As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Red Thread Redemption

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I named my horse
    Hoss Bigrig

I had to name it after the person I admire most

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I hunted a panther today. Boy is that some horror movie shit.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    When processing a deer, there's a tool you shove up its butt with hooks. It's for yanking out its innards.

Edit: not in the game, naturally

Weaver on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Chapter 6
    FUCKING HELL GAME JUST LET ME DIE ALREADY

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Is it possible to finish off a downed animal without ruining the pelt? I just want to shoot everything in sight and sell it to a butcher of questionable food safety standards, I'm not a monster!

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    Is it possible to finish off a downed animal without ruining the pelt? I just want to shoot everything in sight and sell it to a butcher of questionable food safety standards, I'm not a monster!

I'm pretty sure it has to be a one shot kill to get a perfect pelt

Or you can lasso the animal, reel it in and stab it

Well if it bleeds out after it's down, it doesn't ruin the quality. That's just a bit cruel is all.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    I think there are only two things missing that stop me from getting lost in this stupid game forever:

Dialogue options being locked out after an enemy goes aggro. I'd like to be able to trade insults with the last man standing when we're both hunkered down in cover. I'd like to be able to negotiate with the law while they've got me surrounded. Stuff like that.

Horse breeding.

Listen Knob, when you request horse breeding in a game, what you end up getting is shit like
    24394526.jpg

Do you want to get centaurs? Because that's how you get centaurs!

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    What about a reverse centaur
    Or a horse centaur

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Well if it bleeds out after it's down, it doesn't ruin the quality. That's just a bit cruel is all.

Hitting the kill button had never affected the quality for me.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm probably gonna start the single player for this on Sunday, maybe. Rachel's gonna take the kids out for a few hours so that should be a good time.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Hitting the kill button had never affected the quality for me.

He probably means online, there isn't a kill button online so you have to let them bleed out to preserve pelt quality.

Normally I feel bad about this, but when a fucking cougar was bleeding out I WATCHED IT BLEED!!!

Also online if you want to spare a leader but still loot them pistol whip them! They still technically live but you can loot. Creative goonery!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I'm probably gonna start the single player for this on Sunday, maybe. Rachel's gonna take the kids out for a few hours so that should be a good time.

The first two hours of the game are linearish, so the kids not being there will probably easier on you.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Also if anyone wants to dick around in the xbone online, my xbl id is right there in my signature!

Yeah there is no kill option online for some reason, and manually stabbing still counts as damaging. No idea why.

Another fun way to deal with leaders is the ol' hogtie. Give them a nice tour of the area. See the sights, smell the smells, dump them into an alligator infested swamp.

Yeah there is no kill option online for some reason, and manually stabbing still counts as damaging. No idea why.

Another fun way to deal with leaders is the ol' hogtie. Give them a nice tour of the area. See the sights, smell the smells, dump them into an alligator infested swamp.

I do like how they'll mention you took out their men fast. Had a lobos guy said I saved him on pay roll this morning which was pretty Ice and hilarious.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Also I totally did what rockstar wanted last night and bought some cosmetic stuff with my gold, bought a new repeater, and upgraded one of my combat cards. I still potentially have my gun refund coming which is nice.

I find it sad people complain when you use dead eye to kill them, uhh bro its in the game for a reason?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I didn't get my cash influx when I logged in last night, so I don't know if that's rolling out in stages like the beta access or not

Ceno wrote: »
    I didn't get my cash influx when I logged in last night, so I don't know if that's rolling out in stages like the beta access or not

They said originally the 250 and 15 bards can take up to the 14 for people to get it, I want to say the refunds as long as the 10th? So you've got some time. Mine was just there when I signed in.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    this here is my cowboy song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAuQ8uoVAE0

what are your cowboy songs, thread?

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I only know this from Fallout, but I've always loved this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=999RqGZatPs

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    It's the cliche for a reason. This is my cowboy song

https://youtu.be/nOr0na6mKJQ

https://youtu.be/B9FzVhw8_bY

A bit of a new school flavor

https://youtu.be/cco-pCb0klU

Mainly because of justified even though its concerned with the south its got a western to it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Oh I didn't realize yesterday they changed horse insurance to be dollars not just gold bars. That's a nice change.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Oh I didn't realize yesterday they changed horse insurance to be dollars not just gold bars. That's a nice change.

Thank fuck for that. My Arabian got killed ALL the time even if it wasn't with me it'd end up shot by someone and you have a cooldown before you can get it back without insurance and a cool down IF YOU PAY THE GODDAMN VET BILL. It was ridiculous.

How much is it in cash?

I've always insured my uhh two horses? So I didn't know there was a cool down.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

The Arabian cost FIVE GOLD BARS to insure.

The Arabian cost FIVE GOLD BARS to insure.

So did my standardbred I think?

I was thinking about getting a mustang with my rockstar granted gold. Because my standardbred is nice for like speed, but any kind of animal on the back? Stamina drain city.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I wish the online part was so bad, the feedback from y'all and elsewhere and the micro-transactions have put me off it completely

technically the microtransactions haven't been implemented yet

they will be hoo boy don't worry but right now you can't pay real money for anything

edited December 2018
    Yeah currently the micros aren't in game yet. We'll see when they do eventually make it in, but like you can make the premium currency in game, and so far there isn't a "you can only buy this with real money" option.

Also I didn't realize the horse feat for (falling 10 feet) while on a horse only mean the player had to survive not the horse... Challenge unlocked sorry Gale.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I'm just so happy that the youtubespeople have started doing their work. So even if I can't afford all the cool stuff, I can watch them.

https://youtu.be/GKJRU-EYBec

Oh man that is some hilarious shit. I need to try horse racing

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Without some strong inventive to not just shoot everyone all the time, Red Dead Online is basically nonfunctional as far as I'm concerned

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular