As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    you should defenetly go for Mesa, cause she's the best!

He can't do Mesa yet if he's only up to Uranus, Patient Zero doesn't unlock until Pluto or Eris somewhere. But she's definitely a solid choice because her 4 puts out some of the most ridiculous damage in the game.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I don't like Nova at all, her abilities are all weird and fiddly and she is made of wet paper bags. I'd much rather have Nekros raising hordes of meat shields and getting everyone extra drops or Oberon giving everyone regeneration and armor and telekinetic slamming everything around or Frost putting snowglobe shields around defense objectives and excavators.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

I think Ember would be a good fit for you. You do seem to enjoy burning things in MMOs.

it's tru I do like setting things on fire

Limbo could be useful to trivialize Corpus spy missions. Not so useful on Grineer spy missions though.

Alas, I'm actually pretty good at Corpus spy missions; those are generally just a matter of being slow and careful and patient. Grineer missions are my bane because I'll think I'm good and then OH LOOK YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT DRONE / SENSOR BAR / WHATEVER, GUESS YOU BETTER RUN LIKE HELL AND TRY NOT TO DIE.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    edited December 2018
    I don't like Nova at all, her abilities are all weird and fiddly and she is made of wet paper bags. I'd much rather have Nekros raising hordes of meat shields and getting everyone extra drops or Oberon giving everyone regeneration and armor and telekinetic slamming everything around or Frost putting snowglobe shields around defense objectives and excavators.

1 and 4 are all you need for Nova, but yeah, I didn't like her until I cranked her health and shield pools way up and had her fully modded out so I got lots of defense on 1 and max slow/duration on 4. She's usually a one-trick frame though for sure (using 3 for go fast on plains is obsolete now, 2 is definitely too fiddly compared to just dropping 4 and shooting lots for killing things)

Polaritie on
  • LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

He can't do Mesa yet if he's only up to Uranus, Patient Zero doesn't unlock until Pluto or Eris somewhere. But she's definitely a solid choice because her 4 puts out some of the most ridiculous damage in the game.

Well then defenetly do Ember as she is also the best! And I mean THE best.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
    If we're talking about covering new bases, Frost is probably the ideal choice to try first. Easy to farm, one of the most reliable objective defense options (and you'll see him a LOT in them, because he's so good at it with his snowglobes).

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

1 and 4 are all you need for Nova, but yeah, I didn't like her until I cranked her health and shield pools way up and had her fully modded out so I got lots of defense on 1 and max slow/duration on 4. She's usually a one-trick frame though for sure (using 3 for go fast on plains is obsolete now, 2 is definitely too fiddly compared to just dropping 4 and shooting lots for killing things)
    Nah, 2's fucking nuts. I would top damage in sanctuary onslaughts just spamming that the whole time. It is a truly absurd amount of damage, both single target and AOE, it's got a good blast radius, it hits through walls, and you can guide it where you want it to go. And keep in mind, until recently I was playing with a controller, so it was harder for me to hit it than it'll probably be for you. There is a solid case to be made that it is her best ability.

cB557 on
  • Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

The Junction from Pluto to Eris gives her Quest as the reward and the Mesa [Patient Zero] quest takes place in Eris. If you are planning on going for Mesa I would recommend you start hoarding Mutalist Alad V coordinates way before you plan on trying for her, you need one of them for every Key to access the Boss that drops frame parts. They are sometimes rewards from Invasions so they can be annoying to try and farm if you run out before getting all 3 pieces.

Who-Psyd on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Who-Psyd wrote: »

The Junction from Pluto to Eris gives her Quest as the reward and the Mesa [Patient Zero] quest takes place in Eris. If you are planning on going for Mesa I would recommend you start hoarding Mutalist Alad V coordinates way before you plan on trying for her, you need one of them for every Key to access the Boss that drops frame parts. They are sometimes rewards from Invasions so they can be annoying to try and farm if you run out before getting all 3 pieces.

TBH, at this point you might just wait for Mesa prime. She should be the next one in line

steam_sig.png
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Okidokie.

I have maxed Excalibur, Rhino, and Trinity Prime; I am working on Volt Prime. I still have, I think, 3 Warframe slots before I have to go to the Platinum mines. Which 'frames should I focus on grabbing next, and which bosses do I have to punch repeatedly to get them? I have up through Uranus unlocked.

Please don't just go "whatever u think lewks kewl!!!!" remember that this game can get confusing and overwhelming and I'm not sure where I should start even. Of the three I have maxed, I've so far enjoyed Rhino the most ("don't die! Yell a lot! stompy stomp!"). Trinity does her job very well, especially now that I'm used to her, but I'm not sure she's really my Jam.

So, the reason people say "looks cool" is that literally anything is a viable option for the killing, it just depends on how you want to play and how you want to feel while doing it, so everyone has a different progression recommendation and favorite. Rhino is stompy and fat, Trinity is "fuck you you don't die until I say so", and so on. Volt's a wizard.

So, what kind of thing do you like to do most? Since you like Rhino and "not dead", I might suggest Inaros, who is available via quest from Baro. (Pretty inexpensive, too.)

Inaros is basically the Geth Juggernaut of Warframe, if that helps. Mine has something like 4500 HP, and 600+ armor (or more; it's a whole lot) before abilities, and it's... Real hard to find a way to use a revive.

Edit: Now, some may quibble and say that other frames are more survivable, or do X and Y. However, most of those require "doing something", even if it's just casting an ability now and then. Inaros is a big fat wall of armored mummy meat. Get gun, apply dakka, never die.

dporowski on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Can someone invite me to the PA clan ? Name is Figment3

@Figgy Says name not found. Double check spelling, and it needs your warframe name, not nintendo name, if that's what you were giving.

@dipuc4life finally got your invite out

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Axen wrote: »
    Can I get a reinvite to the PA PC Clan? AxenMoon by the name.

You can indeed. One's been sent.

I think Figgy is on the PC side, unless there's multiple people with that username around.

MrGrimoire on
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Okidokie.

I have maxed Excalibur, Rhino, and Trinity Prime; I am working on Volt Prime. I still have, I think, 3 Warframe slots before I have to go to the Platinum mines. Which 'frames should I focus on grabbing next, and which bosses do I have to punch repeatedly to get them? I have up through Uranus unlocked.

Please don't just go "whatever u think lewks kewl!!!!" remember that this game can get confusing and overwhelming and I'm not sure where I should start even. Of the three I have maxed, I've so far enjoyed Rhino the most ("don't die! Yell a lot! stompy stomp!"). Trinity does her job very well, especially now that I'm used to her, but I'm not sure she's really my Jam.

If you're not sure what frames to go for because none of the ones you've seen catch your eye, Frost and Oberon are easy to farm and extremely reliable for a new player. Frost is king shit of defense mountain, and Oberon only needs a single mod (that appears semi regularly as a Cetus bounty reward) to become damn near unkillable while providing support to yourself and the whole squad. And he buffs your doggos!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    +1 to Oberon. I'm really enjoying playing with him, and my prime version finished cooking last night so I'm a bit extra hype about him right now.

As an asside, I have 3 more new frames cooking now.

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Okidokie.

Ember from Sargus Ruk from Saturn - burns things like mad, but is a bit squishy.

Nezha from the dojo lab - also burns thing, not as much as Ember, but is significantly less squishy.

Frost from Ceres I think now? Ultimate point defense Frame with snow globe.

Gara from the Plains - Decent point defense that's tanky and infinitely scaling damage aura

Valkyr from Jupiter- Berserker with claws and some more yelling.

Those would be the ones I mess around with the most. Might consider saving a slot for Titania or Octavia, IIRC their quests are available right after doing Second Dream.

Also, the reason why people say "pick whomever you think looks kewl" is that there isn't really such a thing as a bad warframe. The worst you get is a meh like Vauban.

steam_sig.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Axen wrote: »
    Can I get a reinvite to the PA PC Clan? AxenMoon by the name.

You can indeed. One's been sent.

I think Figgy is on the PC side, unless there's multiple people with that username around.

Indeed, and I'm in the clan now!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Earlier I had read from a couple places "Rhino for 90% of the content, _______ for the rest you can't do with Rhino." But I forget what the other one was now. May have been for defense or for stealth missions.
    Drascin wrote: »
    If you're not sure what frames to go for because none of the ones you've seen catch your eye, Frost and Oberon are easy to farm and extremely reliable for a new player. Frost is king shit of defense mountain, and Oberon only needs a single mod (that appears semi regularly as a Cetus bounty reward) to become damn near unkillable while providing support to yourself and the whole squad. And he buffs your doggos!

...Which one?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited December 2018
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Okidokie.

Ember from Sargus Ruk from Saturn - burns things like mad, but is a bit squishy.

Nezha from the dojo lab - also burns thing, not as much as Ember, but is significantly less squishy.

Frost from Ceres I think now? Ultimate point defense Frame with snow globe.

Gara from the Plains - Decent point defense that's tanky and infinitely scaling damage aura

Valkyr from Jupiter- Berserker with claws and some more yelling.

Those would be the ones I mess around with the most. Might consider saving a slot for Titania or Octavia, IIRC their quests are available right after doing Second Dream.

Also, the reason why people say "pick whomever you think looks kewl" is that there isn't really such a thing as a bad warframe. The worst you get is a meh like Vauban.

I'll second this list, I think it's a good place to start to choose from. All these are relatively straightforward to get and to play. I would like to add one more recommendation:

Zephyr: from the Tenno Labs in the Dojo. The Wind frame, when you see a pile of tornadoes tossing enemies about on a map, that's Zephyr. Has a solid defensive ability and can fly.

Oberon is someone you'll pick up naturally along the way, since his parts drop from Eximus units.

E: Incidentally, Valkyr's 1 is one of the most fun movement abilities in the game. Not the best, but fun.

MrGrimoire on
    Earlier I had read from a couple places "Rhino for 90% of the content, _______ for the rest you can't do with Rhino." But I forget what the other one was now. May have been for defense or for stealth missions.

...Which one?

Hunter Adrenaline. Taking damage to health restores energy (maxed out, 45% conversion). There's the rare Rage mod with the same effect, but Hunter Adrenaline is easy to get whenever the ghoul bounties pop up (once a month or so).

Basically, you use it to fuel Oberon's 3, which is a powerful regeneration aura. So incoming damage gives you energy, which you burn to erase the damage. It works really well on any frames with heals. Oberon's 2 creates a zone that damages enemies and purges status ailments from allies. His 1 and 4 kill shit. Fairly well-rounded frame and having the rage effect does make him really hard to die with outside of the highest level content (it's possible for his regen to get out-damaged, after all, but if you keep moving not much can hit hard enough fast enough to do so)

edited December 2018

...Which one?

_______ is probably Frost, because the one thing Rhino struggles at is protecting things, and Frost is the best at that.

However, "_______" is subjective, and can be fudged depending on your preferred play style. For example, Nyx, Nidus, Hydroid and Vauban protect things by providing amazing CC, Mesa, Equinox and Saryn protect things by being the best at murdering entire rooms before they get a chance to damage whatever it is you are protecting. Octavia does a little of both. Limbo and Gara also protect things in a traditional sense; Gara with walls of glass that, albeit much more fragile that Frost's Snow Globes, she can explode for damage, and Limbo by tucking it away in another dimension the freezes enemies in stasis.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    ...Which one?

Hunter Adrenaline. Oberon has a regen that eats energy. Hunter Adrenaline gives you energy when you're damaged. I'm sure you see the synergy here :).

He's my "I don't know about this mission..." workhorse frame. I have either the base or the prime of every frame except Harrow, but when I don't feel confident I grab Oberon, because he works every time.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    All this talk about the different frames is giving me that Pokemon feeling.

I could see myself sinking a lot of hours into crafting them all.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro

Don't forget weapons. Gotta collect an arsenal too.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

Don't forget weapons. Gotta collect an arsenal too.

Don't forget the animals. Gotta start a kennel as well.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Banshee, Rhino, Frost, Saryn, Loki, Inaros, Nova, Trinity and Valkyr are frames that I use frequently. The strikethroughs are frames you can only acquire beyond Uranus.

Frost, Loki, Saryn, Inaros and Rhino are my current top 5:
    Frost for Defense/Excavation. Bubble is good, Avalanche is also good.
    Loki for Spy. His invisibility is the best and most used, but decoy+Switch teleport is so great for getting around lasertraps.
    Saryn is a good horde murderframe. Spores, bonus toxin damage, spores, miasma, spores. And of course Regenerating Molt for "oh shit" moments.
    Inaros is my goto frame for Sorties. He's a tower of power, regenerates so much energy, he has like 4 different ways of regenerating health and he's probably the toughest frame in the game. The drawback is that he doesn't have shields, so "death by a thousand bee stings" is a thing (since he needs enemy health to regen his own health. No good if they all die instantly).
    Rhino is my man for Index. Rhino with Arca Plasmor owns the index.

Banshee is fun since all her weapons are silenced and she has a bunch of good AoE and support abilities. Trinity is a really good support frame that can generate so much health and energy for the entire team (while being extremely tough with her Link ability). Valkyr is a fast moving murdermachine (I used to play her more before I got Inaros). Nova has a specific job for me, and that job is "blow up the infested, all the infested". Her ability to destroy and crowdcontrol infested is unmatched, but she's a bit too fragile for my liking when fighting high level grineer/corpus.

My extremely niche frame is Limbo. He's the king of Defection, a mission type you probably never heard of.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Is this where i advocate for Ash, just to have every frame recommended? I love Ash, he's by far my most used frame, but unless the concept of an actual ninja, with teleportation, smoke bombs and shurikens in his kit appeals, he's fine to skip. Also, he's currently really annoying to farm.

Honestly, I would recommend that newer players, once they feel they have their feet under them, since the amount of information to absorb in this game is staggering, take a look at all the frames either in the store or on the wiki, just to see if any of them make you go "this fits me, it's perfect and I have to have it". And then get it. If you need help because that particular frame is a pain to farm, ask for help. Enjoyment and longevity of the game can be drastically increased if you have a beloved frame to fall back on.

I've done every mission type as both Ash and Mesa because my enjoyment from playing then is more important to me than being optimal. And because I'm very comfortable on those frames, I'm able to pull my weight even where they're not optimal.

Mind, this is general advice/ observation, it's not aimed at those asking for help picking a frame, because things are still at the 'this is a lot, what am i doing' stage. More something to keep in mind when you're settling into the game and is getting comfortable.

Honestly all I want to play is Rhino forever. I have several frames done cooking that I haven't even taken out, including Frost. Don't care!

I mean I'd have to buy more frame storage real quick too.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    The reason people say play whatever looks cool is because Warframe is a really easy game that is mostly about breaking the game balance in half in your method of choice. HOW would you specifically like to break the game today?

Right now the only truly bad Warframes are Ember, Nyx, and Wukong.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    My Mirage Prime has a 488% damage boost from her 3 because I really cranked up her power strength at the cost of efficiency but her third and first skill also last over a minute and by that time her energy's usually maxed again anyway.

Gara's also been a lot of fun she's like a better but harder to defend with Frost

SkutSkut on
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    The reason people say play whatever looks cool is because Warframe is a really easy game that is mostly about breaking the game balance in half in your method of choice. HOW would you specifically like to break the game today?

I heard Hydroid was pretty bad.

He has an augment that keeps him in demand since he can increase loot drops.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Hydroid's good! You just really don't have a lot of use for his 1 or 3 most of the time. The wavedash is fast as heck and if you get yourself a big old Kraken with Pilfering Swarm, it's very good at clogging chokepoints or clearing defense objectives.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited December 2018

Ember is the best (as in least skill intensive) at speed running star chart content, and Wukong is effectively immortal. And even before Nyx gets buffed in the next week or two she has one of the best CCs in the game and her Absorb Augment makes her one of the tankiest frames out there.

Like I said earlier, there are no "bad" frames, just niche frames and "ok" frames that work fine, but are simply surpassed in almost every way by someone else.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Another point about Oberon, His 1 and 2 do radiation damage. 1 has a 100% proc rate of the radiation effect, and the 2 has a moderate proc chance on every damage tic (it tics twice per second). Irradiated enemies go crazy and attack their friends, and their friends attack them back.

IME a lot of the 'tankyness' of Oberon comes from the sheer chaos his 2 generates when it insanifys all the enemies in the area.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Nah, Oberon's tanky is from the Renewal augment.
    "Once every 90 seconds, if you would die, you don't die."

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Nah, Oberon's tanky is from the Renewal augment.
    "Once every 90 seconds, if you would die, you don't die."

I don't have that yet, so for me Oberon is tankey because of his 2 combined with his 3 and hunter recovery from his doggo.

Oberon has a lot of good thimgs going for him, yes.

• AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    wukong's immortality gives him a decent wee niche in arbitrations just now (where your main stumbling block is no revives), although tbf he doesnt offer much more than what you can get with phoenix renewal oberon or nidus' passive.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Oberon has a lot of good thimgs going for him, yes.

Unfortunately, helmet style isn't one of them.

steam_sig.png