As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What Kind of [Podcast] Do You Like?

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Therapy Podcasts Where the Host is Pretty Fucked Up
    ParaNorman is my favorite children's film by a country mile.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Podcasts With a Guy Playing a Character Talking to People Who Are Also Characters
    Their next movie looks pretty dang cute
    https://youtu.be/vM5VC7nCv_Y

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    There is a bit of a frustrating layer with Paranorman in that its one of the most positive LGBT messages I've seen in a childrens feature film

And then they made box trolls

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Podcasts With a Guy Playing a Character Talking to People Who Are Also Characters
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I am excited for Bumblebee

They finally realized the G1 Transformers actually look cool as they are.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Everyone I know loves Panic! At The Disco all over again right now

I was never not a fan

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Okay this hasn't been my favorite episode

But this is a delightful idea for the punch up

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I dunno, people talking about a tv show but not really about the tv show all the time?
    did the band Panic! At the Disco do the song that has the line "panic at the disco!" in it
    I can't remember the name of that song

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I dunno, people talking about a tv show but not really about the tv show all the time?
    did the band Panic! At the Disco do the song that has the line "panic at the disco!" in it

You're probably thinking of the line "fire in the disco" which was from Danger High Voltage by Electric Six

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    yep that's the one, thanks

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    OTHER (aka the coward's option)
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

You're probably thinking of the line "fire in the disco" which was from Danger High Voltage by Electric Six

is this free-association?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I can never remember which of Panic at the Disco and Fallout Boy is which, and I don’t care to learn.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Panic at the Disco randomly shouts out manifest destiny in their latest hit single, which is... Cool

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Wait hold on, a hit single by a mid-2000s band from Las Vegas with a flair for the dramatic, telling a vague story of infidelity abd stretching a single verse + chorus as far as they can

....this is just Mr Brightside

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Panic at the Disco randomly shouts out manifest destiny in their latest hit single, which is... Cool

I was introduced to that by this video (around 1:16) and had the same reaction as John

https://youtu.be/KmuZxX3pguM

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

It's a really dumb choice, because if they had chosen anything else to put in the lyrics, the song would have been a perfectly fine and fun single.

But they had to taint it like that by being careless.

Just let me like your stuff without having to feel kinda bad every time I hear one line!

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    The new All Fantasy Everything guest stars Rhea Butcher and they are drafting christmas movies

I love Rhea and wish I liked her podcast format better but always love when she guests on things!

also:

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    The new All Fantasy Everything guest stars Rhea Butcher and they are drafting christmas movies

I love Rhea and wish I liked her podcast format better but always love when she guests on things!

also:

That news article is fake

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    DrDinosaur wrote: »

also:

It is still a funny joke

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

It's a really dumb choice, because if they had chosen anything else to put in the lyrics, the song would have been a perfectly fine and fun single.

Just let me like your stuff without having to feel kinda bad every time I hear one line!

I feel kinda similarly about Money For Nothing

that one fucking line

• Options
    DrDinosaur wrote: »

also:

Sometimes the point was that it was a funny joke a comedian I like made

• Options
    Yeah I definitely remember that same headline making the rounds a while back. One of those things that resurfaces on social media every so often. It's fun.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    our space program should exclusively be gay couples like that one ancient military regiment

to make them... science... harder?

i dunno i just want Mars to be Gays Only, at least for a minute. most fabulous planet in the system!

• Options
    our space program should exclusively be gay couples like that one ancient military regiment

i dunno i just want Mars to be Gays Only, at least for a minute. most fabulous planet in the system!

Listen we don't know much about the personal lives of the robots that currently live there.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Good news guys notch decides to be a open nazi now

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    He hasn't really been hiding it and I'm pretty sure we all wrote him off long ago

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

I'd have been okay not knowing that

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Goddamn I knew he was a shithead but goddamn

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    C'mon Notch, it's too late to make your play to be nominated for Trending Gamer.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular

Listen we don't know much about the personal lives of the robots that currently live there.

Curiosity, indeed :winky:

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    C'mon Notch, it's too late to make your play to be nominated for Trending Gamer.

They've renamed it Content Creator of the Year, presumably in an attempt to escape the curse.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

that one fucking line

maybe someday the patd song will get new lyrics from weird al too

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Huh, I didn't know Annapurna did movies, I just knew them as an indie game publisher. Neat!

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

that one fucking line

maybe someday the patd song will get new lyrics from weird al too

Speaking of Weird Al and... this subject, The Night Santa Went Crazy has a slur in it too (that I 100% believe Al didn't know was a slur at the time) that makes me cringe every time I hear it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

What'd he do this time?

• Options
    naked anti-semitism

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    God please noone post open hate speech from notch

He's shit

We already know that

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i think the michael bay transformers movies are pretty bad

The new Bumblebee movie has a shot of John Cena pointing out that trusting beings that call themselves "Decepticons" might be a bad idea.

Bay didn't direct Bumblebee, it's the director of Kubo and the Two Strings.

Was Kubo any good? It piqued my interest but I couldn't find anyone willing to go see it with me.

Kubo gets this close to being an all time great movie. It has several transcendent moments but the sum really isn't greater than the whole of its parts.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Wait hold on, a hit single by a mid-2000s band from Las Vegas with a flair for the dramatic, telling a vague story of infidelity abd stretching a single verse + chorus as far as they can

....this is just Mr Brightside

I will not have the killers treated like this this is an outrage

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Huh, I didn't know Annapurna did movies, I just knew them as an indie game publisher. Neat!

Huh, weird.

They've been in the movie distro business for awhile. The did big award winners like Zero Dark Thirty and The Master and Her.

Hell, I had the opposite reaction. "Huh, I didn't know Annapurna did games."

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Anyway, people who are bad at Smash should be the only people who are allowed to play it on streams. If you know how to do "combos" you are disqualified. If you know what all the different buttons do and use all of a character's abilities in a match you are on thin ice and had best watch yourself.

i just watched them get their ass handed to them by the unlock fight for ROB and i am so deeply frustrated

Good, sit in that frustration, really stew in your irritation that people aren't as good at a dumb video game as you are, really confront that demon, maybe even slay it.

i don't think i'm too alone in finding it irritating when someone is struggling to do something you perceive as easy

i think there's abouuuuuut ten thousand "brad at video games" posts on this forum that would demonstrate that it's a pretty common feeling to have

This discussion has been closed.