As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Planetside 2]: NiZn doesnt do it for me anymore, only LiCoO2 gives the fix I need.

1697071727375»

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Remember how "OP" Light Assaults were because going by their K:D ratio, they'd usually have 5 or 6 : 1?
    People thought it was because we had overpowered weapons or that tac nuke of a C4 charge. (That did help when you went on suicide runs against AMS Sunderers)

No no, it was actually because 'No one looked up.'

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • drieldriel Registered User regular
    they still using bots to play the game for the losing sides?

• MaijinamuroMaijinamuro Registered User regular
    driel wrote: »
    they still using bots to play the game for the losing sides?

Do you mean cheats or something? Planetside has never had official AI enemies.

• FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    Just got back into this after a buddy mentioned it. I live for Liberator gunnery, it's just so hard to come by when I'm not playing with him.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • CornKingCornKing Registered User regular
    Still a good game. Pity we cannot potentially one shot ESF's with decimators anymore.

Oshur [new continent] is coming next year i.e content that matters.

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    CornKing wrote: »
    Still a good game. Pity we cannot potentially one shot ESF's with decimators anymore.

Also apparently a fourth faction for premium members that looks like it lets them sub into whatever faction they want as mercenary robots???

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Oh so a way to always be on the winning faction if you're a sub, cool cool

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    they've pitched it as something that'll help even out population, by funnelling people toward the lowest-population faction (i.e. wait in queue... or spawn as a robot!)

but who knows

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    If you're fighting for TR you're always on the winning side!

Anyone who says otherwise is a seditionist and should be reported to your local HR Rep for reeducation.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    they've pitched it as something that'll help even out population, by funnelling people toward the lowest-population faction (i.e. wait in queue... or spawn as a robot!)

but who knows

You're already at the head of the queue as a subscriber, there's no point at which they'll choose to be the underdog unless there's an area where they can benefit from purely having more targets to farm.

• MaijinamuroMaijinamuro Registered User regular
    What I saw said you can only go to the lowest pop faction as robots.

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I was checking a game news site this showed up there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRi_ouHH-vM
    Daybreak Game Company has announced PlanetSide Arena, a 250-versus-250 players arena first-person shooter in the PlanetSide franchise for PC. It will launch via Steam on January 29, 2019.

About

Plunge into PlanetSide Arena and battle online in this massive multiplayer sci-fi arena shooter. Choose your class, fuel your jetpack, and drop into the fray on the war-torn landscape of Auraxis starting January 29, 2019.

All pre-order editions of PlanetSide Arena come with Battle Pass Season 1, which includes additional weapon types, armor sets, and blueprints to customize your playstyle. Season 1 blasts off with two major game modes:

Massive Clash (250 vs. 250 group battle)
    Battle Royale (Solos and Teams of 3)

If you want to come out on top, you’ll have to go all in to rule the Arena.

Key Features

Enter the Arena – Join the fight in a massive clash with 250-versus-250 player arenas, or survive the mayhem of battle royale by yourself or with your squad. Keep your eyes ahead for new modes each Season, including Search and Destroy, Deathmatch, Global Conquest, and more.
    Unique Classes – Traditional arena warfare leaps into the future with multiple classes and styles of play. Assault, Engineer, Combat Medic – each class features unique abilities made for you to rule the Arena.
    Combined Arms – A broad selection of futuristic vehicles – tanks, ATVs, jetpacks, and more – goes beyond modern infantry warfare. Propel into the sky and rain death from above, or grind the competition to dust under your treads.
    Massive Scale – Up to 500 players wage war across an immense, ravaged warzone, on a scale unrivaled by any other arena game.

Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/987350/PlanetSide_Arena/

Man, they already have DLC set.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Its been a while since I've played planetside, but this might be the way forward for the franchise.
    250 v 250 gives the large scale combat that the mmofps gave, but there can be more focus on objectives or setting up a plot of land to be attacked in a different way instead of the 'optimal' way on the world map.

edit** really really hope I can still be light assualt and fly around.
    edit** edit** also, i could see getting more variety. matches are set up as TR v NC or TR v Vanu or Vanu v NC. You are not beholden to a faction because you are barred from joining another side or because you didn't go deep into the certifications for weapons.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    Hey, anyone from COA willing to log on and bump me up (DerFleeb) so I can add people? I've been playing with my wife and kid and I'd like to get them in the group just for fun. Last I looked it'd been months since any other COA person had logged on.

So they updated the game to DX11! It's pretty nice! They're still working out a few bugs but overall it's pretty great, runs very smoothly even in big fights and looks great. There's been a good uptick in population so fights are easy to find. Ya'll should hop on!

edited June 2019
    There's some bugs still from the latest update aka infiltrators were made invisible on low graphics settings now a fix has made them the opposite. Oops.

Still highly playable [play it], it might be wise to ignore infiltrators for anything minus sniping, recon, hacking and laying mines until a fix is done. Thumper grenade launcher on test server, nice model, will get.

CornKing on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I patched it up and played a bit the other day just to see; the DX11 update does seem to make things run a lot more smoothly

however, I still ultimately concluded I was kinda bored with the whole affair ><

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    It's still great to play, but unfortunately for me the local Aussie server is dead and latency on NA servers just makes everything ever so slightly "off" to the point of not being as much fun as it used to be. :(

• RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I'm glad they updated the graphics. I really hope they optimize the game engine so I can get more frames while playing though.

oHw5R0V.jpg
    It's still great to play, but unfortunately for me the local Aussie server is dead and latency on NA servers just makes everything ever so slightly "off" to the point of not being as much fun as it used to be. :(

Did you try SolTech server? Its a Japanese server.

edited February 2020
    Arise Planetside thread, what is dead may never die

THINGS are afoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xir4n1fq6DU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQvYsemHB8k

Fleeb on
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Yeah I thought something was up when I noticed a lot of PS2 videos popping up in my YouTube feed.

Color me intrigued. I know Daybreak broke up in to three separate studios to take care of their three main IPs. They certainly seem to be off to a decent start at any rate. I love PS2, but there are certainly long standing issues that need resolving. So I hope the PS2 team has the resources and leeway to actually make some solid changes.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    edited February 2020
    Yup, I'm cautiously optimistic. Seems like after the crash and burn of Arena they learned their lesson in what a unique (and potentially profitable) IP they have in PS2. So far the group that's taken it over does seem engaged and interested in actually improving the game and giving people a reason to play. So, fingers crossed.

Fleeb on
  • Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular
    I started playing this again after getting fed up with the latest Battlefield. I have to say the game is fun and looks reasonably good for its age.

Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats
    Man I haven't seen this many people playing in years, it's fantastic. Bastion fights are fun as hell too.

CornKing wrote: »

Proven wrong yet again. But Im playing it again. Nice to see Recusion got stomped.

I've been playing again recently too.

The Outfit War things seem to be causing some pretty lame actions, to maximize ownership of zones, but I mostly just bounce around as a merc anyway so the greatly increased playerbase is nice.

It uh, is pretty disappointing to encounter bugs that I see people complaining about like 5-6 years ago still though.