As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    Well I guess my gifts are going to be mysterious because I forgot to add my name! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Blake T

J’accuse!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Hm. I just got a text telling me to expect a delivery sometime tomorrow.

HHHMMMMM.

(I won't be off of work until pretty late but I'll try to get something posted tomorrow night or Saturday morning.)

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Okay, last of the gifts is prepped, just need to wrap, box ‘em up and ship them this weekend some time.

PREPARE TO GET SATAN’D

8406wWN.png
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Dear satan,

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but Snow Crash is one of my husband's favorite books. I actually learned of its existence from him shortly after I first met him. When I got it he ended up reading it out loud from the beginning as a joke, but he did voices and we laughed a ton. I think we're going to read it that way when we get time.

That also makes the book a pretty great 10th anniversary present, which was Wednesday. 10 years and a nasty stage IV cancer diagnosis for his mom later and I'm STILL trying to figure out how to cast Hellfire when I talk to his parents, so the magic is still alive; honestly though I feel like I would be able to say that with more confidence if someone out there would grant me the damn spell.

Thank you again <3

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    The package finally arrived! I don't have to call the post office! It's a Satans miracle!

EDIT: Hehe, package.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    The package finally arrived! I don't have to call the post office! It's a Satans miracle!

Show us your package, Ryan!

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »
    Dear satan,

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but Snow Crash is one of my husband's favorite books. I actually learned of its existence from him shortly after I first met him. When I got it he ended up reading it out loud from the beginning as a joke, but he did voices and we laughed a ton. I think we're going to read it that way when we get time.

That also makes the book a pretty great 10th anniversary present, which was Wednesday. 10 years and a nasty stage IV cancer diagnosis for his mom later and I'm STILL trying to figure out how to cast Hellfire when I talk to his parents, so the magic is still alive; honestly though I feel like I would be able to say that with more confidence if someone out there would grant me the damn spell.

Thank you again <3

This is extremely adorable.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Well I guess my gifts are going to be mysterious because I forgot to add my name! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Blake T

J’accuse!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

How can I make such a brazen proclamation? I’m glad you asked.

Just yesterday I was going about my day, living my life as I normally do when I was attacked... nay, assaulted by another present.

Let the record show that I am and have always been allergic to penicillin, as I have made the same “don’t send me moldy bread” joke at minimum 2 years thus far.

My assailant must have known this, as they have forced into my possession... this:
    Djm6KLul.jpg

That’s right, I know it’s hard to look at. Now I will always have a length of rope suitable for personal safety easily at hand... and what’s more this fashion and safety accessory clearly declares my aforementioned allergen, and if I am in medical need and unable to speak for myself I am now safe from a well-meaning doctor complicating the problem by injecting me with a drug that would only worsen the situation.

But how do I know who the culprit is? I would direct your attention to the packing slip, in the “order by” field:
    8zAoCOSl.jpg

I thank my Satan, and rest my case.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Such Sherlockian work!

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Pretty medical alert jewelry is actually a solid idea.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I read that four times before I realised it said "Penicillin" and not "Peniollan"

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I saw the mailman parked at the end of my driveway earlier and went out to see what was going on.

“I think I have a package for you? Hmm, maybe not. Well, if I do I’ll leave it on your porch later.”

Well, leave it on my porch he did!
    jeC32RB.jpg
    Hello Noggin Each day passed brings us closer to death, so I hope you have a fairy bottle or two handy (were fairy bottles in breath of the wild? i never played it... anyway, enjoy!) -Satan

Ominous! I love this art style so this will be pretty cool. Thank you, mysterious harbinger.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

"Blake T"

J’accuse!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

How can I make such a brazen proclamation? I’m glad you asked.

Just yesterday I was going about my day, living my life as I normally do when I was attacked... nay, assaulted by another present.

Let the record show that I am and have always been allergic to penicillin, as I have made the same “don’t send me moldy bread” joke at minimum 2 years thus far.

My assailant must have known this, as they have forced into my possession... this:
    Djm6KLul.jpg

That’s right, I know it’s hard to look at. Now I will always have a length of rope suitable for personal safety easily at hand... and what’s more this fashion and safety accessory clearly declares my aforementioned allergen, and if I am in medical need and unable to speak for myself I am now safe from a well-meaning doctor complicating the problem by injecting me with a drug that would only worsen the situation.

But how do I know who the culprit is? I would direct your attention to the packing slip, in the “order by” field:
    8zAoCOSl.jpg

I thank my Satan, and rest my case.

This was my first idea to get you, after you said don’t send me mouldy bread, I said I had to get you a medical alert bracelet and I wasn't sure if you had a more standard silver one.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    @Xaquin got me a 4 ounce jar full of Stimutacs and now my physical self feels like it was created from untold millions of minute bubbles, and now Marduk wants for the barren wasteland of my dessicated....

Wait where am I?

Oh, yes! Garam masala and red peppercorns! Not just any garam masala, but some fuckin shit I get to mortar and pestle up for maximum freshness! Thank you so much, my dude!

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    @Xaquin got me a 4 ounce jar full of Stimutacs and now my physical self feels like it was created from untold millions of minute bubbles, and now Marduk wants for the barren wasteland of my dessicated....

Wait where am I?

Oh, yes! Garam masala and red peppercorns! Not just any garam masala, but some fuckin shit I get to mortar and pestle up for maximum freshness! Thank you so much, my dude!

My pleasure! There are a couple more packages out there for various folks!

Those are szechuan peppercorns by the way!

There were supposed to be notes, but .... well I'm sure they're somewhere in my house or car =p

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Oh so I shouldn't just grind up a whole bunch of them like they're regular pink peppercorns if I value my life. Got it.

• .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh so I shouldn't just grind up a whole bunch of them like they're regular pink peppercorns if I value my life. Got it.

Do it! Live a little.. briefly.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
    GRIND THOSE BONES TO MAKE YOUR BREAD

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »

Show us your package, Ryan!

Okay.
    ctywdbbjo6qg.jpg

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Weird. I got the same thing.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Blur out your barcodes, Ryan!

I did! Trust me, they are very blurry!

I guess I never worry about people having my address.

Maybe I should? Meh.

I’ve moved almost every year of the last seven, mins is only ever valid for a short time

tynic wrote: »
    I’ve moved almost every year of the last seven, mins is only ever valid for a short time

I always know your future address.

Its my super power.

Specifically knowing Nic's next address.

... well jeez let me in on it, won’t you?
    Knowing what state I’ll be in next year would help me make a lot of decisions right now

Checked my mail...

MORE SOCKS!

My wife is annoyed at the amount of socks I have now!

I swear she just hates fun sometimes...

c4hium6hcr81.jpg

STILL NO IDEA WHO IS SENDING ME SOCKS

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Marvel Marvel Batman

tynic wrote: »
    ... well jeez let me in on it, won’t you?
    Knowing what state I’ll be in next year would help me make a lot of decisions right now

If I tell you I'll die.

That's my curse.

The most boring comic book ever.

• N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    STILL NO IDEA WHO IS SENDING ME SOCKS

IT IS ME! I AM THE SOCK SATAN!

I was thoroughly foiled this year by the lack of "include a note" options for any of these purchases. *shakes fist at sky*
    Also, the double Scream socks was totally because I have no brain at this point in the school semester. I thought the Scream socks were so cool, so in order to find more interesting socks, I searched "Scream socks" to find some places that sold them. Then by the time I got around to picking socks, I had forgotten my logic and that there were Scream socks in the first bundle, so now you have double socks! I'm only disappointed in myself because there was a cool pair of Gustav Klimt socks that I didn't get instead. *sigh*

Anyway! I hope you fun annoying everyone with fun socks!

Dude.

Dude.

Dude.

You're awesome and I love you!

Honestly, I was kind of hoping he'd left his address in a picture and random people were now sending socks. By the time Secret Satans was over, Raijin would just be knee-deep in a mound of awesome socks. Perhaps being glared at by a slightly perturbed wife. Totally worth it.

It would 100% be worth it.

Wait where am I?

ok well SPEAKING OF THIS look what I found on my doorstep this evening

0pl0wwxyawdo.jpg

a box!

and stuff inside also ...

2qwey8fswnha.jpg

Hot dang! I'm frigging STOKED.

I don't know whether to cook with the masala or make chai with it ( ... I'll probably do both). What an awesome (delicious) gift! Thanks @Xaquin !!

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Excellent! That's everyone =)

The red stuff is sumac. I'd never harvested it before and it tastes good to me but I don't have much of a frame of reference

Edit: chai with masala?!

Xaquin on
    edited December 2018
    Oh I know - first thing I did when I get strange powders in the mail is taste them!

It’s very good and believe it or not, I literally got down to my last teaspoon of sumac this week, so it’s extremely timely!

Edit: masala chai is very traditional! I add bourbon, which is not.

tynic on
    My giftee might get a whole bunch of Ninjago stuff because my son watches it all the time and loves his stupid top and I feel like it's nesting in my brain and I'm otherwise struggling with finding inspiration this year.

edited December 2018
    Like oh no spider ninja just ate wheelchair guy and then white snake dude needed to be taken out by shiny robot with the purple stripes and someone needs to stop Darth Vader from eating golden balls

Also some people were pulled out of a pit by a digital crane, like a building crane, which I figure is maybe a play on words because lol ninjas

I wish I were even a tiny fraction as high as all that makes me sound

ceres on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    When the most recent package arrived (which was like a week ago but I have been very busy so this is later than usual), I wasn't taking any chances. I was ready.
    AKJDmuu.jpg
    YPEx4c0.jpg
    Armed and ready.
    F86ZYv3.jpg
    BhTjE2c.jpg
    This time, I wasn't going to let this thing get the drop on me. I wasn't willing to be surprised again.
    v6rIqeo.jpg
    HZJM1xk.jpg
    Its teeth glistened, my own weapons turned to a new sinister purpose, and I turned and fled...
    wD3VMFn.jpg
    But not fast enough.
    HhH3c94.jpg
    It had taken me to the ground and now it was ready to go in for the kill.
    QPmcV9L.jpg
    I scrambled for something to ward it off, holding it off as best as I could with my other hand.
    99zRoDz.jpg
    BPCTpzI.jpg
    It reared back in pain, giving me just enough time to get to me feet and to the rest of my tools.
    Ywy0mkE.jpg
    uDo5qlI.jpg
    It was blind now, or at least I think it was. This was my opening.
    9RwPP34.jpg
    wAdfOeM.jpg
    I reached down its throat, deeper than I thought I could, until I found something to grab onto.
    hsrEfxP.jpg
    Z9UnBst.jpg
    At last, something to drink.