As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SUPER SMAAAAAAAAAAASH BROTHERS

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/0lhf9OvlX9g

Gotta say, I hope Nintendo continues to put this much effort into all their ports going forward

...God did Smash 4 really look that washed out?
    The change from making everyone face profile to a 3/4ths view is something I never would have noticed and looks a lot better

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yeah it's a really good idea

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Okay. I bought the digital version on the library switch.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Okay what's this unlock timer thing? I don't quite grasp how it works from you guys talking about it

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Better explanation below!!!

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SunrizeSunrize Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Okay what's this unlock timer thing? I don't quite grasp how it works from you guys talking about it

There are 2 separate conversations going on here at the same time.
    1. If you buy a digital version of the game from an e-shop of a different region (like Australia) you get to start playing the game when THAT region hits midnight on Dec 7th.
    2. After a certain number of battles, you unlock a new character. Then you have to wait more battles and get another unlock. However, if you close the software and reopen it after the unlock and before any other games, your next battle will also unlock a character. This is repeatable.

Sunrize on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm gonna savor this experience, so I'm actually looking forward to treating each new unlock like an event.

• Options
    SunrizeSunrize Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I'm gonna savor this experience, so I'm actually looking forward to treating each new unlock like an event.

Plus I'm so fucking bad at this game I don't mind take a little longer to figure stuff out.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I want this Smash to be the one where I finally get good at Smash

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Incineroar Inkling and Isabelle look top tier rn

The I's have it

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    that fishing rod.......

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ganondorf: “I knew those things weren’t to be trusted! You all laughed at me, but I never took my eyes off of those damn fishing rods!”

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    The fishing rod looks very broken.

But then I watched that stream where Incineroar was SDing all over the place and still winning handily and I got way too excited.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    A giant fire cat wrestler is extremely fun to watch

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Looks like Minecraft Man is having a breakdown and outing himself as a nazi, so if Nintendo was working on a Steve character they're probably running into the dev offices and yelling ABORT ABORT.

(yes I know he hasn't been a part of the game's development for years, but PR generally doesn't like being one degree away from that shit.)

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Notch proving that money doesn't buy happiness

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    It seems like he is saying that Jews being in positions of power is ‘cause of our high iqs rather than conspiracy/nepotism? Is this a nazi take

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqAn2p77l0Q

Woop woop here comes the content

Edit: Yikes I didnt realize weegee was in this. That dude sucks

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Notch's racist bullshit is behind this spoiler
    I mean, any kind of "this race has more iq than this race" bullshit is inherently racist

Not to mention earnestly responding to a warning about being silenced by "(((them)))"

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Notch proving that money doesn't buy happiness

yeah all it does is eliminate every single obstacle to it

notch is this way because this is who he is

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm fine with that

destroy all codified poor sportsmanship

Fun fact: the Japanese term for those actions translates more accurately as "appeal to the crowd". The implication is less "disrespect your opponent" and more "showboat to get the crowd pumped up".

Nevertheless, if this is what it takes to get rid of taunt parties, so be it.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Important taunt question

Does Sonic have his "you're too slow" taunt back

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Probably not because a lot of third party stuff is recycled.

You're Too Slow was changed because Sonic had a new voice actor by the time 4 came around. They just used voice clips from Sonic games instead of recording new lines, and I doubt they'd record new lines now.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    After playing for about two hours I can confirm.

game's good

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    Looks like Minecraft Man is having a breakdown and outing himself as a nazi, so if Nintendo was working on a Steve character they're probably running into the dev offices and yelling ABORT ABORT.

(yes I know he hasn't been a part of the game's development for years, but PR generally doesn't like being one degree away from that shit.)

replace steve with BJ Blascowitzch

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Probably not because a lot of third party stuff is recycled.

You're Too Slow was changed because Sonic had a new voice actor by the time 4 came around. They just used voice clips from Sonic games instead of recording new lines, and I doubt they'd record new lines now.

laaaaaaaame

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

replace steve with BJ Blascowitzch

have all of BJ's attacks be just him killing nazis in various ways and he just happens to be able to hit other people while doing it

• Options
    I kind of genuinely want Doomguy, even though there's no good reason for him to be in there

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I kind of genuinely want Doomguy, even though there's no good reason for him to be in there

Yes there is

It's called Doom 64

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Oh I specifically want 2016 Doomguy

I want to see that team craft a Final Smash that's just an E10+ version of a Glory Kill

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular

I want to see that team craft a Final Smash that's just an E10+ version of a Glory Kill

Doom Guy rips Bowser's horn off and slashes his throat with it.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm fine with that

destroy all codified poor sportsmanship

Incineroar banned.

• Options
    it's allowed for heels

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    i guess at least you don't have to worry about giving up taunts online if you remap the dpad to moves

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    I'm a little concerned about how it will impact kirby not being able to drop copy moves, but I guess in practice I either never drop them intentionally in 1v1s or never take them in the first place

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    can someone explain to me why stages still have different blastzones even in Omega form

it seems like the whole point of Omega is the stages are all mechanically the same so you can have lots of different aesthetics for competitive play instead of just the one?

if they're still different doesn't that...invalidate the point of it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

There's 0% chance that his Final Smash wouldn't be the BFG. Either as yet another Mario-esque shot or single-target point-blank (or both, like Ryu), but it's way too iconic (and overpowered) to not be the Final Smash.

I could see them pulling from those animations for grabs and throws, though. It's not like they'd have much else to pull from for those.

• Options
    I'm still up for trying smash meters on the items-on tournament but watching some casual 1v1 play with it on it seems like what it amounts to in 1v1 is "take a stock off" unless it's a really bad one.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm a little concerned about how it will impact kirby not being able to drop copy moves, but I guess in practice I either never drop them intentionally in 1v1s or never take them in the first place

Maybe it’ll drop the power but not do the taint animation

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    can someone explain to me why stages still have different blastzones even in Omega form

it seems like the whole point of Omega is the stages are all mechanically the same so you can have lots of different aesthetics for competitive play instead of just the one?

if they're still different doesn't that...invalidate the point of it

I thought they fixed that for this one

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
This discussion has been closed.