As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Eh. If they do turn out to be required for normal, timed content, I’ll probably just quit instead.

But if we’re talking stuff like magicite or torments? That’s known to be solvable with pre-AA stuff, and will be around forever. Timed Gil-only superbosses aren’t important enough.

Enlong on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yeah, I mean I just took a look to Tidus upcoming AAOSB and it's insane. Current megabosses would melt.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    It feels to me that, intentionally or not, JP version is charging headlong towards its death. Either they have some finale they're aiming for in ~6 months and they're trying to get everyone ready for that as a big sendoff, or they've completely lost the plot with regard to acceptable speed for powercreep, and are going to start hemorrhaging players who feel they can't keep up resulting in a "oops we have to shut the game down because we aren't making money" conclusion.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Eventually boss defenses and HP pools will reflect characters moving from 40-50k damage a turn, with a chance for double cast on top of that, to 160-200k a turn, with a chance for a 50% increase over that.

That'll probably be a breaking point, if you physically can't do 200k damage per character per turn in any form.

• Options
    Probably, but that’ll likely be relegated to Gil-dropping superbosses, max-power multiplayer, and whatever the hell comes out after 5-star Magicite. Unlikely to really get its fingers into timed event stuff. It’s not like I need Arcanes to clear weekly A++ stuff.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Probably, but that’ll likely be relegated to Gil-dropping superbosses, max-power multiplayer, and whatever the hell comes out after 5-star Magicite. Unlikely to really get its fingers into timed event stuff. It’s not like I need Arcanes to clear weekly A++ stuff.

Max power multiplayer bosses seem designed to be as frustrating as possible, and go against traditional party setups. I get that they're trying to thwart Cloud Keeper teams, but boy howdy are they unfun, especially as I can't connect to MP for 30 minutes, so I have to do them solo.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Damnit game, give me that eighth Hades. I've already got sixteen Necrophobes!

• Options
    That's sad to hear. FFRK is my favorite FF mobile game. Brave Exvius and DOO didn't do anything for me.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i have no problem not being able to beat the silly mp fights or the gil only super bosses.

aasbs only really become a problem if they keep them rare after another 3 or so months. ultras were one at a time too and now they're half the banners.

they do set the baseline a lot higher because they honestly do too much and do remove a lot of value from everything below them though.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Reminder in case you are like me and totally forgot, yesterday was Gyashl Shop day, don't forget your mythril and stamina potions.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Going through and reorganizing my saved teams (for weapons which have been vaulted, new abilities, etc). Giving some of them a go as I go along.

FFXII Torment team had a decent number of improvements (USB for Larsa, USB/new armor for Ashe along with tons of hones, OSB/new weapon for Gabranth, LMR/weapon/armor for Gabranth). Got to 58% (previously 53%) while doing two healers, which was overkill healing. Best option may actually be swapping Gabranth for someone else because his hits are so anemic (can anyone else do WHT4, since he carries Shellga for me?). I still feel like I can't solo heal it, but two healers just feels like too much. Hrm.

e: Actually, after the 6* knight ability, I can probably solo heal.

E2: yeah, solo heal not working right now

Jragghen on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    New IX banner's up

100-gem: nada
    11-pull: 3/11
    T9TMkFX.jpg

I'M OUT!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2018
    This is many, many months behind, but I finally got off my ass and decided to farm Hades. It turns out all I needed was some stupidly overpowered relics...and Alma's USB. It's pretty much a 100% success rate ~25 seconds.
    TC Cid: Life Siphon/Assault Sabre, USB, DC Knight/Haste +IC3, +damage RM
    Elarra: Curada/Don't use, USB (thank you USB select), +healing/DC White, Gathering Storm
    Ramza: Divine Cross/Guardbringer, CSB, LMR, Dr. Mog
    Alma: Ultra Cure/Holy, USB, no LMs, Mako Might
    Agrias: Life Siphon/Assault Sabre, USB1, DC Knight/Minor Imperil, +damage RM
    RW: Wall
    Main Magicite: Unicorn

Alma USB takes a lot of pressure off when it comes to setup and timing rebuffs. It's easy enough to have her sitting with a full bar and a quick cast when the Dispel hits, which is a lot easier than generally wanting two people ready. I also only face a max of three debuffs, and that eats two of them.

A duck! on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Looks like the new 6* abilities coming in ~6 months for us are going to be a 6-hit lightning jump for Kain and Ironfist Ice for Snow.

Japan's getting a Dragon Quest collaboration.

Something called the Institute of Memory is also being added. Something about researching soul breaks and legend materia. ???

Also new Magicite dungeon.

• Options
    Man RNG gotta RNG. I farmed Isgebind last night and with 220 Stamina I only got One Krysta. I am drowning in Dullahans. Kill me.

• Options
    Man RNG gotta RNG. I farmed Isgebind last night and with 220 Stamina I only got One Krysta. I am drowning in Dullahans. Kill me.

Dullahans are pretty good, for what it's worth. Spell Ward is legit, and you can also make use of extra empower ice and magic boon. Of course, that doesn't help when you're just trying to get the dampen winds that you need

• Options
    FF9-1 100 gems: 3* nada

Daily Draw Disco Dupe (again!)! Gilgamesh USB1. It's even another bangle. This happened two weeks ago with the FF14 banner 1 as well. From now I need to do the daily draw first, get the miss out of the way, then I'll get nothing but Discos on new banners. Because that's how it works, right? :rotate:

Do I combine this for a slightly stronger 6* non-elemental bangle? Keep them separate? Vault it to feed to Rainbow weapons in 4 months?

Data for posterity:
    33 misses in a row

38/343 lifetime

5/88 this batch

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB.

• Options
    His USB is my highest attack non-synergy armor, so I'd probably keep it or combine it.

• Options
    Currently I'm not planning on converting too many armors to rainbow shards, being able to field synergy def and res is still very good. I'm still keeping my two Greg USBs separate for now, but I've been piling up other good V armors so they're probably getting merged before too much longer.

• Options
    Daily disco!

Red XIII USB. which, on one hand, hairpin.

On the other hand, hasteboostga for Torment.

• Options
    Hell, I'm considering diving him now. VIT/BRA is a dire category, and I could actually use the extended buff duration because I now have ATK/MND/DEF, ATK/MAG, and ATK/DEF/RES that could be juggled.

Thoughts?

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Daily disco!

Red XIII USB. which, on one hand, hairpin.

On the other hand, hasteboostga for Torment.

That move is awesome. Hastega/boostga/Astra is a great combo for a bunch of fights, including more than a few magicite.

• Options
    Hell, I'm considering diving him now. VIT/BRA is a dire category, and I could actually use the extended buff duration because I now have ATK/MND/DEF, ATK/MAG, and ATK/DEF/RES that could be juggled.

Thoughts?

Perfectly doable. Breaks are now useful in magicites, too, so he's not just an Entrust bot.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »

Thoughts?

Perfectly doable. Breaks are now useful in magicites, too, so he's not just an Entrust bot.

Wait what? Is this on the 5*? Or should I do breaks on 4* too?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Five star magicite are slightly less break resistant than 4* (I want to say 70% resistant but I'm too lazy to check). Ixion is slightly less resistant than that. 60%?
    You can check in boss info.
    I was not able to get breaking Ixion to work. He still hits often enough and hard enough that you really want shell or protect. I forget which. And probably haste on your healer.

Some 5* magicite will give themselves a huge buff to attack or defense and overwriting that with any debuff even -3% can be enough to keep you alive.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    PSA: you probably have a metric assload of thief motes, and mug bloodlust is fire/wind/dark crystals

• Options
    Until I figure out optimized magicite decks for magicite and torments, I think I'm just going to farm eight copies and smush two 99s together for now, and leave the fine tuning for later.

• Options
    Until I figure out optimized magicite decks for magicite and torments, I think I'm just going to farm eight copies and smush two 99s together for now, and leave the fine tuning for later.

Eh, most of them I think you do better smashing a fresh 4* magicite in, and taking empower/dampen and one of the other two abilities, especially Magic Boon. That of course necessitates having saved up a pile of spare 4*s, though.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yeah as much as I’ve carried on about nerfs ahead I’m still going forward with the defensive magicite linked in the second post.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I've actually started hoarding some 4-stars to inherit. It's been fun wrecking Kracken's stupid face with my currently wild lighting magic team.

• Options
    Starting to get more loose with my dives, resigning myself to getting a ton of healer dives for realms.

VIII to 51%, my fourth realm to do so in ???. Needed a Selphie dive to do so, but got 25 spirit motes back already.

I could definitely go further with some better decision making, not sure if I'd get a full 9% though. I need some +ice weapons badly

• Options
    And 55% of FFIV makes 5!

Palom USB is kinda hilarious, and my only Medica is Rosa SSB, so I actually had to bring two healers.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »

Eh, most of them I think you do better smashing a fresh 4* magicite in, and taking empower/dampen and one of the other two abilities, especially Magic Boon. That of course necessitates having saved up a pile of spare 4*s, though.

I've only got one set of 4* magicite, so no way in hell I'm feeding those to anything else. I've been mostly bringing one each of the 5*, Evrae, the 4* defensive magicte, and the atk or mag 4*.

• Options
    Oh are you collecting one of each to 99?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Oh are you collecting one of each to 99?

Yes. You never know when you'll need the Ultras for a specific fight.

• Options
    Fair enough. I had a vault full of 4* fire magicite, since I farmed a ton of crystals while keystones were still a thing, so I have tons of those leftover. If you only got one copy each, yeah I would hang on to them.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Fair enough. I had a vault full of 4* fire magicite, since I farmed a ton of crystals while keystones were still a thing, so I have tons of those leftover. If you only got one copy each, yeah I would hang on to them.

Yeah, I got 3 level 99 King Bombs and Firemanes with enough to make that 5 level 99 Bombs and 6 level 99 Firemanes. Only enough to make 3 level 99 Maliris, though.

• Options
    Blargh. Tiny, minute fluctuations in speed change entire turn orders in my phoenix run, which throws things off by over a second, leading to dying to sap before I can medica, or coming up short tenths of a second after 30s.

Which is weird because my kill is ~26-27s, but if Bartz doesn't get the job done then, the run pretty much putters out and Geosgaeno kills the boss shortly after 30s.

• Options
    Final 4* dark magicite count: 8 Hades, 4 Dragon Zombie, 20 Necrophobe.

1/3 chance my ass.

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Final 4* dark magicite count: 8 Hades, 4 Dragon Zombie, 20 Necrophobe.

1/3 chance my ass.

I got almost 30 zombie dragons, I hear you

This discussion has been closed.