As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Dance Like Nobody's Shooting (At You)

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So a friend and I picked up Forsaken a bit ago after not having really played since vanilla D2, well before they retooled a lot of the systems. A few quick questions:

1. We got through Curse of Osiris and were around level 24/240 light. The internet seems to suggest that we should be at around 30/300 by this point. What's the best way for us to catch up at this point? The Vanguard playlist seems targeted at higher level characters.
    2. It seems like you need an endgame currency to infuse epics/legendaries now? So is the expectation that we should be back to using blues as we level again?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I don't know where you should be leveling, but yes, you should basically be just using whatever your highest LL drops are as you go.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    So a friend and I picked up Forsaken a bit ago after not having really played since vanilla D2, well before they retooled a lot of the systems. A few quick questions:

1. We got through Curse of Osiris and were around level 24/240 light. The internet seems to suggest that we should be at around 30/300 by this point. What's the best way for us to catch up at this point? The Vanguard playlist seems targeted at higher level characters.
    2. It seems like you need an endgame currency to infuse epics/legendaries now? So is the expectation that we should be back to using blues as we level again?

For 1) google tells me the first mission is 310? With 2 people that should be doable in the high 200s, so you need to boost yourself another 40 or something levels. If you have Forsaken you are still well under the soft cap so you just need to do anything to get drops and they will keep pushing you up. Vanguard strikes should have a playlist at 200 you can use. PvP is also there if you want to. I guess you could do some public events or the like too? Maybe someone else has better ideas.

For 2) the expectation is "Oh shit, we forgot to do any QA on the leveling experience for new players when we retooled the whole system". So it's basically kind of a shitshow. The way you deal with that is just throw on whatever you got to get the light level you need to in order to keep leveling up and keep progressing the campaign. So yeah, you gonna end up wearing some blues. It's stupid on Bungie's part but not the end of the world.

• Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    If you haven't done Warmind then go do that, it'll get you past the 30/300 requirement for Forsaken and it's nice and short

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018

there's a bunch of things you should know about levelling to make it a less painful and baffling experience:

1. your drops are calculated based on the highest light gear you have, not the gear you have equipped
    2. As long as your gear is above the recommended level of the content, you don't need to worry about the gear level being higher. Meaning if you're doing 340 content there's no appreciable difference between being 342 and 360.
    3. While you're below 500, all kills will drop gear that will give you a light level upgrade.
    4. Things that involve killing lots of dudes very quickly will level you up faster. Public events, horde modes, missions with lots of baddies tend to be the fastest way to level up

So taken altogether this means
    1. Do whatever content you want. You will level up. PVP is more fun but you will level up slower. Gambit is pretty fast. Missions are pretty fast. Public events are probably the fastest.
    2. If you're above the recommended light level for content, don't worry about constantly equipping new gear. As long as you're getting the gear your drops will go up.
    3. If you're up for a challenge you can do content you are ~20 light levels below. This will get you drops that are much higher light level but is probably less efficient than just facerolling content you are levelled for. It's more fun tho!
    4. You won't be able to infuse stuff regularly until you get to the tangled shore and that's a long time away

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    Re: the Forge, it looks like throwing the ball only adds a second or two onto the clock, while killing blue dudes adds +4 (small mobs) or +8 (big mobs), so if you're running low on time it's best to go on a murder spree

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Beat the Forge and got the MG.

0 light increase.

Great.

Edit: MG is pretty cool and mine rolled with Quickdraw and Ambitious Assassin, I pull it out instantly and can fire 75 rounds, (with Backup Mag) when AA kicks in with max, I reload 113 shots, nice.

God roll might be Feeding Frenzy and AA/Rampage.

Sirialis on
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Was it not an upgrade because your highest item was Heavy, or...?

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    This might be my favorite part of the TWAB:
    Nova Warp??????????????????????????????
    Yup, the Nova Warp super is too dominant right now and we are planning to tweak it. It’s currently slated to land with a patch coming in late January.

Holy shit - That's at least 2/3 of the season - maybe more.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    If anyone wants to do gambit or crucible message dodgeblan on psn

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Today, we’d like to address the feedback we’ve received about the Crucible. The top issue reported by the community is associated with Matchmaking in the Competitive playlist. Many of you are expressing feedback around matching solos against fireteams, matching high Glory teams against lower Glory teams, and have many other suggestions regarding how progressing through the ranks should be changed. The appropriate teams are investigating possible changes to be included in a future update. We will have details for you as soon as we can.

This is a pretty wordy way to say "we're listening" ...again.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Fawst wrote: »

I got a Tractor Cannon drop before killing the boss.

edited December 2018
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Fawst wrote: »

I got a Tractor Cannon drop before killing the boss.

You can never have enough Tractor Cannons.

SRSLY:
    gcodau27zntb.png

tastydonuts on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Today, we’d like to address the feedback we’ve received about the Crucible. The top issue reported by the community is associated with Matchmaking in the Competitive playlist. Many of you are expressing feedback around matching solos against fireteams, matching high Glory teams against lower Glory teams, and have many other suggestions regarding how progressing through the ranks should be changed. The appropriate teams are investigating possible changes to be included in a future update. We will have details for you as soon as we can.

Eh I doubt much will get done. It would be nice if they decoupled the rank from losses, or just heavily toned down the loss punishments.

Other things like a solo queue would just show good will to those who can't group up for various reasons

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited December 2018

PvP has been and always will be a side game in Destiny. They’re not going to pay too much attention to our PvP complaints, because we’re a tiny subset of the overall playerbase. The nova warp question is a great example of this. “Eh lets just leave that busted shit in place for 3/4s of a season”.

I say this as someone who primarily PvPs. I’m sitting at 1650 glory and I don’t know that I’ll bother chasing mountaintop because comp is a complete joke with no real fixes in sight. Nova warp, Gwisin Vest, OEM. All real, actual problems. Nothing of note beyond “Eh, maybe. We’ll see. Metrics and shit. *shrug*”

It’s real sad, but an unfortunate reality.

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    How do you even get the BA armor set? Ada just has bounties for weapons after beating the Forge.

Got my first forge done thanks to Foreverender and his friend. Got the MG and it's now my highest light, getting me to 611. I also got a new Black Armory Hoosegow same drop, neat.

I'm guessing the armor drops from the forges?

The Hoosegow and the kitbash guns can drop from the shielded dudes on Nessus too.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    The fact that they both included 'multiplayer emotes' and a 'baking cookies' emote in that announcement but not an emote where players stand around doing the 'missing the chili cook-off' dance before snagging and eating cookies is straight-up criminal.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    edited December 2018

Eh I doubt much will get done. It would be nice if they decoupled the rank from losses, or just heavily toned down the loss punishments.

Other things like a solo queue would just show good will to those who can't group up for various reasons

I think this shitpost sums it up:

tastydonuts on
    Sirialis wrote: »
    How do you even get the BA armor set? Ada just has bounties for weapons after beating the Forge.

There's a chance for an additional bounty to appear after completing one, ala Gambit/Clan bounties, and those reward powerful engrams with BA armor in the pool

kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited December 2018
    So rare armor with no reroll options as usual.

Even with Dreaming City gear dropping a bunch, I’m still not remotely satisfied with the rolls I have gotten.

Its the dumbest system, just do as the Division where you can reroll one perk on everything to mitigate the worst RNG.

Sirialis on
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular

I think this shitpost sums it up:

I haven't liked the armor from D2 at any point as much as I liked the armor in D1. I liked Iron Banner stuff way more Y2 and Y3 of D1 for instance. Although in D1 you couldn't make your titan a ninja turtle so ...

edited December 2018
    squall99x wrote: »
    Yup, the Nova Warp super is too dominant right now and we are planning to tweak it. It’s currently slated to land with a patch coming in late January.

I mean, it's the holiday season. I won't begrudge them getting nothing done for the last half of December and the first little bit of January and basically pushing everything back.

shryke on
    I really wish I could just bypass the entirety of the Forsaken campaign and let my third character patrol the dreaming city. I'm really not feeling doing these advanturz of venganz a third time.

I really wish I could just bypass the entirety of the Forsaken campaign and let my third character patrol the dreaming city. I'm really not feeling doing these advanturz of venganz a third time.

I did all 3 the first 2 weeks of Forsaken launch. First time it's great. By the 2nd time it's a slog and the 3rd time is even worse.

Especially after getting it all done and then having to do the whole Dreaming City key thing.

• KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    My adventures in PC land continue!

After my second weekly reset on this Titan I hit 555 today and all my non-pvp powerful rewards are done for the week, so I'm looking for alternate stuff to do.

The whole "prime engram drops increased below 550" thing is no joke, lemme tell you. I think I got 10+ of them the first day after the patch. I wish I had read the patch notes about that before I turned in so many powerful rewards, I'd probably be in the 560s now!

Someone in clan chat said I'd probably want to be around 560 to start The Last Wish, does that seem right to you?

Khildith on
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

I mean, it's the holiday season. I won't begrudge them getting nothing done for the last half of December and the first little bit of January and basically pushing everything back.

No, fuck that.

This has been broken since Forsaken launch. This should have been obviously broken from any halfway competent play testing prior to Forsaken launch. It's just not remotely acceptable to patch your PvP environment once every six months and pretend that's a real competitive game in 2018.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »

No, fuck that.

This has been broken since Forsaken launch. This should have been obviously broken from any halfway competent play testing prior to Forsaken launch. It's just not remotely acceptable to patch your PvP environment once every six months and pretend that's a real competitive game in 2018.

Try not to forget that Bungie devs are people too. No matter how unhappy you are with their work, that doesn't mean they should have to work through the holidays.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    Also like... Since the recent buffs to other classes, Nova Warp doesn't feel as dominate as it used to in the first months of Forsaken. At most, they should just trim the length of the super so you can't cross map with it and kill a whole team twice. Other things like Gwism saw a nerf (it definitely isnt as bad as last week) so most supers don't feel OP just a bit too long in duration given the damage reduction. I think they could change the reduction but trimming the length of Warp feels like the most fair thing they could do.

Dunno, I'm usually pretty sensitive to what's obnoxious to fight against in the Crucible/Endgame, and aside from the current grenadelauncher spam meta most classes are feeling like they're in good to decent spot. The standout being Tether still being ass.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Last Wish run tonight had me calling a lot of the shots. Felt nice (even though only my fourth completion, IIRC).

Also after only my fourth run I get that Exotic after Riven.

That's right, I'm the proud owner of a Prospector. It's ok to be jealous, it's only natural.

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    I don’t begrudge them at all, but the fact that their statement in One-Eyed-Mask says they *plan* to *look at it*...you have had an entire damn season to look at it and get feedback. Or Titan skating in PC hadn’t had a solution yet? Just limit how many times you can boost your jump per second! Christ it doesn’t take a rocket scientist

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    I don’t begrudge them at all, but the fact that their statement in One-Eyed-Mask says they *plan* to *look at it*...you have had an entire damn season to look at it and get feedback. Or Titan skating in PC hadn’t had a solution yet? Just limit how many times you can boost your jump per second! Christ it doesn’t take a rocket scientist

If their engine straight up doesn't have a "limit jumps per second" check already then for all we know it might take a rocket scientist to add one

Khildith wrote: »
    My adventures in PC land continue!

After my second weekly reset on this Titan I hit 555 today and all my non-pvp powerful rewards are done for the week, so I'm looking for alternate stuff to do.

The whole "prime engram drops increased below 550" thing is no joke, lemme tell you. I think I got 10+ of them the first day after the patch. I wish I had read the patch notes about that before I turned in so many powerful rewards, I'd probably be in the 560s now!

Someone in clan chat said I'd probably want to be around 560 to start The Last Wish, does that seem right to you?

Nah, we could drag you through Last Wish at like 540 probably.

• rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    rndmhero wrote: »

No, fuck that.

Try not to forget that Bungie devs are people too. No matter how unhappy you are with their work, that doesn't mean they should have to work through the holidays.

Missing the point. The problem is not that Bungie's not cancelling Christmas with their sick children to nerf Nova Warp. It's that "but the holidays" is a completely hollow excuse when they haven't patched anything over an entire season beforehand, which was itself already a laughably slower cycle goal than other major PvP games.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Other games seem to make tweaks on the fly, and communicate freely. Bungie always wants to wait and only seems to address the community once a week or so. It's a really odd thing that they haven't adapted to how times have changed.

Maybe the engine just doesn't support those kind of tweaks, which seems weird.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    After doing 1 1/2 characters, the best I can do for the raid is 626. Well past most people, but still a good bit below the recommended light level. Maybe I’ll have a bit of time to grind before the raid, and get lucky.

Haven’t infused my highest items into anything, yet, because I’m not yet sure what I’ll end up needing the most.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    So still got one spot for a fun run at the new raid tonight on PS4 if anyone is interested

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1252968

Like I said before, not really going in there with expectations just want to explore and maybe see if we can figure out some mechanics for ourselves.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    NATBurn had saved up keys from the previous week for Riven chests this week.

3x keys meant that we all opened 3 chests. Not a single 1KV or glittering key dropped.

Just a reminder that we've only ever seen two drop total.

This is massively borked.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    In awesome news

https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/a3wlur/progress_on_the_nessus_panel_partially_solved_all/

The raid secrets community has made significant progress on Black Armory's puzzle thingy. They've had to apply 5 different cipher transformations applied multiple times in a specific order. Each transformation came from its own puzzle. Additionally there was a multi-layer puzzle to even figure out how often those transformations and in which order to apply them. All of these puzzles and pieces were in game

And all they've got for all those efforts so far is yet another riddle. But they are getting closer.

ObiFett on