As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Legacy [Chat]ing

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    fuckin EMP grenades though

that's the business

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I went with a classic human megacorporation for my Stellaris 2.2 game: the United Google Conglomerate, with the capital being Google Earth.

The fact that the internal market adjusts to your purchases and lets you switch resources around is wonderful. It gives you a lot of flexibility but it's costly.

I'm looking forward to seeing how I can interact with planetary stability

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    SO Summary the real question is who gets those sytcher arms to become a murder machine

You know, I don't know if I recovered any? I ran a disassemble mechanoid bill and it gave me components and plasteel?

Do you need to set it as an operation?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    vh, read some Jeeves and Wooster. They're as light as gossamer and very, very funny.
    Better yet, watch some.

The Fry & Laurie TV series is very good but the books are their own, and to my mind superior, delight.
    It was my Uncle George who discovered that alcohol was a food well in advance of modern medical thought.
    I turned to Aunt Agatha, whose demeanour was now rather like that of one who, picking daisies on the railway, has just caught the down express in the small of the back.
    I once got engaged to his daughter Honoria, a ghastly dynamic exhibit who read Nietzsche and had a laugh like waves breaking on a stern and rockbound coast.
    'Yes, sir,' said Jeeves in a low, cold voice, as if he had been bitten in the leg by a personal friend.
    Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.
    Gussie, a glutton for punishment, stared at himself in the mirror.

okay I love these lines a lot

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    fuckin EMP grenades though

that's the business

Explosive Mordinance Pisposal

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I went with a classic human megacorporation for my Stellaris 2.2 game: the United Google Conglomerate, with the capital being Google Earth.

The fact that the internal market adjusts to your purchases and lets you switch resources around is wonderful. It gives you a lot of flexibility but it's costly.

I'm looking forward to seeing how I can interact with planetary stability

nice

New POE, Rimworld, War Thunder, new Stellaris

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    The infestation has been cleared. We've learned important lessons about underground construction. As we rebuild we're going to add a heat purge system in case the bugs return. The farmland and stores are safe, and our colonists recover in the rec room. We move on, but we do not forget.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    @spool32 I'm feelin very proud

You can reinstall batteries now, so when a psychic ship landed I moved a battery and a couple turrets over

Those died but killed a pair of scythers, and then I kited around the mechapede with three shooters with bolt-action rifles

they all have muscle parasites but the 'pede is pretty slow and I managed to bait it into some marshland

Nobody died!

yes fantastic!

kiting a mechapede with bolt-action rifles must have taken forever... list time I had to fight four of them and I just gutted it out behind rows of sandbags, then got the bionic factory humming again...

Aloy did it with a bow and arrows

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I am rooting for you Chanus!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    well my job disappears on monday

also i have a conference call on monday with my boss and my new boss

so

hopefully that's the hey here's a new job call and not the come into work on monday just so we can all get together on the phone to lay you off call

Man, I'd love to get laid off about now

Unemployment-chan...

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    @spool32 I'm feelin very proud

You can reinstall batteries now, so when a psychic ship landed I moved a battery and a couple turrets over

Those died but killed a pair of scythers, and then I kited around the mechapede with three shooters with bolt-action rifles

they all have muscle parasites but the 'pede is pretty slow and I managed to bait it into some marshland

Nobody died!

yes fantastic!

kiting a mechapede with bolt-action rifles must have taken forever... list time I had to fight four of them and I just gutted it out behind rows of sandbags, then got the bionic factory humming again...

Aloy did it with a box of scraps!

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    SO Summary the real question is who gets those sytcher arms to become a murder machine

You know, I don't know if I recovered any? I ran a disassemble mechanoid bill and it gave me components and plasteel?

Do you need to set it as an operation?

guess it was removed from the game around 1.0

I played an older version

• Options
    edited December 2018
    turns out Constructor colonists can remove them as a medical operation from downed, but not dead, scythers
    A colonist with two blades will have 20% manipulation, making one terrible at anything needing manipulation, but great at melee by out-DPS'ing a normal plasteel longsword (12.12 vs 10) if all blows connect. However, since scyther blades have a heavy manipulation penalty, they are very inaccurate and can only be expected to hit around 50 - 70% of the time, for an effective DPS of around 6 to 8.4, making them no match for many other melee weapons.

Interesting! Plasteel longsword or uranium mace might be the way to go then

SummaryJudgment on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Wait storm light archive isn't finished? Isn't a trilogy? Didn't I read those?

Apparently 10 books, each at least a thousand pages.

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »

so

hopefully that's the hey here's a new job call and not the come into work on monday just so we can all get together on the phone to lay you off call

Unemployment-chan...

what about laid on

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Every time Stellaris gets a big update, I think "now is the time" but then don't get around to it and then another big update comes out and I'm glad I waited. Eventually perhaps the game will finally be ready for me, experienced and mature, and I look forward to that day.

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »

so

Unemployment-chan...

what about laid on

*raises hand, waiving it like an impatient child*

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Chanus make some home made chocolate bars and infuse them with chocolate laxative then leave them in your desk and then maybe eat them I dunno how this is supposed to work

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Ok new goal: have a decent enough machine to play da4 three years from now

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    And now our doctor has decided to murder our paramedic and nobody's around to stop him...

...in response, we're going to execute the doctor.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    What if instead of Valkyrie or Captain Marvel, Tony and Nebula are saved by Howard the Duck

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

I wondered if that news had filtered down to you yet :D

• Options

Start saving now

I know a guy who can build them

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Going away for a 5 days feelings:

It's weird but like, Pinecone is so integrally part of my life now that it takes me a while to miss them when we're apart. So I'll be ok on that front probably? But Oat feelings are so new I'm on the bus and I'm already like wow where is she!!!?

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I've been reading the first Baru book and I think it is very good so far. I'm like 150 pages in or something like that.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Man what. I thought Oathbringer was the cap on the trilogy
    and I recall it ending pretty well too, more after that is cool I guess since I enjoyed those characters and all but they sort of defeated the bad guys and the good guys completed their arcs and stuff unless I'm misremembering.
    Not that I'll say no to more I guess.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Chanus make some home made chocolate bars and infuse them with chocolate laxative then leave them in your desk and then maybe eat them I dunno how this is supposed to work

You’re laying me off? Well lay on this!

*proceeds to shit himself*

okay maybe this plan will work then

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

This answers my question of who on earth was asking for another Dragon Age

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Every time Stellaris gets a big update, I think "now is the time" but then don't get around to it and then another big update comes out and I'm glad I waited. Eventually perhaps the game will finally be ready for me, experienced and mature, and I look forward to that day.

Always jump on a Paradox expansion quickly so you can enjoy yourself before the next big update

• Options
    And now our doctor has decided to murder our paramedic and nobody's around to stop him...

...in response, we're going to execute the doctor.

Next week on General Hospital,

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    bleric is the first trip to carolina instead of texas?

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I would like the self-confidence of a man who thinks to himself they have a 12,000 page story to tell that can't be trimmed down a bit.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Son you best behave

• Options
    dragon age is great shut your whore mouth mojojojojojojo

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Lots of folks.

three had some serious issues of pacing and design but was still a pretty great game that was hamstrung by needing to also run on the PS3/xbox 360.

The next DA game has lots of potential.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Every breath I taaaaake

Every move I maaaake

I'm watching Bioware

Blameless Cleric on

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

Start saving now

I know a guy who can build them

Is that guy her father? :P

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i like to be prepared so i just went ahead and took the laxatives now

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Especially since their last Mass Effect game pretty much killed that franchise

• Options
    I would like the self-confidence of a man who thinks to himself they have a 12,000 page story to tell that can't be trimmed down a bit.

Well when you have twelve main characters

This discussion has been closed.