As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Voidship & God Eater 3 out today!

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    The Epic Megagames Storefront doesn't quite roll of the tongue. Wonder if they'll give it a more concise name in the near future

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Sidenote: I didn't realize there was a prequel to Rebel Galaxy in the works and that it's out "early 2019". Space dogfights and more slide guitar? Yes please

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Epic Megagames Storefront Thread Band

We hope that you enjoyed the show.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    obsidian's new game

looks like fallout in space?

Looks a lot like Borderlands to me, what with the space settlers vs giant corporations.

Hopefully they can pull it off a lot better, cause I've never been able to get into Borderlands, despite being 100% into the general idea of the setting.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Yeah that looks like exactly what I want, especially combined with the trailer as a tonepiece

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    No man's sky has taught me well. I'll be following this but I'll wait for reviews

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Huh. Is Far Cry New Dawn a typical full-sized Far Cry release like 3, 4, and 5? Or is it more like Blood Dragon? It kinda looks to me like they just Mad Max'd a chunk of Far Cry 5.

Why oh why did they have to make the leaders of the raiders black, though?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Hey, maybe the two people torturing someone on the cover of a game are the good guys.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Hey, maybe the two people torturing someone on the cover of a game are the good guys.

The trailer shows the twins to be the "baddies".

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    What a twist!

• Options
    What a twist!

Noooo, FC: New Dawn is directed by Jean-Sebastien Decant, not M. Night Shyamalan.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Huh. Is Far Cry New Dawn a typical full-sized Far Cry release like 3, 4, and 5? Or is it more like Blood Dragon? It kinda looks to me like they just Mad Max'd a chunk of Far Cry 5.

Why oh why did they have to make the leaders of the raiders black, though?

It looks to be more like Primal sized, and priced accordingly

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    obsidian's new game

looks like fallout in space?

It's been rumored for a while that Obsidian was working on a Not-Fallout New Vegas.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    The last far cry I enjoyed was primal. I stupidly bought 5 at full price and hated it, so I have zero interest in this. Maybe will pick up when it's super cheap in a years time

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

that picture could easily be of two apocalyptic survivors who just captured some dirtbag. If you swapped those people with for instance two people in vault suits and the guy in the middle was wearing a raider outfit you'd be like hell yeah these two people are the good guys

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    Out today!

Katamari Damacy Reroll - December 7th

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Company of Heroes 2 is free until Monday 10 AM PST.

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/coh2_giveaway_weekend/

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    man so Outer Worlds is Obsidian eating Bethesda AND Gearbox's lunch, huh

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    oh my god, Hades' whole deal is that you play Hades' teenage son who hates his dad and wants to escape the underworld. When you die, you go back to Hades' throne room and you add stats in your bedroom which is like a teenagers idea of the underworld and the narrator notes how messy it is and how hades is always griping at you to clean it up

this game is...Good

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    man so Outer Worlds is Obsidian eating Bethesda AND Gearbox's lunch, huh

Well, they have released buggy, unfinished games and have been accused of diverting resources from contract work to studio owned projects.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    oh my god, Hades' whole deal is that you play Hades' teenage son who hates his dad and wants to escape the underworld. When you die, you go back to Hades' throne room and you add stats in your bedroom which is like a teenagers idea of the underworld and the narrator notes how messy it is and how hades is always griping at you to clean it up

this game is...Good

Wait wait. What game is this?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

this game is...Good

It is called Hades- the new Supergiant Games game

the protagonist is actually way less emo and edgy than I expected. He's instead surprisingly upbeat and optimistic, and as I've progressed through the story details he has some very legitimate grievances and reasons for doing what he's doing

also he's super hot so, that's a big plus

Anzekay on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »

this game is...Good

the protagonist is actually way less emo and edgy than I expected. He's instead surprisingly upbeat and optimistic, and as I've progressed through the story details he has some very legitimate grievances and reasons for doing what he's doing

SUPER

HOT

SUPER

HOT

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Anzekay wrote: »

this game is...Good

SUPER

HOT

SUPER

HOT

every room he's in it get hot as hell

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Hmmm no seduce option?

4: I'll show you what I can do with my tongue

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Crippl3 wrote: »

If the intimidate check passes do we kiss?

Edit - See Bucketman and I are on the same page

definitely wishlisted

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Outer Worlds' flaw system sounds intriguing.

I can easily see it becoming a pain in the ass or an absolute trifle, but I am nonetheless curious.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Outerworld developer said their isn't npc romance options because it usually just ends in a minigame that people meta the fuck out of regardless of rp.

Huzzah!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Hopefully we can still flirt even if it won’t go anywhere.

• Options
    Outerworld developer said their isn't npc romance options because it usually just ends in a minigame that people meta the fuck out of regardless of rp.

Huzzah!

JIxPmI3l.jpg

• Options
    the only video game character I want to flirt with right now is the player character in Hades

like, no joke

also Hades is SUPER GOOD. I played like 5 hours of it tonight, and got slowly better at it with each run. the game is gorgeous, it plays wonderfully, the music and voice acting is fabulous, the characters are interesting and loveable

all your family want to help you get away from your lame-ass dad, which is fantastic, and the incremental upgrades you get and the little story beats every time you return home after yet another death keeps things fresh and interesting and surprisingly upbeat for a roguelike set in fuckin hell

it's good shit, and it's only gonna get better as they finish more of it

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    more like bon king am I right

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Sidenote: I didn't realize there was a prequel to Rebel Galaxy in the works and that it's out "early 2019". Space dogfights and more slide guitar? Yes please

Rebel Galaxy was super chill and I loved it all (even repetitive as it could get).

I'm not seeing RGO on Steam so I guess I may have to get the Epic launcher after all.

If I didn't have a PS4 I would have jumped for Journey anyways.

• Options
    I would very badly like to play Hades but I suspect my experience, like all Early Access games, would benefit from just waiting until it launches

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I'm pretty impressed at how complete the game feels despite being early access

I think it's missing like, some gameplay options like more boons and weapons and such

but the game just keeps going and I haven't hit a point where it's like "ah sorry this is as far as you can go right now!"

I get the feeling they just have to add more polish and options and weapons and such

• Options
    The main character's animation seemed kinda janky from the trailer, but maybe it works better in gameplay or they're working on it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    there's a few things that feel a bit janky, and a one of the weapons kinda sucks

the dash is a bit weird too

but the sword, shield and bow all play super well, and the combo attacks feel excellent

there's some graphics issues, like the second zone has some weird clipping art so you can't see rewards for the next room, or sometimes my shield vanishes and I don't know when I can use it again

but largely it's played really well and I've yet to actually die to any buggy issues

This discussion has been closed.