As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What Kind of [Podcast] Do You Like?

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Waypoint is streaming Smash Ultimate

Waypoint is very bad at Smash Ultimate

6F32U1X.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I dunno, people talking about a tv show but not really about the tv show all the time?
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Waypoint is streaming Smash Ultimate

Waypoint is very bad at Smash Ultimate

I don't think any of the main Waypoint crew play fighting games all that much, so they're probably about as good as I am (which is to say, very bad)

IKknkhU.gif
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I dunno, people talking about a tv show but not really about the tv show all the time?
    Stilts wrote: »
    Johnny Depp?

Look, Panic At The Disco may not be the greatest band, but I love them, and they definitely don't deserve to be compared to Johnny Depp

I dunno, I’ve listened to about 30 minutes of this episode of punch up the jam and they’ve already covered pretentious song titles, whimsical instrumentation, spooky ghosts, and saying an extremely sexist insult.

Sounds kinda like a Johnny Depp to me.

rhylith on
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Johnny Depp?

Look, Panic At The Disco may not be the greatest band, but I love them, and they definitely don't deserve to be compared to Johnny Depp

I dunno, I’ve listened to about 30 minutes of this episode of punch up the jam and they’ve already covered pretentious song titles, whimsical instrumentation, spooky ghosts, and saying an extremely sexist insult.

Sounds kinda like a Johnny Depp to me.

Also he wrote a song about being cheated on whose inspiration was that he liked a girl and his friend dated her before he did that fucking monster

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    I don't generally like "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" anyway, and it's definitely not the song I'd pick to say, "This is why I enjoy this band"

But also I'm looking into the future and seeing myself get exhausted by the potential discourse, so I'll just drop it, especially since I don't like them nearly enough to bother

IKknkhU.gif
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Podcasts With a Guy Playing a Character Talking to People Who Are Also Characters
    my extremely erudite and relevant take is that t swift’s “look what you made me do” is a panic at the disco song

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    I don't generally like "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" anyway, and it's definitely not the song I'd pick to say, "This is why I enjoy this band"

But also I'm looking into the future and seeing myself get exhausted by the potential discourse, so I'll just drop it, especially since I don't like them nearly enough to bother

(I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting a bad song is actually equivalent to the shit Johnny Depp does, its just a goofy comparison)

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    edited December 2018
    If I were to pick my favorite PATD tracks I'd actually recommend to people, they'd be: Nine In The Afternoon, King of the Clouds, and Golden Days

But also that's not really what Punch Up The Jam is for, so I Write Sins is actually the perfect song for them to cover. It's got a fun tune with really bad lyrics.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    OTHER (aka the coward's option)
    I am not trying to imply the band Panic! At the Disco are domestic abusers or are as morally objectionable as such.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i kinda liked nine in the afternoon in rock band

i liked it when they had the stupid exclamation point in their name

that is the full extent of my opinions about panic at the disco

Anyway, people who are bad at Smash should be the only people who are allowed to play it on streams. If you know how to do "combos" you are disqualified. If you know what all the different buttons do and use all of a character's abilities in a match you are on thin ice and had best watch yourself.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

i kinda liked nine in the afternoon in rock band

i liked it when they had the stupid exclamation point in their name

that is the full extent of my opinions about panic at the disco

There are only two songs in Rock Band where I could consistently get a perfect score on vocals on Expert difficulty: Nine In The Afternoon and Sound Of Silence

IKknkhU.gif
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Anyway, people who are bad at Smash should be the only people who are allowed to play it on streams. If you know how to do "combos" you are disqualified. If you know what all the different buttons do and use all of a character's abilities in a match you are on thin ice and had best watch yourself.

i just watched them get their ass handed to them by the unlock fight for ROB and i am so deeply frustrated

Speed Racer on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Podcasts With a Guy Playing a Character Talking to People Who Are Also Characters
    I saw Panic at the Disco live a couple years back and he put on a good live show, lots of energy and theatricality.

I also thought a few songs from Death of A Bachelor (which is a terrible title) were pretty good.

His latest album is real bad

CYpGAPn.png
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    my video game idea is: "Well, if no one else is gonna I guess I'll have to make a new armored core!"

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I liked the single off the latest album, but I don't think I've heard anything else from it

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    panic was a heck of a motivational story back in the day, though. you CAN just send your demo to pete wentz and get a record deal out of nowhere!

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I think this same stuff comes up literally any time anyone brings up Monopoly.

Which makes me wonder why people are bringing up Monopoly. None of us like it, we all know none of us like it, what's the point?

Because someone posted that millenials version

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I saw Panic at the Disco when I was in high school
    It was a fine show
    I noticed one of their backup dancers looked kind of familiar, and I realized she had been on the first season of a reality show called Who Wants To Be A Superhero? where ten people competed to be a new comic book character written ("written") by Stan Lee; she went by the hero name Creature

I saw her outside the venue after the show, and commented that I had seen her as Creature, which she loudly and vehemently denied before sprinting back to the trailer and slamming the door

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Sorry I'm late. My scanner only just went off. Did someone mention libraries?!?!?!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I think this same stuff comes up literally any time anyone brings up Monopoly.

Which makes me wonder why people are bringing up Monopoly. None of us like it, we all know none of us like it, what's the point?

Because someone posted that millenials version

Yes that would be the "bringing up Monopoly" in this situation that I am wondering about.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

i just watched them get their ass handed to them by the unlock fight for ROB and i am so deeply frustrated

Good, sit in that frustration, really stew in your irritation that people aren't as good at a dumb video game as you are, really confront that demon, maybe even slay it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    i think the michael bay transformers movies are pretty bad

The new Bumblebee movie has a shot of John Cena pointing out that trusting beings that call themselves "Decepticons" might be a bad idea.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Smash Ultimate isn't even out yet how could they be good at it?

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Same reason people who played street fighter 4 might be good at 5

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Even if it had been out for years, it doesn't matter that they are bad at the video game.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular

The new Bumblebee movie has a shot of John Cena pointing out that trusting beings that call themselves "Decepticons" might be a bad idea.

Bay didn't direct Bumblebee, it's the director of Kubo and the Two Strings.

woah woah hey what

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah Bumblebee is made by a different team and looks charming as hell

CYpGAPn.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I am excited for Bumblebee

• Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular

Was Kubo any good? It piqued my interest but I couldn't find anyone willing to go see it with me.

Was Kubo any good? It piqued my interest but I couldn't find anyone willing to go see it with me.

Yes

It's not as solid story wise as Paranorman or Coraline but it looks INSANE and is still a fun solid story

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

It's not like, ParaNorman or Coraline good, and it has the obvious whitewashing issues, but yeah, I would say so.

It's still weird to me hearing ParaNorman being held up as a bar of quality. Not that I think it's BAD, I've never seen the flick, but it seemed like the most nothing movie to me when it was out.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

You should watch it! It's extremely good!

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    The miniature work in all of those films is rad. Laika has an off-site exhibit at SDCC most years and it's very very cool to see.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    I thiiiink ParaNorman is the best Laika film

Like Coraline is also very good and I know a lot of people were very into it because it's a Neil Gaiman joint

But I think they really hit their stride with ParaNorman

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Laika's stopmotion is so good I routinely forget that's what I'm looking at when watching them.

Granted, they sort of "cheat" in that they have software that 3D prints their miniatures based on CG models so in a way what they're doing is a kind of CG cartoon with an extra step

but it looks really good

sig.gif
    Laika does one of the craziest things with their stop motion, in that they make special blur faces for when characters are moving quickly, to create an additional sense of motion

I think it was like in the special features of ParaNorman that they showed some of those, and it is fucking wild

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

Yeah the hiring process at vice is really arcane

PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.