As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    What you need is like a red glow on cards that aren’t activated.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I need the best card to play to glow blue so I know what to play.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    Teriferin wrote: »
    @ Elvenshae
    I tried out spell Hunter on ladder and it seems to lose to everything. No meme is too slow for this deck to fail to kill before they draw their entire deck!

what list are you running? the deck is really strong right now if you get the matchups right

I was running this list:
    ### I Hunt Alone
    # Class: Hunter
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Raven
    #
    # 2x (1) Candleshot
    # 2x (1) Hunter's Mark
    # 2x (1) Secret Plan
    # 2x (1) Tracking
    # 2x (2) Explosive Trap
    # 1x (2) Freezing Trap
    # 2x (2) Wandering Monster
    # 2x (3) Animal Companion
    # 2x (3) Deadly Shot
    # 2x (3) Kill Command
    # 2x (4) Flanking Strike
    # 2x (5) Baited Arrow
    # 2x (5) Lesser Emerald Spellstone
    # 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
    # 2x (6) To My Side!
    # 1x (7) Rhok'delar
    # 1x (10) Zul'jin
    #
    AAECAR8EhwTp0gKG0wKbhQMNjQGoArUDyQSXCMUI3dIC39IC49IC4eMC6uMCh/sCoooDAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Went 3-6 with it around Rank 9. It may have been just figuring out the deck, as I went 0-5 followed by 3-1. Shudderwock Shaman felt like a particularly awful matchup, as its board clears have no problem sweeping anything this deck can put out, and it draws fast enough to get them reliably.

teriferin#1625
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    matchup stats for the spell hunter archetype as well as that specific variant are posting around a 56% winrate against shudderwock; if you keep pressuring their health total they will just die

you're the beatdown and they're the control, find any spell that can give you minions and if you have to, dig for rexxar to make more

Dehumanized on
  • TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    matchup stats for the spell hunter archetype as well as that specific variant are posting around a 56% winrate against shudderwock; if you keep pressuring their health total they will just die

you're the beatdown and they're the control, find any spell that can give you minions and if you have to, dig for rexxar to make more

Perhaps I wasn't getting Rexxar early enough. I'd play multiple rounds of spell stone and To My Side/Animal Companion, but every single one was answered with Volcano, Lightning Storm or Hagatha. I'm pretty sure I did over 60 damage to one of them, but they played 3 healing rains.

Maybe I should mull for Rexxar to try to generate minions that can survive their non-Volcano AOE?

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    hagatha is sort of the wildcard in the matchup, tbh. her infinite value is sometimes way better than spell hunter's consistent pressure. before the decks are shuffled, though, hunter should be favored :^)

Dehumanized on
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »

i want the game to develop an algorithm that will tell people if they should concede at the start of the match so as to not waste their time in an auto-lose matchup

the game would be so much more efficient that way!

legend here i come!!!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

i want the game to develop an algorithm that will tell people if they should concede at the start of the match so as to not waste their time in an auto-lose matchup

the game would be so much more efficient that way!

legend here i come!!!

Just slide in a a single line that tells them to concede if their opponent has your bnet ID.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Can confirm that the lady person keeps the buffs when discarded and copied.

As in, the 2 new copies retain whatever buffs she had.
    1dmdps50mw1z.png

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    things wot I learned today:

runespear is a very good priest card

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Played around with the new Kingsbane stuff, it seems like it's going to be a real deck this time. I was struck though at how Blizzard undervalues tutoring draw, like they somehow think it is worse than just regular. Like Raiding Party and Shinyfinder compared to Arcane Intellect and Novice Engineer. Sure the effects are less general than just drawing a card, but they are stronger in the decks that can use them.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Alright, if this matchup is winnable this deck might just have legs.

gYGLlBP.png?1
    They still made it difficult--far sight'd volcano, fire plume harbinger'd murmuring ele, far sight'd lifedrinker was their turn. Was one off lethal before the Nightmare.

Also no, that isn't our Bedlam. I checked :P

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Sometimes cards are better because they want to push something. Without Shinyfinder to tutor Kingsbane the deck would be flat unplayable due to inconsistency.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    You want to talk about Pushed Cards I can show you some seriously bullshit pushed MtG cards.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I fucking hate how Gonk druid is functionally indistinguishable from Maly druid right up until they OTK you, because the approaches to stop them are exact opposites. You need to have 0-1 minions on board to stall Gonk, but you have to go wide to even have a chance of rushing down Maly.

None of this would be possible of course, without the completely and utter bullshit that is branching paths and UI. Nourish should be a huge tempo loss, not a card with literally no downside ever because UI exists.

I haven’t even come across the bullshit that is the new taunt druid.

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Sometimes cards are better because they want to push something. Without Shinyfinder to tutor Kingsbane the deck would be flat unplayable due to inconsistency.

Even with shinyfinder and raiding party sometimes you still whiff on the leaching poison or even sufficient draw to get the blade.

I played a few games with it at the start of the expasion and all 5 (KB + the 4 draws) of those cards were in the bottom half of my deck at least twice. In another game I recall never drawing the leaching poisons even though I think I had less than 5 cards left at the end.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Shinyfinder had better be better than Novice Engineer. The former is a class card and the latter is a neutral!

Novice was a 1/2 once upon a dream, it was universally run so they had to nerf it.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    why is kingsbane a thing again aaaaaaaa that deck is super not fun to play against

because they printed an additional weapon tutor

liEt3nH.png
    matchup just boils down to spellstone/duskbreaker or rexxar/talanji draw order zzzzzzzzzzz

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Goat come play MTG Arena with us, it's slightly less bullshit and way more F2P friendly.

If you think Kingsbane is annoying in Standard you should see it in Wild with Cold Light Oracle replacing all the bad draw and Tinker's Oil replacing all the bad weapon buffs.

ronzo wrote: »
    I fucking hate how Gonk druid is functionally indistinguishable from Maly druid right up until they OTK you, because the approaches to stop them are exact opposites. You need to have 0-1 minions on board to stall Gonk, but you have to go wide to even have a chance of rushing down Maly.

None of this would be possible of course, without the completely and utter bullshit that is branching paths and UI. Nourish should be a huge tempo loss, not a card with literally no downside ever because UI exists.

Astral tiger + hadronox + undertaker? I think I ran into one of them, but it seemed a bit slow and got run over by my rush warrior.

steam_sig.png
    Novice was a 1/2 once upon a dream, it was universally run so they had to nerf it.
    Yup. But that was back before release so all you had was the basic/classic set. I kind of doubt it'd be an issue now if it were unnerfed.

edited December 2018
    3clipse wrote: »
    Goat come play MTG Arena with us, it's slightly less bullshit and way more F2P friendly.

Both of these statements are patently false.

Edit: Like come on, you can't look at me with a straight face and say I could do stupid memes like Talanji in magic and have any hope of winning anything. That's not how that game works! And card acquisition is way worse considering I have, you know, an entire HS collection already :P

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    ronzo wrote: »

Astral tiger + hadronox + undertaker? I think I ran into one of them, but it seemed a bit slow and got run over by my rush warrior.

All of druid’s decks are slightly slow, it’s likely the sole reason they haven’t been nerfed into the ground like quest rogue was.

The new taunt druid just summons a wall of taunts every turn and can never be fatigued. Mechathun is probably still the strongest version of the Druid OTK deck though, because if you can can stay alive long enough to draw your whole deck anyway, why not just win on the spot instead of drawing the match out to 20+ minutes

The Hakkar Togwaggle list can do like 50+ points of fatigue damage without having to empty its hand first.

Edit: Like come on, you can't look at me with a straight face and say I could do stupid memes like Talanji in magic and have any hope of winning anything. That's not how that game works! And card acquisition is way worse considering I have, you know, an entire HS collection already :P

WELL.

To your point 1, the quickplay feature has a deck quality algorith, a legit one, so if you make some weird jank you probably won't get matched against Alpha Force Five And Their Friends, A Team Of Actual Bears. There's a lot more room for silly shit.

To your point 2, I guess that's true, but in terms of starting from 0 MtGA is a lot more friendly about earning cards and packs. But anyway I shouldn't evangelize tooooo hard in here.

WELL.

To your point 1, the quickplay feature has a deck quality algorith, a legit one, so if you make some weird jank you probably won't get matched against Alpha Force Five And Their Friends, A Team Of Actual Bears. There's a lot more room for silly shit.

To your point 2, I guess that's true, but in terms of starting from 0 MtGA is a lot more friendly about earning cards and packs. But anyway I shouldn't evangelize tooooo hard in here.

Don't worry, I gave MTGA a good month. I just bounced off it--magic isn't fun enough for me without the in-person element.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Did you try Artifact at all? It only takes an hour and a half to play a bo3!

edited December 2018
    Did you try Artifact at all? It only takes an hour and a half to play a bo3!

Naw, from the streams I watched it didn't seem like the gameplay loop was my kind of thing. The card imps are cute, though.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Toggwaggle and azalina was the biggest mistake. It's the deck I hate losing to the most in this game.

steam_sig.png
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    togwaggle was much better when it was an unplayable meme card

i was okay with that

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    togwaggle was much better when it was an unplayable meme card

i was okay with that

Yes both cards are fine, in separate years.

steam_sig.png
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Why does Blizzard make a Whizbang deck that uses Dragon's Fury and Spiteful Summoners with cheap spells in it?
    Because that's how they expected it to be done.

it's a core aspect of how they balance

liEt3nH.png
    If Whizbang gave you consistently non-shitty decks then they think too many people would never buy other cards.

Deck recipes were shit before Whizbang

liEt3nH.png
    edited December 2018
    But now they are actively incentivized to keep them bad.

forty on
    They couldn't make them good if they wanted to

liEt3nH.png