As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Old Thread.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Step-up gave me Lila #1, Sieghard #1, and AD Kain #1.

Lila and Kain are too little too late.

[edit] Dark Fina #1? Fuck you, game. That's 1 out of 4 rainbows that's on-banner.
    Stop pulling!!!

I've pulled 10 tickets so far without any luck. Getting close to calling it with this many blues showing up.

Tiphares on
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    lol stage 5 has the "use Cannon" for 50 lapis but seems there a bug where Cannon isn't a friend option.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    lol stage 5 has the "use Cannon" for 50 lapis but seems there a bug where Cannon isn't a friend option.
    Haha. I guess people have to pull if they want that lapis! I could put up a Cannon friend for anyone that wants to get the mission done. LOL

• CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Tanks continue to hate me. I did a full lap of the step up banner and got nothing. I only have 50 tickets, so I don't really want to pull more just in case the Christmas units are good and I want to try for that. Maybe I'll get lucky with daily pulls.

• JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    already seen a stars wars reference. An elegant weapon for a more civilized time.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Step-up gave me Lila #1, Sieghard #1, and AD Kain #1.

Lila and Kain are too little too late.

[edit] Dark Fina #1? Fuck you, game. That's 1 out of 4 rainbows that's on-banner.
    Stop pulling!!!

I've pulled 10 tickets so far without any luck. Getting close to calling it with this many blues showing up.

Too late!

[edit] I swear to Jeebus, if the Christmas banner has a better tank than Sieghard, I'm going to strangle a puppy. Fuck limited units. Fuck them all.

TeaSpoon on
    I doubt Christmas will have another tank. We already have WKN on it and we've seen tanks on the last 2 holiday banners. My money is on a physical DPS unit or support unit. If they really are going the Santa route, he's fit either role (maybe both).

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Huh, first time an 11k actually paid out two banner units, weird.

Oh well, not complaining, he’s a damn phys cover and provoke tank, which is great since I was drowning in Magic Tanks.

Time to wait for CG Charlotte as his perfect partner

• JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Welp, third normal ticket got me a cannon to work with. Such a maidly waifu.

Edit: hahaahh, someone asked Dietlinde what they could do about making their face beautiful.
    Diet - "make up for it with personality."

oh I am enjoying the puns.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I doubt Christmas will have another tank. We already have WKN on it and we've seen tanks on the last 2 holiday banners. My money is on a physical DPS unit or support unit. If they really are going the Santa route, he's fit either role (maybe both).

Futurama collab with Robot Santa chainer plz.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Overwatch collab. 7* D.Va and Zarya

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    edited December 2018
    Ok. I'm 35 tickets deep on this banner with no other rainbows in sight. I'm calling it quits for now. I setup a Cannon friend for that annoying missions for those that need her. I put as much HP on her so she is not so squishy and Concealing Cloth.

Tiphares on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    600k Raid summons later... 571 Gil snappers.....

another 500 and so cactuars need fuzing....

god, I'm gonna be at this forever.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    600k Raid summons later... 571 Gil snappers.....

another 500 and so cactuars need fuzing....

god, I'm gonna be at this forever.
    Starting on mine now too

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Threw a few tickets at the banner, got Ace#2. Ok, sure. Gonna wait and see what kinda Lapis gains we get from the Fan Festa raid before running the step-up.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    So glad you got him @TeaSpoon !

• AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Did the step up and got 4 Cannons, used 49 rare tickets and got another 8 Cannons...

Question for the step up banner. It says limit 1 per player, is that mean I can only do 1 time or can do multiple times without the bonus rates?

Edit: Got Sieghard on my daily 250 lapis discount pull!!! Going to buy lottery ticket during lunch today

AhiMahi on
    AhiMahi wrote: »
    Did the step up and got 4 Cannons, used 49 rare tickets and got another 8 Cannons...

Question for the step up banner. It says limit 1 per player, is that mean I can only do 1 time or can do multiple times without the bonus rates?

Only once. When you've finished running it, that's it.

• BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Unluckily lucky. Figured I'd pull at least a little for a chance at Sieg #1 just to make it easier in case I wanted/needed to UoC him in the future.

No Sieg and not going to chase, but got Lightning and Shadowlord.

Typically crap, but Lightning is #4 and Shadowlord has a 60% sword TMR, both of which will be pretty sweet if my A.Fryevia mule doesn't ditch me this weekend. They're going on Sun so more suspense :P

BlehBlehAmiga on
    ffbe ign: Kas
    1.5 hrs left until my nrg is maxed and 2 until my arena orbs are full.

still 250 cactuars to fuze until I can play

Oh wow, blessings upon me today. I dropped some tickets to pick up a Cannon so I don't have to redo this story event and about 13 regular tickets later: Sieghard! I think I'll keep him at 6* for now...

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Hmm, trying to decide if it's worth tickets and/or a step up for Sieghard. I have A. Rain already. I have one Wilhelm so I could UoC a 2nd. I have plenty of resources.

steam_sig.png
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I'd almost wait until after Fan Festa to pull on this banner. We should find out the next few weeks of things going on I suspect. They may even give us sneak peaks at the Christmas stuff.

Going to see where dailies get me before tickets. Really want 1 Cannon and Dietlinde for their TMR's.

urahonky wrote: »
    So glad you got him @TeaSpoon !

Thanks! And congratulations on getting your 6* Sieghard!

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Going to see where dailies get me before tickets. Really want 1 Cannon and Dietlinde for their TMR's.

They'll come over time.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    I only missed out on about 2-3 minutes of NRG but I got down to my unit cap, still another 75 or so cactuars to go but I have time now.

Unfortunately my minmax OCD doesn't allow me to raid pull until at least Tuesday preferably Wednesday. Sorry Sieghard, seems you'll have to stay at level 117 for now.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I love Cannon's sprite. Never spills a drop at any point.

I should follow my own advice and spending limits. I dropped 35 more tickets... Basch #1, LM Fina #2, and Rem #3. Still no 7* physical tank.

Bad Tiph! Stop right now!

Wooo 20k Lapis later, second Sieghard! I can save 55k for next major release of units.

• KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    So I did the first three steps for Sieghard and it was pure blue basically

I had 6 4* tickets. I pull 5 and get 3 rainbow

Jirelya, Sieghard 1. At this point I tell myself there no way I get another and pull.

Siehard2. Once I get enough cactaur I'll have my first 7*

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
    Wooo 20k Lapis later, second Sieghard! I can save 55k for next major release of units.

Wait, how did you spend 20k lapis?

Did you... do the 5k 10+1 pulls?

Wait, how did you spend 20k lapis?

Did you... do the 5k 10+1 pulls?

I believe they got one from the step-up banner, then started dropping lapis on the 10+1 pulls.

Yep, I did 4x5k pulls and step up. So the correct math is 31k Lapis today for 2 Seighard, although I got nothing out of the step up.

For some reason it's much easier to get rainbows from lapis pulls than from tickets. I can spend 10+1 tickets like water and never get anything. Lapis pulls give me something more often than not. It's weird. The rates should be the same, though I can see Gumi pulling a fast one on us.

• Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    One time step up gave me Sieghard #1 and Maquina #1.

Around 15 tickets, gave me Tidus #1 and Seighard #2. Used 2 90% blue tickets. My 70% blue ticket gave me Seighard #2.

Now I will have a 7 star physical tank.

Still over 30k lapis and 190 tickets.

I guess it is time to hoard for Akstar.

Joe Camacho MKII on
    steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Did the bonus stages and used the 10% ticket on the Sieghard banner. Drops Rainbow to...SBDFina#2. Ok, two rainbows off of this banner so far, two off-banner 7*s made.

Elite and Parameter missions when Gumi?!

Cruor on
    edited December 2018
    I think I might have buyer's remorse on Sieghard. I hate his 2-turn provoke. It limits him to a 2-turn rotation, meaning he'll have 2/3 of the actions of a 3-turn provoker. Since one of those turns is spent provoking, he'll essentially have half of a 3-turn provoker's free actions.

If you have him provoking and covering, that's all he does. Since his provoke ability unlocks a cover ability, all he uses is a single ability.

And whoever said he's a magic tank, that's a goddamn lie. His 2-turn magic cover has a 3-turn cooldown. Meaning you'll need to bring a dedicated magic tank if you're in a fight that needs magic cover.

I also hate that his provoke has physical damage mitigation. Meaning, he's not very good against ST magic attacks. So, when you're facing a magic enemy and you need a provoke tank, you should use general damage mitigation from another unit. Then, why even use Sieghard's shitty 2-turn provoke in the first place? Why not use Golem's 3-turn provoke? And if you're going to use Golem's 3-turn provoke, why even use Sieghard?

He has all these skills that should make him versatile, but they've all be nerfed to uselessness.

Who is he supposed to be good against? Physical bosses? His provoke locks him into a 2-turn rotation and his physical DM isn't actually better than a general DM. You can supplement is with an outside source of general DM, but guess what, I has Pod 153 and I can supplement general DM with physical DM. Wilhelm is better. He can do more stuff because he has an extra turn and his provoke has general DM.

Against magical bosses? He's worse than Wilhelm because of his physical DM. In this situation, you're better off using Golem's provoke.

Against bosses that use both types of attacks? Again, Wilhelm is better.

If you equip him with 100% passive provoke, he has higher stats than Wilhelm because of his equipment choices. I guess. But that means he has fewer equipment slots for elemental resistances. And 100% passive provoke doesn't have DM of any kind. An ability provoke is better in almost all cases (except for Sieghard's physical DM provoke against magic bosses), and you should only use passive provoke with bosses that have berserk/stop/charm. So in those rare cases, he wins against Wilhelm.

And, his LB, when exactly are you supposed to use it? Use him as a provoke/cover tank and there is no gap in his turns. Use him as a provoke tank and you need to refill his LB gauge every 2 turns. Miss it once and you get a turn without general DM.

Give him passive provoke and use his LB every 3 turns? Now his ability to tank is tied to LB crystals. RNG decides whether you live or die. And you waste your shield and body slot. Are you supposed to waste even more slots on LB-generating gear?

Sieghard doesn't seem like he's worth the 50 tickets and step-up lap. I already had Basch. Slap Golem on him and he's nearly as good a provoker.

Sorry for the rant.

[edit] And lets not forget he occasionally covers you magic tank and wipes your party. That's also a thing he does. He's just so limited. He can do things, but he's not very good at them. And doing one thing means he can't do other things. And the things he's good at other units can also do with the right esper and right gear.

TeaSpoon on
This discussion has been closed.