As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield] - 2042 - Launches Nov 19th

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    irons on the enfield are the only tolerable thing to me. Scope glint and fuck right off, especially since assaults can take semi-autos with a non-glinting 3x and do like 90% the damage of a sniper (at suitable 3x ranges) except be able to accurately fire significantly faster.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    irons on the enfield are the only tolerable thing to me. Scope glint and fuck right off, especially since assaults can take semi-autos with a non-glinting 3x and do like 90% the damage of a sniper (at suitable 3x ranges) except be able to accurately fire significantly faster.

wait

do scopes for other classes not have glint?

edit: because I have been deliberately running irons on every class to reduce my visibility

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I thought that like BF1, only the 6x scopes have a glint effect?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

wait

edit: because I have been deliberately running irons on every class to reduce my visibility

You're probably pretty good at nailing long range shots without the aid of scopes now, though. I'm trying the model 8 with the irons because I don't like how the 2x sight fills the screen. I'm getting OK with it, but the Model 8's irons are kind of trash =/

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Can you run bolt-action rifles like the einfeld and kar98 with just iron-sights? How much of an exercise in frustration/fool's errand would it be to try and play aggressive recon with bolt-actions?

If you're good at snap headshots they're fine, but the SLRs are probably a better option for that playstyle, as they'll fire much quicker but kill in the same number of shots

wait

All recon scopes have glint

No other class scopes have glint

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Can you run bolt-action rifles like the einfeld and kar98 with just iron-sights? How much of an exercise in frustration/fool's errand would it be to try and play aggressive recon with bolt-actions?

If you're good at snap headshots they're fine, but the SLRs are probably a better option for that playstyle, as they'll fire much quicker but kill in the same number of shots

wait

All recon scopes have glint

No other class scopes have glint

Cool

So use only irons on recon, got it

fuck gendered marketing
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oh hey. The STEN is REALLY GOOD now.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Breakthrough is so unbelievably awful... like holy shit I hate it. It's incredibly skewed towards the defenders, at least that's how it feels on Hamada. Defenders should not be able to recap a point after you take it.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Also, is there any word on what happens if you don't happen to complete the challenges to obtain a weapon or cosmetic within the week? Like will the VGO just be gone for good, sorry about your luck?

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Yeah I get maybe one or two days a week I can play any sort of video game so missing out on content kinda blows a lot?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I did all the first week stuff pretty quickly except for the two needing other people to use your crates. There are so many crates right now all over!

Also because of this games have gotten crazy hectic since everyone is a support MG or a Medic. People dying and getting rezed immediately. Tracers everywhere.

I turned a corner into a hallway of the center hanger on Aerodrome and sprayed down three Germans with a sten and got three headshots. Up till now I’d never gotten a headshot with an smg!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    You can unlock the stuff later on

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    for some reason i'm not receiving any credit towards the fortification destruction or ammo pouch goals. i've destroyed dozens of sandbags and handed out pouches hundreds of times, both objectives are still stuck at 0/10. :(

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    for some reason i'm not receiving any credit towards the fortification destruction or ammo pouch goals. i've destroyed dozens of sandbags and handed out pouches hundreds of times, both objectives are still stuck at 0/10. :(

I had to completely close and reopen the client to get it to work after it stopped counting.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    i've played maybe a dozen maps over several different play sessions (and even on different computers!) with no credit whatsoever :(

• Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Yeah, for some reason (on the PS4) I could progress really well in Tides of War yesterday, while my squadmates, who were PSN friends, got stuck on the self-revive part. They didn’t progress, while I was healing peeps while using ammo stations, destroying and building fortifications like mad.

I’ve also been murdered multiple times by that VKO or what’s it called (by someone who already had it al level 6 or 7!)

I only have to get people using my med crates (which they never do, it’s amazing that some people don’t seem to even use their health packs regularly), build a snowman and kill someone with a stationary weapon.

I did notice that there is a big delay on getting my unlocks from Tides of War XP; I was level 5, and I still hadn’t received my emblem/dog tag and special assingment; but a few matches later they suddenly appeared...

Nevertheless I really like this Tides of War concept!

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
    My inner grognard appreciates finally having a MMG for the Allies. Yes, my deranged mind prefers faction specific loadouts due to the time period. That said, SMGs get a little more leeway due to nearly all of the current ones using the same 9 mm ammunition.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
    My string of wins on Wednesday was just a fluke I guess... Did not win a single match last night save for one clutch Dom victory. Losing 25-40, triple capped the points, and ended up coming back to win 25-0. Trying not to let winning be the only metric of fun for the game, but goddamn... it does not feel great to go on a long ass losing streak.

Put some time into support class last night too. Primarily playing medic, I am not used to so many double and triple kills! That KE7 is pretty good :^:

GONG-00 wrote: »
    My inner grognard appreciates finally having a MMG for the Allies. Yes, my deranged mind prefers faction specific loadouts due to the time period. That said, SMGs get a little more leeway due to nearly all of the current ones using the same 9 mm ammunition.

Yeah... I do this too.

Juggernut wrote: »

Yeah... I do this too.

Ditto... i like having my weapons faction specific. Even my SMGs are but I miss that Thompson when playing axis, nothing beats dumping a mag into a dude. I hope they add the m1a1 model as it's not the same as the current version. 30 round mag would be nice.

VKGO is a nice addition to the team. Its middle ground between 34 and 42 for stats. Fully upgraded it's pretty good I find you can chug away without care. Also more control at range I find.

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
    canuckont wrote: »

Yeah... I do this too.

Ditto... i like having my weapons faction specific. Even my SMGs are but I miss that Thompson when playing axis, nothing beats dumping a mag into a dude. I hope they add the m1a1 model as it's not the same as the current version. 30 round mag would be nice.

VKGO is a nice addition to the team. Its middle ground between 34 and 42 for stats. Fully upgraded it's pretty good I find you can chug away without care. Also more control at range I find.

I'm assuming the M1A1 will be part of the US loadout whenever they get added.

Yeah... I do this too.

Other than the inability to use drum mags and lacking a compensator, how might DICE make the M1A1 version different in gameplay?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

Yeah... I do this too.

Other than the inability to use drum mags and lacking a compensator, how might DICE make the M1A1 version different in gameplay?

Your character doesn't growl Yeah, shee? when you fire it.

They are structurally different... lol and their firing mechanism I believe is slower. It is for all intensive purposes a easier made weapon. Cocking handle on the side vs top.

I just like the look of that one more then the gangster one. Drum mag is a terrible thing to reload, they ditched it because it's not practical. I cant re create BoB without it!

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    My main problem with the maps is all the fixed cannons (one of my favorite things in BF1) seem to have been placed by idiots. There's literally one that is on the edge of the map, pointing directly out of bounds. It is unusable. Most of the other ones are either in terrible locations or are pointed in the opposite direction of where they'd be useful.

Also in this one, when you shoot the canons, it goes into the reload animation, even if you are holding down ADS, which means you cannot easily see if your shot actually landed or if you were short or long or by how much. This was not the case in BF1, it wouldn't reload until you let right-click go. Its like "No, MBW was having too much fun with cannons last time around; let's completely prevent that possibility in this game"

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    My main problem with the maps is all the fixed cannons (one of my favorite things in BF1) seem to have been placed by idiots. There's literally one that is on the edge of the map, pointing directly out of bounds. It is unusable. Most of the other ones are either in terrible locations or are pointed in the opposite direction of where they'd be useful.

Also in this one, when you shoot the canons, it goes into the reload animation, even if you are holding down ADS, which means you cannot easily see if your shot actually landed or if you were short or long or by how much. This was not the case in BF1, it wouldn't reload until you let right-click go. Its like "No, MBW was having too much fun with cannons last time around; let's completely prevent that possibility in this game"

For the poorly placed or wrong way ones, it’s because they’re supposed to be towed into place. In a good team organized match this seems great. In a normal public match, awful.

steam_sig.png
    ToyD wrote: »

For the poorly placed or wrong way ones, it’s because they’re supposed to be towed into place. In a good team organized match this seems great. In a normal public match, awful.

Did they make it so you can tow them without your carrier flipping through the air into fucking space?

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX wrote: »

Did they make it so you can tow them without your carrier flipping through the air into fucking space?

Supposedly it’s fixed after the last patch. I haven’t tried it but I also haven’t seen anyone’s vehicle going nuts either.

steam_sig.png
    CorriganX wrote: »

Supposedly it’s fixed after the last patch. I haven’t tried it but I also haven’t seen anyone’s vehicle going nuts either.

I could never see anyone else's vehicle going apeshit, only when I was the one driving. It looked janky but not like.. airborne when someone else was watching.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I wasn't aware that they were towable, I thought it was only the aa guns. That makes a lot more sense.

Now I just want control over when I reload.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
    Annnnnnddd my game wont load properly on ps4 after the update lol...guess it's a sign i should study for exams

edited December 2018
    FINALLY! I golded the whole Sturmgewehr 1-5. Man that last challenge SUUUCKS. Also, I REALLY REALLY like the seasons. Gives you more to work towards when you hit all the assignments that are just grinding it out.
    G1nQejn.png

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I want this stupid lee enfeils mastery out of my assignments but the game doesnt accurately understand what a prone position is

It like dorsnt track half of them/only works if crouch before prone

Oh and they have to be headshots : (

icGJy2C.png
    My assignments keep resetting progress when I complete parts of multi part ones.

edited December 2018
    My assignments keep resetting progress when I complete parts of multi part ones.

I had that happen but once I completed enough it registered the other ones that had reset. The reset happened after I quit mid game... if that helps

canuckont on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    In case you havent tried it yet the armoures cars are the best by virtue of speed snd the 20mm cannons are hilarious for point captures

I love the tigers and gun carriers but the maps are to big for how slow they are

icGJy2C.png
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Just missing the medical box resupply thingy for this week, but it just so happens that nobody in my team ever wants to grab the damned things and it's been a slog so far.
    In case you havent tried it yet the armoures cars are the best by virtue of speed snd the 20mm cannons are hilarious for point captures

I love the tigers and gun carriers but the maps are to big for how slow they are

Staghound is civilization.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
    Man I am really really loving this game. It def has some bugs but some things I think are just misunderstandings.

The not using bipod when prone I think has a lot to do with the new falling on your back thing. When you initially go prone you have to crawl forward a bit to deploy the bipod. It’s a very specific animation where you can see your character plop it down. Same for propping it on stuff. You have to see your character pick up the gun slightly then plot it back down on the bipod. I haven’t had any issues with using the bipod at all when looking for this animation. Downside is it’s not super quick so you cannot dive down and start firing.

I gilded my second gun the KE7. It was much less terrible than the Sturmgewehr 1-5. I am, however, absolute trash with the SMGs. I played a fair bit of medic this week and I can’t hit anything that’s not in my face.

The chapter ranks are also a lot of fun for me. I completed all the tides of war assignments and am looking forward to the next couple weeks worth. I have a feeling I’ll hot rank 20 in that no problem because I’m playing this game a REDICULOUS amount because I’m loving it.

steam_sig.png
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    The not using bipod when prone I think has a lot to do with the new falling on your back thing. When you initially go prone you have to crawl forward a bit to deploy the bipod. It’s a very specific animation where you can see your character plop it down. Same for propping it on stuff. You have to see your character pick up the gun slightly then plot it back down on the bipod. I haven’t had any issues with using the bipod at all when looking for this animation. Downside is it’s not super quick so you cannot dive down and start firing.

Agreed. I think a lot of the bitching about the prone / bipod thing isn't realizing how the character is interacting in the gameworld. I also realized what you said in my own Support career (I am on the final step of gilding the MG42 and have the MG34 all golded) in terms of setting the bipod up. There *IS* a bug where your guy just refuses to set up the bipod even when flopped on a flat street with nothing around, I had to switch weapons or die to fix it, but for the most part? Bipod not going down is usually on your back or your body doesn't have enough room physically to lay out.

The last bit is important. Any time someone says "My guy was sliding" or "I was prone and never deployed", it's usually not the bug, it's usually your guy literally not having enough physical room to lay down. Once I realized this, my issues went way down.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).