As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile]Betrayal League December 7th

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Sapped is amazing...as an HC player.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Cast on Crit buffs are the missing link that Static Strike needs, it was really underwhelming last league when I started with it

it was super good last league too, but the trick was you needed chain and aoe. static strike target seeking is done in a radius, and that radius is used for further chaining. with good aoe and for example dual mjolners + a chain support gem it would happily offscreen - coc arc in that and you had something that would clear maps for you as fast as you could run until you needed to refresh it!

another useful setup for it i found was boots with fortify and inc duration. wack ss coc spell and a support or a second spell and for a cheapo pair of boots you got your fortify etc setup and skill duration from the passive, very chonk

Right which is why I've been thinking about Ice Shot and just scaling cold damage/ bonechill since everything will be chilled all of the time. Ice Shot, Frostbolt, Arctic breath, faster attacks, increased crit, CoC.

THE DREAM someone tell me I'm right. PLS........

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Trickster vs Occultist is, like, the hardest decision I've ever had to make and I've had to make it like six times already

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    New skills sound great and all but my Blight Occultist from last league pretty much got massively buffed and I'm tempted to do it again. Chaos DoT Multiplier gives it some much-needed damage.

I have a feeling that the Steel skills will be a little overpowered. Stacking flat bonus damage is where things like HoWA and BLS get crazy and Champion changes combined with Banners sound ridiculous

Cold DoT Occultist with a Blasphemy Temp Chains could be even better than the Blight version. I think cold skills are going to largely depend on how well Bonechill works with a minimum chill effect (from Vortex and chilled ground) because going Elementalist just to get reliable chill effectiveness is sort of lame. I'm more intrigued by a Trickster/Elementalist Scion with some trivial ignite to trigger the life recovery.

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Hey, did that phys. herald and/or melee summoner playstyle from Delve patch ever go anywhere? Is it good and/or easy?
    I wanna play a summoner again, but I also want to do stuff.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Oh man did it ever go places. There are several flavors of straightforward screen clearing goodness.

Heralds of Purity, Agony and Dominating Blow work. Static Strike and Smite are both great, the little incense burner thing does what it says on the tin. Mix and match with the usual suspects from the summoner playbook and you can face roll.

Pretty well all the new hotness remains hot

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Traveling back from NYC today. So I imagine ill be dead tired once I get home around midnight pst having got up around 3 AM PST because east coast messes up sleep schedule.

• Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    Aight gents, today is the day! I'm ready for this league to start. What time do they normally go live? I'm working till 6 so I won't be in till at least 8 but I want to get started tonight

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    4 hours and 28 minutes from now

if you go to https://www.pathofexile.com/ they have a countdown

J3qcnBP.png
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Okay... so im going to try an ele hit, agony crawler, toxic rain, CoC, MS, Trigger on death support aurabot.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    My problem with Zombie based Summoners, even back in the aura snapshot days, is you clear even slower than usual.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    So whats the smart person way to do defenses, like is there a general rule of thumb for nodes to hit or stats to prioritize or something

2x39jD4.jpg
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    So whats the smart person way to do defenses, like is there a general rule of thumb for nodes to hit or stats to prioritize or something

160%+ hp for sc, 180+ for hc

look into ways to mitigate both phys and ele dmg. dodge (acro and phase acro) are the cornerstones of "good defense"

armor can be good, but mostly its bad unless stacked to 50k+. same with evasion

endurance charges and flat damage reduction is good

loreweave is arguably best chest in game, stuff like lightning coil too

leech and regen also count, but without overleech (slayer or ascendant) leech is not very reliable

J3qcnBP.png
    Yilias wrote: »
    My problem with Zombie based Summoners, even back in the aura snapshot days, is you clear even slower than usual.

Queen's Escape works wonders for this

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Hey, did that phys. herald and/or melee summoner playstyle from Delve patch ever go anywhere? Is it good and/or easy?
    I wanna play a summoner again, but I also want to do stuff.

You could play a Summon Raging Spirits summoner! It's pretty active and has the added bonus of being able to switch into Soulwrest for endgame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZRRFs-cWdA

Edit: Although Soulwrest is like...the opposite of doing stuff, because you just run around as fast as possible :P

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
    Rius wrote: »
    Trickster vs Occultist is, like, the hardest decision I've ever had to make and I've had to make it like six times already

i have been eyeing a Facebreakers warchief berseker totem build

but arc traps!!!

this feel

J3qcnBP.png
    I keep looking at builds, but who am I kidding

I'm playing self cast Arc again

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Id say id do a safe and known build but it will most likely be something with the new reworks etc. Like always. You know something like CoC Scourge Arrow Arctic Breath Trickster/Ass... or Lancing Steel Banner Champ.

Jubal77 on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »

160%+ hp for sc, 180+ for hc

look into ways to mitigate both phys and ele dmg. dodge (acro and phase acro) are the cornerstones of "good defense"

armor can be good, but mostly its bad unless stacked to 50k+. same with evasion

endurance charges and flat damage reduction is good

loreweave is arguably best chest in game, stuff like lightning coil too

leech and regen also count, but without overleech (slayer or ascendant) leech is not very reliable

Also: Blind (see: smoke clouds) is also stupid good, especially if you can get it for free somehow.

Also also: Enfeeble/Temp Chains curses via a curse on hit setup if you're not offensively cursing.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I think I'm gonna play an arc something or another, from a video I saw on good league starters. eventually will probably play a summoner but I don't think I've ever played a straight up caster in this game and, though I don't have many characters to show for it, I've at least sampled most other things.

I also just past 1000 hours on steam. plenty of that was idling and plenty more was back when I knew even less about the game than I know now. but still, that's a lot of time.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    be warned!

blind and evasion doesnt work if you use unwavering stance or kaoms roots!!!

defensive auras (artic armor, vitality, determination etc) as well as curses on cast when damage taken (enfeeble, temp chains) and the new dread banner also are great

J3qcnBP.png
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    wtf...forums are down during maintenance? I still havent decided on a build yet damnit!!

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    patch is up on steam

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Here is an arc trap leveling build that I intend to follow: https://pastebin.com/cbGbE9bm
    Once I get Tinkerskin I go Eldritch Battery and the build looks like this: https://pastebin.com/WwCSyTWu . Don't hesitate to tell me if something is off with either of these builds - I've never played traps.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i think ill probs do sire of shards ice spear if it works the way i hope it does

obF2Wuw.png
    I think I'm gonna start Trickster; the ascendancy has a lot of quality of life for leveling and early mapping. The first Lab points gets me lots of Power/Frenzy charges which will help when Cold Snapping, then the next two Labs set up sustain and damage. Last two points aren't at all necessary. The only downside is much of the ascendancy is inert against bosses without constant adds, but that's not what the situation is at league start.

I also kind of hate how MoM feels, but as a Trickster it's not so bad.

Occultist is a more long term build but I really don't want to have my first character be a long term plan. I will almost certainly make a Chaos DoT Occultist later on, perhaps if I can get my hands on a 6W Death's Oath.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    arc witch for me

also I should try to get into the guild today. When I log on I'll post my character name in here!

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Oh, 12k people ahead of me.

Oh.

Is it usually hard to log in right when a league pops?

• eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I still haven't decided on what kind of character to build, but I may just dive into a Brand build straight away if the skill gems are vendorable/quest rewards.

(She/Her)
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    anyone have any streamers they specifically like?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited December 2018
    thi3n is my go to

sc, all on stream, plays alot, makes his own builds, very beginner friendly

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    i think ill probs do sire of shards ice spear if it works the way i hope it does

I have a sinking feeling it won't. Seems like extra projectiles will go towards the burst at the end and not fire multiple initial shots.

I mean it would be so fucking great if it really does work

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    Absalon wrote: »
    Oh, 12k people ahead of me.

Oh.

19k people ahead of me in queue

Guys..I think this game is popular

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

I have a sinking feeling it won't. Seems like extra projectiles will go towards the burst at the end and not fire multiple initial shots.

I mean it would be so fucking great if it really does work

yeah if you look how eg the mass projectile monster spells work they have a bunch of weird behaviour with sos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfi9J_aPcoE

they kind of shoot a huge wiggling fan

obF2Wuw.png
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Is it usually hard to log in right when a league pops?

It can take 3-4 minutes to login if you're far back in the queue. Most of the league launches have been pretty smooth, though Delve and Bestiary had some significant bugs the first couple of days.

Delve also had some severe network problems for the entire first month for me. Heres hoping that doesn't happen again.

I can invite you to the guild using any character name on your account.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    anyone have any streamers they specifically like?

ZiggyD is the only good PoE streamer

I watch dropaduski from time to time. He's played 2(?) previous leagues, so hes not at the level of knowledge of really long term players or even some people in this thread, but as a noobish player I find I learn a lot by watching his stream.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    How are we doing on space in the guild right now?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
This discussion has been closed.