As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Old Thread.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    lodger wrote: »
    I've been trying to clear Great Explosion Festival, but I can't get enough fire damage to kill Dad Bomb on the nova round. My chainers are 7* Malphasie (Salamander Gauntlet/Brotherhood); Raegan (Crimson saber/Aqua Blade); and Orlandeau (Hyonomoto/Aqua Blade), with a Friend Freyvia to complete the ice chain.

I can usually kill Mom Bomb (fire) at the right time, but Dad Bomb always survives. Any suggestions for how I'm gearing or planning to get this done before the energy discount ends?
    I had the opposite problem: using OK to chain down Dad was easy, but finding a way to LB mom took quite a few tries

It may not help you, but I can put up an Onion Knight (unenhanced) or ice Sephiroth for LB with demon killers

maraji on
  • lodgerlodger Humble Narrator Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    I had the opposite problem: using OK to chain down Dad was easy, but finding a way to LB mom took quite a few tries

OK? Onion Knight? I have some pal onions, but not one of my own. Is yours upgraded? 7* or at least awakened?

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular

OK? Onion Knight? I have some pal onions, but not one of my own. Is yours upgraded? 7* or at least awakened?
    I actually used Cloud with max LB for this trial. So, with an ice sword he LB 1 shot mom, then I used a couple of Tidus chainers to take out Dad. Tidus was using a fire weapon, but he imbued himself with water to kill the little bombs. Once the imbue wore off, I could chain down the Dad bomb. I think the dual element might be hurting you here since it halves the damage any of the big bombs are taking. Do you have a way to imbue elements to other members rather than dual elements? I think a couple of the summertime units can imbue water, right?

He’s 7*, fully potted, and awakened except for the elemental splendor abilities that screw this particular trial up. However, without one of your own to pair with (even 6*), probably useless in this context.

@Tiphares is right, the multiple elements are going to cut your damage quite a bit against Dad.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Strange, I don't think I had to spark chain anything. I did use Zarg to buff up on some waves. I can throw my T.Terra up on Alexander for the machine killer if you need.

It’s the trash waves that live. I haven’t made it to Europa. Finally gave up after restarting two dozen times. Going to try with Hyoh next, but now that I’m looking at the fights in more detail I’ll have to rework my team a bit.

What mag does your T.Terra have? I followed this guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/9p98hf/guide_marching_beasts_europa_two_methods/

I put my T.Terra up in case you want to try again.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Tomorrow is pullday. I'll need to be careful. When I went nuts for Hyoh, I felt dissatisfied even after I pulled Hyoh with relative ease. I did an entire run through the step-up, not because there was something I needed, but because I wasn't done pulling. The itch hadn't been scratched yet.

I fear the same thing will happen tomorrow. If I don't stop pulling tomorrow, please tell me stop. Quote this post.

Fuck, man. Gambling. It's insidious.

edited December 2018
    Strange, I don't think I had to spark chain anything. I did use Zarg to buff up on some waves. I can throw my T.Terra up on Alexander for the machine killer if you need.

It’s the trash waves that live. I haven’t made it to Europa. Finally gave up after restarting two dozen times. Going to try with Hyoh next, but now that I’m looking at the fights in more detail I’ll have to rework my team a bit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/9p98hf/guide_marching_beasts_europa_two_methods/

Thanks! That’s the strategy I was using too - she’s at ~1700 with Alexander, and the friend unit I brought along was at 16 something. I just couldn’t get the chain right. Ever.

Ended up using a Hyoh team (thanks @urahonky ) and it was much easier. Only wrinkle was forgetting to cover when it switched to impact mode - but I had used Fina’s LB by sheer dumb luck the turn before.

maraji on
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Tomorrow is pullday. I'll need to be careful. When I went nuts for Hyoh, I felt dissatisfied even after I pulled Hyoh with relative ease. I did an entire run through the step-up, not because there was something I needed, but because I wasn't done pulling. The itch hadn't been scratched yet.

I fear the same thing will happen tomorrow. If I don't stop pulling tomorrow, please tell me stop. Quote this post.

Fuck, man. Gambling. It's insidious.
    I'm in the same boat, but I have put a hard limit on my spending - 1 lap and 30 tickets. I get what I get. I may end up pulling one eventually. If not, there is UoC. I will be sure to ping you tomorrow to remind you to stop pulling. I wish everyone luck on their pulls tomorrow and for those not pulling, stay strong!

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    What units are capable of OTKO'ing the mom bomb in Great Explosion Festival? I haven't even bothered to try it yet, as most videos I've seen use a Cloud with an ice weapon to kill with his LB, but I don't have Cloud nor do I have any other TDH units other than Ang, and I have no TDH gear or materia. Could try to find a friend unit, but I'd probably be using a friend OK to chain the dad bomb.

I wonder if Reberta with enough Demon Killers might be able to do it with Red Vengeance or Death Crimson. Maybe with a chain, but not sure if she can do it alone.

Zomro on
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    What units are capable of OTKO'ing the mom bomb in Great Explosion Festival? I haven't even bothered to try it yet, as most videos I've seen use a Cloud with an ice weapon to kill with his LB, but I don't have Cloud nor do I have any other TDH units other than Ang, and I have no TDH gear or materia. Could try to find a friend unit, but I'd probably be using a friend OK to chain the dad bomb.

I wonder if Reberta with enough Demon Killers might be able to do it with Red Vengeance or Death Crimson. Maybe with a chain, but not sure if she can do it alone.

I threw the Mom Bomb into the calc; 750% cold imperil and 60 DEF (base DEF, no break). Here was my build, which was just the best I have with my gear:
    http://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#e1d57fc0-f99c-11e8-94ad-171fecaefbe3

1700 ATK and 150% Demon Killer. There's some jump damage modifiers in there but I don't see if the calc outputs the total anywhere. Says Red Vengeance should do 76 million, which is close to killing it twice. So yes, Reberta should be fine.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I'm going to hold off on pulling for him. I have a 7* Merc Ramza and a Basch that will go 7* when his awakening happens. It'll be hard not to pull though especially with all the hype surrounding him...

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Honestly I might throw five tickets or something but I don't think I'll pull much. I am quite served on the physical tank front. What I'm missing is a magic tank, but I have one WKN and am hoping his 7* is good and I can grab one this Christmas.

Oh, and I don't have a lot of demon killers, but I have my OK up with about 1880 ATK or so and the elemental attacks not awakened yet, if anyone wants to grab him for the trial I can change his equipment a bit if asked.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
    urahonky wrote: »
    I'm going to hold off on pulling for him. I have a 7* Merc Ramza and a Basch that will go 7* when his awakening happens. It'll be hard not to pull though especially with all the hype surrounding him...

You're fine with M. Ramza and Basch. You're covered.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Zomro wrote: »

I threw the Mom Bomb into the calc; 750% cold imperil and 60 DEF (base DEF, no break). Here was my build, which was just the best I have with my gear:
    http://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#e1d57fc0-f99c-11e8-94ad-171fecaefbe3

1700 ATK and 150% Demon Killer. There's some jump damage modifiers in there but I don't see if the calc outputs the total anywhere. Says Red Vengeance should do 76 million, which is close to killing it twice. So yes, Reberta should be fine.

Reberta is just the best.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    444k worth of raid summons goooooooooooo

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

You're fine with M. Ramza and Basch. You're covered.

I have a prayer circle with your name on it though!

Thanks! That’s the strategy I was using too - she’s at ~1700 with Alexander, and the friend unit I brought along was at 16 something. I just couldn’t get the chain right. Ever.

Ended up using a Hyoh team (thanks @urahonky ) and it was much easier. Only wrinkle was forgetting to cover when it switched to impact mode - but I had used Fina’s LB by sheer dumb luck the turn before.

Yay glad I left him decked out for that fight.

I lied. Went back to Aigaion and lol bye. Finished up my missing missions in round two.

Wicked Moon? I didn't read anything beyond "physical immune" and went in with a team. Sloppy round 10 win but it's a win!

Power creep is real.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I haven't spent any NRG like all week due to being lazy and not having any new content to work on. I gained a Rank and now have like 400 something NRG sitting around. Guess I'll be finishing Sieghard's story in one go.

I spent my energy on the type 0 rerun to get the moogles and tickets since I wasn't around the first time. But today it just stacked up. Figured I'd use some.

Might tackle a couple ten man trials before bed for giggles.

2 headed dragon down. Glad I did it with the 1/2 nrg, while it was easy as hell, I kept messing up the rotation lol. Just had Rem/Ace fill the esper gauge, Xon hides till everyone's dead then uses phoenix. 3x Hyoh's to whittle it's health down, with Rem throwing in dual tornado's to get the magic mission.

I took a friend 7* Fryevia to Great Explosion Festival. She 100-0'd Mom Bomb with her LB. Sephiroth and OK handled the Dad Bomb.

Mad Doll down all missions. Fryevia FTW! Again, A. Rain continues to be a beast of a tank. Only trials left are Venomous Vines and Scorn of Antenolla. I'm not sure I'm eager to do either. Glad to be done with all of the 10-mans and mostly caught up on trials.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    444k worth of raid summons goooooooooooo

I'm still merging cactuars.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Mad Doll down all missions. Fryevia FTW! Again, A. Rain continues to be a beast of a tank. Only trials left are Venomous Vines and Scorn of Antenolla. I'm not sure I'm eager to do either. Glad to be done with all of the 10-mans and mostly caught up on trials.

Venemous Vines isn't that bad when you have a good tank and use a hybrid damage dealer. Fryevia with a fire sword would actually do pretty well using Flower Assault...

edited December 2018
    And that's Nunki down. That one was pretty easy overall. It was nice to use Marie again, having multiple -aga level resist spells is awesome. And Reberta easily killed Nunki with her LB on the last phase.

Been a pretty productive time during this 1/2 NRG event.

Zomro on
    edited December 2018
    Good thing we are about to get a unit with a fire sword for a tmr. :)

Trajan45 on
    Good thing we are about to get a unit with a fire sword for a tmr. :)
    I will probably end up with 1-2 of Cannon during my Sieghard pulls. Better get some sleep so I'm fresh for the salty pulls. Good luck on everyone's pulls!

• JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I probably don't need to banner step pull on this one since I have pretty good tanks as is. I've got 3 4* tickets and 10 regular tickets I might throw at this though, just to see what drops.

Venemous vines is annoying. My second run thru got me thru the first phase but I totally messed up on the second phase and could not recover once cgnichol and my dps were down. I was using arain, wilhelm, ayaka, cg nichol, hyoh+hyoh.

I think in the morning Im going to swap in LMFina and CGLid over ayaka and nichol and see how it goes from there. My lid has her lb at 18 so that's about a 65% full break, along with her 50% arms break if needed. I'll see if that works better than Nichol's 30% mitigation plus buffs. Having Fina's limit burst aoe raise seems very necessary versus Ayaka. I love her but I probably need to look the fight over more to see how she'd work vs how I used her.

The fact this trial can take up to an hour or longer for some of us is just absurd.

Edit: oh, and my hyoh is using a ribbon since I don't really have discernment. Given his atk is 1867, is it better to have Plant Killer+ on instead of a 40 or 50% atk materia? I mean, I've got ifrit with 125% in plant killers Plus he's using a fire blade.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Welp, that was a thing.

So I figured that even if I would never use Sieghart (sorry, but the simple fact is he's a Veritas, and after beating Season 1 I have yet to see anything that makes me think the entirety of the Veritas are not a fucking waste of space - and he's one of the worse ones to boot), I could roll five tickets on the banner cause there's some good TMRs in here. Even if I do land Sieghart, his TMR could go well on Beryl.

So, right on cue, I hit a rainbow. Mixed feelings all around.

...which are then resolved by the fact said rainbow is Jiraiya #1. I just keep forgetting onbanner rainbows are a cryptid.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Jiraiya number 1 feels so odd because on one hand its a new 5star but on the other, he's so bad it hurts.

Jiraiya number 5 feels like a kick to the testicles.....

• JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Oh gawd, sieghard's family is over the top delightful.

Edit: Oh man, Sieg's weapon animation is a damn chain-whip sword. Can I have that on my other units for animation, please?

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    Still no rainbows from 10%/30% tickets. Ever.

Did the step up. Last step had 2 rainbows SBDF #1 and Sieghard! Gonna throw some tickets and see if I can get another.

edited December 2018
    Step-up gave me Lila #1, Sieghard #1, and AD Kain #1.

Lila and Kain are too little too late.

[edit] Dark Fina #1? Fuck you, game. That's 1 out of 4 rainbows that's on-banner.

TeaSpoon on
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    Oh gawd, sieghard's family is over the top delightful.

Edit: Oh man, Sieg's weapon animation is a damn chain-whip sword. Can I have that on my other units for animation, please?

Over in the corner, Seven mutters “...and I’m even a bonus unit in an event running right damn now.” before stalking out the door

well, with the lapis pulls over I received about 3-4 100s and the rest 50s.

edited December 2018
    Well, that's 40 tickets gone without Sieghard... Pull more? Still haven't gotten Sieghard yet...

[edit] Another 6 tickets. Sieghard 7* Get!

TeaSpoon on
    did the step up but all I got was another raegen. at least I got all the other units on the banner so screw you sieghard! you're barely better than my already existing tanks!

Dunadan019 wrote: »
    well, with the lapis pulls over I received about 3-4 100s and the rest 50s.

Got 2 300, 1 100, and the rest 50's. Overall pretty good, considering the odds for the 1,000 were probably less than a rainbow.

This discussion has been closed.