As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Troubled Tidings in Threshold Town[Phalla]- Finished Masters and Coroner Victory

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Mamawolf is replacing locus

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Welp! Time to get reading to attempt to catch up on what is going on!! Good thing I have off today haha

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    !MamaWolf ahaha did you see what I did there

(It's called a placeholder)

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Looking at the player list, it doesn't look like anyone else has come back to life.

The fact that there is a Morgue and a separate Memorial for Virgil makes me wonder if a "bring you back" power is out there. Though, maybe it was attached to someone who is now dead?

• Options
    Alrighty, caught up on reading. Still not quite sure I understand, seeing as I am really rusty.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    Wildcat wrote: »
    !MamaWolf ahaha did you see what I did there

(It's called a placeholder)

Wildcat Yes yes you did see!!

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Looking at the player list, it doesn't look like anyone else has come back to life.

The fact that there is a Morgue and a separate Memorial for Virgil makes me wonder if a "bring you back" power is out there. Though, maybe it was attached to someone who is now dead?

It's possible. When I died I was given the option to make a death post, and be out of the game like normal, or say nothing in the hopes that I get brought back.

Morgue = bring backable, Memorial = actually dead

Virgil is the only one to ghost post from what I have noticed.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Yo mayor that's some anti-democratic bullshit and you should justify your actions immediately.
    C'mon, Mr. Mayor. This is totally worth discussing further.

• Options
    I'm just going to come out and say it, Do we have a mayor?

It's been super quiet and the narration confirms the same. Did we lose the mayor when Lucedes died?

• Options
    I don't want to miss a vote, and not much discussion happening, so I guess I'll land on JaysonFour for being one of the very quiet ones.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Wildcat

• Options
    I need to get a vote down before i get rushed by end of day work again. Sadly without the mayor coming forward to explain things I don't have much in the way of suspicions. I think of the folks with votes so far I'd rather go with the quiet one than the recent replacements so I'll go with JaysonFour

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Well, mob justice can be delayed, but it cannot be denied. The entire town banded together to force 38thDoe after being denied last nights opportunity. His last words were a bit of a mystery. "DEATH FACTION!" It's unclear if this was the name of his favorite metal band or if he just thought it sounded really cool.

What are the odds this is something we have to worry about?
    game suddenly becomes a zombie game

*bold for emphasis

Egos on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Well, mob justice can be delayed, but it cannot be denied. The entire town banded together to force 38thDoe after being denied last nights opportunity. His last words were a bit of a mystery. "DEATH FACTION!" It's unclear if this was the name of his favorite metal band or if he just thought it sounded really cool.

*bold for emphasis

Any of the previously-dead people able to shed light on this? "Death Faction" is weird

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »

*bold for emphasis

Any of the previously-dead people able to shed light on this? "Death Faction" is weird

There was nothing about a dead faction (or faction of any kind) while I was dead but I suppose it could have been a hidden mechanic or something. 38th claimed survival neutral so maybe his role had some change that happened when he died and now he's part of a Death Faction or something? I'm really stretching here. Maybe he just meant he's no longer Neutral and joining the "Death Faction" and it has nothing to do with any mechanic?

Your guess is as good as mine!

• Options
    2 hour warning

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Yeah, I know I've been quiet. I've just been lazing around all day trying to keep my ankle from aching too much and just doing my best to not jostle it around again. Thank anything for a Steam backlog the length of my leg... then again, it's not like I need a good reason to put more hours into AC: Odyssey. But it definitely helps keep my mind off of things.

Though this "death faction" stuff has me just a bit on edge... I'll throw up a vote for Wildcat for preservation purposes, but anything anyone could put forth on that would be appreciated.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Wildcat I think is in the lead narrowly?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    JaysonFour

not a fan of voting for a replacement on their first day in.

• Options
    JaysonFour

Remember I’m replacing someone who was at least tentatively validated as village, bad guys

• Options
    JaysonFour was found guilty yesterday. Gone are the large crowds from last week, with only a few in attendance to watch the passing. In addition, much of the discussions have died down, the town pushing forward two candidates to contend. Is this a reaction to supposed vote manipulation from earlier or is the town becoming divided?

Thankfully word from city hall resumed today. In a frank and concise message the mayor reminds us who is in charge with the announcement: "I'm the mayor". This seems to have put to rest any question of the mayors existence. Though, some seem to be taking the statement literally, and have begun to petition the bulletin board itself. Legal experts say it is possible for inanimate objects to be elected but are doubtful the board was elected mayor. Though all did praise the boards long civil service for the towns information sharing capacities over the decades.

The body of Jdarksun was found today, the body opened up and the heart removed.

DEAD

JaysonFour
    - Vote

Jdarksun - external bleeding

Night six is over, Day seven has begun.

• Options
    Sooooo, let's talk about the wagon that went up against me with no reason after a throwaway tit-for-tat vote by MamaWolf, eh?

• Options
    Gizzy is replacing Phoenix-D

• Options
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Sooooo, let's talk about the wagon that went up against me with no reason after a throwaway tit-for-tat vote by MamaWolf, eh?

Yes, as I remember the saying goes "second vote on wagon is usually mafia" right?

Though Pheonix was just replaced by Gizzy and I know how people feel about voting out replacements.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Sounds like you guys want to recruit me to this mysterious death faction :p

I can't speak to where Phoenix's head was at with their vote - no PMs about it that I've seen. Probably just confused on who wildcat replaced in game - would be helpful if the roster listed both names.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    38thDoe came back as Neutral

• Options
    Also wow, 38thDoe is recognized by my autocorrect....

• Options
    Super quiet today (most of the game really).

I'll start a convo with JPants

Came back to life, was talking with me via PM a bit, but not much in thread, so it's raising my suspicion meter a little. Not much though, to be honest, but we don't have a ton to work off here.

• Options
    You're a neutral that has been sharing power results publicly, in a game with possible and claimed conversions, and I'm Village. Not sure how much sharing from me you're expecting. And I've been decently active since I came back from the dead (aside from that one busy work day) so I'm not sure where that comes from either.

It has, however, come to my attention that Phoenix-D Gizzy was seen visiting JDark last night, who now ends up dead! Seems odd for a death scrier to need to visit someone i the first place, but for them to end up dead, that's worth a vote imo, fresh replacement or no.

• Options
    Hey, I said it wasn't much of a thread to tug at.

What does "visiting" mean? Like, someone saw her do something (action seer)? Or something else?

• Options
    Action seer yeah, didn't see the action, just that PhoenixGizzy targeted Jdark. idk if that's called something else besides action seer.

• Options
    On my way home from work, gonna do some thinking before voting.

• Options
    I have a placeholder for Gizzy for now. Confusion or not, I'm sticking to my guns about the saying.

[Spolier]Sorry Gizzy <3[/Spoiler]

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I got a PM last night that I got distracted. Sounds like I got distracted and went visiting. Busdriver?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Yes Gizzy, I am sorry given that you’ve just subbed in.

• Options
    2 hour warning

• Options
    Argh, day off really screws with my scheduling.

If an action seer saw Gizzy doing something to someone who died, I don't see any reason not to find out.

Though, it'll be a day delayed because Phoenix/Gizzy was the one who got the immediate night seer info. I can't ping the dead until they've been gone a full day (can't target someone who is alive when I submit my order)