As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Burgerrrrrr I mean [Bad Food] Thread

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Now you take this home, throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato... Baby you got a stew going

bxe6koxnb0q3.jpg

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'm making some stew today too! It's a very stewful time of the year.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That was

Delicious

Made double so we have it tomorrow as well. Gods I love stew.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Making ninja bread cookies

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    LAT👏KE 👏 BUR👏GER👏

snp7p0ntev4e.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Now replace that burg with a slice of black pudding and add an egg, baby you got yourself a breakfast roll going

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Why replace

when you can ADD.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    so, i've got a friend who wants to do a chicken wings night, and we're thinking of having a bunch of people over for it. We're planning on doing some honey soy wings, and also some other ones neither of us have tried before. Just make a day out of preparing them and whatever.

i'm tempted to give these ones a go:

https://youtu.be/Enan6eEmtqM

but i'm also kinda curious about any other good recipes people know. Preferably ones which are nice and crunchy.

• AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Put wings in 420 degree oven for 20 minutes on tinfoil lined baking sheet. Flip and bake for another 25 minutes. Toss in Frank's Red Hot sauce. Serve with celery sticks.

I like slow-cooked and sticky better, but as far as I'm aware that Babish ep. is pretty much giving you state of the art for crunch. If crunchy is the way to go, then all you're doing is picking a seasoning, and maybe a sauce. I'd suggest pomegranate molasses as a possible starting point. Sumac is another really chicken-friendly spice.

ooh yep, love some sumac. Was planning on making a sumac dip for it all.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    The baking powder method on dry wings and baked is amazing. A friend has gotten even better results out of this recipe (I am pretty sure it is this recipe anyway, looks right) over the Babish video.
    https://www.recipetineats.com/crispy-oven-baked-chicken-wings-honey-garlic-sauce/

Use any sauce to preference, this is the method that was used to do the Hot Ones hot sauce lineup.

And I speak from experience on this, if using the Babish recipe: weigh the wings out or cut back the salt. Used that once but only guesstimated the wing amounts and they came out salty as heck. It would probably be fine using the sauce/seasoning in the Babish video, because those don't have much added salt on their own. ... And now that I rewatched the video actually following the directions and chilling the wings overnight would likely reduce the saltiness.

steam_sig.png
    just found that there is an american store nearby that sells Fred Red Hot's sauce, so i guess i can actually get some of that

for the authenticity

one of my housemates is also dating an american, and she's insisting that you always gotta have blue cheese and ranch sauce but i don't have that much respect for america so i'm just gonna stick with my sumac and cream sauce, and i'm gonna make a 5 spice plum sauce. Because plums are in season.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    The blue cheese and/or ranch were originally for the accompanying celery and carrots, not the wings themselves.
    I think the discovery that you can dip wings in these other sauces is a good one though.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So once again we made beef and noodles with chuck steak
    My brother seared it then slow cooked on the stove in a dutch oven
    It was better than last time but I feel it needed something

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    That still sounds pretty good though. If you really want to add something, maybe a vegetable? I mean, this is the Bad Food Thread, so cover it in cheese too, but that could be what was missing.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Some kind of gravy would be pretty good with that, like a sour cream beef gravy similar to stroganoff.

Lalabox wrote: »
    just found that there is an american store nearby that sells Fred Red Hot's sauce, so i guess i can actually get some of that

for the authenticity

one of my housemates is also dating an american, and she's insisting that you always gotta have blue cheese and ranch sauce but i don't have that much respect for america so i'm just gonna stick with my sumac and cream sauce, and i'm gonna make a 5 spice plum sauce. Because plums are in season.

I'm strongly endorse the five spice/plum sauce notion, and wish to put on the record my availability to assist with any surplus

• AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »

for the authenticity

yrs2nnfmuedl.jpeg

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Badgood food thread my wife and I spent the day learning how to butcher a hog and the various cuts on there, and came home with several pieces of butt, belly, and chop, along with some spare ribs, tri-tip, oysters, and sirloin (pigs have oysters, like a chicken, along with tri-tip and sirloin cuts! they're small and cool!), as well as several beef short rib burgers and a heap of bacon and sausage. And a pork kidney, because fuck it, we want to see if we can cook it to edibility after soaking it in cream.

I'm going to consume 10 pounds of meat in one day and day oh boy oh boy here I go.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Hey, has anyone seen my pig?

Edit: Oh noooooo

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Hey, has anyone seen my pig?

Edit: Oh noooooo

Someone i knew had a pet pig. I came back after a vbss tour of the south china sea i did not see he had it. I asked why?his amswer was the best ribs i ever had.
    His pig died soon after i left so since thier was no pet services in the area that would take pigs or other animals he took it to the butcher

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    In a local bulk store, checking for something and found myself in the candy isles. Trying my best not to buy either of these.

Spoiler for big
    va31eoam2nzg.jpeg

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    You shouldn't buy those.

But really, you should buy those.

sig.gif
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I may at a later date. I already have a box of Livewires to slowly get through.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    You shouldn't buy those.

But really, you should buy those.

Do you want Pacmans? Thats how you get Pacmans

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    There's a store at the mall that is nothing but hot sauces.

What an exciting time.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I suppose I should post this...

This is most of my collection at this point. I have three sauces over at a friends house from a burrito night a couple weeks ago.
    x2lf8ogwvjt3.jpg

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Hot Ones fan! :+1:

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Hot Ones fan! :+1:

Yea they were my gateway into the world of difference sauces. I was bummed I found them just as their original mid level hot sauce was discontinued.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, you have USED the Last Dab.

edited December 2018
    sarukun wrote: »
    Holy shit, you have USED the Last Dab.

Yea, it wasn't too bad. I haven't used a lot of it at once or anything though. From what Internet hot sauce connoisseurs tell me, this new one is supposed to feel less spicy than the old ones. I can't speak to the previous iterations but this one is pretty fucking hot, and it takes a minute or two to really build heat, then sticks around for about 10 minutes or so.

webguy20 on
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »

Some kind of gravy would be pretty good with that, like a sour cream beef gravy similar to stroganoff.

I feel it needed something more of a flavor other than I was very hungry and ate most of it

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Now you take this home, throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato... Baby you got a stew going
    bxe6koxnb0q3.jpg

I was 100% with you until you say "A' potato. I don't think you can only use *one* potato in a strew.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    That still sounds pretty good though. If you really want to add something, maybe a vegetable? I mean, this is the Bad Food Thread, so cover it in cheese too, but that could be what was missing.

Hey, veggies can be bad food without cheese. You just need them swimming in butter.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    bxe6koxnb0q3.jpg

I was 100% with you until you say "A' potato. I don't think you can only use *one* potato in a strew.

In some places you can buy a 2lb potato!

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I had cake for breakfast.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

cake is breakfast food. Eggs, milk, butter, flour, other things. Sounds like a balanced breakfast to me.

steam_sig.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

Pretty sure when you eat it for breakfast, it becomes a muffin.

This discussion has been closed.