As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    . wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Are socks the new Shaq Fu?

Socks are actually a Christmas tradition when we all get together in my family. Way back when, we'd all get an entire pack of white socks. Dudes got white athletic socks, ladies got white ankle socks. Now that the family has expanded tremendously, we get a pair of socks. Generally keeping with the white athletic/ankle socks, but last year we all got a pair of really fuzzy, colorful socks.
    Tradition also states that whoever is Santa and is handing out the gifts has to try to catch the sock receiver unawares when throwing it at them, hopefully hitting them in the head.

Slightly related: I have a tattoo that says "socks." Yes, with a period.

I rarely wear socks. I do at the gym.

This entire post is a delight.

I like to go away for a while then come back and overshare. What are your hobbies?

Wearing socks, co-opting traditions, and interacting with friends on a far too sporadic basis after they come out of their yearly hibernation.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I live in the frozen tundra of Minnesota and have all hard wood throughout.

I still never wear socks at home. I wear socks only when I have to and wearing fun, goofy socks is my way of rebelling against the idea of socks.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the only time i am sockless is in the shower or a hot tub

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    the only time i am sockless is in the shower or a hot tub

EzUAYcn.png
    crwth you fucking monster

how could you

6vjsgrerts6r.png

soak those socks aj

EzUAYcn.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    AJ soaks them.in pickle juice

no i drink boxed wine from a pickle jar

get it right!!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Mmmmm rum ham rum socks.

steam_sig.png
    i don't eat pork

6vjsgrerts6r.png

more pork for me

EzUAYcn.png
    i don't eat pork

That would technically be cannibalism.

hey aj is a lot of things

but he is no cop

EzUAYcn.png
    steve how could you call me a cop

6vjsgrerts6r.png

I was actually calling you an adorable pot bellied pig.

literally nobody would buy that i was adorable

the jig, she is up

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Cheese it fellas it's the heat!

ah hamburgers

maybe i am a cop

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So yesterday a package arrived! It had gifts from Satan!
    JxXXUs3.jpg

I was busy last night so I didn’t have time to properly gush about them, or look much deeper than what’s pictured here. Now that I’ve had time I can see there were a few more notes tucked away inside, detailing why these games were chosen and hinting that they are somebody I have given to in the past.

Bananagrams is something I have been adjacent to in the past but don’t remember playing, so that seems neat. The Skulls game being a bluffing game should go over well with my friends, as we’ve liked stuff like Avalon or Secret Hitler. And saying a game is like 7 Wonders is an easy in to my own heart, so that should put Sushi Party right up there.

I had set the box aside, and today while I was at work I got this text from my wife
    8gsjyjxxk2lb.jpeg
    Turns out she found the box and independently got excited to play one of the games! Not having to give her a sales pitch on why it’s gonna be fun is the greatest gift of all. :)

I will take more pictures when I can dig in and properly explore these games. :D

Perrsun on
    edited December 2018
    OTHER SOCKS!

rbg5pz8rqphu.jpg

Now this is curious.

Two pairs of The Scream socks.

Is this a message from Satan?

A warning... Am I in danger?

Did two different people send me gifts? Is there more than one Satan afoot?

Does Satan think i am a huge fan of VAN GOFF?

The mystery is aFOOT!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Oho, I just received a package that brings some matters into clarity that were unclear prior.

Last week, a package came, but the contents and tenor of the note suggested that they were from Critical Failures, not Satan! Here is that post in its entirety:
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Hark! A bludgeoning device!
    IMG_20181128_223332.jpg?width=473&height=630

And a note?
    IMG_20181128_223347.jpg?width=473&height=630

Why yes, I DO enjoy complex eurogames! Scythe, Ora et Labora, Low Lands, and Terra Mystica/Gaia Project are among some of my favorite games ever. But this is far too small to be something like that...what could be inside?
    IMG_20181129_131005.jpg?width=473&height=630
    IMG_20181129_131013.jpg?width=473&height=630

Fascinating! It strikes me as something between Low Lands and Deep Sea Adventure. Keen to try it out! Thanks mystery Santa!

(I have my suspicion as to who this is, but generally have a policy of not airing that knowledge, so as to respect the gifter's privacy)

(I'm also not 100% certain this is CF santa as I'm also signed up for Secret Satans, but the inquiry about complex eurogames and lack of Satan driven thematics suggests this to be more likely)

Then, a few days ago, I receive this.
    IMG_20181204_114012.jpg?width=473&height=630

Most excellent socks - while this may not have been the intent, I play a Warrior in FFXIV, which is typically represented symbolically by crossed axes, so this was more ideal than you might think!

Today, I received another package - which first required testing by the local authority.
    IMG_20181204_111451.jpg?width=473&height=630

Once cleared, there was another note!
    IMG_20181204_111550.jpg?width=473&height=630

But nobody named Old Scratch is in the CF exchange. Puzzlingly, nobody here is either.

And that's when I learned (with some judicious help from Google) that Old Scratch is another name for Satan.

A thousand apologies if you thought I was ignoring your missives, Satan - I'm just a dense goose, is all. The goods, though, are excellent:
    IMG_20181204_111540.jpg?width=473&height=630

Tonight is board game night and I think I have some homework to do!

My thanks to Satan for this bountiful crop!

I'm claiming this now, because my last gift won't let me put a note anyway.

You weren't dense, i just forgot to put a "from:" in my first note. It's all good, I had even seen your post in CF, because I was stalking for Satans.

I bought Hellapagos for myself after seeing this video, where the PA crew plays it and Tube features prominently. If you haven't played it yet, then definitely watch it.
    https://youtu.be/ib1kJkW2bQA

Caylus I got as a gift myself years ago and I really liked it. Sadly it's hard to find people who are that into complex games, so it's rarely played in our household. The first session can be confusing, but it gets better and it really is quite deep with multiple avenues to a win.

Funny that I got lucky with the socks, I chose them just because I thought they looked cool (and socks are this year's thing)

There is one last gift coming, but it might take a while.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Van Gogh didn't paint the scream
    It's an Edvard Munch joint

#pipe wrote: »

Oh yeah. That's what I get for posting at 6am.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Yeah but at least Van Gogh wasn't a fucking DRACULA.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    FYI Satan I will be away Sunday, Dec. 23 - Wednesday, Dec. 26, and then again for PAX South January 16 - January 21.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I will also be away Mon 24 to Thur 27. But there probably won't be any post for most of that time anyway.

• .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    After 5 days, my package is finally moving.. in the wrong direction! Sweet.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
    Don't forget, America

No mail today because we like to honor old white assholes when they die.

• JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    I ordered something last week and it said it would be in stock on the 5th. I checked it again today and now it says in stock on the 10th. Hopefully it will be in stock at some point because I ordered one for my brother too!

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Hi, Satan! I will be traveling from the 21st through the 30th, however my mail is very safe wherever it ends up so no need to fret.

But will it be fed?

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Hi, Satan! I will be traveling from the 21st through the 30th, however my mail is very safe wherever it ends up so no need to fret.

p8svleO.jpg

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular

On the off-chance I'm your Satanee this would mean it's probably going to end up in Australia

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    This thread is making me realize that my sock game is weak.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Don't forget, America

No mail today because we like to honor old white assholes when they die.

I like to pretend they're honoring my mother, who died on this day 14 years ago.

Children's rights are human rights.
    Platy wrote: »

On the off-chance I'm your Satanee this would mean it's probably going to end up in Australia

Then I hope it didn't go by Pony Express.

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    @Grobian Well thank you friendo! We didn't get to play either game on game night but I look forward to doing so in the near future <3

Will keep an eye out for another package, I finally got my informed delivery set up so I should be able to track stuff there :)

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    well i kinda messed up and shipping on this one batch of gifts apparently takes waaaaaaaay longer than I thought it would.

Gonna order the other batch of stuff sooner, so that something arrives before christmas.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Well I guess my gifts are going to be mysterious because I forgot to add my name! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Blake T

J’accuse!

I still don't know if any of the socks are from Satan or someone random