As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Splatoon] Kid/Squid color coating warfare with style!

• TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Mblackwell wrote: »
    The one I'm having a hard time dealing with is the Torpedo. I feel like it needs a nerf as far as cost to use. Some people were pummeling me with them, and in a busy map it's hard to move out of the way that frequently particularly as the torpedo itself has a bit of a spraying mess after the initial explosion. It didn't feel fun and fair.

You can shoot it down if it is coming towards you. It costs a lot of ink. If it doesn't find a target it inks a very small area. It locks onto the first area it picks up and is easily avoidable (unlike the autobombs that follow you). I feel like they hit a pretty good balance with this one.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

The strawberry is not the best part of that cake, this is already a disaster

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    I just realised there's now a use for Cold-Blooded tickets: the chunks you get from using a maxed out Splatfest Tee during an actual Splatfest aren't affected by a drink's increased chance of getting a particular ability, you can use a Cold-Blooded ticket just for the increased exp. gain. Of course, that's if you're not also leveling other gear and/or scrubbing and releveling the Splatfest Tee.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

The strawberry is not the best part of that cake, this is already a disaster

I don't know about you, but the only reason I get ice cream is purely to eat the sprinkles. :razz:

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    Got spicy Salsa, and I got some chips, let's do it.

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
    There's another big update coming December 5th.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nintendoukvs/status/1066319130746372096?s=21

edited November 2018
    It's nice that they acknowledge that both Bomb Defense Up and Cold-Blooded sucked but combining them doesn't seem like enough to overcome their shortcomings to me. Putting two abilities I don't want together doesn't make me want them more.

Also, I was a bit worried about Main Weapon Up, but it seems more like Sub Power Up than a strict Damage Up, which is good. Useful, but far from overpowered.

TDawg on
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    It's nice that they acknowledge that both Bomb Defense Up and Cold-Blooded sucked but combining them doesn't seem like enough to overcome their shortcomings to me. Putting two abilities I don't want together doesn't make me want them more.
    Bomb Defense Up is still used in small amounts, normally by weapons that challenge inkjet and/or are less mobile. Even one sub is enough to let you survive an extra indirect from an Inkjet or Tenta Missile . Either one or two subs is enough to let your Ink Armor survive a "far" burst bomb, 4 subs is enough to let it stay active after a near hit.

It also works on most sources of damage that isn't a primary weapon, Rainmaker, or Splash Wall. In the worst case scenario, special gear like Pearl's Crown will suck less than it currently does.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    I'm a bit disappointed that the new Slosher and Splatling variants don't come with the brand new special and sub weapons. Though a Bloblobber with Sprinkler and Suction Bomb Launcher sounds like it could be devastating in Turf War and Splat Zones.

T-Danger wrote: »
    I'm a bit disappointed that the new Slosher and Splatling variants don't come with the brand new special and sub weapons. Though a Bloblobber with Sprinkler and Suction Bomb Launcher sounds like it could be devastating in Turf War and Splat Zones.
    I'm happy with the new Splatling. Beakons were needed on weapons that are actually good (the only "meta" weapon is Tenta Brella) and Ink Storm is a solid option for zones and shutting down pushes, especially with the range on the main weapon.

Kinda weird, I just realized that none of the new weapons have the new Subs / Specials. There are the four Kensa weapons we don't know the kits for yet, but even if they put a new sub or special on each one that's 4 weapons for each Sub and Special. It feels like a waste to not throw out a few extra "Decos" with the new subs and specials.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    This year I have Christmas lunch with my wife's family, but she won't be there.

Easiest vote ever for friends.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    plufim wrote: »
    This year I have Christmas lunch with my wife's family, but she won't be there.

Easiest vote ever for friends.

You sound like you have a nasty cough developing. Just saying it will probably peak around, wait when is this lunch again? Then. Thats when it will peak yeah.

I am Team Friends. Pretty easy call on my part too. I actively plan which events I can exclude my family from without them noticing. Its a lot at this point.

Her family is tolerable when she's there as she can call out any shittiness by certain uncles, at which point they'll sulk but shut up.

I can't do that. And it sucks because half her family are lovely. But jesus, one of the dudes wore a deplorable t shirt to the 2016 Xmas gathering, and were AUSTRALIANS.

steam_sig.png
    edited December 2018
    Her family is tolerable when she's there as she can call out any shittiness by certain uncles, at which point they'll sulk but shut up.

I can't do that. And it sucks because half her family are lovely. But jesus, one of the dudes wore a deplorable t shirt to the 2016 Xmas gathering, and we're AUSTRALIANS.

plufim on
    steam_sig.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Huh, interesting. Skatepark's closed for renovations.
    KxtQSto.jpg

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    The final four Kensa weapons have been revealed: https://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-2-version-4-3-0-launching-tomorrow-includes-part-four-of-the-toni-kensa-collection/

The Rapid Blaster is my blaster of choice for most games, so combining it with the homing Torpedos is gonna be great for hounding down distant targets.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Ooh, that Splating looks dope. *makes grabby motions*

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Ah .52 gal will finally have a decent sub...nope splash wall.

Update is out, a lot of weapons got damage up, such as Splat Charger, Ballpoint, Hydra, Forge, ALL dualies apparently.

edited December 2018
    Messed up and double posted by accident. Proper list of all the Main Power Up changes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavAndrus/status/1070135114296901633

MetaHybrid on
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Shot accuracy while jumping is not the skill I would have wanted for the .52 Gal but honestly I guess that's OK

dN0T6ur.png
    MetaHybrid wrote: »
    Update is out, a lot of weapons got damage up, such as Splat Charger, Ballpoint, Hydra, Forge, ALL dualies apparently.

That is a little scary

TDawg wrote: »

That is a little scary

The Goo Tuber can also kill with a partial charge if you have some MPU. It kind of reminded me of the Splat 1 E-Liter without the range to abuse it, but that should make it more deadly under pressure. The Splat Charger is underwhelming because damage is capped if you don't have a full charge so MPU looks like a waste of ability slots on it.

I haven't had a chance to play yet but I'm excited about the run speed buffs for Splatlings.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

Poor Dedede, always being classified as a villain, even by Nintendo.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Same colours as the Autobots vs. Decepticons Splatfest I see.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Remember the days when DK was a villain?

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Nope! I wasn't born yet.

pHWHd2G.jpg
    Maybe you can tear yourself away from Smash Bros for a bit this weekend to do the Smash Bros themed splatfest, heroes vs villains?

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Maybe you can tear yourself away from Smash Bros for a bit this weekend to do the Smash Bros themed splatfest, heroes vs villains?

Man, Splatoon's art team rules.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Marina being very e-sports is so on brand and I love it.

Captain Cuttlefish's input is just jumping in place and he looks super confused and I love it.

I love it!

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Whoa, whoa, whoa there Nintendo.

Heroes and Villains?! In current year?!

It is protagonists and antagonists.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    The family vs friends 2 day “Frosty Fest” splatfest is underway now and this shifty station is hard. Can’t believe they worked in flooders into multiplayer. Also the ink is sparkly like in single player to make it even more festive!

edited January 2019
    Playing on team family.

If you want to win on the Shifty station, take the middle as fast as possible and hold it, it's ridiculous how much of a bottleneck this map is.

Edit: Woo! Won a 10x battle!

MetaHybrid on
    Playing on team family.

If you want to win on the Shifty station, take the middle as fast as possible and hold it, it's ridiculous how much of a bottleneck this map is.

Edit: Woo! Won a 10x battle!

Yeah, I noticed the bottleneck effect, too. I switched from my normal dualies to the Glooga Dualies with the Ink Mines, plop two down right in the main step up to the middle platform, and you just control the game. Which I was ecstatic for because I've been wanting an excuse to practice my Glooga aim. I love having the little shower guys running around the map, but I wish they were a bit easier to get on top of.

edited January 2019
    Results for the Family vs Friend Splatfest
    2gstp77tp0z1.jpg
    Good games, Team Friends, I thought we had it.

I think I played really well this Splatfest, 18 wins, 8 losses, most of those losses were mirror matches.

Taking back the middle in Shifty station wasn't as hard as I first thought. Using the small piece of cover to the right and picking enemies with a Splatling could help give us the push we need. Popping bubbles or throwing Booyah bombs also helped, since there isn't much room in the middle platform to avoid them.

I still hope they give us more options for flanking for the next maps.

MetaHybrid on
    24-12 on Family. Also played enough for my nephew to get him to defender and didn't lose a match. Would've liked to play more, but Saturday was birthday stuff all day for my youngest nephew.

• LuisSLuisS Brownsville, TXRegistered User new member
    I made it to Family Defender before my internet died. Congrats to Team Friends!

ejiztxqo1ap7.jpg

edited January 2019
    GamesDoneQuick is doing a speedrun of the Octo Expansion on Twitch in a few moments.

MetaHybrid on