As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Game Awards 2018] Habemus doritos papem.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular

Apparently Rockstar left after not winning GOTY.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    And it's got Christopher Judge, and anything with Teal'c is probably the best thing.

I lost my marbles laughing my head off with him reading Dad jokes on Youtube.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Salty BOYYYYYYYs of the year

wWuzwvJ.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Good

Eat shit Rockstar

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Unlike micro-transactions I guess the TGAs were not the gift that keeps on giving for Rockstar.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    Woof. You'd think they'd be walking up on stage congratulating the GoW team on pulling off a major award on their own. Rockstar is going to get lauded for Red Dead 2 from so many other sources.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    No Bayo or Smash? Jesus Nintendo, make an effort.

Smash releases in like 5 minutes...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

Good

Eat shit Rockstar

Hold on, can we get verification on this?

Did they actually walk out...like while Barlog was speaking?

And are we talking like asshat execs or actual development team?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

Oh come on, I mean I did jump out of my chair and all in excitement that they didn't win GOTY but it wasn't because of them specifically; it was just the Oscar Bait nature that seemed to dominate the bulk of the show. If they're actually being pissy about this, eff off.

Also yay for God of War! Definitely well deserved.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Absalon wrote: »
    No Bayo or Smash? Jesus Nintendo, make an effort.

Smash releases in like 5 minutes...

Also they literally had the most hype announcement of the night!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    In honor of GoW GotY win I figure I'll repost this to put a smile on everyone's face.

https://youtu.be/PWwvR6cSH4o

Axen wrote: »
    Unlike micro-transactions I guess the TGAs were not the gift that keeps on giving for Rockstar.

Dear god. Could it be this year they actually make me care about the TGAs for once. Maybe even look forward to next years? Say it ain't so.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Detroit become human with no wins

Really awesome announcements this year, so much more hyped after the VGAs than I was after E3.

MUA3 is the show stealer for me, but MK11 is up there. Also Obsidian's game and Far Cry's neon Fallout game look great too.

Y'know I do give Rockstar shit for their micro-transactions, but I gotta give them some respect for being honest about it.

Most companies are all, "Oh it's for the players" or "We need to make money back".

But Rockstar is straight up, "Yah-nah, we do it for that sweet ass dosh yo."

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Man I was really, REALLY hoping that was a persona 5 switch announcement. Fuck you Nintendo.

I would be shocked if that wasn't in the works given the smash thing happening

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    DmC is the only Devil May Cry worth a shit

I agree, but DMC 5 is looking like it may join that exclusive club.

Wew lads, those are pretty rotten hot takes. If you don't like anything about DMC 1-4 then DMC 5 proooobably isn't for you because it's being pretty blatantly made for series fans. If you were hoping for a game with unlikable characters and easy mode combat where you can brainlessly button mash to instantly get SSS combos then this isn't for you.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Man I was really, REALLY hoping that was a persona 5 switch announcement. Fuck you Nintendo.

I would be shocked if that wasn't in the works given the smash thing happening

I’d be happy if it was in the works but a while off. Maybe give it the Golden treatment and take the opportunity to patch up or rework some parts.

Plus I assume SMT5 is probably taking most of their attention.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    If there is a Persona 5 “golden” I hope at least I’ll be able to get the extra content as dlc

• eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I totally didn't recognize Christopher Judge with hair when he came on to present. Had I had the speakers on I probably would've recognized Teal'c though.

(She/Her)
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I still need to play.....most/all of the TGA nominees.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    if god of war was like, 10 hours shorter i'd probably have loved it.

it just dragged on so long.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Oh I once ate at a Mexican restaurant with a bunch of people including Lena Raine.

That's my TGA claim to fame.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I was pulling for Celeste, but GoW is perfectly acceptable.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    So my MIA

Metroid: Initially reports of Metroid Prime 4 being hear, but they got downgraded to Metroid Prime Trilogy for the switch. No such luck
    Outer Wilds: Was hoping for a release date alongside the other Winter of Arcade titles, no such luck. (I don't think that game is coming out in 2018)
    Avengers: Man, this thing dropped off the face of the planet.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I was pulling for Celeste, but GoW is perfectly acceptable.

Basically my feelings. I'd have voted for Celeste because that was definitely my GotY, but Dad of Boy is acceptable.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I adore RDR2. I adore God of War. I adore Celeste. Woulda been okay with either winning.

But I was really pulling for Spiderman to be honest.

This generation has been an embarrassment of riches for games, which is why the incessant WHARGARBL method of discourse about games on the internet is utterly baffling to me.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Nevermind. I'm a dumb.

Big Classy on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Wew lads, those are pretty rotten hot takes. If you don't like anything about DMC 1-4 then DMC 5 proooobably isn't for you because it's being pretty blatantly made for series fans. If you were hoping for a game with unlikable characters and easy mode combat where you can brainlessly button mash to instantly get SSS combos then this isn't for you.

Hey

Hey

No

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    In honor of GoW GotY win I figure I'll repost this to put a smile on everyone's face.

What!? Kratos is Teal'C? My mind has been blown.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »

What!? Kratos is Teal'C? My mind has been blown.

Only the new GoW the previous ones were TC Carson

TOGSolid wrote: »

DmC Dante was awesome as fuck, and IMO cooler than regular Dante. DmC only had "unlikable characters" because most gamers are babies who get mad that developers push out the same old games all the time, but then have a fit when developers try something new. I enjoy action games like this in general, and am well aware how DMC games work. I'll proooobably enjoy DMC 5 even though I'm a brainless casual and not a hardcore pro like you.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    DmC was an okay game with gorgeous level design that gave itself a self-inflicted mortal wound by having the Devil May Cry license.

It could've been anything else and avoided the vitriol. But no, they got the license and then they gave a fuckawful pitch (the infamous "Dante is not a gay cowboy" presentation) and that set the tone. After that, there was a group of customers they were never going to get back.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    DmC also had really fun level design. The living twisting spaces outside of human perception was a great way to go.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    DmC was an okay game with gorgeous level design that gave itself a self-inflicted mortal wound by having the Devil May Cry license.

It could've been anything else and avoided the vitriol. But no, they got the license and then they gave a fuckawful pitch (the infamous "Dante is not a gay cowboy" presentation) and that set the tone. After that, there was a group of customers they were never going to get back.

I just wished the main character was, like, anything else. Dude grated on me constantly and immensely. I just have zero patience for that kind of character. The action was fine, decent DMC stuff, and some creative levels, but christ on a biscuit did I spend the game wishing Dante would shut up.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I played like 3 hours of GoW. I got to where they give you a canoe and a giant lake to explore and I was like "nah, I don't want to explore this lake" and I never played again.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I played like 3 hours of GoW. I got to where they give you a canoe and a giant lake to explore and I was like "nah, I don't want to explore this lake" and I never played again.

Cool.

You missed out on a really good game though.

Lucascraft wrote: »

It's cause of people like you that we're not taking vacations to Mars already!

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I could not handle God of War’s particular brand of macho bullshit