As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    i do bounties for the set mods, eidolonds and ivara toroid farming for quills. i just buy debt bonds for fortuna faction

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Can confirm, fishing is great for rep. Get high enough rep wise to buy the murkey bait, and then fish ocean hotspots for murkeys. Sell the large ones for 1k rep a piece.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    BahamutZERO made me one of the officer peoples so I can probably invite people though not 'til I'm back home in 5 hours. I think we would all need to be friends in-game to do the invites. I'm just UncleSporky there.

Communication on the Switch is kind of tough and cumbersome unless you plug in a USB keyboard so everyone is generally antisocial anyway. But if we can work together toward doing research and building up the dojo that'll be awesome!

don't need to be friends, you just need their warframe username. Also I set up permissions such that everyone can invite to the clan.
    Anti-Sean wrote: »
    BahamutZERO made me one of the officer peoples so I can probably invite people though not 'til I'm back home in 5 hours. I think we would all need to be friends in-game to do the invites. I'm just UncleSporky there.

Communication on the Switch is kind of tough and cumbersome unless you plug in a USB keyboard so everyone is generally antisocial anyway. But if we can work together toward doing research and building up the dojo that'll be awesome!

Even with a keyboard attached, some of us would wind up being antisocial anyway. :) Although I should look into one, it'd be a damn sight better than trying to poke out a message with the controller; by the time I finish writing what I mean to to squad members, the map is over.

Speaking of controllers, boo-urns to the MR6 test. Boo-urns, I say! With KBAM, that'd have been over in seconds.

I saw that the elemavator in the Dojo was waiting for a Forma to begin construction last night, so I tossed one into it. Yay for contributing!

thank you, that's very helpful! Forma are the only real materials bottleneck for construction as they take 24 hours to bake in the foundry even if you have plenty of blueprints for them from cracking void relics.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Kubrodons are probably the fastest SU grind. But the easiest is probably just doing a quick circuit around fortuna, just grabbing the nearby gem spots and then rezoning to refresh them

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I need/want so many forma. My god. Like I'm thinking of turning down whatever I get out of relics if it means forma. I don't even care if it's some gold prime part. At least that's what I tell myself...

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I need/want so many forma. My god. Like I'm thinking of turning down whatever I get out of relics if it means forma. I don't even care if it's some gold prime part. At least that's what I tell myself...
    With most gold prime parts you could just sell them to another player and buy forma from the market with the plat you got and still have some plat left over.

• Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Still trying to figure out Garuda's niche..
    So far I've found that building purely for death's gate with Vazarin to heal totally works at eidolons. Very sturdy, doesn't have to care about magnetic procs, easy setup for double damage. This is a fairly narrow application though so I'm still trying things elsewhere.
    I guess the main thing is if you're doing something like, say, Hydron, where everybody's swinging at least one endgame-level weapon (or is Saryn), her passive doesn't matter, her 4 mostly doesn't matter, and building her to be sturdy means her 1 also mostly doesn't matter. Maybe if you use guardian derision to draw fire off of squishier teammates into your mirror it's relevant? Maybe. At that point you're blocking anyway..
    4 in particular looks like it could be the most potent damage amp in the game, but it doesn't seem like that effect is very relevant until sortie levels of stuff? I was thinking maybe if you're using an automatic that doesn't kill in one shot, you can actually benefit from her passive and her 4 on lower stuff, but.. I dunno. I could just be Mirage and throw a disco death ball and wipe out almost half the map with one input.
    So I'm thinking.. Garuda's stuff feels somewhere between Trinity and Nova. Her kit is definitely for protecting and enabling herself and her squad - and she benefits from having aggro. Like, is she a proper tank in MMO terms that is meant to draw enemy fire off of allies?
    (If so, it's too bad her claws or her mirror don't have inherent guardian derision..)

• Options

I would really prioritize prime parts until you have the things they make, and always take a rare prime bit over a forma because they are the only bits worth significant amounts of platinum, or can be converted into 100 ducats for Baro trading if you don't want to deal with that or they're not very in demand. But if your choice is between 3 common parts you already have and a forma BP take the forma BP for sure over the pitiful amount of platinum or ducats you'd get.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    If you're lucky, they'll have the Plaguestar event on the Switch in the near future. Then you can grind ALL THE FORMA.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    Building Forma is one of the main things I use the Warframe app for. Get notification that a Forma is done baking, start the next one immediately, build up a supply for the next thing to try out.

• Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    Looks like the Warframe app just updated today (for iOS, at least, not sure about Android) with Switch support. Whee!

• Options
    I've spent several days, probably 2 hours total, trying to get a dang zenurik lens to drop from a bounty in the plains. Same bounty over and over. Instead I have 5 naramon lenses, y'know, the only other type that drops from that bounty. And now it rolled over into a new day and I can't even get one in this current set of bounties. :(

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    welcome to the nightmare of the lens system, where the motto is "it sucks here!"

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I can't begin to tell you how frustrating it is trying to get an eidolon lens to drop. It was kinda bad before but Revenant mucking up the rare rewards made it even worse. I think my ration after Rev is like 1 lens to 12 neuroptics :cry:.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I can't begin to tell you how frustrating it is trying to get an eidolon lens to drop. It was kinda bad before but Revenant mucking up the rare rewards made it even worse. I think my ration after Rev is like 1 lens to 12 neuroptics :cry:.

Well, I'm fairly sure the math generally works out to adding another basic lens is more of a boost than getting to eidolon until you have a lens on all active slots. But then, you can run ESO with only one weapon on, so you only need two lenses that way?

But yes, lenses suck.

You can, at least, use eidolon shards to add focus to a selected school and those are easily farmed.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    Lenses (and how to obtain them) feel like a relic of an earlier period of this game. It's a pretty dumb system, and I hope the entire focus system has been added to the queue for an upgrade.

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    hush wrote: »
    Lenses (and how to obtain them) feel like a relic of an earlier period of this game. It's a pretty dumb system, and I hope the entire focus system has been added to the queue for an upgrade.

You could say

it's bad optics :o

• Options
    the whole spoiler mode focus system feels like poop from a butt and isn't explained anywhere, not to mention how to even find the NPC to get the opportunity to turn in shit for rep to buy parts to make amps

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    the whole spoiler mode focus system feels like poop from a butt and isn't explained anywhere, not to mention how to even find the NPC to get the opportunity to turn in shit for rep to buy parts to make amps

The what now?

• Options
    I just got an alert that says something like "starts in 5m: tonight prime time #227!"

What the heck?!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

The what now?
    Go to Cetus, look for a path in the rocks behind Konzu.

• Options
    actually I'm not sure sporky has done war within yet

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I just got an alert that says something like "starts in 5m: tonight prime time #227!"

What the heck?!

There are streams Every week Monday-Thursday of members of the community team playing the game, one day for each system, usually showing off the latest update, as well as generally goofing off. Sometimes show off fan art as well.

Prime Time on Thursdays is the "main" one, for the PC version, and is usually hosted by Rebecca, who on top of being the Community Director, is the voice of The Lotus. (Yes, she sometimes gets called Spacemom. Yes, it sometimes gets into really cringey territory)

Every other Friday, (most of the time) there is also a Devstream where Rebecca brings the lead designers in to talk about the things they are working on.

Might not want to watch them yet though even if you are interested. Since it's often about the latest stuff, in can get into spoiler territory.

One important thing to note, however, is after the dev stream, every platform gets one or more 24hr Gift of the Lotus alerts, and almost always has a reactor or catalyst BP as a reward. And the next one is tomorrow.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

What the heck?!

Prime Time is a livestream on Twitch that airs every thursday, usually hosted by Rebecca (aka Spacemom since she's also the voice actor for Lotus. She used to be community manager and is now community director) and Megan (current community manager).

Slightly less regularily we have the Devstream, where Rebecca hosts various different developers and they talk about what's up for Warframe. What direction the game is going and some sneak peaks for upcoming content.

P.S: Latest Prime Time
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU0dmjVI25I

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    So should I be trying not to get too low with a syndicate? I've just been wearing the Steel Meridian glyph for quite some time, should I swap it out to balance out other syndicates?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    So should I be trying not to get too low with a syndicate? I've just been wearing the Steel Meridian glyph for quite some time, should I swap it out to balance out other syndicates?

No, having half the syndicates hate you is unavoidable.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

Nah. You'll inevitably end up on somebody's shit list. All three on the left hate my guys because I have max rank on the three on the right (and keep grabbing goodies from them). Best not to worry about it and just keep reminding the death squads why you shouldn't mess with Tenno.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Can I get a reinvite to the PA PC Clan? AxenMoon by the name.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Anti-Sean wrote: »
    Looks like the Warframe app just updated today (for iOS, at least, not sure about Android) with Switch support. Whee!

... They didn't make that thing work with Xbox when I wasn't looking, did they?

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Fortuna coming to Xbox and PS4 on the 10th, just announced at The Game Awards

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    hush wrote: »

I mean the system works best when you completaly ignore it, after you get your first lense.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular

Having one third of the Syndicates hate you is unavoidable.

Having half the Syndicates hate you is probable~

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    Fiaryn wrote: »

Having one third of the Syndicates hate you is unavoidable.

Having half the Syndicates hate you is probable~

Technically you can be positive and at max rank with all 6. You have to be utterly insane to try.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Well shit, I just did like 4 rounds of a fissure excavate and when we all reached the extraction it migrated hosts and ended, and we got nothing. Lost all my affinity progress.

Edit: Even better, if I'm not mistaken, it still consumed my relics, but all my drops are gone.

Figgy on
  • Options
    rip

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Okidokie.

I have maxed Excalibur, Rhino, and Trinity Prime; I am working on Volt Prime. I still have, I think, 3 Warframe slots before I have to go to the Platinum mines. Which 'frames should I focus on grabbing next, and which bosses do I have to punch repeatedly to get them? I have up through Uranus unlocked.

Please don't just go "whatever u think lewks kewl!!!!" remember that this game can get confusing and overwhelming and I'm not sure where I should start even. Of the three I have maxed, I've so far enjoyed Rhino the most ("don't die! Yell a lot! stompy stomp!"). Trinity does her job very well, especially now that I'm used to her, but I'm not sure she's really my Jam.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Okidokie.

I have maxed Excalibur, Rhino, and Trinity Prime; I am working on Volt Prime. I still have, I think, 3 Warframe slots before I have to go to the Platinum mines. Which 'frames should I focus on grabbing next, and which bosses do I have to punch repeatedly to get them? I have up through Uranus unlocked.

Please don't just go "whatever u think lewks kewl!!!!" remember that this game can get confusing and overwhelming and I'm not sure where I should start even. Of the three I have maxed, I've so far enjoyed Rhino the most ("don't die! Yell a lot! stompy stomp!"). Trinity does her job very well, especially now that I'm used to her, but I'm not sure she's really my Jam.

Congratulations, you have basically all your bases covered already there. Ivara is a pain to farm, but has a lot of useful utility (including cloaking) for things you do solo (you get her blueprints from spy missions. Uranus is the earliest tier 3 spy mission so you can now get all the parts for her). The downside is that you have to master spy missions to get her, and one of those utilities is trivializing spy missions (Ash and Loki are the other main stealth options, but they lack Ivara's other utility with quiver and the damage of Artemis Bow). Otherwise, probably a frame for defending objectives, in which case your options are Frost, Gara, and Limbo. Available via... Ceres? for Frost, quest and Cetus bounties for Gara, and quest for Limbo (or farm his prime form from relics) - I think Limbo Theorem should be available for you by now?

Beyond that, Nova is on Europa and her ultimate is a staple of any kind of endless mission (slow all enemies in a huge area, they take double or more damage, and they explode on death. She has other good abilities but that's why people run her).

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    you should defenetly go for Mesa, cause she's the best!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Okidokie.

Trinity increases in strength a lot with better mod setups for her. She's often as much about detecting enemies and redirecting damage into them as much as healing and buffing allies.

I think Ember would be a good fit for you. You do seem to enjoy burning things in MMOs.

Frost is good to have for some kinds of missions involving defending an objective.

Limbo could be useful to trivialize Corpus spy missions. Not so useful on Grineer spy missions though.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Oh hey, I just got some in-game mail saying that items were dropped during my extraction and have been retrieved. Ordis is certain this probably won't happen again.

Certain. Probably.