As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Legacy [Chat]ing

WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
Due to concerns for backwards compatibility you may only use language that existed before 1995 in this chat.

Any object-oriented or asynchronous chatting is strictly prohibited.

Sorry, but that's just what you get when you chat on large enterprise forums.

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Time to wayback machine to some geocities homepages for pointers.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Due to concerns for backwards compatibility you may only use language that existed before 1995 in this chat.

Any object-oriented or asynchronous chatting is strictly prohibited.

Sorry, but that's just what you get when you chat on large enterprise forums.

RIP in pepperonis Java

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I've never rooted for any of you and I'm not starting today

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    I.... see.

*prepares to burn it all down*

sig.gif
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ugh, I am so behind on advent of code. Been doing it in python and I think I forgot all the python I learned this summer.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    hi [chat]

I won $5,000 on a $2 lotto scratch off today

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    10 print "hello, world"
    20 goto 10

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Radical

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also I bet if I have to I can remember BASIC. First language I kind of learned on the commodore.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I love bringing up that dumb pilot. It is SO BAD.

Also, there was a really weird/dumb PC FPS for the series too.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    vishnub wrote:
    Or just an edible arrangement. Edible arrangements are like playing for keeps.

Nothing gets the ladies in a romantic mood more than an unreasonable amount of cantaloupe.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    idea: highlander FPS battle royale

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    what the shit

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    5.times { puts "Hello!" }

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I heard a rumor that George Lucas may finally be going to make Star Wars Episode I, it's going to be so awesome and radical

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    2 hour meeting with floor manager today.

I am now volunteered for being a trainer/reviewer for when the new program starts next year.

This sounds like responsibility, oh nooooooooooooooo

(also pretty much guaranteed 6 months contract extension, wheee)

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Time to wayback machine to some geocities homepages for pointers.

<marquee>Website Under Construction</marquee>

sig.gif
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I wish there was a CMS as good as Drupal but written in something other than PHP.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    ckjffhxfduu9.gif

ihesqw2i71jq.gif

Sign the guestbook!

Visit the [chat] Webring!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    what the shit

authentic 1994 slang documented in the movie the crow said by ernie hudson

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    hi [chat]

hi, it's me

your best friend who needs a garage for his house

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited December 2018
    spool32 wrote: »
    10 print "hello, world"
    20 goto 10

10 print "I < 3 BOOBIES"

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    On the upside this chat does support Macromedia Flash.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    200.gif

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Objective-C was created in 1984 and had crazy innovative shit in it, like its message-passing method invocation system that allowed for wacky runtime dynamism and fulfilled the promise of the model view controller pattern. True decoupling of the model was something that we'd only see much later from scripting languages like Python and Javascript. Java and other C derivatives never quite managed it in its purest form and had to resort to MVVM or weird bolt-ons like Qt's signal-slot system.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    snap yo, good job hahnsoo

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    hi [chat]

gambling is a sin in the eyes of the Lord but i just so happen to be a traveling priest selling indulgences

Radical

This chat is pretty fresh.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Don't forget the visitor counter

And constantly checking it / the metrics to see where people are visiting from.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    OBJECTION
    In late 1996, web developer John Woodell created a highly compressed animated gif from the source movie, as part of a demo of the movie-to-gif process. Woodell later published the gif to his employee web page of the Internet startup where he worked. The animated gif then proliferated to numerous other web sites, and later proceeded to show up in a broad array of mainstream media, including television dramas (e.g. Ally McBeal), commercial advertisements, and music videos between 1997–1998.

Kamiro wrote: »
    Don't forget the visitor counter

If you think about it, all analytics really is is just a fancy visitor counter.

Qanamil wrote: »
    snap yo, good job hahnsoo
    I maek gud webpages!

I could be a webmaster! That's a thing, right?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    BTW, remember when Ruby was the hot new thing?

(Lets see if Vanilla handles SVGs sanely)

major.svg

oldthing.svg

Poor Ruby

(From an article about GitHub active users: https://www.benfrederickson.com/ranking-programming-languages-by-github-users/)

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    chanus wrote:
    it’s tough because i like him

he’s a cool dude just trying to get along this life like everybody else
    there's always option B

2nibd8d8n3sh.jpg
    Man in threesome marriage: 'This should be the future of relationships'

Two bisexual women and one man proclaim threesome marriage "should be the future of relationships" and that their threesome parenting is "setting a good example."

Adam Lyons, 36, lives openly with two women, 28-year-old Brooke Shedd - with whom he has a two-year-old son, and 27-year-old Jane Shalakhova - who is eight months' pregnant with his third son. He already has a seven-year-old stepson from yet another relationship.

"Three parents are better than two," Lyons told the New York Post. "It enables us to manage daily life so much better."

He says he notices "normal" two-person couples are often exhausted and struggle to keep up with work and children. "With three people, it's logistically so much easier . . . We share out the responsibilities, and it fits our sexual preferences too."

http://www.canadiantimes.ca/ct2/index.php/canadian-values/stop-polygamy/2582-man-in-threesome-marriage-this-should-be-the-future-of-relationships

I only occasionally see unique non-university websites for authors/academics nowadays. If I do, 90% of the time it's a wordpress with no contact info and little content.

wandering wrote: »
    chanus wrote:
    it’s tough because i like him

he’s a cool dude just trying to get along this life like everybody else
    there's always option B

2nibd8d8n3sh.jpg
    Man in threesome marriage: 'This should be the future of relationships'

Two bisexual women and one man proclaim threesome marriage "should be the future of relationships" and that their threesome parenting is "setting a good example."

Adam Lyons, 36, lives openly with two women, 28-year-old Brooke Shedd - with whom he has a two-year-old son, and 27-year-old Jane Shalakhova - who is eight months' pregnant with his third son. He already has a seven-year-old stepson from yet another relationship.

"Three parents are better than two," Lyons told the New York Post. "It enables us to manage daily life so much better."

He says he notices "normal" two-person couples are often exhausted and struggle to keep up with work and children. "With three people, it's logistically so much easier . . . We share out the responsibilities, and it fits our sexual preferences too."

http://www.canadiantimes.ca/ct2/index.php/canadian-values/stop-polygamy/2582-man-in-threesome-marriage-this-should-be-the-future-of-relationships

step one become a bisexual woman

on it

Oh man

Next time we're negotiating pay raises I will demand my job title be upgraded to webmaster

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I like Ruby.

I'm sick and tired of loosely typed languages.

For a brief while I did Groovy, which is pretty much Ruby syntax on top of the Java VM.

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    hi [chat]

hi, it's me

your best friend who needs a garage for his house

ha

that won't pay for a garage in new york state

This discussion has been closed.