulty keeps increasing with no real way to powercreep forward other than getting an AAOSB, and the difference between having one and not is disgusting. I'm thinking of skipping ROP to save more mythril for getting one. I'm broken up about it, the value of ROP is extreme but seems like you really need to get those relics.

38thDoE on steam

This discussion has been closed.