As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SUPER SMAAAAAAAAAAASH BROTHERS

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    as one might suspect I like Cloud, but even I think it's dumb squeenix sent him instead of someone more representative of their many, many other games that have actually been on nintendo systems

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Doobh wrote: »
    when was cloud strife in a game on a nintendo system

I think we sorta broke that limitation

and that's okay
    I am fairly certain he was in one of the Kingdom Hearts DS games

CYpGAPn.png
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Theatrhythm.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    You can justify Cloud via technicality, not that I think they were too concerned about it either way. Really though, he's probably the most famous Final Fantasy character, and Final Fantasy has pretty solid Nintendo roots as a franchise.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Technically correct, the best kind of correct

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • AbsurdPropositionAbsurdProposition Registered User regular
    I keep imagining that Minecraft Steve would have Kragg specials from Rivals of Aether and it scares me.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i still want a felyne because MonHun has minimal representation, and i love monhun, and it's a huge franchise, and the character is perfect.
    other than that, The Prince would be rad but i don't really see him working out in terms of a moveset.
    Sora or Neku would be amazing, but Squeenix will never give up the goods.

i don't know if there's anyone else i would be excited to see, but piranha plant was an incredible and pleasant surprise.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i still want a felyne because MonHun has minimal representation, and i love monhun, and it's a huge franchise, and the character is perfect.
    other than that, The Prince would be rad but i don't really see him working out in terms of a moveset.

i don't know if there's anyone else i would be excited to see, but piranha plant was an incredible and pleasant surprise.

Chef cat from MHW.

broken image link
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    do you ever stop and think about how completely insane it is that Cloud Strife is now a Smash Bros mainstay

There are more Smash Bros games with Sonic than without.

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Going to sleep despite it being 35 degrees.

When I wake up it will be Smash times.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    There is one Ryu from Breath of Fire on Nintendos with Final Smashes like Ganondorf's new one instead of Fox's old one.

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    put the yeti from ski free into smash

Nah, assist trophy.

Person pops it open, nothing happens. Like 30 seconds later that motherfucker comes barreling in and chomps somebody.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Going to sleep despite it being 35 degrees.

When I wake up it will be Smash times.

I will be at work

If only this damnable switch was portable!

And I was unemployed

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    My wishlist for a guest character is Banjo-Kazooie (the Duck Hunt skin being gone saddens me), Joker from Persona 5 or Master Chief.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    16 hours lads

1541520637429.png?width=546&height=546

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I forget if this question ever got answered, but does Charizard still have his regular down B if you specifically pick him?

People like Isabelle or Phoenix Wright at least have fun animations to draw from. People like Kyle Hyde or Ashley Robbins less so.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Phoenix Wright would be a legit very good pick, but I would hope that he was semi-recently in another fighting game wouldn't tarnish his chances.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Fleet Admiral K.Rool and his Kremloids aided by a mystery benefactor.

Also a dlc theory was mentioned on Japantime with minor spirit mode spoilers
    People have noted Porky and Sylux have no spirits a trait shared with Pihrana plant. Also Fighters dont have useable spirits ( apparently variants like Captian K.Rool are considered unique versions)

We know Sylux is in Metroid prime 4 to some degree and Porky is a peculiar absence given his role in mother it seems like they might be added to the roster

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    I forget if this question ever got answered, but does Charizard still have his regular down B if you specifically pick him?

Nope, rock smash is out entirely.

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    don't get me wrong, I love minecraft, I just don't want the generic player model to be in smash
    I'd be ok with like... a creeper I guess??? maybe????? not really

How about the male/female avatar character from the upcoming Dragon Quest Builders 2, with a Creeper as the end boss of their Classic Mode?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    It has reached extreme hype level at my school. Students are all prepping.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    As thrilled as I am that the character speculation will continue after the actual game releases, I don't know if I'd take any current indicators as a sign; since I don't think the DLC roster was finalized until after the game was feature complete

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »

Chef cat from MHW.

"Meowscular Chef Has The Stamewna!"

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I'll lay out my dream team for DLC; I think each of these justifies themselves with music alone so I'll embed a fun little music clip in spoilers so the post doesn't look too long. You can imagine how each of them might be adapted for Smash (or just used as-is, for a couple of them)

1. Shanoa (Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia) - She's just the coolest and has the best moveset of any Castlevania protagonist. She'd come with an Ecclesia-specific level where Albus shows up as a mid-level boss! And Sorrow's Distortion is a given, so it's not the music track here.

2. Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter) - Different weapons for different attacks! Blademaster weapons for jabs, tilts, smashes, and aerials, with gunner weapons for your specials! For the Final Smash, she'll Superman dive out of the way—as Nergigante slams into the stage and just destroys everything.

3. Professor Layton (Professor Layton) - It's Professor Layton! Shut up! His Final Smash could be the slot machine gatling gun!

4. Mach Rider (Mach Rider) - Listen, Mach Rider's great. She's like if Captain Falcon did the fusion dance with Kenshiro. Incorporate her bike, her gun, some oil slicks, some exploding barrels, and you have a hell of a moveset.

5. Edelgard (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) - Shut up! Shut up, dammit! I want an axe lord! I want a female character who's a super heavyweight, and I want her to hit people with an axe!

I think that's a pretty good mix of "Hell yeah!" characters, weird picks, and Edelgard.

But if I had my druthers, we'd get Ganon. Sort of an amalgam of the character as he's been presented from throughout the series. Big blue pig person, wields a trident, lots of magic, incorporates design elements and attacks for every game from LoZ to Breath of the Wild. Easily, by far the heaviest and slowest character in the game, but his ability to teleport and the reach of his magic would make the threat zone around him absolutely colossal and he'd have a lot of super armor.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Trident Pig Ganon would be great.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Monster Hunter's final smash would clearly be Rathalos. Nergigante is from a game not on Nintendo systems.

Or Valstrax, from Gen U. But Rathalos makes thr most sense imo for being so iconic.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    yuuganon

How can a monster-hunter have a final smash but not a dragonator?

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    yuuganon

This would absolutely be one of the color palette options. Give 'em the hair while you're at it

dN0T6ur.png
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Phoenix Wright would be a legit very good pick, but I would hope that he was semi-recently in another fighting game wouldn't tarnish his chances.

Where I’d love to see Phoenix, we’d likely get Professor Layton; fighting with the power of Steampunk.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Listen if we're talkin DS story driven puzzle game heroes, Wright and Layton are both great choices, but they're not the correct one

The correct choice is Sissel.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Listen if we're talkin DS story driven puzzle game heroes, Wright and Layton are both great choices, but they're not the correct one

Final Smash is you take over someone's shoes and make them walk off the stage

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I know we already have a bunch of Zelda representation

But put Midna riding wolf-Link in Smash

IKknkhU.gif
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

IT’S MISSILE

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Reviews are pretty stellar, but I can't think of a series more review-proof than Smash Bros anyway

6F32U1X.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Wonder

Red

With Prince Vorkken echo fighter.

edited December 2018
    PLA wrote: »
    How can a monster-hunter have a final smash but not a dragonator?

Palico Stampede

They'd need their taunts to be Prance, Cook Meat, and the flex after drinking a potion.

Mx. Quill on
This discussion has been closed.