As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SUPER SMAAAAAAAAAAASH BROTHERS

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Wonder

Red

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Piranha Plant opens up a lot of doors I thought were closed when it comes to new characters

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Sterica wrote: »
    No doubt they have pulled numbers to see if Geno, et al are popular, so we'll see.
    Top 5 random japanese magazine:
    https://s.inside-games.jp/article/2018/11/24/118908.html
    1Bandanna Waddle Dee
    2Rex
    3Sora
    4Geno
    5Crash Bandicoot

Top 5 reddit:
    https://imgur.com/a/esnqq3C
    1Banjo/Kazooie
    2Geno
    3Bandanna Dee
    4Sora
    5Isaac
    6Skull Kid
    7Waluigi

8Rex Pyra

I have struck through the entries that were assist trophies and therefore will not be characters

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    waluigi now, waluigi tomorrow, waluigi forever!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I remain a little skeptical of how much the "Nintendo made decisions" thing actually means, really. For one, I recall it being said that they came up with ideas, but Sakurai ultimately made the picks. For another, it really feels like something to say to placate the TERRIFYING fanbase who'd be tearing down the walls because the DLC doesn't include Zan Partizanne if Sakurai didn't say his hands were tied in some fashion.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »
    Capcom announces a Breath of Fire collection for Switch. To go along with it, Ryu (the other one) joins the battle!

We got two Roy's let me dream.

Or Fou Lu would be good.

Sten.

Absolutely not.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »
    Capcom announces a Breath of Fire collection for Switch. To go along with it, Ryu (the other one) joins the battle!

We got two Roy's let me dream.

Or Fou Lu would be good.

Sten.

sC1P4Br.png

I mean it'd be a Hell of a pull...

dN0T6ur.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Bowser.jpg
    he's already in Smash though??

6F32U1X.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Fuck

X22wmuF.jpg
  • SunrizeSunrize Registered User regular
    when i was a kid i wanted them to add

Lololo and Lalala from Kirby

oh you don't know Lololo and Lalala? Those iconic kirby characters?

latest?cb=20171008170125

i wanted them to be like the ice climbers

Not sure if I'm missing a joke here but aren't these a callback to Adventures of Lolo? That game predates Kirby by 3 years and is by the same company...

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Sunrize wrote: »

latest?cb=20171008170125

Not sure if I'm missing a joke here but aren't these a callback to Adventures of Lolo? That game predates Kirby by 3 years and is by the same company...

they show up as bosses in several kirby games

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    put gandalf in smash

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    There are characters I still have never played as
    That kid that isn't Ness? Never
    Olimar? Nope

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Currently changing your language option resets the character unlock timer.

That means you could unlock someone someone every match

Lol

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    I thought you got a new challenger every 10 minutes of versus mode you log, by resetting the timer do you mean it sets it to 10:00 and you immediately get a new challenger after the next match?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I kinda hope that stays like that actually, at least long enough for me to get everyone

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    put the yeti from ski free into smash

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    put the yeti from ski free into smash
    he'd be OP

• SunrizeSunrize Registered User regular
    Sunrize wrote: »

latest?cb=20171008170125

they show up as bosses in several kirby games

Neat!

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Actually Lolo would be kind of a neat choice

Adventures of Lolo is a super deep pull, it was made by HAL, the original company behind smash, and it was worked on by Iwata

It would be a neat love letter to a lot of different things about Smash and Nintendo's history

Speed Racer on
  • AbsurdPropositionAbsurdProposition Registered User regular
    I think all the DLC is either going to be 3rd party (or at least the first rep for their franchise) or a character that's also in an upcoming big Nintendo title. Each DLC character is coming with their own stage and new music tracks which means there's much less room for a meaningful addition for the established series. If its for a new game then you get to have a stage showing off that new game's setting and music at least.

Personally I'm hoping for a Blizzard rep out of left field because it's just barely believable with the promotional push Nintendo has been doing for Diablo 3, but would still catch everybody off guard.

It's gonna be Dark Souls guy

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    It's gonna be Dark Souls guy

I'd be fuckin stoked but I doubt it

edited December 2018
    The weird/cool thing about these last few slots is that they've basically hit every obvious choice there is so it's kind of open season for what they could be, especially with piranha plant setting a real weird precedent

Speed Racer on
    hmm
    bandai-namco is developing the game, do they have any representation in the fighters? They are also the publishers of the Dark Souls series.

BahamutZERO.gif
    hmm
    bandai-namco is developing the game, do they have any representation in the fighters? They are also the publishers of the Dark Souls series.

They have Pac-Man

I'd bet on a Tekken or Katamari character before Dark Souls but who can say for sure

Do any stages have a real good bridge I can kick Dark Souls Guy off of

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Do any stages have a real good bridge I can kick Dark Souls Guy off of

Bridge of Eldin and Gerudo Valley

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Meteos

PNk1Ml4.png
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Prince of Persia - Has the history for it and would be a neat throwback to old games.
    Sora - Big enough series to qualify and not much more of a stretch than Cloud qualifying under Theaterythym and Chain of Memories
    Edelgard - Included for FE promotion and a non swrod user finally
    Alucard - Konami seem pretty on board given the breadth of the soundtrack for Castlevania this time round and Alucard would be a very different style to Richter/Simon
    Andy - Probably translates the easiest of all the Advance Wars characters and would be a good callback to an older, less popular but beloved Nintendo franchise.

Kelor on
    G-Red from gotcha force

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    This is unironically why I think we’ll get a Rabbid, which is why I at least hope for the Peach Rabbid.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Rabbids have earned an ounce of grudging respect from me because of Kingdom Battle

I can accept them on the roster for sure

though I feel like Rayman would be way easier to design as a fighter?

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    I would be significantly less bothered by a rabbid showing up than, say, Minecraft Steve or A Fortnite Costume or something

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'd be 100% on board with a minecraft dude, that could be fun as hell.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    minecraft has a pretty emblematic dude to use as a fighter

not as sure about Fortnite?

either way, I don't mind ether of those games

hell, I still boop around in minecraft on occasion

Miss me? Find me on:

edited December 2018
    don't get me wrong, I love minecraft, I just don't want the generic player model to be in smash
    I'd be ok with like... a creeper I guess??? maybe????? not really

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited December 2018
    I think those are possibly some of the least related to nintendo things I can think of and I would be pretty bummed out to buy the dlc pass and find out I got something like that

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
    when was cloud strife in a game on a nintendo system

I think we sorta broke that limitation

and that's okay

Miss me? Find me on:

This discussion has been closed.