As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Keighlys are go (The Game Awards 2018)

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Who made Black Ops 4 their GOTY?

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Persona 5 would be really great to have, ironically, when killing time on public transit

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Remember me earlier talking about hoping Bear takes home something?

Yeah. That'll do. :)

SMASH IN TEN!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    monster hunter world is still a real good game, and at least it won best rpg.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Huh

I thought for sure there would be a "one more thing" reveal

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    So the Avengers game continues to be completely MIA

That thing's never coming out, is my guess

I don't know what the hell else the Russos would be there for, is the thing

Presenting an award, apparently

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Keighley put on a really good show there.

Still wish they'd give every award ample time, but there weren't any awards given out there that felt completely out of place and some of the reveals tonight were genuine surprises.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Huh

Yeah, I was expecting the Russo brothers to show something

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Huh

yeah, me too. i was wrong twice in one shit post. what a fucking travesty

• Options
    I still can't believe we're getting Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

I expected it to just be that in spirit, at best!

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The show has really come a long way from what it first was, and I'm pretty sure that has tons to do with Keighly.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Mortal Kombat reveal here being a CG movie that basically could have been ginned up literally whenever seems to suggest that they made the deliberate decision to not reveal it at E3 in favor of the Game Awards.

Just something I was turning over in my head earlier.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    RDR2 lost huh?

Sometimes awards are good.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Apparently Rockstar left after not winning GOTY.

Hahahahahaha

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    That fits so well with everything I think about Rockstar.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    i honestly thought that god of war won best direction as kind of a gimmie so people didn't feel cheated when rdr2 won goty. but here i am. in correct and thinking about the pirate game with a dragon instead of the other things because none of it really interested me that much.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Mortal Kombat 11 preorders are up, preorder bonus is Shao Kahn this time (Goro was the bonus for MKX) and beta access

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I’m fine with rdr2 not winning but people gleefully celebrating it seems weird

I dunno

I’m certainly not applauding Rockstar’s business practices but, fuck, I don’t even know what point I’m trying to make

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The RDR2 zeitgeist has come to embody the tasteless parts of gaming culture, people scoffing at involving "politics", people raging when their favourite thing isn't chosen. The fandom's bad.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    My roommate came home right before GotY and when they announced God of War he said "which one is that?" and I said "BOY" and he went "oh yeah"

• Options
    The RDR2 zeitgeist has come to embody the tasteless parts of gaming culture, people scoffing at involving "politics", people raging when their favourite thing isn't chosen. The fandom's bad.

Yeah, that’s fair, people do get weirdly obsessive over defending their shit.

• Options
    My thing with RDR2 is that I feel like it is a Good video game that has enough money behind it that it looks like it's a Great video game

It felt like the majority of the rewards tonight could have replaced "Best" with "Most Expensive"

Of course my favorite game of the year, Spider-Man, wasn't exactly an indie project either, so maybe I'm just a big dumb hypocrite

• Options
    I think part of my issue is that I mostly post about videogames here, where people are largely fairly reasonable about their opinions, and don’t really engage in twitter or other places where people foam at the mouth if their opinion is challenged.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I’m fine with rdr2 not winning but people gleefully celebrating it seems weird

I dunno

I’m certainly not applauding Rockstar’s business practices but, fuck, I don’t even know what point I’m trying to make

RDR2 not winning is like the Patriots not winning the Super Bowl

A generally good feeling, and I don’t even like football

• Options
    i didn't get rdr2 because it sounded boring and tedious. and then it came out and it looked boring and tedious.

so, i will continue to not play it.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
  • Options
    That said Rockstar taking their ball and going home like a buncha whiny babies when their game didn’t win is very funny

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I would also have left if I didn't win GOTY because fuck, how long was I sitting here? it's late, I can go home now

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Twitch chat seemed to be convinced that GoW was made by "libtards" and that RDR2 was a game made for true gamerz so... congratulations to God of War for the win. If Twitch chat is emblematic of the Red Dead fanbase then fuck 'em. The game could be fine, great even, but I have no time for the neo-conservative mentality that fuels bullshit arguments like that.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Twitch chat seemed to be convinced that GoW was made by "libtards" and that RDR2 was a game made for true gamerz so... congratulations to God of War for the win. If Twitch chat is emblematic of the Red Dead fanbase then fuck 'em. The game could be fine, great even, but I have no time for the neo-conservative mentality that fuels bullshit arguments like that.

Yeah, see, I don’t see that sort of thing at all so it makes sense why people would be happier that it lost.

• Options

Yeah, see, I don’t see that sort of thing at all so it makes sense why people would be happier that it lost.

I don't know, after playing GTA 5 earlier this year, I can see how Rockstar fosters such sentiments.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    el_vicio wrote: »

I don't know, after playing GTA 5 earlier this year, I can see how Rockstar fosters such sentiments.

Yeah, GTAV is particularly gross.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I wasn't aware of it until tonight. I'm not sure if I should leave twitch chat off more or on so I can be more cognizant of the toxic atmosphere.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I honestly don't give a shit about RDR2. It's just a game I would dislike playing big deal there are tons of those i'll just not play it.

It's Rockstar I hate and am happy when they fail. Even if that failure is only symbolic because they still made billions of dollars off of abusing their workforce.

Aistan on
  • Options
    I wasn't aware of it until tonight. I'm not sure if I should leave twitch chat off more or on so I can be more cognizant of the toxic atmosphere.

I'm pretty glad I had it off when that trans lady came on stage

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Oh my god