As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Silly question - is there a way to purchase any of these digital games on sale before, you know, the boy opens the Switch on Christmas?

I assume you have a Nintendo account of some sort to set up - but can you do so without the console? (My last console was a Wii about 10 years ago)

The_Infidel on
    edited December 2018
    Silly question - is there a way to purchase any of these digital games on sale before, you know, the boy opens the Switch on Christmas?

I assume you have a Nintendo account of some sort to set up - but can you do so without the console? (My last console was a Wii about 10 years ago)

You sure can!

https://www.nintendo.com/games/switch

Edit: Though it's been a while, you may have to have your Switch linked to your Nintendo account.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Do you have the console right now though? It would certainly be to your benefit to open it up now and get everything set up, download system updates and all that jazz.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Is MUA3 still published by Activision?

no it's being published by Nintendo, developed by Team Ninja.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    Do you have the console right now though? It would certainly be to your benefit to open it up now and get everything set up, download system updates and all that jazz.

Ahh, good point. Thanks.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I must not be in the loop, so what’s the big deal about Marvel Ultimate Alliance?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    be sure to actually power it off before you box it up again by holding down the power button for 3 seconds and selecting "power options" > "power off" from the menu, just pressing the power button normally puts it in sleep mode and it might drain the battery out before xmas.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I must not be in the loop, so what’s the big deal about Marvel Ultimate Alliance?

It was a great Diablo-type Marvel game back in the day that we all assumed everyone had forgotten and would never see another sequel to.

• BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    I recently setup a Switch that will be a Christmas gift. I opted to use my joycons and cell phone charger (you could use your Switch charger too) so the only thing I had to mess with is the packaging holding the Switch itself.

It also wouldn't be a bad time to apply a screen protector.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Played local coop of Ultimate Alliance for hundreds of hours.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I played some Marvel Ultimate Alliance with my brother back in the day, hopefully we can recreate that magic in the new one.

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I am psyched to play UA3 with my girlfriend.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Man I didn't even think about setting up the Switch before wrapping it. We got one for our kids for christmas, it's the MK8 bundle. I should get it downloaded and ready to play.

Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Should I set it up with my NID or will that cause weird issues? Maybe I should set up a family account and figure out if/how to link them so I can monitor it?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I take it Metroid Prime Trilogy was a no-show?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Guess which console is in the logos at the end of the Mortal Kombat 11 trailer?

• NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    I take it Metroid Prime Trilogy was a no-show?

I still hold out hope for anything Metroid.

Its not looking good.

the show's still going I think, judging from the threads

BahamutZERO.gif
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    MK 11 on the Switch?! Hey now.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Is MUA3 still published by Activision?

no it's being published by Nintendo, developed by Team Ninja.

M-my dick... it just rocketed off into space. I've achieved mega-ultra maximum arousal.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    I wonder if they'll port over Mortal Kombat 9 and 10. That'd be nice.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Persona chars for Switch, that's cool.
    Crazy that they have DLC chars already. Doesn't the game come with like 70 fighters? Wild.

vamen on
    Stranger Things 3: The Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMR16H9XRxw

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    So I really hope this means we'll get a port of Persona 5 at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7z1Ny1kc6g

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    So I don't really follow awards shows, but these were the games up for GOTY tonight at the game awards

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
    Celeste
    God of War
    Marvel’s Spider-Man
    Monster Hunter: World
    Red Dead Redemption 2

One of these things is not like the others, and I mean that in the best way possible. I was absolutely blown away by Celeste and even though they didn't win, those guys and girls should feel damn proud about what they accomplished and that they were able to even be in the same category with those massive games.

XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I am marginally getting a kick out of the Nintendo e-shop servers being hosed up right now? I was thinking of trying Smash out at Midnight, but it looks like that's simply not going to happen. Not sure it's actually unlocking at midnight regardless, no matter what the ads during the Game Awards seemed to indicate.

Edit: Fucking nevermind. I'm in bitches! Smash is go!

Namrok on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Persona chars for Switch, that's cool.
    Crazy that they have DLC chars already. Doesn't the game come with like 70 fighters? Wild.

They announced a planned slate of 5 characters bundled with stages and music over the next year. Plus Piranha Plant as a standalone 6th char you can get free by registering in the first month of release or so (well, you get it when it's finished and released if you registered).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So Reggie said the DLC characters are all new to Smash and ones you wouldn't expect to see. Oh man... what if they got Commander Shepard in there?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    They're already starting from "everyone is here" so by definition, any DLC character has to have not appeared before. ;P

...unless he means all new, as in they never even appeared as an assist trophy, in which case RIP my dreams of Isaac.

Oh brilliant
    I'll be beyond baffled if a XC2 character doesn't make the DLC list.

But aside from that, I would imagine any outside Nintendo characters that make it in would have to be in some way beneficial to Nintendo or have some history with them.

Shepard, I would say, would not be on that list. Not to mention that for many people it wouldn't be their Shepard anyway, even if they did both the male and female defaults.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some more SE characters in there. DQB2 is coming out soon in Japan, I could see a DQ character show up. Any number of FF characters, particularly with SE pushing almost all the FF games from the past few decades on the Switch. Bethesda has been a super big Switch supporter, so maybe the Doom Slayer or BJ. If they managed to port FO4 there, there's any number of FO characters, even maybe just the Fallout Guy. Steve/Alex from Minecraft? Or if Microsoft wants to dump on Sony some, Master Chief? Nah, probably not. :lol:

doomguy and BJ both seem even harder to fit in to smash than snake was but they got snake to work so I won't rule it out

BahamutZERO.gif
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    My friend pointed out: no Western guest characters yet. They're all from Japanese devs.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I could totally see "Generic Dragonborn" if Bethesda got a character in there, they pretty much use the same guy for all of their art + merch anyway.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Just like that EA fighting game. They need Football Guy, Car, etc.

edit: i-PgFDq44.jpg

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    I could totally see "Generic Dragonborn" if Bethesda got a character in there, they pretty much use the same guy for all of their art + merch anyway.

It could work, but it'd be hard to incorporate putting a bucket on another players head and stealing all their brooms and cheese wheels.

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

Nah.

Cliff Racer Ridley echo.

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    My friend pointed out: no Western guest characters yet. They're all from Japanese devs.
    Not as fighters, but there's the Shovel Knight assist Trophy and there was a Shantae Spirit in the final Smash Ultimate Direct.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Got friends coming over for Smash night, just debating whether I should try unlocking anyone before they get here. Might be more fun to just have the starting roster?

Oh brilliant
    having the unlocking process be part of the fun smash marathon is double fun IMO

BahamutZERO.gif