As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

movies: at any moment in your life, you, too, could fall into a pit full of snakes...

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It's at this moment that I realised I have no clue who Kevin Hart is

... I think I thought you guys were talking about Kevin James.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Gonna be interesting to hear all the comedy podcasts lose their minds about this.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    totally spitballing here

have Jameela Jamil do it

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Maybe cancel the next Oscars.

Just for a year.

Just to try it out.

Give it a miss.

See if anyone really notices at the end of the year.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    fine

i'll host the oscars

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Honestly that ain't a perfect apology

But in context, it's a pretty good apology

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    fine

i'll host the oscars

And then in 2019 somehow the Oscars got negative ratings

• Options
    fine

i'll host the oscars

“I know you were expecting jokes.

But instead, for the next three hours, we are going to be taking a look at all the movies from this year you morons should be excited about instead of the bullshit currently up for consideration.

You will not be allowed to leave. The doors are barred and you have all been automatically strapped into your chairs. Get comfortable, we’ve got a lot to get through.”

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I had no idea what Green Room was about.

Was not expecting flashbacks to playing shitty skinhead clubs.

It's so good at that

Like, I think Green Room is great regardless

But if you have been a punk of any sort, it hits fucking hard

For real, that was shockingly accurate. I'm not even joking. Right down to joking about playing Nazi Punks Fuck Off before going on stage.

Yeah, that was fantastic, though. Really beautifully shot, too. Especialy for a movie that largely takes place in a single dingy room.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

I dunno man

After the context of his initial reaction being LEAVE ME ALONE I'VE MATURED GET OFF MY CASE it feels less like a good apology and more like "He was told he is getting fired from the Oscars and needs to do damage control or else this is going to get even worse"

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    cursedking wrote: »
    He just posted an “apology” and i will not be surprised if we learn he’s not hosting anymore. It’s that bad

Well, you nailed that one.

minor incident on
  • Options

It's actually a good apology in that it admits wrongdoing and apologizes for the wrong doing, rather than couching it in equivocating language.

But it's also right on the heels of that last defensive rant so I'm skeptical it wasn't just written by a really good PR rep.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

It's so good at that

For real, that was shockingly accurate. I'm not even joking. Right down to joking about playing Nazi Punks Fuck Off before going on stage.

Yeah, that was fantastic, though. Really beautifully shot, too. Especialy for a movie that largely takes place in a single dingy room.

Yeah like I

I love that other people like Green Room

I think it was a very good movie, I think that it is remarkably good and unexpectedly powerful horror

But so much of it is tied up in me

And that doesn't mean I don't love it, that I won't recommend it to my friends

But my friends have been in the venue that's got a shelf above the urinal, and they know that that's a luxury

And I don't really know how to recommend it without that knowledge

• Options

It's so good at that

Yeah like I

I love that other people like Green Room

I think it was a very good movie, I think that it is remarkably good and unexpectedly powerful horror

But so much of it is tied up in me

And that doesn't mean I don't love it, that I won't recommend it to my friends

But my friends have been in the venue that's got a shelf above the urinal, and they know that that's a luxury

And I don't really know how to recommend it without that knowledge

Yeah, I completely loved it and it would probably have been one of my favorite 2 or 3 movies of the year if I had watched it when it released like I should have. But man, it feels like it's laser targeted at a niche group of people that I fit into and I know two or three other people who are going to get it the same way.

I just wonder what it looks to someone who has no relationship to that whole scene and experience.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Just have Hatsune Miku host the Oscars for the rest of time

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Only if she warps in on a Domino's pizza box

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    .... why a Domino's pizza box?

• Options
    fine

i'll host the oscars

it will be a five hour ceremony where every award will go to a different donald pleasance movie

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVV95JQcWhg

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Twin hosts, get Kagamine Rin and Len

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    fine

i'll host the oscars

it will be a five hour ceremony where every award will go to a different donald pleasance movie

Pew-ma-man.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    fine

i'll host the oscars

Pew-ma-man.

best supporting actor: vadinho

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPuI4l0jK7s

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

Im still available.
    If you guys support me I'll make sure that one movie you like wins.
    Unless Beatty opens his yap again.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    fine

i'll host the oscars

What are your thoughts on Wake in Fright? I bet you got some.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That's a lot better Kevin Hart.

It's not perfect but he did admit remorse for his words, stated he's changed, and gave up an amazing opportunity directly due to the controversy his words caused.

I can accept this if he proves its not just words going forward.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    As for realistic replacements....

Jameela Jamil would be awesome but we all know that's most likely not going to happen. She's not enough of a household name.

I do feel like they'll feel pressure to replace him with another minority so that's good.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Part of contrition is accepting that you don't get to say sorry and then just keep doing what you are doing, so that Hart has stepped down is a positive thing I think. He did wrong and understands that the consequences include his career not going where he wanted it to this year.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    He just posted an “apology” and i will not be surprised if we learn he’s not hosting anymore. It’s that bad

Well, you nailed that one.

honestly woke up to this news all smug and then as I creaked my old body out of bed I was like "well actually we didn't really need Nostradamus for that one though, did we?"

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Like Crazy Rich Asians came out and is the 6th highest grossing one of all time but will likely be looked at as a minor success because it "only" made 236 million

Nah, the budget was $30mil. It was astounding how well it did in every way, including how long it did well in terms of week-to-week drops. The studio already committed to a sequel and is trying to get the whole original team to stick around for it (most of them have options for it but schedules are kinda less flexible until 2020, so it might be a bit)

So, fun update on this one

It was so successful it's getting Warner to take another different chance with the same director

Chronicles the journey of Arnel Pineda, a Filipino singer rescued from obscurity by a YouTube video that led him to become lead singer of Journey
    Discovered on YouTube by Journey co-founder Neal Schon, who’d finally found the rare singer able to reliably replicate the soaring vocals of exited original lead singer Steve Perry, Pineda revived Journey and put the band back in stadiums once again.
    “The success of Crazy Rich Asians has blown my mind and set me on a path to champion more unique inspirational stories that represent new perspectives from all around the world,” Chu said in a statement to Deadline. “This story in particular has been on my mind since I first read about it years ago. A true fairy tale and triumph of the human spirit. An unlikely hero, an undeniable talent, the power of music and a worldwide stage (literally) has all the ingredients I love about movies. Plus I have been a fan of Journey’s music since I can remember. I am excited to be bringing the audience along on this incredible story with my partners at Warner Bros who have been a leading champion of diverse voices in front and behind the camera.”

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    oh man, Arnel Pineda is a pretty good story to make into a movie

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    That dude is awesome

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I called the Avengers subtitle months ago!

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    the only thing with doing an Arnel Pineda movie is it's a somewhat similar story to Tim Ripper Owens who joined Judas Priest in more or less the way, and THAT was already fictionalized into the dumb Mark Wahlberg movie Rock Star

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Well, with the newest Avengers trailer dropped I guess I should ask:

Hey @Rorshach Kringle, you want to do another dumb bet where you'll lose again?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    the only thing with doing an Arnel Pineda movie is it's a somewhat similar story to Tim Ripper Owens who joined Judas Priest in more or less the way, and THAT was already fictionalized into the dumb Mark Wahlberg movie Rock Star

i just don't know if any new movie is gonna have the necessary cachet to get past the fact that most moviegoers have seen, unequivocally love, and know by heart the mark whalberg movie rock star.... I just don't know

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    I know when I think of awesome Filipino singers who ended up the lead singer of Journey my brain immediately goes to Mark Wahlberg

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I know when I think of awesome Filipino singers who ended up the lead singer of Journey my brain immediately goes to Mark Wahlberg

He just hits those high notes bro

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2018

Oh geez, did he partially blind that guy too?

A duck! on
This discussion has been closed.