As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - Voidship & God Eater 3 out today!

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Turns out that dude getting support tickets was legit

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Jesus wept Bethesda

The fuck are you doing

• Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Eurogamer looked into what happened at GOG re: those tweets

Troubling GOG tweets, a fired CD Projekt employee, and the spectre of GamerGate

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The one thing I liked about Force Unleashed is that they scanned the voice actor's face for the character, which felt like a good idea since everyone else was based on the actors that played them in the movies.

Plus then I keep seeing that guy show up in tv shows and am like, Oh man it is Starkiller! He is on Supergirl right now. Also he voiced Maul and Palpatine in the Clone Wars/Rebels shows, as well as, Solo Spoiler
    Maul in his cameo in the movie

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    vjIYT7l.jpg

boo

Text:
    Well, Very Stupid Park Of My Brain, it’s time to get over it. Epic have confirmed there’s no longer any active development on Unreal Tournament.

The latest UT, confusingly named simply ‘Unreal Tournament’, began open development in 2014 and progressed with the input of (and maps/modes/mods from) the community in 2014 but was a long way off being whatever ‘finished’ even means for a videogame in the modern age, and hasn’t seen a meaningful update since last summer. So infrequent and undramatic were its updates that we’ve not posted about it for three years.

Thus, I was more surprised to hear that they’re making another Star Wars film than I was about official acknowledgement that there’s nothing doing with UT any more. Epic have got the colossal Fortnite, they’ve got the much-licensed Unreal engine, and now they’ve got their own Steam rival – UT is, quite simply, no longer where it’s at.

Biggest Epic cheese Tim Sweeney stopped short of telling Baron Crecente of Variety that UT was cancelled per se, but one does not have to search for much between the lines of a statement like “‘Unreal Tournament’ remains available in the store but isn’t actively developed” to get the gist of things. Indeed, UT is still out there, and free to download to boot, so if by “cancelled” you don’t mean “entirely scoured from existence” then sure, yeah, it’s not cancelled.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/12/06/unreal-tournament-status/

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Eurogamer looked into what happened at GOG re: those tweets

Troubling GOG tweets, a fired CD Projekt employee, and the spectre of GamerGate

The most charitable view of this is that this guy just happened to not be aware of the discourse at the wrong time (and didn't examine a gif closely enough, which is certainly understandable) but even then he comes off like an asshole in the more general sense, waffling about whether he's a gamergater or not. I'm certainly not gonna lose any sleep over his firing.

sig.gif
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I thought he was a hardline gamergater

I don't know if finding out he's a centrist is any better

6F32U1X.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the other name for centrists is "the right"

liEt3nH.png
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Also he pretended not to know anything about gamergate despite that article where he all but explicitly declared himself a gater. That's ass-covering and it is BAD ass-covering. "I didn't look close enough at this gif and I'm sorry" would have been fine and is probably the truth.

sig.gif
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    so someone else wrote that apology tweet

and CD Projekt Red has its own team

my takeaway is that is their standard corporate culture over there

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    SimBen wrote: »

Also he pretended not to know anything about gamergate despite that article where he all but explicitly declared himself a gater. That's ass-covering and it is BAD ass-covering. "I didn't look close enough at this gif and I'm sorry" would have been fine and is probably the truth.

eh I'm pretty sure he knew what was on the gif as well

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    centrists are virtually always right-wingers who don't want to admit it, either to themselves or to whoever they're talking to

no sympathy here, especially considering what he's waffling about

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Oh well, his excuse is "I am not bigoted, just incompetent!"

Guess what, if that's the case then you deserve to be fired anyway. I am just glad that this chapter is over and PR managers there will be more respectful in a future.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I watched the kenshi trailer and i guess the concept is good but it looks like...garbage

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Even if I summon up all the credit and sympathy I possibly can for him, it’s still a big enough series of mistakes that I would have almost certainly fired him.

“I didn’t check the gif”...why not? Checking things is your job. Knowing the meaning of hashtags before you use them is your job. Keeping your finger on the pulse of internet culture is your job. I hate, hate firing people and I can’t see not doing it in this circumstance.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    I watched the kenshi trailer and i guess the concept is good but it looks like...garbage

it looks like ass and I love it, still

Miss me? Find me on:

cursedking wrote: »
    Kenshi’s official development blog begins as far back as July 2008. Over a decade later and the game is nearly complete, and impressively more popular than ever. According to Steam Charts, on average there’s over a thousand people playing at any given moment – a quiet little cult hit. I remember when it was little more than a game about wandering a vast plain, most likely getting stabbed by the first people you met. Now it has town management, army scale combat, an appropriately clunky post-apocalyptic bionics system and strange alien life both sentient and bestial.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP4zOTSx2s8

As its seemingly boundless patch logs suggest, much has changed since Brendy’s look at it last year. Major factions with their own laws rule much of the map, if you allow them to during world generation. There’s a major political aspect to the game, and an alliance with a powerful group can make the difference between getting stomped by bandits every week, or having relatively secure territories. Of course, you can still play the game as a lone wandering sword-for-hire, but you’re unlikely to make as much impact on the world as a trained and well equipped army would.
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/11/19/kenshi-leaves-early-access-december-6th/#comments

people are saying it's definitely rough, but kind of has a dwarf fortress meets mount and blade feel to it

probably not the best game if you're looking for polish

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Kenshi looks very much like a game I have no interest in playing, but will really enjoy hearing other people talk about playing.

I'm gonna drop money on Kenshi when I have the extra bucks

for now, it's Christmas and I got too many things to spend money on

Miss me? Find me on:

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Book of Demons looks really cool but like all games of that genre its on a knife's edge if its good or not

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Kenshi looks janky as fuck but I'm kinda into janky as fuck games, so

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    SimBen wrote: »

He knew exactly what he was doing at every point. He's just desperately trying to save face now that he's unexpectedly suffered consequences.

For fuck's sake, he claims he didn't know the meaning of #WontBeErased after bragging about appropriating the hash tag in the tweet.

The only real new information here is that the second tweet was somebody else, which just proves that these attitudes are endemic to the whole organization (as though that wasn't already obvious from the "apologies").

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    A video game social media person claiming to have never heard of Gamergate is unbelievable on its face.

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Yeah his explanations in that article come off as disingenuous bullshit to me. I mean it's sad when people lose their jobs. But he worked hard to lose this one. Trying to cover the incidents by playing coy about knowing anything about Gamergate and as mentioned above, making a joke about the actual prupose of the hashtag in the tweet and then saying you didn't get it. Nah.
    Not buying that at all.
    (and yeah unfortunately it suggests the sentiment is a common one in their office culture)

akajaybay on
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    *protracted, lexi specific sigh*
    So not post apocalyptic, but also not on the DS because I assume you don't have one?

@cB557 I can't play the two DS games because of the control schemes. I can't get Link to do anything I want him to

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Okay obviously they still have a billion opportunities to beef it

But a couple of women of color taking pot shots at a generic white post apocalyptic raider dude in a pretty, blossoming post-apocalypse is, on its own, more interesting than anything they did in FC5's entirety

CYpGAPn.png
    It would be neat if this is good

But every far cry since 3 is a good concept who's ball wasnt just dropped but flung into the ocean

(strictly story speaking)

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

But a couple of women of color taking pot shots at a generic white post apocalyptic raider dude in a pretty, blossoming post-apocalypse is, on its own, more interesting than anything they did in FC5's entirety

I don't think this it what it is but here's a good way to beef it - Far Cry 3, 4 and 5 prominently showcase the villians on their covers. I reckon these are our heroes but...

I'm assuming the two characters at the front are the leads? Pretty cool character designs! The cover as a whole seems really off to me, but I'm not a good enough eye boy to explain why

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I'm just happy that if they're doing a Post Apocalypse it isn't just another brown wasteland

Having nature already bouncing back is a way more interesting visual direction

CYpGAPn.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That cover feels like a weird first person shot to me?

Like, the way it's staged and stuff reminds me a bit of the cutscenes from XCOM 2 where it goes into first person

Blankzilla wrote: »

I don't think this it what it is but here's a good way to beef it - Far Cry 3, 4 and 5 prominently showcase the villians on their covers. I reckon these are our heroes but...

I was going to say even Ubi isn't dumb enough to make two black women its main villains but actually I don't believe that

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I'm pretty sure that's the villain from the last game strapped to the car, with an apple on his head

That'll be his church too then

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
    Hermano wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's the villain from the last game strapped to the car, with an apple on his head

oh, that apple is totally visually indistinguishable even if you know it's there

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Hey actually can we talk about that crossbow?

How the heck is that thing supposed to work?

There's a crossbow part which doesn't look like it's being used, there's the buzzsaw part, there's the gas canister

What the hell is going on here?

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Hey actually can we talk about that crossbow?

How the heck is that thing supposed to work?

There's a crossbow part which doesn't look like it's being used, there's the buzzsaw part, there's the gas canister

What the hell is going on here?

It's cool

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So is this a direct sequel to the last one? Because I was super unhappy with the ending but if it was just setting this up...thats kind of cool actually

This discussion has been closed.