As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SUPER SMAAAAAAAAAAASH BROTHERS

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    in this house we push Rick

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Ulyaoth.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    in this house we push Rick

despite my avatar, if they did another kirby character Rick would definitely be my first choice

followed by Marx

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Bandanna Dee or I riot.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    obviously this is a personal thing but something about putting characters who have only ever been in fighting games in this game seems incorrect in some way

i think ryu was neat

ken's fine too (though if they were doing red echo fighters from capcom i would've much rathered Proto Man)

beyond that though i kind of agree

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    can we take a moment to discuss how great King Dedede is

I only recently learned that he's the self-proclaimed king of Dreamland and that on top of him being a little shit and a prankster makes him the best

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    king dedede has the best crouch in smash

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Shorty wrote: »
    obviously this is a personal thing but something about putting characters who have only ever been in fighting games in this game seems incorrect in some way

I think it works if you balance it right

For every Ryu, you need several Duck Hunts and Isabelles

Javen on
  • Options
    my favorite thing about King Dedede is that he was legitimately the bad guy in the very first kirby game

and then every single game since then, anytime anything bad happens kirby immediately rolls up to beat the shit out of him, and every single time he's either brainwashed by the real villain or else is actively working to defeat the real villain

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    What are people's opinions on the ideal controller for this. (maybe a dumb question since it isn't even out yet)

Like I have a wired pro controller and the standard joy cons. But I also have a pile of gamecube controllers and am debating getting the switch adapter so I can use them.

I will note that I personally am not a fan of the joy cons. They are made for hands much smaller than mine/people who may play at my house.

• Options
    King Dedede is the real hero of Subspace Emissary.

Literally the only one working against Tabuu the entire time.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    if they were to pull a fast one and only use nintendo characters, i'd want:

wart
    bear hugger
    ashley
    waluigi
    paper mario

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    What are people's opinions on the ideal controller for this. (maybe a dumb question since it isn't even out yet)

Like I have a wired pro controller and the standard joy cons. But I also have a pile of gamecube controllers and am debating getting the switch adapter so I can use them.

I will note that I personally am not a fan of the joy cons. They are made for hands much smaller than mine/people who may play at my house.

I'm going to play with a Pokeball Plus.

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »

the gamecube controller is the ol' standard but the pro controller should do you just fine

• Options
    Drachma.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    My preferred controller is actually yelling at my friend while they play the game

• Options
    Original wiimote.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Capcom announces a Breath of Fire collection for Switch. To go along with it, Ryu (the other one) joins the battle!

We got two Roy's let me dream.

Or Fou Lu would be good.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'm gonna have to play around with K. Rool

It feels like Smash actually invested in him all the wild personality and energy that Rare never actually did in the DKC games

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    Capcom announces a Breath of Fire collection for Switch. To go along with it, Ryu (the other one) joins the battle!

We got two Roy's let me dream.

Or Fou Lu would be good.

Sten.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    my gut is that the prince from katamari and banjo-kazooie are the two most likely third party characters

heihachi and another squeenix character also seem likely

I dont know Square does not seem enthusiastic about smash. Geno is co owned so he might squeak by but Cloud is probably it.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I do not think Geno is getting in

Mario is a heavily represented franchise that's already getting a DLC character, there's more famous Square-Enix characters that make more sense, and frankly the target demo has no fucking idea who Geno is

He'd solely make weirdos like me happy

• Options
    I want Snake and Drachma to be friends.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I still stand by a Monster Hunter being added, with the huge success MonHun's had on Nintendo platforms and World being massive.

Plus Rathalos is already in, we need to be able to carve him up proper!

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    my favorite thing about King Dedede is that he was legitimately the bad guy in the very first kirby game

and then every single game since then, anytime anything bad happens kirby immediately rolls up to beat the shit out of him, and every single time he's either brainwashed by the real villain or else is actively working to defeat the real villain

Well, Kirby's sort of mellowed out towards Dedede since Squeak Squad.

I think my favorite one is Triple Deluxe, where Taranza comes down with a mission to kidnap the greatest hero on Pop Star, and makes a beeline for Dedede.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I do not think Geno is getting in

Mario is a heavily represented franchise that's already getting a DLC character, there's more famous Square-Enix characters that make more sense, and frankly the target demo has no fucking idea who Geno is

there is no one interested in smash who doesn't know who geno is because no one will ever stop talking about him

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Geno, from the famous saying, "Geno's not getting in"

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    in a stunning twist, mallow is added to smash

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I would get a pretty long laugh out of someone else from Mario RPG getting included over Geno

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Sten Legacy fought his rival on falling debris from a tower when Kiryu and Bayonetta were learning to walk.

• Options
    Geno doesn't have a game coming out next month

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    We're not getting Geno, because he's a Square "two songs and two spirits (they're both Cloud)" Enix character. I'd be shocked if we got anything more from them.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    This is where I angrily wave around my LARA CROFT FOR SMASH 2K19 banner

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    This is where I angrily wave around my LARA CROFT FOR SMASH 2K19 banner

I still want that Second Pistol final smash!

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Segata Sanshiro for Smash

..Pepsiman for Smash

• Options
    Cool Spot in Smash.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Pepsiman for TV game

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2018
    If Nintendo is calling the shots then Geno's chances go down.

Sakurai loves at least one obscure or left-field pick, but Nintendo probably wants stuff that is going to sell DLC. No doubt they have pulled numbers to see if Geno, et al are popular, so we'll see. But Geno is a character from one 20-year-old game, and Banjo/Kazooie are from a dead franchise whose heyday was around that same time.

So that means for DLC we could get:
    • a next-gen pokemon (they have released characters before their own games came out)
    • possibly Impa from Hyrule Warrior
    • a Kong from DKC (Dixie/Cranky/Funky)
    • a Xenoblade character (Pyra being an obvious choice but I doubt the Mii outfit immediately nixes Rex)
    • another Fire Emblem person (the series is popular and there's still a bunch of non-sword people to draw from)
    • A Metroid character. A Metroid could be done since their iconic design is just an infant stage. SA-X is literally Samus without a soul so that leaves no wiggle room for a moveset. Fusion Suit Samus? I'd say Anthony Higgs since he was the only decent thing from Other M (and Smash has no black characters besides Villager/Inkling recolors, Miis, and uhhhh Ganondorf if you wanna stretch it) but man is that unlikely
    • Waluigi. Nintendo knows there's demand so maybe they wanna cash in on the meme.
    • Medusa, since it's a franchise missing an obvious villain. Is the franchise popular enough is the question.
    • Spring Girl from Arms. I think the game missed its opportunity, and the game is not a mega seller, but it's possible.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I just discovered that my wife managed to get ahold of one of those Smash pro controllers for me, and is cool with me having it on the day the game comes out as opposed to waiting till Christmas

I'm getting pretty hyped!

• Options
    There's no doubt they don't add a character from Three Houses much like Corrine was to advertise Fates.

Put the lady who uses axes and magic, no more swords.

This discussion has been closed.