As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox/XBL] Crackdown 3 is out! And not delayed again!

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    It's obviously SCEA.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Maybe Double Fine or something left field

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    you never know. turtle rock and IO have nothing to do with Sony and Insomniac has made a Xbone exclusive game already.

Sucker Punch maybe?

What?

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Some no-name studio that no one remembers from Playstation 3/4 out of Western Europe.
    I'm stumped.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    you never know. turtle rock and IO have nothing to do with Sony and Insomniac has made a Xbone exclusive game already.

Sucker Punch maybe?

I wouldn't call Insomniac or Sucker Punch "mid-sized," unless the definition has gotten truly wacky lately.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Naughty Dog with a new TPS action game franchise exclusive to XBox:

Unexplored: Magellan's Macguffins

Starring Nolan North as the main character Norman "Norm" Magellan

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Truly, the asshole-plot-driven Gears of War/Tomb Raider clone we truly deserve.

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

Are you implying Nathan Drake is an asshole?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nObz_z0hbZE

He's a lovable puckish rogue.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    He said "a bit" which implies it won't be studios owned by or who heavily work with Sony. It sounds like something more akin to Ninja Theory.

Klobrille also said no on Insomniac, directly.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    It's obviously SCEE.

SONY never uses it.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I laughed at this too much given it's length.

Mostly because Nathan Drake's kind of a smug asshole lovable rogue puckish asshole.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I laughed at this too much given it's length.

Mostly because Nathan Drake's kind of a smug asshole lovable rogue puckish asshole.

I just remembered he's mad at James for talking shit on Nathan Fillion there, who's essentially Nathan Drake: The Guy

Meta Jokes!

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    BELOW IS RELEASING ON DECEMBER 14TH!!!! ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!

sorry but after all that time i felt all-caps was required.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    Lies.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Never heard of it. Looks creepy though.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    BELOW IS RELEASING ON DECEMBER 14TH!!!! ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!

sorry but after all that time i felt all-caps was required.

Wait. Wait.

Is Below a roguelike?

Because, if so, oh well.

• Options
    Ashen sounds like it's coming out on Friday. I imagine the Winter of Arcade thing from the Game Awards will be have those announcements, as well as Outer Wilds. At least I hope Outer Wilds.

I really want to play Outer Wilds.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Is outer wilds that game that was given out for free? I think I had that game preordered even though I never bought it.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    Is outer wilds that game that was given out for free? I think I had that game preordered even though I never bought it.

Yup.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    A launch trailer for Ashen just hit Xbox's Youtube page and disappeared into the wind.

It ended with "Available Now" so I guess whenever they air it during the TGAs.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I wasn't using my Game Pass enough, so a few days ago I cancelled it. I'd only had it for a couple of months, but I got surprise gifted Forza Horizon 4 at launch and then a few weeks later RDR2 came out which has been sucking up loads of game time, plus I already have most of what I'd have been interested in on it, you know how it goes. Losing access to Plunkbat is all that would have stung a bit (not that I play it much on Xbox, and I've got it elsewhere anyway), that and I haven't started Super Lucky's Tale yet and I do want to try that.

Microsoft clearly weren't going to let that stand as they offered me 50% off the six month plan instead. Twenty-four quid until the middle of June? Bastards got me hook, line and sinker with that. :lol: That covers the Crackdown 3 launch too, so sure, I'm in at that price. It'd be silly not to...

Jazz on
  • Options
    wow, did you guys know that Darksiders III released last week? Literally no hype about it. o_o

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    wow, did you guys know that Darksiders III released last week? Literally no hype about it. o_o

I saw some streams, but yeah it was a game that came out. I mean just cause 4 came out this week too.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    At least Just Cause 4 got visible reviews and stuff

• Options

it got a bare minimal marketing push. the weirdest thing was them doing a series of ASMR videos on the official Youtube channel. don't think anyone suspected Darksiders to be the first franchise to actively go after that market.

• Options
    edited December 2018

So did Darksiders 3. It just vanished off the radar that quickly.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

I read reviews for Darksiders 3 at IGN, Polygon, Kotaku, etc. It seems you fell asleep at the wheel here.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I saw a lot of Darksiders ads on YouTube around the release, didn't hear much either way on it's quality though

• Options
    Hmm, the only article on kotaku I can find is a first impressoins that says it's a "mess". Two on polygon... one about Darksiders 3 and one about how the sequels to Darksiders let the original down. On IGN there's videos but I can't say I care about videos so I guess the aggegator rightfully aggregated anything relating to the game out of my sight.

• Options

I saw the same for Darksiders III I'd say.

• Options
    DF looks at Just Cause 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5voyz4RBbo&t=0s

The big takeaway: well, it runs better than Just Cause 3 did.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    was there nothing about Metal Wolf Chaos with the game awards last night?

I've been hoping for that to drop for the past month and we only have three weeks left in the year to fulfill "Coming in 2018"

• Options
    looks like BELOW is coming to Game Pass when it releases next week. great news cause i am skint!.

• Options
    It's weird and probably fitting that now that Capy seems to actually be releasing Below I'm not even really keen on buying Below.

It can only disappoint me.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Ashen is getting good reviews. Too many good games not enough time

• Options
    Despite owning an XB1X, I still haven't picked up Red Dead Redemption. I'm suspicious it'll end up being like GTAV (at best a middling distraction, outside of time spent in multiplayer that left me dissatisfied) when there are a lot of other games I really want to finish--Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Nier: Automata, Ace Combat 7 next month, etc.

On the other hand, RDR2 is pretty clearly a masterpiece. And I have the best way to (currently) play it (though if GTA Online on PC is any indication, that might remain the case).

Dilemma.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i wish red dead's hdr wasn't terrible. i have to turn it off every time i boot the game at the system level or the game looks like trashgarbage.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i wish red dead's hdr wasn't terrible. i have to turn it off every time i boot the game at the system level or the game looks like trashgarbage.

Yeah, I've actually heard...rather uncomplimentary things about that. Someone, I imagine DF, made the comparison with Assassin's Creed: Origins which actually has a masterful implementation of HDR. And this actually matters to me, now that I have a Samsung Q6F.

Just goes to show you: HDR's good when it's done right. Otherwise it's just, well, bad.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Here's all of this month's Game Pass releases: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/12/07/xbox-game-pass-december-2018-update/
    Ashen and Mortal Kombat X today, Kingdom Two Crowns on the 11th, Pro Evo Soccer 19 and Spintires: Mudrunner on the 13th, Below on the 14th(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), Hellblade on the 17th, and Shadow Warrior 2 and Ori and the Blind Forest on the 20th. Really really good month.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Hmm, the only article on kotaku I can find is a first impressoins that says it's a "mess". Two on polygon... one about Darksiders 3 and one about how the sequels to Darksiders let the original down. On IGN there's videos but I can't say I care about videos so I guess the aggegator rightfully aggregated anything relating to the game out of my sight.

Here is the polygon review: https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2018/11/26/18103429/darksiders-3-review-pc-ps4-xbox-one

Here is the IGN review: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/26/darksiders-iii-review

And here is the Jim Sterling review (which he calls impressions... but it's a review of how he felt about it): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV4NBgofQh0

That Kotaku one you saw was the review.